Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524207 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2018
Yes you can pay with your naira debit card. I have paid with both Mastercard and Visa Card. My friends and i used to old website and it worked well. Waiting for passport with visas. Hoping for the best.

kokoli:

Thanks yet again Cezero. your help has been immense. The Visa4uk site you are using,is i the old or the new site? I am currently doing the application on the old site. And which o the sites is better and more flexuble? Also I want to know if I can use any naira debit card to pay or a dorm master card to pay. or suggest a better means of paying for the viisa hitch~free. Thanks for your input
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2018
wiselong:
Hello Everyone,

My company would be sponsoring me for a training in the UK and would be responsible for all the expenses, I want to clarify the following

1. My pay is about 100k per month and I have been working for about 4 years, I hope this does not matter
2. The training is for 6 days and I plan using about 18 days during my visit, should I fill the 6 days of training for the number of days I intend using or I should fill the 18 days?
3. I intend staying in hotels for some days during the training and then staying at some family friends house after the training, should I include that I would be staying in both places during my visit?
4. What other documents do I need to add to submit to enhance my applications?

Thank you

@justwise, ekpotek

I would strictly advise that your application should be based on the training only. Mixing it with pleasure trip will not work. If you get the visa then you can extend your visit for few more days or revisit the UK after your training. Since the training is been sponsored, you will need the necessary documents from your company as sponsor and the organization conducting the training, as well as your personal documents to showing that you have a strong home tie to Nigeria (bank statement, pay slips, marriage certificate, etc) Read back and you will see list of common documents for visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wiselong: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2018
ekpotek:

I would strictly advise that your application should be based on the training only. Mixing it with pleasure trip will not work. If you get the visa then you can extend your visit for few more days or revisit the UK after your training. Since the training is been sponsored, you will need the necessary documents from your company as sponsor and the organization conducting the training, as well as your personal documents to showing that you have a strong home tie to Nigeria (bank statement, pay slips, marriage certificate, etc) Read back and you will see list of common documents for visit visa.

Thank you @ekpotek, If I indicate my training days as my number of days to stay, can I stay two weeks longer than that date? If I do? will it count as an offense against my next visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2018
wiselong:

Thank you @ekpotek, If I indicate my training days as my number of days to stay, can I stay two weeks longer than that date? If I do? will it count as an offense against my next visit?

I think it's understandable if you arrive a day or two to your training period and depart a day or two after. 8-10 days should be good to state, you may then extend it to 12-14 days on your actual visit without much worries. So I think sha, not necessarily solid....

I for one can state one week and even do up to a month, but if you try it, you can get injured.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wiselong: 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I think it's understandable if you arrive a day or two to your training period and depart a day or two after. 8-10 days should be good to state, you may then extend it to 12-14 days on your actual visit without much worries. So I think sha, not necessarily solid....

I for one can state one week and even do up to a month, but if you try it, you can get injured.

Lol @ the get injured part. Thanks though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mutico20(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
Please aos is there anyone here with d link to process UK visa from Dubai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Motol: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello house...please I decided to throw my question here since the Ireland thread(where my question is suited for) isn't effective at such...

I am planning to apply for Ireland tourist visa as a tourist. I have traveled severally in the past to the UK and have been looking forward to travelling to Ireland someday but haven't had the opportunity until now, I want to spend my forthcoming leave days from work in Ireland. Please note that my husband is a UK citizen and resident who visits me often in Nigeria. I have no plan joining him in the UK soon as I am still comfortable with my job hence my stay in Nigeria. Also,It is just going to be me visiting alone and hubby doesn't intend joining me from london as he has used up all his leave days at work.what are my chances please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello house, has anyone gone to TLS without getting an email or SMS from then for collection. I applied before my siblings and all their applications are out. They applied in Abuja mine was Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
OmoBendel24:

@Wiselong. Yes is possible. However, I will not advise it. As this is will be your first visa, it is important to keep to your first UK visa plan. Many have unintentially extended their stay and regretted it as it affected their subsequent UK visa application. Like @OmoBendel24 said, you can add one or two days extras but not 10 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jason02: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
good day all @justwise and any other person who can assit me.
please am new here but i noticed alot of sucess story fro the little i have read, please i want to apply for uk visa, my husband has america visa but i was denied america and canada as well. i have been to dubai with my kids and i have to south africa.

we want to apply as family now pls wat are the chances of getting the visa or is it better as a couple or family. we have 3 kids, good statement, landed properties, tax clerence as well

please kindly advice the best way to apply for uk visa with high chances of getting the visa.
thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jason02: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
please you guys should help me answer oooo

jason02:
please am new here but i noticed alot of sucess story fro the little i have read, please i want to apply for uk visa, my husband has america visa but i was denied america and canada as well. i have been to dubai with my kids and i have to south africa.

we want to apply as family now pls wat are the chances of getting the visa or is it better as a couple or family. we have 3 kids, good statement, landed properties, tax clerence as well

please kindly advice the best way to apply for uk visa with high chances of getting the visa.
thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello house, has anyone gone to TLS without getting an email or SMS from then for collection. I applied before my siblings and all their applications are out. They applied in Abuja mine was Lagos

Update..I just called UKVI and a decision was made on Friday. But the site is not updated. Can I go to TLS and just request for my passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello house, I am back to say thank you to all the wonderful people on this thread. My son's visa is out. He was denied at first and I applied exactly a week after I received his refusal note. I took the advice of ekpotek . I submitted same documents and upgraded the bank statements. I also addressed the initial refusal.

Timeline
Application submitted 31st August
Biometrics 4th September
Sheffo receipt email 10th September
TLS collection email 24th September at 2.30 pm
Received passport with visa 25th September at 2.46 pm

My observation, TLS VI centre more organised, less strenous and faster than ikeja.

Thank you @ekpotek, justwise and all the good people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
Motol:
Hello house...please I decided to throw my question here since the Ireland thread(where my question is suited for) isn't effective at such...

I am planning to apply for Ireland tourist visa as a tourist. I have traveled severally in the past to the UK and have been looking forward to travelling to Ireland someday but haven't had the opportunity until now, I want to spend my forthcoming leave days from work in Ireland. Please note that my husband is a UK citizen and resident who visits me often in Nigeria. I have no plan joining him in the UK soon as I am still comfortable with my job hence my stay in Nigeria. Also,It is just going to be me visiting alone and hubby doesn't intend joining me from london as he has used up all his leave days at work.what are my chances please?

You will need to apply for c visit visa on your own merit. However, if you were traveling with your UK husband, you would have apply under EU free movement laws with minimal documents other than your marriage certificate and a copy your husband UK passport. Just go the INIS website and complete the application form. At the end you get a check list of documents to submit with your application. Another options if you don’t mind adventure and the risk is to fly into UK if you have a UK visa and ask your husband to take you into Ireland by road/ferry (You will need your marriage certificate). He drops you off, then come back and pick you when you are ready to depart.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
Hello house, I am back to say thank you to all the wonderful people on this thread. My son's visa is out. He was denied at first and I applied exactly a week after I received his refusal note. I took the advice of ekpotek . I submitted same documents and upgraded the bank statements. I also addressed the initial refusal.

Timeline
Application submitted 31st August
Biometrics 4th September
Sheffo receipt email 10th September
TLS collection email 24th September at 2.30 pm
Received passport with visa 25th September at 2.46 pm

My observation, TLS VI centre more organised, less strenous and faster than ikeja.

Thank you @ekpotek, justwise and all the good people.

Congratulation!! Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youreign: 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello House. Pls I need your urgent advise/suggestion.I was denied uk visa last week and want to reapply immediately with more supporting document and an explanatory letter from my sister in the UK. I reapplied last week Friday on the new website but I cancelled my application the next day cos of a little mistake I made in the application. I want to start a new application but haven't received my refund. I received an email saying my refund would be processed after 28days. Can i go ahead with another application while i wait for the refund? Would the cancellation have any effect on my new application? Would I still get my previous refund if I make new payment? Pls I new your urgent advise . Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Please guys...kindly help a brother out

cerezo:
Great People,

I need someone to help with the question below.

Has anyone subscribed to the "Keep my passport When Applying" option on tls website from Nigeria. I want to submit my application tomorrow and need to travel to another country mid October. I just want to be cautious in this period where uk visa application can last 2 months. Though i wish i can have my visa before my trip in October but if visa wont come on time then i don't want to forfeit my other trip too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jason02: 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
@ekpotek

thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BOLAUWA: 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
Olugerm:
Congratulations I'm happy for you.. Pls what type of visa did you applied for and the documents you summited
I applied for a tourist visa to write plab exam. The documents were many sha o. Lemme try to summarise
1. Compulsory documents like passport, exam invitation
2. Employment documemts
3. Bank statement and payslips
4. Condition of family members eg travel history
5. Usa visa rejection email, and admission letter,deferment letter, emails pf deferment, gre/ toefl results, wes evaluation( note, I had to carefully explain that my application to the usa was genuine, however, I didnt get d visa due to consular decision. I felt I was disadvantaged with the usa visa,hence, I had to try to convince d eco that I am genuine
Cover lett.
I hope this was helpful. Not good typist

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omotisa: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
Applied for a priority visa for a business trip last Monday 17 September 2018; Biometrics done at Abuja TLS center. I got an email on Friday 21 September saying it was ready for collection. Visa Collected yesterday Monday 24th September

Provided the following:
contracts (self-employed) and consulting invoices in lieu of pay slips. I didn't submit any tax clearance
Invitation letter
Cover letter
Company Bank statement
Personal Bank statement (low closing balance)
marriage and kid's birth certificate
Tenancy agreement.

Documents were scanned and returned to me prior to biometrics exercise.

Wishing you guys the best!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 5:49am On Sep 26, 2018
jason02:
@ekpotek

thank you in advance

I don't think anyone can predict your chances of getting visa. Be sincere in your application and add all necessary documents to show you have ties to Nigeria and you will come back. Applying as a family doesn't stop them giving you visa if you have strong ties back home; but why can't you apply alongside with your kids and let your husband be your family tie back home. Just my view. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 5:53am On Sep 26, 2018
mutico20:
Please aos is there anyone here with d link to process UK visa from Dubai

You see, nobody responds to this question. If you put it in google, you will see a link. However, I believe VFS is in charge of Middle East applications. You can try check it on google and the link to apply ill pop-up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iamoilprince(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2018
Hello guys, please I need assist.

I am planning of going to UK for honeymoon, my company hasn’t been registered and I have done transaction of 10m for the past 6 months but my acct balance Is less than 1m. Can it work ?

If yes what are the documents I will need ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2018
Iamoilprince:
Hello guys, please I need assist.

I am planning of going to UK for honeymoon, my company hasn’t been registered and I have done transaction of 10m for the past 6 months but my acct balance Is less than 1m. Can it work ?

If yes what are the documents I will need ?

The guru's will answer, but let me contribute from my small knowledge. For this to happen, you need to have a plan. e.g. when is your wedding? What is your previous travel history? How do you intend to fund this honeymoon? e.g. Are you going to spend that 1 million from your business account? if this is so, that is a red flag.

If you are not registered business, i don't think this is really an issue, as technically, you can run an SME in your personal name. As long a you explain this in your visa letter + you provide proof of tax payment if you've been doing business for more than two years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jason02: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2018
thank you very much for your responce, i also thought about that but since my husband is the one with america visa i was thinking if to apply with him and one of d kid, our wedding anniversary is in december i can use that as purpose of visit hoping it will go well.
am just confused on how exactly to apply with minimal chances of denial, we have enogh landed documents as ties to show as well as good statement.

folmus:

I don't think anyone can predict your chances of getting visa. Be sincere in your application and add all necessary documents to show you have ties to Nigeria and you will come back. Applying as a family doesn't stop them giving you visa if you have strong ties back home; but why can't you apply alongside with your kids and let your husband be your family tie back home. Just my view. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
youreign:
Hello House. Pls I need your urgent advise/suggestion.I was denied uk visa last week and want to reapply immediately with more supporting document and an explanatory letter from my sister in the UK. I reapplied last week Friday on the new website but I cancelled my application the next day cos of a little mistake I made in the application. I want to start a new application but haven't received my refund. I received an email saying my refund would be processed after 28days. Can i go ahead with another application while i wait for the refund? Would the cancellation have any effect on my new application? Would I still get my previous refund if I make new payment? Pls I new your urgent advise . Thank you!

Go ahead and start a new application. The new application is entirely different from the old one and will have a new reference number.

You will still get your refund.

I did the same for my friend. Cancelled and started a new application the next day. Still got our refund. Visa is out too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yjay(f): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
hi everyone
i really need your advice. i stumbled on this link regarding uk visa last week after i had applied and i pretty much had an inkling that i would be refused after reading spme of the post here.
i visited the VI OFFICE and submitted my supporting documents on the 6th sept 2018 and i received a mail to pick up today 26th sept 2018 and i was refused.
i had no idea about cover letter so i did not include that.
I applied for a 6 months visitors visa.
Brief history about me;
I work for an electronic mutluinational and have been working there for 5 years. i earn a salary of 246,000.
this i stated in the form and also provided evidence with my payslips.
Documents attached
1) letter from employer
2) 6 months payslip
3) 3 bank statements which includes salary account and savings account
4) passport page of hubby(married)
5) evidence of 3m federal govt bond and letter from the bank
6) evidence of 4m money market fund and a letter showing that money can be accessed within 48 hours
7) letter and passport page of my sister. shes a British citizen
cool letter of employment from my sister
9)utility bill showing her address
10) marriage certificate
11) change of name document
12) tax card
13) drivers license ( i included this cos i wanted to.show my current address)
14) letter from one of the banks also showing that i operate both naira and dorm account.
i am pretty bumed cos i applied in july 2009 and i was rejected based on lack of funds. and now that it seems i am financially independent i still get rejected.
However i can see where the confusion might be as i get deposits from time to time when i purchase electronics for custimers which.is usually done throigh my gt account which was the focus in the rejection letter.
There was no mention of my salary account even though i transfer to another account once i receive my salary
Regarding transactions done with my gtbank i ddnt want to focus on that as i felt it would be weird.
Perhaps i should not have included it.
i really need advice here. i have absolutely no desire to live in the uk. do you suggest i reapply or just forget about it. my sister says i have to reapply as she says there is no basis for rejection even though i tried explaining the "cover letter" to her but she says its not part of the requirements. i waited 9 years to reapply so im a bit upset but then again!
@justwise anyone with advice for me. i am also open to answer questions.
i have alao attached a part of the refusal letter.
thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hello Justwise, ekpotek , house,
I need to get my passport back ASAP as I have a very important function in the UK this weekend. I have called UKVI and was told a decision has been made since Friday. It's 15 days today and the TLS website is still not updated even with decision made. Please is there any contact number I can call to follow up?
Thanks,

Nb all my siblings who applied days after me don get their own o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Which Lagos centre
Aibisoye0:
Hello Justwise, ekpotek , house,
I need to get my passport back ASAP as I have a very important function in the UK this weekend. I have called UKVI and was told a decision has been made since Friday. It's 15 days today and the TLS website is still not updated even with decision made. Please is there any contact number I can call to follow up?
Thanks,

Nb all my siblings who applied days after me don get their own o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
Which Lagos centre

Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
TLS Ikeja always delay due to the large number of people that use the centre. Please go to the centre before close of business on friday if you dont get a collection email tomorrow to check
Aibisoye0:

Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mutico20(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
folmus:

You see, nobody responds to this question. If you put it in google, you will see a link. However, I believe VFS is in charge of Middle East applications. You can try check it on google and the link to apply ill pop-up.
thanks bro I will check

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.