Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523986 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2016
fakmurphy:
@justwise and @askari Is it possible to travel before stated date on visa application? I'm going for conference in Oct in London in my application but I've something to do in Edinburgh before the conference date which was not stated in my application. Thnx for your usual help.

Just prepare a convincing explanation when stopped and questioned.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toyinajani(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2016
Pls advise, my family travelled to U.K in 2008 with 6 month visiting visa, spent two weeks and returned to Nigeria. We want to apply/renew our visa in Dec. to travel April, should we apply for two years or same 6 months?
Pls your suggestions. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by frankloloko: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
Finally I got my visa yesterday but I can't travel with it because of the exchange rate has affected my business . What can I do ? Does it affect my chances in future ? Please advice me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
frankloloko:
Finally I got my visa yesterday but I can't travel with it because of the exchange rate has affected my business . What can I do ? Does it affect my chances in future ? Please advice me

You just need to tell the truth at sometime in the future about finance.
You will not be the only one affected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2016
fakmurphy:
@justwise and @askari Is it possible to travel before stated date on visa application? I'm going for conference in Oct in London in my application but I've something to do in Edinburgh before the conference date which was not stated in my application. Thnx for your usual help.

This raises a red flag bro,don't try it oooo,or else they will turn you back,cancel the visa and ban you on top...wait for the day you stated you intend to travel and at the point of entry no tell dem say you wan go Scotland ooo.wait until you gain entry before going places..wish you well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phummzi: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Good day all, am planing to go to UK with my hubby we are getting an invitation from his sister, we are applying as a family (my hubby & I only) how much can we have in our account to enable us get the visa? what other documents can we provide? Can we use my account? where am working am still on probation so i cant get reference letter from my office I intend to state it in the application that am self employed. Hope it will be accepted. I also need guidelines on how to go about it.
Awaiting your swift response.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
phummzi:
Good day all, am planing to go to UK with my hubby we are getting an invitation from his sister, we are applying as a family (my hubby & I only) how much can we have in our account to enable us get the visa? what other documents can we provide? Can we use my account? where am working am still on probation so i cant get reference letter from my office I intend to state it in the application that am self employed. Hope it will be accepted. I also need guidelines on how to go about it.
Thanks.

Please do not start your application with a lie!
State the true facts.
If you are on probation say that.
You might be refused, but you will at least not be banned for a false declaration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hello my people, my visa (visiting) was denied few weeks ago due to income palava.
My fiancee is a citizen and we intend getting married this year so I can apply for spousal visa.
My questions now:
What are those things I need to put in place here(documents wise n all). I work and school (MSc).
What are those things she also need to put in place over there?
We intend applying Jan/Feb next year.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by royalkonsults(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
toyinajani:
Pls advise, my family travelled to U.K in 2008 with 6 month visiting visa, spent two weeks and returned to Nigeria. We want to apply/renew our visa in Dec. to travel April, should we apply for two years or same 6 months?

6 months!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
toyinajani:

You can apply for 2 years if you have the money nothing wrong with that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
ronvlaar:
Hello my people, my visa (visiting) was denied few weeks ago due to income palava.
My fiancee is a citizen and we intend getting married this year so I can apply for spousal visa.
My questions now:
What are those things I need to put in place here(documents wise n all). I work and school (MSc).
What are those things she also need to put in place over there?
We intend applying Jan/Feb next year.
Thanks in anticipation.

Get those information here https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
phummzi:

Thanks.

There is no need lying about your work situation because it will come back to hurt you.

Lists of documents needed has been listed in this thread far too many times so please read this thread.

Yes you can submit your account if you will be part sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
phummzi:

Thanks.

You can include your appointment letter from your office that includes the breakdown of your salary and is properly signed off. That can replace the reference letter for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by swaysway: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Good morning house, please I need your help on this.
I want to apply for UK visiting visa. But the issue is, my cousin and I run the same business.He started the business alone. I joined after couple of months. I want to use the bank account for my UK visa {we both have access to the account}. Do I need anything from him. Maybe a letter. Also, he registered the business with his name before I joined.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Hello all
i have been an active visitor all alomg but decided to join today. my wife, the student has made her application but i, the dependant has not due to funds short as a result of the changing rates.
my questions are as follows:
1. Can i apply using the same bank statement but reprinted before my own application
2. would it be questionable to the VO why i used same account with my patner
3. Has anyone here done something similar or knows someone who has
your answers will be apreciated
cc: Justwise, worry359 olowoB... etc
pls....helppppp
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2016
sassyboochic:
Hello all

1. Can i apply using the same bank statement but reprinted before my own application

It is strange this exact same question has been asked 3 or 4 times recently.
Remember the Visa officers read here and will be looking out for this now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2016
worry359:

It is strange this exact same question has been asked 3 or 4 times recently.
Remember the Visa officers read here and will be looking out for this now.
.so whats the answer and what is strange about different people askin same question

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by swaysway: 8:44am On Aug 30, 2016
swaysway:
I want to apply for UK visiting visa. But the issue is, my cousin and I run the same business.He started the business alone. I joined after couple of months. I want to use the bank account for my UK visa {we both have access to the account}. Do I need anything from him. Maybe a letter. Also, he registered the business with his name before I joined.

Thanks in advance.

Please help a brother ....

Good morning
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2016
swaysway:

Thanks in advance.

The visa officers do not like business accounts for travel.
That account is for trade, not personal use.
They look with western eyes and rules, not Nigerian!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2016
sassyboochic:
Hello all
i have been an active visitor all alomg but decided to join today. my wife, the student has made her application but i, the dependant has not due to funds short as a result of the changing rates.
my questions are as follows:
2. would it be questionable to the VO why i used same account with my patner
3. Has anyone here done something similar or knows someone who has
your answers will be apreciated
cc: Justwise, worry359 olowoB... etc
pls....helppppp

We have answered this question just 4-5 pages back in the other thread you posted it first

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2016
justwise:

We have answered this question just 4-5 pages back in the other thread you posted it first
thanks.. still very new to nairaland so trying to find how to navigate. most grtfl
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by megastu(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone. I just collected my visa and docs from TLS abuja. I got my 6 months visa. I would hv loved to apply for 2 years but the money is mch ooo.
Pls, can i email uk embassy concerning my refund for the 1st application i cancelled due to mistake in the application.
My timeline:
Applied on Monday 15th Aug
Appointment/Biometrics in Abuja Tues 16th Aug
Tls sent me email that UK visas and immigration has received my package on Wed 17th Aug
TLS sent me message on Mon 22nd dat my application has been accessed and my decision and docs will sent to the VAC.
TLS sent me a message on Tues 23rd that my PP and docs are ready for collection. That was fast oooo.
NB: I did not receive any message from UKVI. Also, no VAF ref in the emails sent from TLS just my name and ref GWF****** neither did anyone get any phone call.
Collected my visa on Tues 23rd sharp sharp with my 6 months visa.
Issue date is Fri 19th and suprisingly it was issued in sheffield. It was written on the package DMC: Abuja, Lagos- Sheffield. My last visa was issued in Abuja. I wonder why dis one was issued in sheffield.
U can make correction on a cover note or add extra information if need be cos it worked for me.
Maybe it was issued in sheffield because i will be travelling with my lil american baby.
Documents submitted:
Application form with a cover note attached to it
2 savings statement of acc from 2 diff banks. One has a turn over of 15M and bal of 1.sth million and is a year plus statemenent
The other has a turn over of 3M with bal of 1.sth and is a 6 months statement. I wrote that i will spend 1 million for the trip. I also wrote my figures in naira not pounds in my application form.
NB: My corperate biz acc was not submitted. Just savings which is where i will spend from.
Monies were paid into the acc days b4 and even prior to printing from businesses i did. So i think it is only an issue when such monies hasn't been entering ur acc and when they are not geniune. Business has to continue even on the verge of application.
Tax clearance with turn over of 1.7M and tax paid is 55k
CAC docs of my biz name which was incorperated feb last yr
Vat Reg Cert
Marriage Cert
2 nigerian and 1 american birth certs of kids
Wedding pic and lovely family pic
Consent letter from DH
Letter of intro/sponsorship from me with my letter headed.
Planned itinerary
Hotel Reservation
Also, funny enough i did not state how much i make on the application. I wrote VARIES which is the truth. I also explained in the space give that my income is not fixed and it varies since i do biz and can differ month by month but i stated in the cover note an average of atleast 300k monthly.
I am a married woman with kids and i have a good travel history UK(once), USA(twice) with a newly renewed US visa again on the PP, Dubai (twice), India and Ukraine. Other countries like schengen are more than 10 yrs.
I THINK SINCERITY AND GENUINE DOCUMENTS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS AND WILL ALWAYS BE...
I got all docs except few pages of the statements and my american baby's photocopy of data page and birth cert. I wonder why but its all good.
Now my sleepless nites, anxiety and days of adrenaline pumping is over cos of feeling to know the outcome.
IN ALL I GIVE GOD ALL THE PRAISE
I hope this helps someone....

Did you pay for expedited service? How long does it take between when a decision is made and passport ready for collection?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello house,
Thanks for the good job you guys are doing here.
About a week ago, I got a mail from Sheffield that my application is not straightforward. Today, I got a mail that a decision has been made regarding my visa application and.it shud be ready for collection in 3-5 days.
Now my question is, what does it mean when they say an application is not straightforward? I read sometimes ago here when a lady had a lengthy ban after she got a mail that her application was not straight forward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by megastu(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
bimbotek:
Hello house,
Thanks for the good job you guys are doing here.
About a week ago, I got a mail from Sheffield that my application is not straightforward. Today, I got a mail that a decision has been made regarding my visa application and.it shud be ready for collection in 3-5 days.
Now my question is, what does it mean when they say an application is not straightforward? I read sometimes ago here when a lady had a lengthy ban after she got a mail that her application was not straight forward.

It could mean that it was difficult making a decision based on the documents provided. If they needed more documents they would have informed you though or if an interview was required. All the best. When did you make the application and what was duration of visa requested?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
megastu:

It could mean that it was difficult making a decision based on the documents provided. If they needed more documents they would have informed you though or if an interview was required. All the best. When did you make the application and what was duration of visa requested?

I did my biometrics and submitted my docs in vi on the 5th Aug 2016 and it's for a 6month visa..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abeylevels(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
@FrontPageLawyer,@Justwise, @ancestorial, @ifyalways, @2n2k

You guys are fantastically wonderful.

After series of questions and answers I finally wish to tell you I got my business visa. Thanks for your guidance.

I was much worried since I know I had to do a lot to convince the ECO that am a genuine person going for a business visit & will be back to my job & family. I had past refusals and your guidance helped a lot. Above all I thank God.

I personally believe that all genuine applicants must put their applications right with good documents but you also need God to also help you.
There are stories I have read on this Nairaland of people with genuine intentions, good supporting documents but the ECO mistakenly did not see some of their very important documents. The ECO are also human beings and may have bad or stressful days like we do.

I also wish to drop my own little tip here for people who are genuinely going to the UK. This is my own contribution to the forum:-
Your ties to Nigeria is one of the key among several factors they loot at.
For you to know which documents to add, put yourself in the shoes of the ECO and imagine how you will be convinced that a visa applicant is coming back.
-Marriage is a good tie but may not be enough based on their experiences. There are people who have family but left and never came back.
Some will even go and marry UK citizens to get stay in UK.
-Properties are also good but having just a land is not very strong. If you have a house or an ongoing house project , you are in order.
-You can also turn your job to a good tie. if you have spent many years in your company or business, its also very helpful.
If you have received recommendation letter or promotion letter, it says a lot about you.
Are there NGOs or Professional associations related to your job that issued you certifications or recommendations, then you can also present them
-You must also explain all sources of money to your bank account. I later understand why they are very much interested in bank statement.
Bank statement says a lot about everyone.
It can help them to know how you acquired your money & your economic circumstances. The final balance in your account is important but being too high will not impress them.
If there are deposits you cannot explain with paper proof, then there will be a red flag about your person. They will be wondering if such a person is Yahoo-Yahoo or 419, or someone who got money through illegal means.
-Lastly, in the application form where they ask how much you spend every month, try to be approximate to the truth. People can easily state a very low amount as monthly expenses but the ECO can check your bank statement to estimate your monthly expenses. if there are huge differences, there will be a red flag in their mind.

Above all, depending on your faith you need God in addition to human effort.

Thanks a lot guys. God bless you richly

FrontPageLawyer:

Anybody can make the payment; the ECO is more concerned about the original receipt of payment and a confirm reservation for the training.

Your past refusals are not much of a problem, but you must clearly disclose and give concise reasons for all past refusals in your new application. It’s called an integrity test. Your new visa application will be treated/considered differently.

Documents you need from your company;

Registration Certificate
Tax clearance Certificate
Introduction letter from company
Statement of account or Letter of sponsorship, this depends on the type of organization you work with.

Document you need to prove your ties to your home country.

Employment letter
Introduction Letter from company
Hotel reservation
Training receipt and seat reservation
Six months statement of account print out (Salary Account)
Six months payslip showing monthly tax deduction or Personal Income Tax card.
And any other documents to prove your ties to Nigeria, e.g. property documents, shares document, inheritance, Marriage certificate and Children Birth Certificate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please how much does it cost for this Priority service- , Anybody in they house please.

Priority service- 5days, decision was made on the 4th day,collected my passport on the 5th day.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by maestro03: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Stop giving false information.

If you have a valid reason to travel earlier, state it at point of entry. I have never and i repeat never traveled on the stated date on any of my applications. These guys are not stupid, they understand that certain factors can change your itinerary. It is overstaying the allotted visit period that really really concerns them. So if you want to visit Scotland earlier than intended please do so. You have a valid visa, don't you? you cna use it anytime within its validity.

Solatium:

This raises a red flag bro,don't try it oooo,or else they will turn you back,cancel the visa and ban you on top...wait for the day you stated you intend to travel and at the point of entry no tell dem say you wan go Scotland ooo.wait until you gain entry before going places..wish you well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by poca4real(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
@Justwise.
Thanks bro for your support.I received my package today but refused.find attached for your review.

I don't really understand what the ECO is pointing at,I have my job with salary stated and supported with payslip and bank statement,also submitted my house document(deed,building plan,survey,even payment receipt)

As regards increase in my account,it will not take me more than 3 month to save what i have,but he still in doubt.

I really enjoying applying and do it myself process,this is just a learning point to work on against another time.

justwise:

Print that with all the bank details.

You need to add a breakdown of cost of the trip AND list of things you plan to do while in the UK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
CAC docs of my biz name which was incorporated feb last yr

I presumed that your last 6months visa, you did not use this company which was only incorporated in February last year because I hear if your company is very new, they chances of getting a visa is very slim.

My company was incorporated October last year, what are my chances.

Please advise.

emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone. I just collected my visa and docs from TLS abuja. I got my 6 months visa. I would hv loved to apply for 2 years but the money is mch ooo.
Pls, can i email uk embassy concerning my refund for the 1st application i cancelled due to mistake in the application.
My timeline:
Applied on Monday 15th Aug
Appointment/Biometrics in Abuja Tues 16th Aug
Tls sent me email that UK visas and immigration has received my package on Wed 17th Aug
TLS sent me message on Mon 22nd dat my application has been accessed and my decision and docs will sent to the VAC.
TLS sent me a message on Tues 23rd that my PP and docs are ready for collection. That was fast oooo.
NB: I did not receive any message from UKVI. Also, no VAF ref in the emails sent from TLS just my name and ref GWF****** neither did anyone get any phone call.
Collected my visa on Tues 23rd sharp sharp with my 6 months visa.
Issue date is Fri 19th and suprisingly it was issued in sheffield. It was written on the package DMC: Abuja, Lagos- Sheffield. My last visa was issued in Abuja. I wonder why dis one was issued in sheffield.
U can make correction on a cover note or add extra information if need be cos it worked for me.
Maybe it was issued in sheffield because i will be travelling with my lil american baby.
Documents submitted:
Application form with a cover note attached to it
2 savings statement of acc from 2 diff banks. One has a turn over of 15M and bal of 1.sth million and is a year plus statemenent
The other has a turn over of 3M with bal of 1.sth and is a 6 months statement. I wrote that i will spend 1 million for the trip. I also wrote my figures in naira not pounds in my application form.
NB: My corperate biz acc was not submitted. Just savings which is where i will spend from.
Monies were paid into the acc days b4 and even prior to printing from businesses i did. So i think it is only an issue when such monies hasn't been entering ur acc and when they are not geniune. Business has to continue even on the verge of application.
Tax clearance with turn over of 1.7M and tax paid is 55k
CAC docs of my biz name which was incorperated feb last yr
Vat Reg Cert
Marriage Cert
2 nigerian and 1 american birth certs of kids
Wedding pic and lovely family pic
Consent letter from DH
Letter of intro/sponsorship from me with my letter headed.
Planned itinerary
Hotel Reservation
Also, funny enough i did not state how much i make on the application. I wrote VARIES which is the truth. I also explained in the space give that my income is not fixed and it varies since i do biz and can differ month by month but i stated in the cover note an average of atleast 300k monthly.
I am a married woman with kids and i have a good travel history UK(once), USA(twice) with a newly renewed US visa again on the PP, Dubai (twice), India and Ukraine. Other countries like schengen are more than 10 yrs.
I THINK SINCERITY AND GENUINE DOCUMENTS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS AND WILL ALWAYS BE...
I got all docs except few pages of the statements and my american baby's photocopy of data page and birth cert. I wonder why but its all good.
Now my sleepless nites, anxiety and days of adrenaline pumping is over cos of feeling to know the outcome.
IN ALL I GIVE GOD ALL THE PRAISE
I hope this helps someone....

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
poca4real:
@Justwise.
Thanks bro for your support.I received my package today but refused.find attached for your review.

I don't really understand what the ECO is pointing at,I have my job with salary stated and supported with payslip and bank statement,also submitted my house document(deed,building plan,survey,even payment receipt)
As regards increase in my account,it will not take me more than 3 month to save what i have,but he still in doubt.
I really enjoying applying and do it myself process,this is just a learning point to work on against another time.

The thing that I see
You have built up the sum by paying all your wages into the account.
But what do you use for living, food , clothes and expenses?
You need so show clearly your incomings and spending.

Also the VO. will not want to see you spend all your savings on one short trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hello house,
please i would like to submit my application nextweek for six months visiting visa, i will be printing the monthly payslip sent to my email by HR. Can i submit the copy like dt or i need HR to stamp it to look authentic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.