Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524383 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
fykes:
Hello people please I will appreciate honest and prompt educative answers . An agent took my elder brother to the UK highcommission in Abuja and he got visa for a 2weeks conference in UK. They processed him as a staff of their company in the UK.
He is a first timer and I know he has no plans of coming back now I am scared cos I keep asking him what he will do after the two weeks expires... He doesn't know.
Pls can anybody tell me what his options are? Or make suggestions please. I am

Nobody get a UK visit visa that way brother without a proper application. The agent has duped your brother. What he has is a fake UK visa sticker and will be stopped and deported at POE.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hi Jenny @jennyhumphrey,

Please can you send me a sample of how you outlined the sorting of your sons welfare. About to apply with my 4 year old daughter. Thank you. .
jennyhumphrey:
I included an affidavit stating that I am his mother sworn at the high court, included more pictures from his birth till date( I included this in the first application but I don't know why they ignored it )addressed the reason why the birth certificate was obtained late in my additional information then included a cover letter explaining same in details, I gave example of my own birth certificate which was obtained late as the norm in the country and I also outlined how his welfare will be sorted in the UK in the cover letter. Also pray, pray and pray. All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fykes(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
ekpotek:

Nobody get a UK visit visa that way brother without a proper application. The agent has duped your brother. What he has is a fake UK visa sticker and will be stopped and deported at POE.
Like hell I knew it. All these took just 2 weeks. I was so skeptical. Just two weeks to get a UK visa...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
i made a reservation on booking.com and it has been automatically cancelling itself and the message displayed is invalid credit card details. I have rebooked and same thing happened. Sad part is that I have submitted the application with the details of that hotel and will be going for biometrics this week. The hotel is now fully booked as I tried rebooking again. please how do I sort this out so it does not affect my visa application. please note that am going for biometrics this week. please help out urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
kokoli:
i made a reservation on booking.com and it has been automatically cancelling itself and the message displayed is invalid credit card details. I have rebooked and same thing happened. Sad part is that I have submitted the application with the details of that hotel and will be going for biometrics this week. The hotel is now fully booked as I tried rebooking again. please how do I sort this out so it does not affect my visa application. please note that am going for biometrics this week. please help out urgently
Bro, this is quite risky o. I know someone who was denied visa because of this booking.com ish.

When the ECO tried to confirm his booking from booking.com, it revealed invalid card details and the ECO denied the person the visa with the reason that the person does not have a valid arrangement for a place to stay when he gets to UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
kokoli:

You do not need to panic. Make a new booking in another hotel and add it as part of your hotel reservation. Then explain in your cover letter, why you need to change your hotel reservation. To avoid another cancellation used a credible bank card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
kokoli:
Good morning house. Please I would want to know if it is compulsory to photocopy all the International passport pages orj ust the bio data page with previous travel stamps?
2. Am I required to come along with a passport for my biometrics? your urgent responses will be appreciated

I honestly don't think it is compulsory.

I recently applied for a UK visa with a very new passport and didn't bother including copies of my travel stamps and visas in my expired passports.

It was a risk though and I won't advise a first time UK visa applicant to go that route.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
ekpotek & justwise
Boss help me this is the second time I got denied U.K. Visa with same salary issues all documents I submitted are intacts

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Damdy: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
Well done guys.
I have only my etcc to show for tax clearance. It is acceptable? Am I to submit the photocopy only or with the original card for my submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2018
ekpotek:

You do not need to panic. Make a new booking in another hotel and add it as part of your hotel reservation. Then explain in your cover letter, why you need to change your hotel reservation. To avoid another cancellation used a credible bank card.

Thanks a lot Ekpotek. Do I really need to state that I am presenting a hotel reservation different from the one I earlier made the application with because the reservation automatically cancelled itself? or I should simply state that I made some changes on.my earlier reservation without offering further explanation? I doubt if the issue is with the card being used in booking because I even asked someone in the UK to make a reservation on.that same site booking.com and same automatic Cancellation occured.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaysce(m): 12:38am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello FrontPageLawyer Justwise Jarus ekpotek and all members, i need your candid advise please.

I plan to apply for a standard visitor visa (6 months), and confused on how to correctly represent my application giving my scenario:

1. I have a 1.5m savings and a separate running salary account with about 250k monthly.

2. Spent about 4 years in the UK on Student visa over 8 years ago.. not sure that counts anymore.

3. can get a Invitation letter, please whats the best type (i.e. relation btw invitee and myself)

4. My company employed me to service a client permanently. Both coys are willing to give me an introductory letter stating i am an employee going on leave to return in a week. My thinking is its better to use one. The client company is Global however my salary description is from my employer- hence my dilemma.

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekonzy: 5:32am On Oct 04, 2018
Dear house,
This is my first time writing on nairaland. But I have a question to ask the gurus in the house. I am a lecturer and I had applied for a visit visa twice in 2015 and got denied. This August I reapplied for a business visa for a convention I was chosen to attend. I was refused and The reasons they gave was really disappointing, they even accused me of taken a loan that will expire Feburary this year whereas I put in a fixed deposit certificate that will be retired August. They said I did not include ties to my country, whereas I put in a landed document to show that I have a land even though Co owned with my fiance here in Nigeria. It was like they used another person's document to evaluate mine. I wrote to them pointing out these errors and they denied it stating that I do not have rights to an administrative review. I reported back to the alumni president and he contacted the m.p whom he gave the names of the representatives who were chosen for the convention. They gave him an assurance of a review as they wrote to the home office on that. How possible is it for a positive review. As right now, I am very angry and disappointed in them. Note since 2015 I have travelled to over two European countries on studies and workshops, Israel and even have a valid norweign Schengen visa for a conference I was meant to attend this month. Please I need a reply. Has anyone been through this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello all,

I am applying for a standard visitor visa (6 months)

I have just £800 (budg 3k) im my a/c but my dad will be sponsoring my visit so I'll be using his statement.

He did not have up to 1 million in his personal a/c but broke his fixed deposit of 5 million and had the money sent to his a/c.

1. Will this be seen as lodgement?
2. Does he have to write a cover letter explaining this or should a fixed deposit certificate be added as supporting document?
3. Am I to make a copy of all pages of the previous passport with visas or just the visa stamps?
4. Also, I want to use priority service. Are there any downsides to this?

Thanks in advance for your comments

(Background: I previously applied for 6mths (not nigeria) and was given. I was in the UK early this year (7 days). Also I have a good travel history. I am a foreign stdt - not working)

PLEASE, I NEED YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

Cc: FrontPageLawyer Justwise Jarus ekpotek Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Walexp(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello i will
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 10:43am On Oct 04, 2018
Hi,

Were you able to get this sorted?

I saw your post then checked my booking(hotel website) only to discover it had been cancelled the day after. I then made another booking via booking.com

Did they send you a mail regarding the cancellation.
kokoli:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2018
trooppper:
Hi,

Were you able to get this sorted?

I saw your post then checked my booking(hotel website) only to discover it had been cancelled the day after. I then made another booking via booking.com

Did they send you a mail regarding the cancellation.

No it hasn't been sorted out.It has kept cancelling despite repeated bookings. Just check,yours mght have cancelled again. Want to try another site. altogether. probably there is an issue with bookings..com. have you done biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Agbaletu: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
kokoli:

No it hasn't been sorted out.It has kept cancelling despite repeated bookings. Just check,yours mght have cancelled again. Want to try another site. altogether. probably there is an issue with bookings..com. have you done biometrics?
I am really surprised.
Which bank card did you use?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifax(f): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
fykes:

Like hell I knew it. All these took just 2 weeks. I was so skeptical. Just two weeks to get a UK visa...

You can get uk visa in less than 2 weeks. Without priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
I have not gotten any mail showing if it has been cancelled.

I called the hotel to be sure and gave my conf no.
They have my reservation.

The first booking I made was with my GTB Dollar Mastercard (did not have enough for a night). I then tried with my naira mastercard - GTB. Maybe try again and call the hotel.

I am yet to even submit.
kokoli:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Walexp(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello pls i am applying for a visit to u.k to meet my dad for 2weeks and he is responsible for all expenses do i need to have a huge amount in my own account again plz answer me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
trooppper:

The first booking I made was with my GTB Dollar Mastercard (did not have enough for a night). I then tried with my naira mastercard - GTB. Maybe try again and call the hotel.

I am yet to even submit.

Did you make an initial deposit? or was it no pre~payment option because you said you didn't have money in your dollar master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DrAwo(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
DrAwo:
Good evening house...

The advice gotten here has been invaluable.... Thanks...

Just a quick question...
I'm applying for a visitor visa (6 months) with the intention of sitting for plab 2 exams.
Estimated cost of the trip is N390,000 as I intend spending just 3 nights in the UK...

How much in total would you feel should be safe for me to have in my account?
NB: I'm married with a child. Monthly expenses of N85,000 and salary of close to N200,000 monthly...

Thanks a million

Any thougths on this?
Will appreciate some guidance please...
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by baum1: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
I have just been told about this opportunity. If you meet or know of someone who meets the requirements here - https://www.nairaland.com/4769572/lawyer-masters-degree-legal-compliance

Spread the word! Lawyers in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
Can anyone please respond to this
Justwise, ekpotek

I dey beg una
trooppper:
Hello all,

I am applying for a standard visitor visa (6 months)

I have just £800 (budg 3k) im my a/c but my dad will be sponsoring my visit so I'll be using his statement.

He did not have up to 1 million in his personal a/c but broke his fixed deposit of 5 million and had the money sent to his a/c.

1. Will this be seen as lodgement?
2. Does he have to write a cover letter explaining this or should a fixed deposit certificate be added as supporting document?
3. Am I to make a copy of all pages of the previous passport with visas or just the visa stamps?
4. Also, I want to use priority service. Are there any downsides to this?

Thanks in advance for your comments

(Background: I previously applied for 6mths (not nigeria) and was given. I was in the UK early this year (7 days). Also I have a good travel history. I am a foreign stdt - not working)

PLEASE, I NEED YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

Cc: FrontPageLawyer Justwise Jarus ekpotek Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olystic: 4:40am On Oct 05, 2018
trooppper:

I am yet to even submit.

Please I will like to know the name of the hotel and their telephone no so that i can also book with them for my visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
kokoli:

Thanks a lot Ekpotek. Do I really need to state that I am presenting a hotel reservation different from the one I earlier made the application with because the reservation automatically cancelled itself? or I should simply state that I made some changes on.my earlier reservation without offering further explanation? I doubt if the issue is with the card being used in booking because I even asked someone in the UK to make a reservation on.that same site booking.com and same automatic Cancellation occured.

dear people, please can I get a response on this urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 8:30am On Oct 05, 2018
I think the first hotel tried to hold the money for the first night and cancelled since I did not have enough on it.

As for the the second one, there was no pre-payment. At least the money has not been deducted as at now.
kokoli:

Did you make an initial deposit? or was it no pre~payment option because you said you didn't have money in your dollar master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trooppper: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2018
I got the hotel via booking.com - Premier Inn Heathrow Terminal 4 - +447752452979
olystic:

Please I will like to know the name of the hotel and their telephone no so that i can also book with them for my visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2018
trooppper:
I think the first hotel tried to hold the money for the first night and cancelled since I did not have enough on it.

As for the the second one, there was no pre-payment. At least the money has not been deducted as at now.

can you please give me the details of the one you were able to make a reservation with let me try them out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Damdy: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2018
Damdy:
Well done guys.
I have only my etcc to show for tax clearance. It is acceptable? Am I to submit the photocopy only or with the original card for my submission

Can I get a sample of tax clearance certificates . It's urgent please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
Am sorry for responding late, I have been in transit and got to London last night. My son is just one so I stated that I will be babysitting him all the through the trip and he would accompany me wherever I go so no need for childcare, I also broke down his budget of 2200 pounds at 500 Naira to 1 pound, milk and cereal 50 pounds , toiletries and pampers 30 pounds, then 2’000 pounds for miscellaneous expenses for both of us. We also noted that a comfortable accommodation is to be provided by my uncle who gave us a letter of invitation. All the best in your application
OgeChukwuO:
Hi Jenny @jennyhumphrey,

Please can you send me a sample of how you outlined the sorting of your sons welfare. About to apply with my 4 year old daughter. Thank you. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.