Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523855 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by EFX001: 6:17am On May 29, 2018
Good morning Sir, i applied for a 6months visit visa for my mom's vacation. Its been 15 working days, still no decision. What exactly could be going on? Why is it taking so long? How do i contact someone there for information? Please advise me. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2018
That's not exactly the case, thousands of certificates of sponsorship across all skill classes were rejected between December 2017 and April 2018 NOT visas. ( certificate of sponsorship is needed to apply for tier 2 visa)
Phenmeson:

We all know that UK visa is like a gamble. Most people apply but few are granted. UK are short of Doctors & Nurses. Thousands applied for the post,they met the requirements but most of them are denied the Visa despite the fact that the NHS in England has nearly 100,000 jobs unfilled in the Health sector
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:33am On May 29, 2018
I am and my mum also did our biometrics in Abuja on the 7th of may too. Rcvd at Shefield on the 10th of may. We are still waiting as well.

Good work my ogas.

I applied for visiting for me and my wife since 7th of May and I am yet to be contacted to pick up my passport. please what should I do?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:45am On May 29, 2018
They will collect only your present passport. However, you need to make copies of the the data page, pages with visa's and stamps of all the passports you have held in the past including the present one. Travel histories that are not more than 10 years.
You also need to have all documents whether original or photocopy of original in A4 for scanning. It will be best not to stable to avoid the stress of unstabling them again.

Does this apply to previous passport because I want to use my new passport. The checklists says I should come with previous passport.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nellahen: 1:17pm On May 29, 2018
Goodafternoon all, please i would like to inquire if the UK has any visa that allows you to start up a business, and if theres anyone who has achieved this. Thank you and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:58pm On May 29, 2018
Nellahen:
Goodafternoon all, please i would like to inquire if the UK has any visa that allows you to start up a business, and if theres anyone who has achieved this. Thank you and God bless

It is call entrepreneurship visa. If approved your are given 5 years residence, which you can be renewed or change to settlement. You must have at least £200000 (about 96 million Naira) of disposable fund to invest in the UK. I am not sure if there is anyone on this thread thinking of such route.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nellahen: 4:26pm On May 29, 2018
thank you
ekpotek:

It is call entrepreneurship visa. If approved your are given 5 years residence, which you can be renewed or change to settlement. You must have at least £200000 (about 96 million Naira) of disposable fund to invest in the UK. I am not sure if there is anyone on this thread thinking of such route.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TWoods(m): 4:52pm On May 29, 2018
iwanvisityankee:
does it mean one can visit schengen countries with UK visa?

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TWoods(m): 4:56pm On May 29, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Wow! Seems a very tough one right now from calculations.... Both steps are wahala-laden, changing details at this point seems suicidal from the look of things. She may just have to take her chances and stick to previously submitted info, fear won't allow me advise otherwise....

"I'm here for 9 days" she told them, but ended up spending 2 months then as she was fresh out of school, capitalizing on the advantage of backdating those days which did work for her. But it looks like something is about to sting her now in return.... Sighs

It’s never a good idea to be dishonest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:26pm On May 29, 2018
TWoods:

It’s never a good idea to be dishonest.

Absolutely correct, no gainsaying this....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 8:51pm On May 29, 2018
Just make clear coloured copies of the previous passport and visas. They will scan all them.

BabaOman:

Does this apply to previous passport because I want to use my new passport. The checklists says I should come with previous passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 10:42pm On May 29, 2018
Hello guys...after reading people's posts here, i think i have made a big mistake while filling my application online...I didnt indicate i was refused a USA visa, do you think i should withdraw the application or they cant verify this...please i need an urgent response on this...please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daniel2090: 4:24am On May 30, 2018
Good day,oga justwise,enyin ojogbon,men and women of wisdom and experience.please i need some urgent answers to some questions.for clarification purposes,i intend sitting for an exam in the UK in october.
1.i would not know if it will be appropriate to include fixed deposit account certificate with about 600k(naira)in it together with a salary statement account that will have about same amount in it at the time of application.
intend to spend about 500k on the 5day journey all things being equal.
i am particular about the fixed deposit whether i should liquidate it at that time or it can be presented separately but along side with my salary account
2.does a land C of O still has a role in fortifying an individual's visitors visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:18am On May 30, 2018
iapt:
Hello guys...after reading people's posts here, i think i have made a big mistake while filling my application online...I didnt indicate i was refused a USA visa, do you think i should withdraw the application or they cant verify this...please i need an urgent response on this...please help

have you done your biometric?? if not I will suggest you cancel your visa application at the ukvi website and you will request for a refund...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 10:13am On May 30, 2018
alert20:

have you done your biometric?? if not I will suggest you cancel your visa application at the ukvi website and you will request for a refund...

Thanks alot for your response, I haven't done my biometrics yet...but i just want to be sure if they verify usa previous denial...but i think i will cancel it and have it done all over...Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:11am On May 30, 2018
iapt:

Thanks alot for your response, I haven't done my biometrics yet...but i just want to be sure if they verify usa previous denial...but i think i will cancel it and have it done all over...Thanks

uwc, did they stamp your passport after refusing you?? if they did, then they will see you have been refused by US.. but if they don't, I think it will be hard for them to know since they did not take ur biometric..

but all the same try to be truthful in your application...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:15am On May 30, 2018
daniel2090:
Good day,oga justwise,enyin ojogbon,men and women of wisdom and experience.please i need some urgent answers to some questions.for clarification purposes,i intend sitting for an exam in the UK in october.
1.i would not know if it will be appropriate to include fixed deposit account certificate with about 600k(naira)in it together with a salary statement account that will have about same amount in it at the time of application.
intend to spend about 500k on the 5day journey all things being equal.
i am particular about the fixed deposit whether i should liquidate it at that time or it can be presented separately but along side with my salary account
2.does a land C of O still has a role in fortifying an individual's visitors visa application.

hi Bro,
1. submit the two statements..
2. that's a very good tie to your home country.

if you are married, include your marriage certificate and if you have childrens too, include their birth certificate as well...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbyz1: 12:22pm On May 30, 2018
ekpotek:

I don’t feel you should withdraw the application. You have good travel history to the UK and the fund for the ECO to overlook these lapses. I will suggest that you wait for the decision. If it’s negative and the reasons are based on these lapses, you can easily correct it and reapply. Having said that, you are permitted to withdraw you application at anytime before a decision is made. However, you will not get a refund. Refund are only possible before your appointment and biometric collection.

@ekpotek Thanks for the sound advice. My decision made status was ticked yesterday evening marking 18 working days. I got the passport ready for collection notification this morning on my way to work.

Despite all the concerns I had, my application was successful; 2 yrs visit visa. I guess my travel history bailed me out. Thank God I didn't withdraw lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my earlier post.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:41pm On May 30, 2018
Bobbyz1:

@ekpotek Thanks for the sound advice. My decision made status was ticked yesterday evening marking 18 working days. I got the passport ready for collection notification this morning on my way to work.

Despite all the concerns I had, my application was successful; 2 yrs visit visa. I guess my travel history bailed me out. Thank God I didn't withdraw lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my earlier post.

Congratulations!! You’re welcome. Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 1:12pm On May 30, 2018
HEY, Please whats wrong with stating you have been refused US visa?

iapt:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bayolino: 1:13pm On May 30, 2018
Amolad111:

@Eyzeberg,

I also applied on the 2nd of May but yet to get decision made info nor pick up passport message. Maybe there's a general delay. Let's keep updating d house on any information.

Any update on your application pls? And which center did u submitted your application Ikeja or VI?

Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 1:14pm On May 30, 2018
Hi epkotek, please is it advisable to state you've been denied US visa before? Kindly respond.

ekpotek:

Congratulations!! You’re welcome. Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 1:26pm On May 30, 2018
alert20:

uwc, did they stamp your passport after refusing you?? if they did, then they will see you have been refused by US.. but if they don't, I think it will be hard for them to know since they did not take ur biometric..

but all the same try to be truthful in your application...

No, they didn't stamp my passport...I have some travel history though, I just thought the USA refusal could affect my chances...but after reading this thread, i found out its not a criteria because I have all required documents (CAC for my hotel, Personal income taX clearance, LIRS certificate for the company, 2 houses and 2 acres of land in Lagos, account balance of 1.3million)...but as it stands, i will have to cancel the appointment and do another one immediately...but i dont know how long the refund will take...Thanks all the way bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fbimbola(f): 1:35pm On May 30, 2018
Good Afternoon All, Please I have a colleague that plans to travel to the UK for a business conference, she stated the she will be staying in the hotel since she has no relative in the UK. Fortunately for her, she now has someone she can put up with during the conference and intends to cancel her hotel booking so as not be debited. Hope this wont pose as a problem at the point of entry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:47pm On May 30, 2018
fbimbola:
Good Afternoon All, Please I have a colleague that plans to travel to the UK for a business conference, she stated the she will be staying in the hotel since she has no relative in the UK. Fortunately for her, she now has someone she can put up with during the conference and intends to cancel her hotel booking so as not be debited. Hope this wont pose as a problem at the point of entry.

As your colleague been issued a UK visa?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:50pm On May 30, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hi epkotek, please is it advisable to state you've been denied US visa before? Kindly respond.

Yes. There is no point in misrepresentation as UK and USA shares immigration data occasionally. Being denied a USA visa does not mean you can’t get a UK visa if you’re qualified.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 1:52pm On May 30, 2018
Bobbyz1:

Congratulations sir...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:54pm On May 30, 2018
iapt:

No, they didn't stamp my passport...I have some travel history though, I just thought the USA refusal could affect my chances...but after reading this thread, i found out its not a criteria because I have all required documents (CAC for my hotel, Personal income taX clearance, LIRS certificate for the company, 2 houses and 2 acres of land in Lagos, account balance of 1.3million)...but as it stands, i will have to cancel the appointment and do another one immediately...but i dont know how long the refund will take...Thanks all the way bro

USA don’t need to stamp your passport. Your biometric is ID technology in use now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fbimbola(f): 2:05pm On May 30, 2018
Yes

ekpotek:

As your colleague been issued a UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 2:05pm On May 30, 2018
ekpotek:

USA don’t need to stamp your passport. Your biometric is ID technology in use now.

Got it bro...i appreciate your kind response..I have cancelled the application already, i will be doiNG another soonote but please would i be needing any other docs apart from the ones I listed above...those are the ones I have at my disposal...please i would appreciate your kind response on that...Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2018
Bobbyz1:

Hello,

Please did you apply at Ikeja or VI?

Please those who applied 2nd and 4th through Ikeja, have you received collection mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 2:30pm On May 30, 2018
18 workings days? Starting from Biometrics day or ....?

Despite all the concerns I had, my application was successful; 2 yrs visit visa. I guess my travel history bailed me out. Thank God I didn't withdraw lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my earlier post.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.