Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524037 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Alright, thanks for the advice. I will look into that. Finally when do you suggest i can make that application? And how long does it take for the decision to be made on the visa?
Thanks again.

Sorry, your future application for any visit visa will be denied. You can go ahead and reapply explaining the situation regarding your overstay as you have done here, and see whether the ECO will have compassion on you, which I doubt. I have already provided to you on an alternative route to the UK, certainly not with a visitor visa anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Your current financial status is more of the reason you will not be granted a visit visa again.

@ Ekpotek, you are recommending marriage as if a wouldn't propose to a woman before marriage can happen. Lol.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Brightingsus:

@ Ekpotek, you are recommending marriage as if a wouldn't propose to a woman before marriage can happen. Lol.

A lady confessed spending spent 10 months with her boyfriend including the boyfriend's mother. What else is needed if this a not a live in partner! Just consummate the relationship tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Davr post=60484702][/quote]

You are free to reapply anytime as long as you have the money to pay for the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

You are free to reapply anytime as long as you have the money to pay for the application.

@Davr,

You can apply anytime you have the cash for the application. But you must address some things. You have to explain to the ECO the details of the burial which you talked about, not only in words but in evidence. I suppose the funeral was in the UK. You would have to provide details like the death certificate and list out your role during the funeral. Do not focus on providing a generic overview of the activities at the funeral. You must list your day to day activities as an individual and why your presence was needed in the UK all that time. People sometimes overstay when it's practically inevitable, e.g. on medical grounds when it's not medically advisable to travel. All you need is provide compelling reason and evidence. You have to provide details of how you were fed and taken care of all through the overstaying period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Brightingsus:

Thanks for this suggestion and I appreciate it - it makes my worrying less. As for evidence of the burial I can provide proof as well as feeding, day to day activities which were spent either at my boyfriends house or his mums. And yes the burial was in The uk.

@Davr,

You can apply anytime you have the cash for the application. But you must address some things. You have to explain to the ECO the details of the burial which you talked about, not only in words but in evidence. I suppose the funeral was in the UK. You would have to provide details like the death certificate and list out your role during the funeral. Do not focus on providing a generic overview of the activities at the funeral. You must list your day to day activities as an individual and why your presence was needed in the UK all that time. People sometimes overstay when it's practically inevitable, e.g. on medical grounds when it's not medically advisable to travel. All you need is provide compelling reason and evidence. You have to provide details of how you were fed and taken care of all through the overstaying period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
Brightingsus:

@Davr,

That's definitely the right approach, but even with all of this it's highly unlikely she'll be issued a visa. Visits can be extended for compassionate purposes, but this needed to be applied for while she was in still in the UK. As this wasn't done, UKVI are going to treat her as an overstayer.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606315/FLR-_HRO_-guidance-notes-04-17.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Davr post=60486806][/quote]

Ok, my condolences. But bear in mind, to apply again for a visit visa you must have a compelling reason, not just cos you want to visit someone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
pls can help review my cover letter biko.isn't something I can upload here.@ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
geek:

That's definitely the right approach, but even with all of this it's highly unlikely she'll be issued a visa. Visits can be extended for compassionate purposes, but this needed to be applied for while she was in still in the UK. As this wasn't done, UKVI are going to treat her as an overstayer.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606315/FLR-_HRO_-guidance-notes-04-17.pdf

I agree with you. The OP should forget about a visitor visa as no reasons can convince the ECO. The rules are very clear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skybird1: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi everyone.....
Like I posted previously,
Business Visa application since 20th of June.
I was supposed to attend a course in August.
The Visa is still not out.
Another training date has been set for November.
Would withdrawing and reapplying make any difference?

Thanks a lot guys.... U are the Best...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
skybird1:
Hi everyone.....
Like I posted previously,
Business Visa application since 20th of June.
I was supposed to attend a course in August.
The Visa is still not out.
Another training date has been set for November.
Would withdrawing and reapplying make any difference?

Thanks a lot guys.... U are the Best...

I would advise against withdrawing and reapplying...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teeabello: 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=60466406]

Did you get any email that your application is being prepared for consideration by an ECO?[/quote

Teeabello: Yes. I received it. please any problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jay123000: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello @justwise,pls I need to know how UK visa can be renew now pls,my father in law to was issued visa in 2013 and he stayed for 2wks,now he want to go to d UK on vacation as he has just retired as School principal this year,will he have to go for renewal or apply afresh again? pls keep me abreast..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=ekpotek post=60484210]

1. Okay, with her Indefinite leave visa, study or not studying, she will need to earn £18,600 or more to sponsor you. Please visit the Nairaland UK spouse thread for other requirements

2. Your financial status is irrelevant. All you need is a TB test certificate, Degree certificate, marriage certificate, payment for the NHS surcharge and other documents to establish the relationship.

3. No irrelevant[
How much is the visa fee for my category
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2017
jay123000:

Hello @justwise,pls I need to know how UK visa can be renew now pls,my father in law to was issued visa in 2013 and he stayed for 2wks,now he want to go to d UK on vacation as he has just retired as School principal this year,will he have to go for renewal or apply afresh again? pls keep me abreast..

Apply for a fresh one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=IrueBriggs86 post=60502791][/quote]
How much is the visa fee for my category
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anwuli25: 11:36am On Sep 16, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I need to ask questions. I was refused visit visa on June 16th and reason was that I was not able to explain sources of funfs that entered my account. I reapplied and addressed that issue and was able to submit on June 22nd. Biometrics was done on July 3rd. Got a mail August 8th stating that they are not able to meet up with the 15days deadline. Got another mail that states that my application isn't straight forward. I sent a mail to their complaints email and kinda summarised my application and also expressed my displeasure in the nicest way I could. Then I got a mail from TLS 2 days after saying that decision has been made.

My questions are;
Is it strange not to get a mail from Sheffield that a decision has been made before TLS sent theirs??

Also I can see on the TLS website that my passport is ready for collection but I haven't gotten an email so can I just go to the centre to collect it??

Lastly is it possible my mail made them respond quickly??

Will appreciate swift responses as my heart is abt to fall out of my chest ( scared of the decision made)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jay123000: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2017
justwise:

Apply for a fresh one

OK boss ,thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
Just to share with you some good news. Applied for Tier 2 and Tier 2 Partner with Wifey. Got the vignettes�

No family photos, no whatsapp whatever, no email or phone conversation, no letter from work or grandad, no cover letter, no payslips, no rental agreements.

Advice; just submit what you've been asked to. Nothing more nothing less.

I submitted Application form, CoS with maintenance , TB certificate, Police report, IELTS results, Marriage certificate, International passport.

Wife submitted (for dependent visa) same with recent bank statement and ID card - drivers license (showing her address).
She didn't include IELTS or CoS.

Hope that helps someone

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
shrinkhal:
Just to share with you some good news. Applied for Tier 2 and Tier 2 Partner with Wifey. Got the vignettes�

No family photos, no whatsapp whatever, no email or phone conversation, no letter from work or grandad, no cover letter, no payslips, no rental agreements.

I submitted Application form, CoS with maintenance , TB certificate, Police report, IELTS results, Marriage certificate, International passport.

Wife submitted (for dependent visa) same with recent bank statement and ID card - drivers license (showing her address).

Hope that helps someone

Thanks

Inasmuch as this is good news, what works for you may not work for another. Let us not encourage complacency. Having more than enough (which is genuine and can be defended) is always better than not having enough. Without interviews ECOs judge based on information supplied by applicants. People have been turned down for not adequately clarifying things and I am yet to see anyone who's marked down for having more than enough. When someone can be painstaking to obtain a document, it's always good to push to get such rather than being complacent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
shrinkhal:

Hope that helps someone

Thanks

Dude yours is a work visa Haba! This thread is for visit visa and the documentations are quite different.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
ekpotek:

Dude yours is a work visa Haba! This thread is for visit visa and the documentations are quite different.

Oh okay. Is there another forum for work visas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
shrinkhal:

Oh okay. Is there another forum for work visas?

Not yet. Maybe you can start one and share your experience. There seem to be an increase in UK work related visa questions and issues here. @Justwise what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alpha77: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com
Please submit your visa complaints here to be live in this UK newspaper. We need as many as possible for them to be exposed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Alpha77:
https://www.theguardian.com
Please submit your visa complaints here to be live in this UK newspaper. We need as many as possible for them to be exposed.
..have u made a post as regards the UK visa..on the site?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alpha77: 5:25am On Sep 17, 2017
Yes as far as the paper is concerned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 17, 2017
shrinkhal:

Hope that helps someone

Thanks
Hey bro, was it priority? How long did it take from biometric to collection mail? I am begining to get apprehensive about mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2017
EggPlant:
Hey bro, was it priority? How long did it take from biometric to collection mail? I am begining to get apprehensive about mine.

16th August to 12th Sept. Such a long process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2017
ekpotek:

Not yet. Maybe you can start one and share your experience. There seem to be an increase in UK work related visa questions and issues here. @Justwise what do you think?

I think there is one but i can't dig it out now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

I think there is one but i can't dig it out now

Okay just in case you find it. Please post the link here. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.