Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524148 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 6:59am On Oct 23, 2017
Solatium:

How do you intend to explain your absence from your home country for 18 months as a business owner?

who had been running the business in your absence?

what have you been doing in those places for those periods and what type of visas were you on during those stay?

These are the Questions you WILL HAVE TO ANSWER except you are not planning to use/attach that passport that carries those travel history/immigration stamps

@ Solatium and co,
Thanks for taking your time to read and reply my post.
I registered my firm April 2016 and i have been in Nigeria since i registered the firm till April 2017 and i traveled to Kenya same April 2017, more so i will be going back to Nigeria this December,
I plan to apply for UK visa March next year; I traveled to Kenya on a visit visa.
I don't really know what to write on the form about the person running my business in my Absence,
I'm really confuse right now and please i need all the help to make my visa application make some sense to the ECO,
And please I registered this firm just to have home ties and nothing more, but I’m going to pay for company and personal tax before applying
Please i will be very grateful if you guys can advise me on reasonable answers those Questions raised by @ Solatium
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2017
Solatium:

How do you intend to explain your absence from your home country for 18 months as a business owner?

who had been running the business in your absence?

what have you been doing in those places for those periods and what type of visas were you on during those stay?

These are the Questions you WILL HAVE TO ANSWER except you are not planning to use/attach that passport that carries those travel history/immigration stamps

@ Solatium and co,
I registered my firm April 2016 and i have been in Nigeria since i registered the firm till April 2017 and i traveled to Kenya same April 2017, more so i will be going back to Nigeria this December,
I plan to apply for UK visa March next year; I traveled to Kenya on a visit visa.
I don't really know what to write on the form about the person running my business in my Absence,
I'm really confuse right now and please i need all the help to make my visa application make some sense to the ECO,
And please I registered this firm just to have home ties and nothing more, but I’m going to pay for company and personal tax before applying
Please i will be very grateful if you guys can advise me on reasonable answers those Questions raised by @ Solatium
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2017
shanga:

@ Solatium and co,
Thanks

No one can answers you questions. Your motive appears to me that you want to use a visit visa to immigrate to the UK! From you travel histories and the declaration you have made, it will appear that your company is just a front. However, if you have £200000 to invest in the UK, you can easily get an entrepreneurship visa for 5 years and afterward settle in the UK if successful!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
Thank you Brightingsus, my MIL got her visa. We had to held on for a while to get the documents you adviced.
Her timeline

Biometric was done October 3rd
Sponsor in the uk was called October 12th
TLS email for pick up was send October 16th
And she picked her passport today.
The passport stamped on the 13th October.

Was surprised on how fast it was because we didn’t pay for priority.

Bless you bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
shanga:

Thanks

There is no short cut to get you there bro,if anyone promised to get you a tax clearance base on what you have explained here,is a white lie.they will only take your money and come up with a forged paper for you which will earn you a long term ban.

The only solution to your problem is to stick around here in Nigeria,Run your business the way you suppose run it,remitt you VAT retuns on a monthly basis,which will give you a verifiable records at FIRS incase u want to apply for a tax clearance ,you can then do whatever you want.But with your present situation don't even attempt it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Okimski(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
I am planning to travel to the UK by December for a visit with my two children through invitation for a church programme, please I will like to know what I will need as per requirements. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=61673624]
Thank u so much sir. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnwisdom10(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good evening everyone! Please my fiancé in the U.K. (A U.K. Citizen) Will like to invite me to visit the U.K. By December and she will be sponsoring my visit and sending me an invite. She's work full time and live in 3 bedroom apartment. I'm a self employed guy in Nigeria. My question is do I need to show evidence of close tie and statements of account? And what other documents will I need to apply for a visiting visa? thank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
KemBee86:
Thank you Brightingsus, my MIL got her visa. We had to held on for a while to get the documents you adviced.
Her timeline

Biometric was done October 3rd
Sponsor in the uk was called October 12th
TLS email for pick up was send October 16th
And she picked her passport today.
The passport stamped on the 13th October.

Was surprised on how fast it was because we didn’t pay for priority.

Bless you bro

Congrats to you and welcome to mama
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by klifeomg(m): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2017
@Solatium and Brightingsus
Morning guys,
Please I need your advice on what to do next as I applied for my Moms visa since July 19th and just got a reply Oct 23rd and the following conditions were stated
*You state that you are employed primary school teacher with pay of 150K/month
*You state that you do no have any additional paid jobs or occupations
*You have presented a bank statement with a closing balance of N1.96 million
*You have presented a GT Bank statement with closing balance of 650K.However I note that in addition to your salary entering the account there are also a number of transfers.The documents you have showed do not demonstrate the origin of the transfers.
*Therefore I am not satisfied that the funds in your account are genuinely available to you for your exclusive use and do not accurately reflect your financial situation in Nigeria
*Any future UK visas applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application changes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good afternoon Justwise and other Gurus. I received my Administrative Review result today and the following are the contents. Pls advise me on what to do. Thanks

Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 5 of the Points Based System. Your application failed to meet the qualifying criteria and was refused on 15/09/17. Your request for Administrative Review was received by this office on 25/09/17.

I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct. However, I enclose a new Refusal notice with amended reasons for refusal. Your original refusal has been revoked because the reasons cited were incorrect.

Whilst I am satisfied that the master CoS did include some information about your sponsor’s mission statement and how your role would advance it and that the CoS did state that your role was not permanent but linked to temporary grants, however, I am not satisfied that the role ascribed to you is “field work” under the meaning in Appendix A part 111(c) of the Rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hello house, I am writing the cover letter (visitor's visa) for my parents. Please what will the heading be? I wrote "Application for a visitor's visa" but I think it might be wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good day all ,thanks a lot for your helpful response.
I printed my account statement last week, waiting for some documentation to commence the visa process.
Pls I'll like to know, is there a duration of time my account statement is valid for and when it becomes invalid.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello house, I am writing the cover letter (visitor's visa) for my parents. Please what will the heading be? I wrote "Application for a visitor's visa" but I think it might be wrong.

The heading does not matter. The heading is not looked at in deciding an application. The heading you have is ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
klifeomg:
Morning guys,
Please I need your advice on what to do next as I applied for my Moms visa since July 19th and just got a reply Oct 23rd and the following conditions were stated
*You have presented a GT Bank statement with closing balance of 650K.However I note that in addition to your salary entering the account there are also a number of transfers.The documents you have showed do not demonstrate the origin of the transfers.
*Therefore I am not satisfied that the funds in your account are genuinely available to you for your exclusive use and do not accurately reflect your financial situation in Nigeria
*Any future UK visas applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application changes.

Your mum failed to explain her application to the best she could. Contrary to the misleading info a contributor said here that an applicant does not need to explain their whole life to the ECO, actually that is what is required as long as it is geared towards explaining an applicant's personal circumstances.

You need to explain every transaction in your bank statement. Your employment payslips explain your salary entries while you have to explain other transactions, in and out, with evidence. The ECO stated that your mum confirmed she didn't have any other jobs, so the other transactions not reflected on her payslips but in her bank statements draw one to question the credibility of the application.

If your mum reapplies ensure she explains all transactions in her bank statement. If she does side business she needs to provide receipts but that would jeopardise her former entry that she has no other jobs. Just look into your mum's circumstances and post further questions here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
klifeomg:
Morning guys,

Your application was perfect until that moment you said there was no other side business, yet monies from unknown source/s was passing through your account,you ought to have explained the reason why the money were there in a cover letter....You can remedy the situation in your next application by telling them where those monies came from but not from extra business as you have said no other one in your initial application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

Your mum failed to explain her application to the best she could. Contrary to the misleading info a contributor said here that an applicant does not need to explain their whole life to the ECO, actually that is what is required as long as it is geared towards explaining an applicant's personal circumstances.

You need to explain every transaction in your bank statement. Your employment payslips explain your salary entries while you have to explain other transactions, in and out, with evidence. The ECO stated that your mum confirmed she didn't have any other jobs, so the other transactions not reflected on her payslips but in her bank statements draw one to question the credibility of the application.

If your mum reapplies ensure she explains all transactions in her bank statement. If she does side business she needs to provide receipts but that would jeopardise her former entry that she has no other jobs. Just look into your mum's circumstances and post further questions here.

You do not need to SUB, I was the one who made that statement and I won't deny it.there is difference between making clarification and telling unnecessary stories about how things went down.I have read so many funny things here like people asking the applicants to tell their life history and things that are unrelated to their application..A visit Visa application DOES not entails telling us your life history,telling it does not guarantee issuance of visa.I always implore applicants to stay within limit of what is reasonable and relevant for their application....In migrants VISA,yes,because those information will be used not only for security vetting but to also established your genuine relationship.QED
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
Solatium:

You do not need to SUB, I was the one who made that statement and I won't deny it.there is difference between making clarification and telling unnecessary stories about how things went down.I have read so many funny things here like people asking the applicants to tell their life history and things that are unrelated to their application..A visit Visa application DOES not entails telling us your life history,telling it does not guarantee issuance of visa.I always implore applicants to stay within limit of what is reasonable and relevant for their application....In migrants VISA,yes,because those information will be used not only for security vetting but to also established your genuine relationship.QED

Bros we are not arguing. I referred to a statement I read in passing, didn't recall it was from u. If u read my submission with tact u wouldn't have gone back to talk any further.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

Bros we are not arguing. I referred to a statement I read in passing, didn't recall it was from u. If u read my submission with tact u wouldn't have gone back to talk any further.

No argument bro,I.just own up to what I said,I am always carefully when dishing out opinion in public place,I don't say what I can't defend because of day's like this...No hard feelings bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
buddiemm:
Good afternoon Justwise and other Gurus. I received my Administrative Review result today and the following are the contents. Pls advise me on what to do. Thanks

Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 5 of the Points Based System. Your application failed to meet the qualifying criteria and was refused on 15/09/17. Your request for Administrative Review was received by this office on 25/09/17.

I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct. However, I enclose a new Refusal notice with amended reasons for refusal. Your original refusal has been revoked because the reasons cited were incorrect.

Whilst I am satisfied that the master CoS did include some information about your sponsor’s mission statement and how your role would advance it and that the CoS did state that your role was not permanent but linked to temporary grants, however, I am not satisfied that the role ascribed to you is “field work” under the meaning in Appendix A part 111(c) of the Rules

I have no idea what type of field work job you got CoS for. The ECO feels that you're not qualified for the visa as your CoS does not correspond to a field work as would be describe in Appendix A part 111(c). Since they have withdrawn the previous refusal letter and issued you with another one, the application process has ended unless you are qualified for another admin review which i doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
ekpotek:

I have no idea what type of field work job you got CoS for. The ECO feels that you're not qualified for the visa as your CoS does not correspond to a field work as would be describe in Appendix A part 111(c). Since they have withdrawn the previous refusal letter and issued you with another one, the application process has ended unless you are qualified for another admin review which i doubt.

I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which is a voluntary field work. I just received a new refusal notice now stating I can apply for Administrative Review. But my sponsor said may be I should apply with a new CoS. What do you think please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which is a voluntary field work. I just received a new refusal notice now stating I can apply for Administrative Review. But my sponsor said may be I should apply with a new CoS. What do you think please? And please what do you think my sponsor can add now to the new coS apart from my appointment letter. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
Thanks a lot Bro, please ow Long is she permitted to stay at a stretch by law with this 6 months visa. I think it’s 3 months but not so sure.
Brightingsus:

Congrats to you and welcome to mama
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pls am submitting my application next week and am currently a nursing student and I also have a printing business am doing am submitting my business account with a balance of little over 500k and my saving with little above 500k where i received money from family and friends and also money tranfer from my business account to my saving as well but I have another saving account where i received money from family but lately my previous company where i worked with before as been transferring money to my account every month for the past 4 months for my unpaid salary of five months pls how do I explain this transfer from the company ?do I ask the company to write a back up letter pls no large deposit just transfer showing the company name and balance of 190k. Pls help me out. Pls house help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
KemBee86:
Thanks a lot Bro, please ow Long is she permitted to stay at a stretch by law with this 6 months visa. I think it’s 3 months but not so sure.

I thought u said two weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pls house my questions need urgent answer, Justwise pls am waiting for your answer pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:08am On Oct 25, 2017
GIFMIS code is no longer required for now
Darla:
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone know the GIFMIS code for the Ministry of foreign affairs? I'm trying to generate a remit code online for the payment for the authentication of docs. I understand it's a 10-digit PIN, I have tried contacting the ministry without much success, can't go in person because I'm in Europe.
Please help!
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phoenix77: 12:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Good eveningeveryone, I'm sorry but I need your help with a little bit of advice and guide pls. I am preparing my application for a uk spousal visa...and I don't know if you can pls help out with certain tips on presenting a strong application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2017
KemBee86:

If she stays more than the stated time in her application for her first visit, it may come back to hunt her. Pls stay within the initial proposed date for her first visit then maybe she can extend her stay for her subsequent visit but not exceeding the duration of her visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwadizzle(m): 2:15am On Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I submitted my application for renewal of visa and did my biometrics on 29th of september at the TLS office at Ikeja and till now anytime I track my application online it says decision hasn't been made. Please is this normal as I am beginning to get worried. My last application was November 2014 and I got the visa issued within a week so I'm wondering why this is taking a bit long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.