Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523644 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
ddonsly:
Great! Yours was standard right?
yes standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
McGibson:
@ Ekpotek, justwise, tatpat

biometric on July 4th at ikeja
received messages accordingly
just checked with my GWF..... now
decided on 14th August.

thanks guys. and please what next now?

Finally yours has been decided, congrats! Just wait for the TLS email telling you it's ready for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
TatPat:

Finally yours has been decided, congrats! Just wait for the TLS email telling you it's ready for pick up.

thanks man. what about yours? any news yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
McGibson:

thanks man. what about yours? any news yet?

Nothing at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Congrats, are you also a first timer?
McGibson:

decided on 14th August.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
She obviously got the employment through the back door (who know man), that's why it was backdated, it's better to keep the backdated letter away from her application because no explanation will make sense to the Eco and nobody will be willing to give her any official letter explaining why it was backdated.

Tarry:

One thing you must understand is she is not forging the documents, that is the actual situation, and so she should just explain how it is, furthermore, your application must always be consistent with your previous application, last application she was jobless now she has a job and no letter of employment, it is a red flag and can cause doubt in her application.

The fact that she is truthful about her situation will actually be a plus. she is not stating that she started work earlier but that her employment letter was back dated. she should just explain why it was so. It will help her application to come out straight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Infiosa:

My application was submitted the same day at Ikeja and I haven't heard from them also, however, my first application was faster. Anyway, I will update the forum accordingly once I get a decision mail from them.

My application has been decided though still await decision mail from TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by expertman(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
Infiosa:

Congrats bro please how did you know it has been decided?

Did you got any SMS to that effect?

How and where can one track with GW number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
How many days will it take to wait again for TLS. Are you a 1st timer ?
Infiosa:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
UKVI: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
expertman:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by expertman(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
You welcome, then it is still awaiting a decision, be calm and prayerful.
expertman:

Thank you bro it says GWF number not recognized
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by expertman(m): 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
iWasNotHere:
You welcome, then it is still awaiting a decision, be calm and prayerful.

Okay thanks bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
Same timeline as yours. Wife and Son applied. Son's decided and Wife still pending though she was denied the last time she applied in 2015.
Hope her's would be decided soon as well, though our travel date has passed.
McGibson:

decided on 14th August.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=mokikeoj post=59532804]Congrats, are you also a first timer?[/quote

yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
mokikeoj:
Congrats, are you also a first timer?

yes. a first timer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hello all,

Please, I am new on this forum. I applied for a 6months visitng visa to the UK and submitted since AuG 27th. This is my first application. I applied with my mum and sister who are frequent UK travellers. Altho their application was renewal, while mine is a first time. I am a trader with my business certificates, also married with kids and have landed properties. I make a profit of about 300-400k in my business monthly and it is reflected in myaccount. My account balance was over 4M. what is battling me is that yesteday, I received a mail from the ukvisa centre that my application is not straitforward, so they can not make a decision now....under consideration...... or something like that. I called my younger sister if she got the same mail, but said no she did not and neither my mum. We applied and submitted togethter o.
today, my account manager called me that they received a call from UK embassy asking about my date of birth. My 2nd concern is my mum's bank was not called, and my younger sister is always sponsored by my mum even tho she is working but she used to submit account balance of even less than 30k, and visa will be issued to her.
Please who can tell me, why their is difference in my application, why did they send me that email, and not send my sister, and why did they call my bank and not call my mum's bank. why are they asking my bank for my date of birth, and what does that email about my application not been straightforward implies? Does it mean my application will be refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by huey99(m): 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ekpotek and justwise I say a big thank you for all your help. I got my passport back last week and I was granted a visa by UKVI. Although it couldn't meet up with the conference I planned to attend. Can I use the visa for a vacation later?
Thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
huey99:
Ekpotek and justwise I say a big thank you for all your help. I got my passport back last week and I was granted a visa by UKVI. Although it couldn't meet up with the conference I planned to attend. Can I use the visa for a vacation later?
Thanks once again.

Congratulations!! Sure you can use the visa for vacation before it expire. Make sure you armed yourself with all the necessary documents just in case you're asked at point of entry why you did not attend the conference.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
kayzuz:
Hello all,

Please, I am new on this forum. I applied for a 6months visitng visa to the UK and submitted since AuG 27th. This is my first application. I applied with my mum and sister who are frequent UK travellers. Altho their application was renewal, while mine is a first time. I am a trader with my business certificates, also married with kids and have landed properties. I make a profit of about 300-400k in my business monthly and it is reflected in myaccount. My account balance was over 4M. what is battling me is that yesteday, I received a mail from the ukvisa centre that my application is not straitforward, so they can not make a decision now....under consideration...... or something like that. I called my younger sister if she got the same mail, but said no she did not and neither my mum. We applied and submitted togethter o.
today, my account manager called me that they received a call from UK embassy asking about my date of birth. My 2nd concern is my mum's bank was not called, and my younger sister is always sponsored by my mum even tho she is working but she used to submit account balance of even less than 30k, and visa will be issued to her.
Please who can tell me, why their is difference in my application, why did they send me that email, and not send my sister, and why did they call my bank and not call my mum's bank. why are they asking my bank for my date of birth, and what does that email about my application not been straightforward implies? Does it mean my application will be refused?

They have called your banker to verify your age which you must have provided your bank as per BVN registration. The reason is that you are the one financing your trip and not your mother. The onus is on you to prove that you will return after your visit. Your mother and sister have already prove that. Regardless of if you had applied with together, each application is consider on its own merit. The email you received is to inform you that your application will not be decided within standard time of 15 working days. So be ready to wait for a sometime before you hear from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soxhixco: 6:23am On Aug 17, 2017
Please I need you to help me out concerning what I need to do concerning UK visiting. I already applied twice but was refused but then I was having a different name on my passport that was not corresponding with my school documents but no I'm able to do a change of name and recently I applied for northern Ireland visa which I was refused because I filled this to be the first passport all due to the name on the passport to be different from the other passport but was refused and banned 5 years, but now I'm planning to apply for UK visa, do you think I have a chance or I will need to write a letter through a counsel explaining my ordeals and the change of name. Please I really need your help on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2017
soxhixco:
Please I need you to help me out concerning what I need to do concerning UK visiting. I already applied twice but was refused but then I was having a different name on my passport that was not corresponding with my school documents but no I'm able to do a change of name and recently I applied for northern Ireland visa which I was refused because I filled this to be the first passport all due to the name on the passport to be different from the other passport but was refused and banned 5 years, but now I'm planning to apply for UK visa, do you think I have a chance or I will need to write a letter through a counsel explaining my ordeals and the change of name. Please I really need your help on this. Thanks

1.Why do you have different names in your documents?

2. Have you used any other passport in different name to apply for UK visa before your last application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2017
huey99:
Thanks once again.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:09am On Aug 17, 2017
kayzuz:
Hello all,

What they did was just a quick check on you,they have noticed that people go around to source for statement of account that Carrie's name related to them,in other to burst that trick they will only ask for your DOB and if it does not merge with the one on your passport you are fried....but if you have submitted a genuine documents,you should go to sleep as you have nothing to fear
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soxhixco: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2017
The different names in my document was because I did a change of name from the family surname back to my dad name while I was in school but I was unable to make that effect on my school records then. So when I submitted my application then, it was my dad name that was there as the surname which didn't tally with my school record which was the family surname. That was the first time I applied then, that was exactly what prompt me to do a change of name on my passport which was successful after I submitted all the required documents to back up my claims and have not applied for UK ever since then not until I applied for Ireland visa recently and it was the agent that said I should fill the space that indicates if this was my first passport and that bounced back. But I want to apply for UK again but need your help on this. Thanks

justwise:

1.Why do you have different names in your documents?

2. Have you used any other passport in different name to apply for UK visa before your last application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2017
expertman:

Check below url with your GWFxxxxx ref number.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2017
iWasNotHere:
How many days will it take to wait again for TLS. Are you a 1st timer ?
No, I'm not a first timer. UKVI advises that the decision has been made and it should be posted to me within 10 working days. I will advise the forum accordingly once I receive the decision mail from TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danielloso19: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2017
ekpotek:

wait until you get the come and collect your passport email.

goodday please i applied for my student visa since the 14/07/2017 and it is well passed 15 working days now and i have not received the any decision email , my school will soon resume , please just want to ask if you applied on with or without priority and was it at the ikeja VAC center?

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2017
soxhixco:
The different names in my document was because I did a change of name from the family surname back to my dad name while I was in school but I was unable to make that effect on my school records then. So when I submitted my application then, it was my dad name that was there as the surname which didn't tally with my school record which was the family surname. That was the first time I applied then, that was exactly what prompt me to do a change of name on my passport which was successful after I submitted all the required documents to back up my claims and have not applied for UK ever since then not until I applied for Ireland visa recently and it was the agent that said I should fill the space that indicates if this was my first passport and that bounced back. But I want to apply for UK again but need your help on this. Thanks

If you were guided by an agent all through then they must be daft. How can they advise you to say you never had a passport other than your current? As in how UKVI are too smart to catch people out on this.

You must have a birth certificate, can you provide this? It must bear your real surname. Surnames are not what you change AT ALL unless you are a lady and have now married, or you were married and divorced or separated and want to revert back to your maiden name. I know in the UK you could ordinarily change your name but this goes through rigorous processes as they would send out your new name to all services bearing your old name including the tax office. In Nigeria once they suspect such, it is automatically seen as fraudulent unless you have substantial evidence.

The first anomaly was changing your surname to your dad's first name. That would have been different from your name on your birth certificate.

You did not correct the ECO's doubts from your first application and you went ahead to change your name on a new passport in your second application. Your school records would have remained unchanged name-wise. To be honest, to correct this IT WILL BE HARD and that's the gospel truth. However it is not impossible to do. That second passport was the killer.

Did you swear affidavit in a court in your journey of changing names? Do you have your original birth certificate (the one issued after you were born)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Update....
Wiffy was at the VAC to collect her passport today. She applied with our baby...both had biometrics done in ikeja, 22 June,2017. Application was decided Aug 9th when I tracked it on ukvi website. Tls sent a mail yesterday that wiffy's passport was ready for collection without any news on our baby's passport. She was at vac today...6 month was granted to her while they said the baby's passport is not yet ready.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soxhixco: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yeah I have the original birth certificate and I have the affidavit that I used in changing of the name then, I did another one at immigration when I wanted to change the name back to the family surname which was submitted at the headquarters in abuja then. All my school records have the family surname in it.

Brightingsus:

If you were guided by an agent all through then they must be daft. How can they advise you to say you never had a passport other than your current? As in how UKVI are too smart to catch people out on this.

You must have a birth certificate, can you provide this? It must bear your real surname. Surnames are not what you change AT ALL unless you are a lady and have now married, or you were married and divorced or separated and want to revert back to your maiden name. I know in the UK you could ordinarily change your name but this goes through rigorous processes as they would send out your new name to all services bearing your old name including the tax office. In Nigeria once they suspect such, it is automatically seen as fraudulent unless you have substantial evidence.

The first anomaly was changing your surname to your dad's first name. That would have been different from your name on your birth certificate.

You did not correct the ECO's doubts from your first application and you went ahead to change your name on a new passport in your second application. Your school records would have remained unchanged name-wise. To be honest, to correct this IT WILL BE HARD and that's the gospel truth. However it is not impossible to do. That second passport was the killer.

Did you swear affidavit in a court in your journey of changing names? Do you have your original birth certificate (the one issued after you were born)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
McGibson:

decided on 14th August.

@McGibson Great... My folks applied same day, same Centre. Were you a first time applicant? Did you get a letter of invitation or was it an hotel booking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.