Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524070 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ehimeomo:

Verification of my bank statement (SOA). I guess the bank was called because the bank officer that called, asked me to respond in the affirmative loudly IF I can give my consent for my account to be verified by a third party (in this case, I guess the UK Embassy), sharp sharp, I say YES, PLEASE DO!!!! Meanwhile, in my previous application six months ago, it wasn't so. Don't fret much, you will get it BY GOD'S GRACE.

Thank you, was ur bank statement stamped by ur bank, cos mine was stamped. A friend of mine got his visa without any verification and his statement was stamped
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Folks when you apply for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria is the application assessed in Nigeria or its sent to the UK to be assessed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Onyx234: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
justwise:

A. yes you have to

B. Yes

C. That is a reasonable amount.

D.No, its not part of visa requirements.

E. Yes that is the correct answer.

F. Your job and your kid's school.

If you have evidence of money sent to your by your hubby add it, stuff like receipts or any paper work relating to western union money transaction.

Hi please I need some advise on this, my sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account.

Here is the refusal letter.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ehimeomo(f): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Kukuful1014:

Thank you, was ur bank statement stamped by ur bank, cos mine was stamped. A friend of mine got his visa without any verification and his statement was stamped
Of course, it was stamped & signed with a reference letter attached as well. It isn't compulsory for them to call or verify, though. I guess they did because I had applied before & someone didn't do what he/she ought to do then. In all, I guess GRACE played a major role.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Onyx234: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=Kukuful1014 post=52102364]

Hi I need your opinion please,my sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Onyx234: 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Guys can anyone please explain this to me as I find it unreasonable.
My sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money 40k naira? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onyx234:
Guys can anyone please explain this to me as I find it unreasonable.
My sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money 40k naira? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account.

What they are saying in an indirect way.

Because she can not fund the trip herself
they feel that her ties to return home are weak.
They suspect that there is more chance of her overstaying.

She must present strong ties to home.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Onyx234: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
worry359:

What they are saying in an indirect way.

Because she can not fund the trip herself
they feel that her ties to return home are weak.
They suspect that there is more chance of her overstaying.

She must present strong ties to home.

She has a son And we submitted his birthday certificate, shame has a job as a teacher working with the state government and she supports my mother what other ties do they need?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
D gurus in the house am here again and I want you to help me with this message I received today about my EEA FP. Please like what and what I should be expecting from them or what are they trying to look for pls... House advise me.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damidamsel: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Long post alert........sorry but need to be detailed for clarification

Hi All, please i need your advise. So my hubby and I (baby has us passport so didnt need it) applied for UK visa with hubby as the sponsor on 21st Nov 2016 and got our passport back with a refusal after 12working days. The ONLY reason the Eco stated on each of our applications was that we did not show proof of income and our deposits were not regular which i believe he came to this conclusion because he didn't go through the docs well. This is our case:

My hubby earns abt 300k after tax monthly - this was evidenced by payslip, bank statement, promotion letter and introduction letter
He earns commission from client deals - the inflows shows in the bank statement and is not a one time lump sum, it has always been that way. His promotion and introduction letter also states he is on salary plus commission (however we did not highlight any of these on the bank statement)
He owns a 1acre farm and included the DOA for the land but no income was evidenced in the bank statement as no income came in during that 6month bank statement period)
The ECOs claim of income not being regular baffles me because his salary shows in there but everyone knows commission can never be regular

I am self employed (run a career development organization) which just began trainings in October. I attached my cac reg, tax receipt, my e-tcc card, company bank statement and personal bank statement. I also run a uber business
My company income was evidenced in the bank statement but unlike salary, cannot be regular as it depends on the number of trainings done. I even reduced the income by claiming income once every two months whereas i did a training in Oct and another in Nov
For the uber, i included the car docs, drivers agreement, uber invoices printed off the uber platform and the incomes show in the bank statement as uber remits and the driver remits with his name. With the uber also, though there is a standard pay expected, it cannot be seen as one sum because it is always a split between uber and the driver
(With these too, we did not highlight the incomes on the bank statement for easy detection)

We planned to travel on the 21st of Dec for a one week visit and budgeted £3k whereas we had abt 3m besides the funds in my biz acct and my savings. We initially wanted to reapply immediately (and highlight the bank statements and include another cover letter detailing the income) but could get no date with enough time before our travel date and priority service would have cost us abt 370k. We did not choose priority service because we did not want to look desperate paying 340k for a visa just for 7days visit.
Now we intend to reapply by end of January, if not for anything but to clear the doubt on ground, but probably also to visit during Easter or stopover on our trip to the US.
My question is: What could we have done differently to prove these incomes? What can we add to the next application to make it succesful

Thanks in anticipation of your responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
@Ehimeomo
What are the documents you applied with do you have travel experience are you married kindly let me pls so as to prepare myself very well this uk visa no be beans
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
@justwise how long does it take to get CAC and if any knows how to go about kindly let me I need to register my business asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
please have you recieved ur visa?because am in the same shoes now. if yes pls share ur story[i][/i]
drobadebayo:
Please does Tier 2 visas normally take this long even with priority.I have been waiting for like 14 working days now.Did anyone apply recently?Please I need an advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
Eastner:

Thank you so much for the response. I truly appreciate it. I do have evidence of the money sent to me and will add it all..If i have more questions concerning my application,i'll get back to you.

No worries, all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ehimeomo:

@justwise, you can say that again. Sure, I will give the hug to them. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't urge you on to doing the good things you always do. God go bless you richly for all your inputs & grant you WISDOM like that of SOLOMON.

grin grin very kind of you.

Safe journey and welcome to the UK, its freezing cold here now so get your winter jacket and hat ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drobadebayo: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
chaochao:
please have you recieved ur visa?because am in the same shoes now. if yes pls share ur story[i][/i]
Bro,the wait is ongoing.N o be small thing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onyx234:

Hi please I need some advise on this, my sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account.

Here is the refusal letter.

In this occasion unfortunately you can't sponsor your sister, she need to be to sponsor herself.

She is not earning enough to have a strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
D gurus in the house am here again and I want you to help me with this message I received today about my EEA FP. Please like what and what I should be expecting from them or what are they trying to look for pls... House advise me.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ehimeomo(f): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
bogolobango:
@Ehimeomo
What are the documents you applied with do you have travel experience are you married kindly let me pls so as to prepare myself very well this uk visa no be beans
@bogolobango: I applied with all my official docs, from employment letter to last month's pay slip, SOA with reference letter, office ID & Yes, I have traveling history/experience, been to d US (still running till next year) & UAE. No, I'm not married. You can DIY if you take your time to diligently go thru this thread from start to finish cry & most of all keep quoting the gurus to draw their attention to your case or to help. PRAY! PRAY!! PRAY!!! & keep PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works. @justwise, sure I'm ready for the cold grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Onyx234: 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
justwise:

In this occasion unfortunately you can't sponsor your sister, she need to be to sponsor herself.

She is not earning enough to have a strong tie to Nigeria.

Wow ok thanks, they should stop pretending one can sponsor family member then. Anyway thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onyx234:

Wow ok thanks, they should stop pretending one can sponsor family member then. Anyway thanks for your help.

Yes you can sponsor a family member but not somebody of a working age. You can sponsor your aged parents, somebody below the age of 16 or there about etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
damidamsel:

Hi All, please i need your advise. So my hubby and I (baby has us passport so didnt need it) applied for UK visa with hubby as the sponsor on 21st Nov 2016 and got our passport back with a refusal after 12working days. The ONLY reason the Eco stated on each of our applications was that we did not show proof of income and our deposits were not regular which i believe he came to this conclusion because he didn't go through the docs well. This is our case:

My hubby earns abt 300k after tax monthly - this was evidenced by payslip, bank statement, promotion letter and introduction letter
He earns commission from client deals - the inflows shows in the bank statement and is not a one time lump sum, it has always been that way. His promotion and introduction letter also states he is on salary plus commission (however we did not highlight any of these on the bank statement)
He owns a 1acre farm and included the DOA for the land but no income was evidenced in the bank statement as no income came in during that 6month bank statement period)
The ECOs claim of income not being regular baffles me because his salary shows in there but everyone knows commission can never be regular

I am self employed (run a career development organization) which just began trainings in October. I attached my cac reg, tax receipt, my e-tcc card, company bank statement and personal bank statement. I also run a uber business
My company income was evidenced in the bank statement but unlike salary, cannot be regular as it depends on the number of trainings done. I even reduced the income by claiming income once every two months whereas i did a training in Oct and another in Nov
For the uber, i included the car docs, drivers agreement, uber invoices printed off the uber platform and the incomes show in the bank statement as uber remits and the driver remits with his name. With the uber also, though there is a standard pay expected, it cannot be seen as one sum because it is always a split between uber and the driver
(With these too, we did not highlight the incomes on the bank statement for easy detection)

We planned to travel on the 21st of Dec for a one week visit and budgeted £3k whereas we had abt 3m besides the funds in my biz acct and my savings. We initially wanted to reapply immediately (and highlight the bank statements and include another cover letter detailing the income) but could get no date with enough time before our travel date and priority service would have cost us abt 370k. We did not choose priority service because we did not want to look desperate paying 340k for a visa just for 7days visit.
Now we intend to reapply by end of January, if not for anything but to clear the doubt on ground, but probably also to visit during Easter or stopover on our trip to the US.
My question is: What could we have done differently to prove these incomes? What can we add to the next application to make it succesful

Will reply this later...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Reply my own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:04am On Dec 21, 2016
bogolobango:
@justwise how long does it take to get CAC and if any knows how to go about kindly let me I need to register my business asap

Absolutely no idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2016
damidamsel:

Please can you list those documents you submitted?

I think if you had explained in details as you did here the outcome could have been different
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damidamsel: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
justwise:

Please can you list those documents you submitted?

I think if you had explained in details as you did here the outcome could have been different

For my husband as the sponsor, we submitted:
- 6months payslip
- 6months bank statement
- Promotion letter
- Company Introduction letter
- Land DOA
- Family pictures
- Employee ID
- Tenancy agreement
- Daughter's school receipt
- Original daughter's US birth certificate
- Copy of daughter's US passport
- Flight itinerary (not booked)
- Itinerary of intending places to visit with dates
- Cover letter

For mine:
- Company bank statement
- Company CAC registration
- E-tcc card
- Tax receipt
- My personal bank statement showing savings
- Previous workplace 6months payslip
- Uber driver agreement
- Uber invoices
- Car documents
- Family pictures
- Copy of Husband's 6months payslip
- Copy of Husband's 6months bank statement
- Copy of Husband's promotion letter
- Copy of Husband's introduction letter
- Copy of daughter's birth certificate and passport
- Cover letter
- Husband's signed consent letter as sponsor

We did explain the commission being paid, the farmland, my trainings and uber business in the additional information space provided. Maybe we should have explained in more details in the cover letter i suppose. Can we reapply in January with the same documents and add updated documents while addressing the reason for previous refusal in details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
damidamsel:

For my husband as the sponsor, we submitted:
- 6months payslip
- 6months bank statement
- Promotion letter
- Land DOA
- Family pictures
- Employee ID
- Tenancy agreement
- Daughter's school receipt
- Original daughter's US birth certificate
- Copy of daughter's US passport
- Flight itinerary (not booked)
- Itinerary of intending places to visit with dates
- Cover letter

For mine:
- Company bank statement
- Company CAC registration
- E-tcc card
- Tax receipt
- My personal bank statement showing savings
- Previous workplace 6months payslip
- Uber driver agreement
- Uber invoices
- Car documents
- Family pictures
- Copy of Husband's 6months payslip
- Copy of Husband's 6months bank statement
- Copy of Husband's promotion letter
- Copy of Husband's introduction letter
- Copy of daughter's birth certificate and passport
- Cover letter
- Husband's signed consent letter as sponsor

We did explain the commission being paid, the farmland, my trainings and uber business in the additional information space provided. Maybe we should have explained in more details in the cover letter i suppose. Can we reapply in January with the same documents and add updated documents while addressing the reason for previous refusal in details

Yes definitely you can do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
hi justwise,

I got my package today and was refuse 6months visiting visa. The ECO didn't have any other reason than to say I have some unexplained deposit in my savings account and that it wasn't added to my monthly income, as such he wasn't sure if the money belong to me and wasn't sure I will come back.

I didn't add the monthly deposit in that account to my monthly income because what goes in there isn't fixed and because it's not my salary account (current account), I only added that account statement because I planned to use some of the money in that account for my trip. am on a salary of N100,070 after tax. But sometimes during weekends, am involved in hall decorations and baking. that's what the savings account is for.

I had N800k in my account when I applied and filled that am using 700k for my trip and shopping, am staying with my cousin who is inviting me and he is also taking care of feeding.

my question is what should I add as I plan to apply late January as against Easter. can I provide receipt issued for the moneys paid into that account, can I write a covering letter explaining what the account is for, also can I add my children birth Certificates as one of my strong ties to return, Pls what should I do.

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by donkarly(m): 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
ifyalways:

Naira cards don't work anymore. Get a usd card.
Please which of the banks usd card is best for it n all online transactions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by donkarly(m): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
Jugdement:
@ damidamsel
Call or visit your bank to request for a USD card. You can then source and load the desired amount in USD on the card.
Please which of the banks usd card is most acceptable for visa payment n also best for all online transactions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 5:56am On Dec 22, 2016
[quote author=Onyx234 post=52107694]Guys can anyone please explain this to me as I find it unreasonable.
My sister applied for a visit visa but was rejected for this reason which I find strange. Does it mean I can't sponsor her because she is a teacher and earn less money 40k naira? Even though I stated that I was paying the whole travel expenses and have already given her the money which has been in her account since October and I declared it as it was a transfer from my Nigerian account. [/quo

Your trick doesn't work for UK visa application no more, The present economic situation caused it all, how on earth would anyone want to sponsor somebody just for tourist sake, why didn't you include ur own statement of account to show that you have 20times the amount you paid in her account? Kole Werk bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.