Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,798 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1519987 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
Biometrics 30th August... TLS Abuja

Pick up mail 19th September

Visa issued

I applied with my spouse... 2 years Visa

Got valuable info from Nairaland as always.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Innopre983: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
justwise:

I think I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge

Ok sir. Please I want to know if the ECO accepted such excuses from those that have given such excuses before or they were refused but not banned. Also can my other step brother I mentioned during the Interview invite me though he is not yet a citizen but he married an EU citizen so he has 5 years visa at the moment in the UK. The one I didn't mention during the interview is already a citizen and has a mortgage. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 2:51am On Sep 21, 2018
My people... I filled 6days in my application but I want to spend 10days now... I hope say I never do pass myself ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Cc: Gurus

But there's no question here na.... Good morning
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

But there's no question here na.... Good morning

OH.. it's now modified
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, submitted early September, got a mail 20th of Sep, trying not to panic, has anyone received such message and got approved? Below is the message:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 21, 2018
TheExalted:
Hello gurus in the house, submitted early September, got a mail 20th of Sep, trying no to panic, has anyone received such message and got approved? Below is the message:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is standard email. Everyone gets this. Email doesn't say anything about outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2018
Jarus:

This is standard email. Everyone gets this. Email doesn't say anything about outcome.

Thanks a lot! I was almost pulling my hair out smiley.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2018
Jarus:

I guessed as much.
I beg come employ me as your P.A o cool >: �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2018
Did you opt for priority service?

Fyorgyn:
Biometrics 30th August... TLS Abuja

Pick up mail 19th September

Visa issued

I applied with my spouse... 2 years Visa

Got valuable info from Nairaland as always.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
bogolobango:
Abeg make una help me I'm tired the same stories ooh i got denied again

I'm sorry about your situation. I'd suggest you give it sometimes before you try again. Give it like a year or so and make sure your situation has improved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
OgeChukwuO:
Hi good morning all,

I am married with a kid. My husband did his masters in Uk and also got his post study visa afterwards. I joined him at one time and we returned to Nigeria before it expired.
4 years later we want to visit the Uk. He has a cousin married with 5 kids leaving there and my kid and I will like to spend the Christmas with them.
I run my own firm for 2 years now and sincerely haven’t started working on my tax certificate. I have savings of about 2m. I run a company account but my personal current account were sometimes used for operations especially if it’s same bank.
My husband runs a contract agreement with a firm so he isn’t paid monthly but based on clientele and at the end of financial year, a certain amount is paid.
I am sponsoring the trip.

I haven’t been consistent in paying myself monthly.

My questions are
Should I fill not applicable in where they asked for monthly salary as I haven’t been sending a regular amount to myself.

Since my husband has history in the uk should he apply with us. Even though he is not going with us. Also won’t this make our budget higher

Our accommodation and feeding is sorted so what will my budget look like.

What documents can I present from his cousin
What documents can I present.

What’s the success rate if I apply for just myself and kid rather than he applies for 3 of us. His account statement may not cover us but he is also a director in my business I run.

Lastly i do not have my tax clearance. How does this affect.

Pls pardon the long write up.

Thank you.

1.State your average salary then use the additional space for info to give more details about your payment

2.Your hubby doesn't need to apply if he is not traveling

3. You need to get your tax paper to support your net income.

Regarding documents needed from your cousin ..we have answered this sort of question too many times here and its not fair to keep repeating the same thing page after page.

Please read back for an answer

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
bogolobango:
Abeg make una help me I'm tired the same stories ooh i got denied again

You over exaggerated your income and the ECO did not believe that you actually earn that much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Innopre983: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
justwise:

I think I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge

Ok sir. Please I want to know if the ECO accepted such excuses from those that have given such excuses before or they were refused but not banned. Also can my other step brother I mentioned during the Interview invite me though he is not yet a citizen but he married an EU citizen so he has 5 years visa at the moment in the UK. The one I didn't mention during the interview is already a citizen and has a mortgage. Please Justwise the above questions have not been answered. Can my other brother invite me without having a mortgage? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
Quick question that I am asking for a friend...

Can a visitor to the UK on a 2 year visit visa, visit an Optician like Specsavers or Vision express to obtain glasses (paid for services) without violating terms of their visit visa?

Or do the UK high commission consider this part of medical tourism?

Justwise, Ekpotek kindly advise please...Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
edmasta01:
Quick question that I am asking for a friend...

Can a visitor to the UK on a 2 year visit visa, visit an Optician like Specsavers or Vision express to obtain glasses (paid for services) without violating terms of their visit visa?

Or do the UK high commission consider this part of medical tourism?

Justwise, Ekpotek kindly advise please...Thanks.

Yes you can do that. You will need to pay for eye examination and the glasses. Store like Tesco offer free eye examination. Spec saver also offer free eye examination provided you willing to buy their glasses after the test. It not a violation of your visit visa term.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
cerezo:
Did you opt for priority service?

No I did not.

It was regular service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspirebig: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
The percentage of those being refused UK visa this year is unprecedented. The way it is going, they are just making money now with UK visa application worldwide , probably their country is broke and need money to keep paying those under welfare.

If Uk do not want Nigerians to visit country, they should come out boldly and say it.

Imagine those VOs refusing people with good track record. The owner of chelsea football club had an issue with UK immigration recently.

This year alone, those people working with the very best company in Nigeria are being refused UK visa week in, week out. I mean those with good home ties, good jobs, married, have good landed properties, have introductory letter from their company, have good cover letter, etc.

Reason for refusal, they do not know the soure of your money, or you may not come back after you are given visa, or you do not have good ties, or you have not not shown good evidence in your circumstances. Imagine, when all these reasons have documents genuinely for each. Even a comphensive cover letter was added, which I doubt if they ever read.

The VOs are confused. If not, why would they refuse you this month and issue you visa the next two months with exactly the same documents submitted?

Have they been given targets monthly on the amount to make monthly like bank makerters?

Refusal everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
aspirebig:
The percentage of those being refused UK visa this year is unprecedented. The way it is going, they are just making money now with UK visa application worldwide , probably their country is broke and need money to keep paying those under welfare.

If Uk do not want Nigerians to visit country, they should come out boldly and say it.

Imagine those VOs refusing people with good track record. The owner of chelsea football club had an issue with UK immigration recently.

This year alone, those people working with the very best company in Nigeria are being refused UK visa week in, week out. I mean those with good home ties, good jobs, married, have good landed properties, have introductory letter from their company, have good cover letter, etc.

Reason for refusal, they do not know the soure of your money, or you may not come back after you are given visa, or you do not have good ties, or you have not not shown good evidence in your circumstances. Imagine, when all these reasons have documents genuinely for each. Even a comphensive cover letter was added, which I doubt if they ever read.

The VOs are confused. If not, why would they refuse you this month and issue you visa the next two months with exactly the same documents submitted?

Have they been given targets monthly on the amount to make monthly like bank?

Refusal everywhere?

Wrong assumptions. If you are qualified for a visa from them you will get one 90-95% of the time, if not even as much as 99% sef....

How many refusals have we read of on here in the past few months that wasn't justified? Cover letter, cover letter! In fact, good cover letter. What's the content na?

I thought those getting refused do some explanation when they reapply? What's that then, is that not a difference maker? I think I even prefer the UK ECO and their approach as compared to almost every other country's consular officers. Has common South Africa showed you pepper or is it Schengen people that you can not understand, as well as the Canadians? Let's not just talk of the US and section 214B refusals that you can never dig the reason behind their refusals.... Take note though, that this writer has valid visas to all the places mentioned and the UK too oh!

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Wrong assumptions. If you are qualified for a visa from them you will get one 90-95% of the time, if not even as much as 99% sef....

How many refusals have we read of on here in the past few months that wasn't justified? Cover letter, cover letter! In fact, good cover letter. What's the content na?

I thought those getting refused do some explanation when they reapply? What's that then, is that not a difference maker? I think I even prefer the UK ECO and their approach as compared to almost every other country's consular officers. Has common South Africa showed you pepper or is it Schengen people that you can not understand, as well as the Canadians? Let's not just talk of the US and section 214B refusals that you can never dig the reason behind their refusals.... Take note though, that this writer has valid visas to all the places mentioned and the UK too oh!

I fully agree with you. I really dont think UK visa is that difficult if you have good documentation and good case to be given the visa.

In fact, I made a couple of errors in my last application ( last month) that if they were really petty as the gentleman said, I should be refused. But they were reasonable enough.

I really dont believe in the speculation up there.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Jarus:

I fully agree with you. I really dont think UK visa is that difficult if you have good documentation and good case to be given the visa.

In fact, I made a couple of errors in my last application ( last month) that if they were really petty as the gentleman said, I should be refused. But they were reasonable enough.

I really dont believe in the speculation up there.

I also totally agree with omobendel

I made a few "errors" and got away with it.

For instance, the invitation letter I included was addressed to me and not the UK high commission... I didn't include any details of my UK contact e.g. utility bills or passport data page. It was just an email saying my family is always welcome to stay at theirs.

I also didn't bother including copies of my old passports and visas as suggested... I submitted my recently (re)new(ed) "virgin" passport and reckoned they should have details of my previous applications grin

I didn't have energy to get letter of introduction from my office so I just included my employment letter and pay slips...

I also only included three months bank statement

My spouse is self employed and only included personal account (healthy inflow and outflow but less than 10k balance) and the cac incorporation form showing us both as directors (I don't remember what it is called).

I indicated in a cover letter that the entire cost will be drawn from my accounts

Point is, my application was farrrrrrrrrr from perfect but we got it.

Having said that,

I am very aware of the fact that many eligible people are refused visas everyday and it is a very painful feeling.

I wish every genuine applicant the very best.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
Fyorgyn:

I also totally agree with omobendel

I made a few "errors" and got away with it.

For instance, the invitation letter I included was addressed to me and not the UK high commission... I didn't include any details of my UK contact e.g. utility bills or passport data page. It was just an email saying my family is always welcome to stay at theirs.

I also didn't bother including copies of my old passports and visas as suggested... I submitted my recently (re)new(ed) "virgin" passport and reckoned they should have details of my previous applications grin

I didn't have energy to get letter of introduction from my office so I just included my employment letter and pay slips...

I also only included three months bank statement

My spouse is self employed and only included personal account (healthy inflow and outflow but less than 10k balance) and the cac incorporation form showing us both as directors (I don't remember what it is called).

I indicated in a cover letter that the entire cost will be drawn from my accounts

Point is, my application was farrrrrrrrrr from perfect but we got it.

Having said that,

I am very aware of the fact that many eligible people are refused visas everyday and it is a very painful feeling.

I wish every genuine applicant the very best.

My errors

1, I mistakenly clicked yes (instead of no) that my wife was traveling with me in the application form (although I used biro to cancel it and wrote "no" and submitted that page as part of my other docs

2, My company's introductory letter introduced me with my old expired passport number. That's what they have in their records ( yet to advise them of my new passport number).

3, The dates I quoted as entry and exit for at least 2 of my past travels to the UK in the application were wrong. I was too lazy to check my old passport while filling he form and just guessed the date I entered and left UK in my previous entries. I checked after submitting the form and realized after doing biometrics the dates were wrong e.g entered UK 23 Oct 2017 but put 25 Oct as entry date while filling the form.

4, I did not include any bank statement (this one is deliberate though, but born out of my casualness inthe application).

Plus a couple of other minor errors and oversight here and there.

Yet, I got the visa.

I think those guys are trained to see the big picture easily. I dont think they refuse people visa just for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspirebig: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The person in question is not new to travelling or getting Visas.

The fact is that UK visa this year is not what it used to be.

Many funny reasons for refusal.

The whole reasons given for the refusal were fully taken care of very well.

Everyday, i hear people complaining of Uk Visa refusal, even those that have very glaring reasons to be in the UK for just a week or two.

Is not everyone that want to leave the country by all means, some people are doing well here too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DrTony1(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2018
sweetrie:
We withdrew, got passport back. Sold the date. Will reapply next month

Hello sorry about yout withdrawal. I tried withdrawing my Tier 2 Visa application and it was refused twice. Please how did you go about to withdraw ur passport. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:53am On Sep 22, 2018
aspirebig:

Everyday, i hear people complaining of Uk Visa refusal, even those that have very glaring reasons to be in the UK for just a week or two.

Is not everyone that want to leave the country by all means, some people are doing well here too.

To be honest with you every UK visitor visa application is treated with immigration intent. The onus is on the applicant to proof otherwise. I have seen applicants been refuse based on the mistakes of the ECO in which the refusals was overturn. I have also since applicants who were able to addressed the reason for the refusal and was approved on reapplication. The catch here is if the ECO cannot convince himself from the application form submitted that you genuinely seek a entry visa for the purpose you have stated, then you’re likely to be refused. My advice to applicants is to read this thread, go through it page by page, learn from the mistakes of others and above all, pray that your application does not convey a desperation of immigration intent to the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 9:00am On Sep 22, 2018
DrTony1:

Hello sorry about yout withdrawal. I tried withdrawing my Tier 2 Visa application and it was refused twice. Please how did you go about to withdraw ur passport. Thank you
Hi, after filling the form at TLS, we called UKVI and they sent a mail to confirm that we really wanted to withdraw, we filled out the form attached to the mail. got the passport later
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2018
aspirebig:

I agree with him. UK visas are more difficult to get these days.

However, this is precisely the stated policy of the current UK government on immigration - to reduce it to a specified level (actually not economically possible) by actions which have included tightening up visa issuance (even for sponsored legitimate applicants, c.f https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/aug/02/womad-visa-fiasco-brexit-britain-live-music-festival), making it so difficult for citizens to bring in non-EU foreign spouses, hugely increasing application fees for anything visa/citizenship related (to the extent that the Home Office admitted that it is now a profit-generating government department) and of course deporting and destituting otherwise lawful residents.

Under current UK immigration rules, just like under U.S. law, every visa applicant is deemed guilty of immigrant intent until proved otherwise. And the upshot is that several people who would have qualified previously (and who qualify under less strict regimes such as the Schengen one) are having visas refused for spurious reasons.

That's the way it is.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2018
With the little experience.... fill your forms carefully, have a valid reason for your visit. Your paper work will only speak for you. If you're writing a cover letter make sure it explains everything in details. Also, if you go the TLS with any supporting docs and the attendant tells you that you don't need one of the docs, they them to scan it... it's your application not theirs. It happened to me... my first application the lady didn't scan my docs for business dealings. Telling that my CAC docs and tax will do that. I was refused that my business doesn't have a valid means of transactions... I reapplied the next day I got refused. Got back there and I told them to scan all my supporting docs. I got my visa straight.

I really appreciate justwise & ekpotek... what do you want me to get you when coming to UK ? wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspirebig: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
Cyberknight:

I agree with him. UK visas are more difficult to get these days.

However, this is precisely the stated policy of the current UK government on immigration - to reduce it to a specified level (actually not economically possible) by actions which have included tightening up visa issuance (even for sponsored legitimate applicants, c.f https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/aug/02/womad-visa-fiasco-brexit-britain-live-music-festival), making it so difficult for citizens to bring in non-EU foreign spouses, hugely increasing application fees for anything visa/citizenship related (to the extent that the Home Office admitted that it is now a profit-generating government department) and of course deporting and destituting otherwise lawful residents.

Under current UK immigration rules, just like under U.S. law, every visa applicant is deemed guilty of immigrant intent until proved otherwise. And the upshot is that several people who would have qualified previously (and who qualify under less strict regimes such as the Schengen one) are having visas refused for spurious reasons.

That's the way it is.

The experience is terrible. I do not usually write on this UK thread, but i need to share this ugly experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspirebig: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
Lee310:
With the little experience.... fill your forms carefully, have a valid reason for your visit. Your paper work will only speak for you. If you're writing a cover letter make sure it explains everything in details. Also, if you go the TLS with any supporting docs and the attendant tells you that you don't need one of the docs, they them to scan it... it's your application not theirs. It happened to me... my first application the lady didn't scan my docs for business dealings. Telling that my CAC docs and tax will do that. I was refused that my business doesn't have a valid means of transactions... I reapplied the next day I got refused. Got back there and I told them to scan all my supporting docs. I got my visa straight.

I really appreciate justwise & ekpotek... what do you want me to get you when coming to UK ? wink

You have a point . Those girls in TLS are very lazy. They complain that companies letter headed papers do not usually get scanned easily on their system, thereby not scanning all the documents the applicant want to submit.I think, the best thing is to do A4 color photocopy of all the document before going to TLC in subsequent applications.So just give them the photocopies to scan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.