Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524281 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2016
nma01:

@Lexusgs430, yes it was but it seems like super priority, gosh let me take a deep breath.

Your money working for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2016
poca4real:

I submitted 6 months ranging from feb-July for both the statement and payslip.

Ok..and there is no other payment into your salary account within that period?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2016
want2knowben:

Please, I need help with a couple of matters.

1. When writing an invitation/sponsorship letter in support of a visa application at Ikeja, what is the correct address to use. I only have the VI address.

2.My intending guest seems to be in a situation akin to 'self-employment' (no company), where the income varies from month to month. How will monthly income be stated on the application form, seeing as the amounts are not the same every month? Will an average figure over a period suffice? e.g, total of figures over 6 months divided by 6? or the figure from the latest month?

3.There is also the matter of money from family/friends coming into the account monthly but not regular/fixed amounts. Should one use an average figure or the figure from the latest month?

Thanks in advance!

1. The embassy address.

2. That is the best you can do under that circumstance.

3. Source of that money need to be explained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2016
segzy0:
Hello Gurus,

I want to apply for a visa in December. Please I'd like to know if UK embassy accepts affidavit of land documents as my first name on the documents is different from the name on my travel passport.

Please advice. Thanks

That will raise suspicion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2016
wyse24:
Hello everyone,
My brother had issue with UK the last time he travelled there in 2012. He had travelled twice or three before the last issued visa. He was given a multiple entry family visiting visa. He travelled alone but when he got there he said he came for business trip which contracted the purpose visa was issued on. He was deported and the visa was cancelled with a pen.
He later applied to USA in 2013 and was denied after seeing what UK did on his passport. He was told to resolve his issue with UK and then re-apply.

Now the passport had expired last year, how can he go about it if he want to apply to USA again? Also, is there a way he can clear his self with UK? Maybe a letter from them. It was only that very visa that was cancelled and if he applied to UK again he may be issue another,but what can be done to apply for USA again without them making reference to the first reason. What can he do? Please, someone should advise.

He needs to do sort that out first before applying to US embassy again because they still have his record.

I don't think he will be able to get any letter from the British embassy clearing that up.

If he has the requirement to apply again he can do that and explain what happened that lead to deportation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2016
RetroBoy:
Good day house.
I presently have a valid UK visa which country expires on the 4th of October.
However, I have a course and an exam slated for mid-November.(the course starts last week of September and extends to the middle of November, right before the exam and my visa will have expired by then).
can I apply for an extension of the visa? or do I have to apply for another one?
PS: I am presently in Nigeria
Cc:justwise, FrontPageLawyer

They are both the same.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by batuns247yahoo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
morning house please I need advice I just got my UK visa last week Thursday am to travel for a particular conference which has end this last sunday 28th August 2016 . Due to my late submission I got the visa lately I couldn't make the trip. Please can I visit the UK before the six month expire or I should apply for anothet visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by poca4real(m): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
@justwise
No payment,except the contribution of 150k i started in Jan -March and i took my turn in April.All this were explained showing him respective debit leg for each month and the credit when it comes amont to 450k at the of April.

Thanks for your concern.I will make use of my cash for other things and re-apply next year.

justwise:

Ok..and there is no other payment into your salary account within that period?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please, Any update on this? Thanks.
bimbotek:
Hello house,
Thanks for the good job you guys are doing here.
About a week ago, I got a mail from Sheffield that my application is not straightforward. Today, I got a mail that a decision has been made regarding my visa application and.it shud be ready for collection in 3-5 days.
Now my question is, what does it mean when they say an application is not straightforward? I read sometimes ago here when a lady had a lengthy ban after she got a mail that her application was not straight forward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
ZOE07:
No update yet ooo.
Only got a mail on Wednesday from tls that my application has been reviewed and decision and docs wud be sent back to the VAC over the next few days. I am so apprehensive as I av a US visa interview next week Wednesday.

House, how long does it take to get ones docs back from the VAC from the date sheffied notifies one that a decision has been reached.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
OK, thanks. It takes three working days normally. Your should get it by Monday then.
bimbotek:

No update yet ooo.
Only got a mail on Wednesday from tls that my application has been reviewed and decision and docs wud be sent back to the VAC over the next few days. I am so apprehensive as I av a US visa interview next week Wednesday.

House, how long does it take to get ones docs back from the VAC from the date sheffied notifies one that a decision has been reached.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Have you travelled using the present visa in its current form?
Yes, I have. I traveled to the UK in June for an exam.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
justwise:

They are both the same.
I don't understand. Do I have to wait for it to expire before applying for another after October?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
swaysway:
Good morning house, please I need your help on this.
I want to apply for UK visiting visa. But the issue is, my cousin and I run the same business.He started the business alone. I joined after couple of months. I want to use the bank account for my UK visa {we both have access to the account}. Do I need anything from him. Maybe a letter. Also, he registered the business with his name before I joined.

Thanks in advance.
Once your name was not included on form 07 as a director,don't even bother to apply,there is no way you can convince them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Febuary last year till this august that i applied is a year and 5 months. My last visa, i applied as a housewife and i travelled with my whole family cos i haven't started my business. This time around i applied myself with my docs. I hear people say here that you need a business that is atleast a year old.
Someone please shed some more light.
What if you wait till like November? By then your company will be atleast a year old.

quote author=canalarge post=48961374]CAC docs of my biz name which was incorporated feb last yr

I presumed that your last 6months visa, you did not use this company which was only incorporated in February last year because I hear if your company is very new, they chances of getting a visa is very slim.

My company was incorporated October last year, what are my chances.

Please advise.

Go ahead and include those documents,since you have travelled as a house wife,it clearly means you have increased your chances of getting your visa renew,it also means you have moved on from been a dependant to independent person...Best of luck

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
RetroBoy:

Yes, I have.
I traveled to the UK in June for an exam.

Applying for another visa is the best route forward. (BUT), When you initially applied, did you state the purpose was for an exam or visiting?
If it was the former, the risk of refusal as to be considered.
If the latter, simply state purpose and a renewal would/should be issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
bravedude:
Who has flown medview to London?am about to make a reservation and I want to know which is better between medview and arik flight to London.Thanks

i will choose Medview over Arik anyday,though Medview goes through Gatwick and Arik to Heathrow,your destination will determine your choice of airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
ZOE07:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
RetroBoy:
Good day house.
I presently have a valid UK visa which country expires on the 4th of October.
However, I have a course and an exam slated for mid-November.(the course starts last week of September and extends to the middle of November, right before the exam and my visa will have expired by then).
can I apply for an extension of the visa? or do I have to apply for another one?
PS: I am presently in Nigeria
Cc:justwise, FrontPageLawyer
If you r talking about PLAB2,just apply for another visa stating why.Should be easy if you cover your bases well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 12:13am On Sep 03, 2016
justwise:

That will raise suspicion

Noted @JustWise

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ivycole: 12:34am On Sep 03, 2016
i was refused UK visa today based on the fact that I said I've never been refused a uk visa although they say I was refused on 18/06/2007 and also my year of birth on that passport was 1996 but on this new passport is 1995. I was only 12 years old then and I don't even remember much I only remember that I was to travel with my mum and then she said we were no longer travelling, had no idea we were refused visa and I don't know the reason for the falsified age then. Pls what can I do to fix this issue in other to reapply. Thanks for your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ivycole:
i was refused UK visa today based on the fact that I said I've never been refused a uk visa although they say I was refused on 18/06/2007 and also my year of birth on that passport was 1996 but on this new passport is 1995. I was only 12 years old then and I don't even remember much I only remember that I was to travel with my mum and then she said we were no longer travelling, had no idea we were refused visa and I don't know the reason for the falsified age then. Pls what can I do to fix this issue in other to reapply. Thanks for your reply

Send an email or a letter to the embassy and explain that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
poca4real:
@justwise
No payment,except the contribution of 150k i started in Jan -March and i took my turn in April.All this were explained showing him respective debit leg for each month and the credit when it comes amont to 450k at the of April.

Thanks for your concern. I will make use of my cash for other things and re-apply next year.

That is a good attitude, it's not do or die thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ivycole:

The first thing to do is to contact them with all the details that you last used. (When you were refused)
Ask them if you have been banned.

I know this is hard to do but until you find out you could be wasting time and money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good day justwise and all. please I av a little challenge, I am a salary earner, been working for more than 7year and within those year I av change jobs 3times. am about to apply for uk visa, I av a salary account and a personal savings account. wen my salary is paid I move it to my savings account on a monthly basis for eas of access. so I dont av cash on d salary account. can I use my savings account for the application process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
suwas2003:
Good day justwise and all. please I av a little challenge, I am a salary earner, been working for more than 7year and within those year I av change jobs 3times. am about to apply for uk visa, I av a salary account and a personal savings account. wen my salary is paid I move it to my savings account on a monthly basis for eas of access. so I dont av cash on d salary account. can I use my savings account for the application process

Submit both.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thank you for your advise. I appreciate

emeldamicheals:
Febuary last year till this august that i applied is a year and 5 months. My last visa, i applied as a housewife and i travelled with my whole family cos i haven't started my business. This time around i applied myself with my docs. I hear people say here that you need a business that is atleast a year old.
Someone please shed some more light.
What if you wait till like November? By then your company will be atleast a year old.

quote author=canalarge post=48961374]CAC docs of my biz name which was incorporated feb last yr

I presumed that your last 6months visa, you did not use this company which was only incorporated in February last year because I hear if your company is very new, they chances of getting a visa is very slim.

My company was incorporated October last year, what are my chances.

Please advise.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcluy(m): 6:56am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Justwise and co.. my last two visa applications were denied late last year and February this year on account of the source of my income being questionable. I resigned from my workplace afterwards and got a new job in March and I earn 150k monthly- my monthly expenses is 20k. I plan to re-apply cos I need to write an exam(wanna stay for 4 days). I will like to know if I can re-apply now or I need to still chill. Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adetorosey(m): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and i do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Na wa ooo.
I submitted my UK application exactly a month ago. Got a mail from sheffied that a decision has been made on my application last week Tuesday, tsl also sent a mail last Wednesday that a decision has been made and would get my docs and passport in a few days time.
Since that time I neva hear Anytin again ooo. Can I go to tsl as I have a US visa interview on Wednesday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
poca4real:
@Justwise.
Thanks bro for your support.I received my package today but refused.find attached for your review.

I don't really understand what the ECO is pointing at,I have my job with salary stated and supported with payslip and bank statement,also submitted my house document(deed,building plan,survey,even payment receipt)

As regards increase in my account,it will not take me more than 3 month to save what i have,but he still in doubt.

I really enjoying applying and do it myself process,this is just a learning point to work on against another time.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
bimbotek:
Na wa ooo.
I submitted my UK application exactly a month ago. Got a mail from sheffied that a decision has been made on my application last week Tuesday, tsl also sent a mail last Wednesday that a decision has been made and would get my docs and passport in a few days time.
Since that time I neva hear Anytin again ooo. Can I go to tsl as I have a US visa interview on Wednesday.

Yipeeee... thanks everyone. Just got my visa...I had to go in the rain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.