Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,387 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521384 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olathunde(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Advisory:

Renewal or your first time?

A renewal for me. There is however need for other people to share their experience before a conclusion is reached.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olathunde(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
TatPat:

Hi, please I want to PM you and ask some questions concerning your application, please do accept, thanks.

Sent a message.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
I did biometric on the 6th of June till now no response is 6weeks and two days now... What should I do? I have been tracking ukvi and tls web site every seconds still no update yet....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jahrule: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please I people suggestions on various ways someone can relocate to UK. I have a UK degree and professional certificate, I need advice on various route available for me to take.

I am a newbie on traveling matters, please don`t be angry if my question sound very funny to some someone. I need every available information possible..

My degree and Professional is done here in Nigeria.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
It's very annoying
xto4:
I did biometric on the 6th of June till now no response is 6weeks and two days now... What should I do? I have been tracking ukvi and tls web site every seconds still no update yet....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
I don't understand why there is so much of a delay. Common sense suggests during peak times in the year the home office should employ more people to handle the workload. If this process was solely done in Nigeria, people will say we are disorganised, blah blah blah.
Now people have missed graduations, burials and weddings due to this rubbish. On the behalf of my cousin I have spent so much calling their useless phone number which they tell you the same thing you can see on the tracking website, everyday they are "escalating" the issue yet 6 weeks and counting no response. (She might as well have paid for priority with all these costs!! angry ). But honestly, at least they should be able to give us a conclusive deadline as to when we will hear a response rather than the generic "it's going to take longer than 15 days" email, so human beings can plan accordingly. This is soooo selfish and inconsiderate, there are people waiting decisions from May!!! Habaaa naaa, It's not by force, if they don't want to issue visa again just jejely return the passport.

Sorry guys for the rant but I'm so frustrated, just needed to vent.

Good day

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
I will say be patient and expect positive result.
I called them last night for June 15th application and I was told no decision taken. So let's be calm.
xto4:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
Advisory:

Renewal or your first time?
Oga ejoor check your mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amibekee: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thank you all for the advice and info I got here. I did biometrics on 23rd June, UKVI received application on 25th June, decision was taken on 12th July and my passport arrived my location via courier on 17th July. Enroute UK now. Glory be to God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amibekee: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
I did mine in Abj on 23rd, my visa arrived on Monday via courier.
Advisory:

2 people I know did on the 20th of June in Abuja (6 months general visitor) no response yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please is there any correlation between calling UKVI to check up on an overdue application and receiving a decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tarry(m): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
TatPat:

Good morning, was your application a renewal or a first time application? Because it seems people who are renewing get theirs within the 15days time frame.

its renewal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Tarry:

its renewal

I thought as much, only renewals have been receiving theirs within the 15days time frame.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
TatPat:

I thought as much, only renewals have been receiving theirs within the 15days time frame.

It's not true! Mine is renewal since 6th of June
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
yispa:

It's not true! Mine is renewal since 6th of June

shocked shocked shocked Are you serious? and here I was thinking otherwise. Thanks for letting me know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2017
Na wa oo. Is that all they could say on the call after paying so much to call? embarassed
Yommieyomi:
Called UKVI few minutes ago; was told no decision taken on my children application. I was only given a reference number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Same with my mum and sister coming to visit me. I blame Theresa May for all these nonsense.
xto4:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Did you do any priority service?
Amibekee:
Thank you all for the advice and info I got here. I did biometrics on 23rd June, UKVI received application on 25th June, decision was taken on 12th July and my passport arrived my location via courier on 17th July. Enroute UK now. Glory be to God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:34am On Jul 21, 2017
Babe, I feel your anger. I am here in UK cursing the life out of all of them. There's no difference btw here and Naija. The people here expect you to pay for thier incompetency. That's why any channel to reach them you pay massively.
They should also work overtime too and include saturdays too. They will be holding people's passport hostage. angry angry
SasaOgs:
I don't understand why there is so much of a delay. Common sense suggests during peak times in the year the home office should employ more people to handle the workload. If this process was solely done in Nigeria, people will say we are disorganised, blah blah blah.
Now people have missed graduations, burials and weddings due to this rubbish. On the behalf of my cousin I have spent so much calling their useless phone number which they tell you the same thing you can see on the tracking website, everyday they are "escalating" the issue yet 6 weeks and counting no response. (She might as well have paid for priority with all these costs!! angry ). But honestly, at least they should be able to give us a conclusive deadline as to when we will hear a response rather than the generic "it's going to take longer than 15 days" email, so human beings can plan accordingly. This is soooo selfish and inconsiderate, there are people waiting decisions from May!!! Habaaa naaa, It's not by force, if they don't want to issue visa again just jejely return the passport.

Sorry guys for the rant but I'm so frustrated, just needed to vent.

Good day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2017
chilez:
Babe, I feel your anger. I am here in UK cursing the life out of all of them. There's no difference btw here and Naija. The people here expect you to pay for thier incompetency. That's why any channel to reach them you pay massively.
They should also work overtime too and include saturdays too. They will be holding people's passport hostage. angry angry
Honestly the holding peoples passport hostage is the most annoying part! With total disregard of the persons commitment schedule.
A friend applied on the 22nd of June to attend his brothers graduation on the 24th of July. Till today no show. It's just not cool.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NosoChic: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2017
olathunde:

Update
After posting this iwent there t pick it up.

I would advice that once you apply also register on TLScontact to monitor. I applied 27th june, so that makes it roughly 15 days to collect.

Hi olathunde,please re-confirm that you were able to pick up your passport after the TLS tracker stated passback from consulate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amibekee: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2017
No, it is normal standard
chilez:
Did you do any priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dear All,

Please, I need your advice to tick either yes or no as I am filling the application online. I want to visit my family friend in the UK.

Is the main purpose of your trip to visit/stay with a close family relative who is settled in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Dear All,

Please, I need your advice to tick either yes or no as I am filling the application online. I want to visit my family friend in the UK.

Is the main purpose of your trip to visit/stay with a close family relative who is settled in the UK?

The answer can never be NO since this is visiting visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amanonymous(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please guys I need your help. I have read through some previous post and believe me u guys av been a help I need your advice on this. I presently earn 150k monthly and I alos work partime for a firm that pays me 30k monthly making it 180k monthly. Am 30 years old, my brother is a full british citizen as he was born by birth in the uk. My travel experience, have been to southafrica once this year and I would be going again next month and would be back by September /oct and I would love to apply for oct/november. This re the questions I would love you to help me with : #1 can I give less than 6month statement of account like 4 months 2# can my brother aslo be a sponsor for my trip to help me as funds is not enough from me 3# what re the document needed from my broda for this application.#4 what re the documents required by me. Thanks anticipating for your reply. N:B if u see some red flag in what av said pls kindly notify thanks. Anticipating for ur reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
justwise:

The answer can never be NO since this is visiting visa application.

Just saying, the catch is settled in the UK. If your family does not have a British passport or an ILR then the answer is NO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Dear All,

Are they British Citizens, or do they have ILR. iF not your answer is NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
showstopa:

Just saying, the catch is settled in the UK. If your family does not have a British passport or an ILR then the answer is NO.

If he answers NO what then is he going to do in the UK?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
amanonymous:
Please guys I need your help. I have read through some previous post and believe me u guys av been a help I need your advice on this. I presently earn 150k monthly and I alos work partime for a firm that pays me 30k monthly making it 180k monthly. Am 30 years old, my brother is a full british citizen as he was born by birth in the uk. My travel experience, have been to southafrica once this year and I would be going again next month and would be back by September /oct and I would love to apply for oct/november. This re the questions I would love you to help me with : #1 can I give less than 6month statement of account like 4 months 2# can my brother aslo be a sponsor for my trip to help me as funds is not enough from me 3# what re the document needed from my broda for this application.#4 what re the documents required by me. Thanks anticipating for your reply. N:B if u see some red flag in what av said pls kindly notify thanks. Anticipating for ur reply

1. If you have being working for more than 6months then its questionable why you want to present less than 6months bank statement.

2. Yes your brother can sponsor you but you still have to proof that you can sponsor yourself without your brother's money because that gives you a stronger tie to Nigeria.

3&4 read this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
justwise:

1. If you have being working for more than 6months then its questionable why you want to present less than 6months bank statement.

2. Yes your brother can sponsor you but you still have to proof that you can sponsor yourself without your brother's money because that gives you a stronger tie to Nigeria.

3&4 read this thread.

UKVI has not requested for 6 months statement, so why six month?

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.