Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1520910 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
Uglyduckling:

You can sponsor your mum. As long as you write a clear cover letter explaining your relationship and why you are the sponsor(inadequate funds on her part) we recently invited my MIL. Used 6 months bank Statements.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossLadyCEO: 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
adegoks1234:
Lemme guess, booking.com abi?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kino47: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2018
ekpotek:

Maybe your old passport contain the visa sticker. Nothing to worry about. Without valid passport you will not have been issue a boarding pass in the first place.
ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Good morning all. Please I need an advice on my plan to obtain UK Visa for my family (wife + 3kids). After reviewing the various cost, I think the 10-year visa is quite reasonable (do it once and hold for a long period, even though it is expensive).
I currently work as an engineer (oil and gas).
I however have the fear of refusal, as a colleague mentioned that the Visa officer might think we are tactically running away. He suggested doing for 1 or 2 years.
Please advise if I should proceed with the 10-year application or just yield to the colleague warning?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2018
GENIUS18:
Good morning all. Please I need an advice on my plan to obtain UK Visa for my family (wife + 3kids). After reviewing the various cost, I think the 10-year visa is quite reasonable (do it once and hold for a long period, even though it is expensive).
I however have the fear of refusal, as a colleague mentioned that the Visa officer might think we are tactically running away. He suggested doing for 1 or 2 years.
Please advise if I should proceed with the 10-year application or just yield to the colleague warning?

Have been to the UK before? Have you traveled to other ally country e.g The US, Canada before?If No, your friend might be right. Start with 6 months. This is my opinion not that of ECO; the ECO might think otherwise based on your documents and ties.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2018
GENIUS18:

You are unlikely to get 10 years at first attempt. If the visa is approved your will likely get 5 years or less. Take your friend advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pelaiye2703(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Greetings to y’all and hope you’re all having a good weekend. I intend to visit UK to spend time with a family friend. Unfortunately, my basic salary is 60k but i was able to secure a loan from my place of work (Microfinance Bank) to start my Poultry and fish business. Now, I was able to get my business registered (CAC) and pay tax as well.

I’d be presenting the following;
1) Tax card (with my business name)
2) CAC documents ( registered)
3) Business bank statement
4) Salary bank statement
5) Pictures from my place of work
6) Letter from my employer
7) Both employment and confirmation letter
cool Work ID card
9) Pictures from my business
Please do i stand a good chance even when my salary is just 60k?
N:B. I have been refused an American Visa before.
I’d be looking forward to read from you guys.... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegbitetunji(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Tbabeey:
I tried paying my visa application fees by using the paga verve option as advised by one of the posters. I got a mail from paga after making payment that it wasnt successful. However, my visa application account has had a message saying payment is being processed since then..its over 24hrs now. I wasnt debited so im sure payment didnt go through. Please what can i do? I cant proceed further.My Account has no other option whether to try another means of payment and my appointment is next week. I

...how come you have an appointment when you haven't paid?...your application is stuck on payment processing and will remain like that for days, if not weeks. I advise you fill a new application as soon as possible...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thanks for the advice. I have been to the UK, France a good number of times, and we were all in Canada last summer (July 2018, the kids first time though). I was thinking this travel history might suffice.
folmus:

Have been to the UK before? Have you traveled to other ally country e.g The US, Canada before?If No, your friend might be right. Start with 6 months. This is my opinion not that of ECO; the ECO might think otherwise based on your documents and ties.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
ekpotek:

You are unlikely to get 10 years at first attempt. If the visa is approved your will likely get 5 years or less. Take your friend advise.

Thanks. Not first attempt for me (the last I got was 2years), but it would be first attempt for my wife and kids. We travelled to Canada last summer though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
GENIUS18:

Thanks. Not first attempt for me (the last I got was 2years), but it would be first attempt for my wife and kids. We travelled to Canada last summer though.

You’re likely to get 10 years. But I am not sure about your wife and kids getting it at first attempt. My advise is to do 6 months for them. And later 2 years and so on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
@ekpotek, a friends hotel booking has just been canceled by the hotel and he is yet to get decision on his application. Will this impact negatively on his application?your response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
stateboy8080:
@ekpotek, a friends hotel booking has just been canceled by the hotel and he is yet to get decision on his application. Will this impact negatively on his application?your response will be appreciated.

Many get into this trouble when they use a bank card that do not have sufficient funds to hold a hotel booking. If the ECO want to confirm such booking and it was cancelled, the visa will be refused. Tell your friend to rebook the hotel ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dabaines: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello house, pls am currently serving in Kwara state and I wanna apply for a UK visa, but I have a sponsor here in Naija...how can i go about this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
stateboy8080:
ekpotek:

Many get into this trouble when they use a bank card that do not have sufficient funds to hold a hotel booking. If the ECO want to confirm such booking and it was cancelled, the visa will be refused. Tell your friend to rebook the hotel ASAP.

Tell him to ring the hotel right away and make another booking over the phone. No need to waste time by re-booking through the third party site he used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
@justwise, ekpotek and other gurus

hello house

I apply on August 2018 my application was refusal because (Income is Unclear how this amount has been accumulated, the amount is disproportionate to your income. The documents supplied do not support the origin of these funds)

I want to reapply and explain the sources of the fund in my account

Information about my account

Account No. 0xxxxxxxxx Access Bank Pls
01-02-2018 Opening Balance = 994,537.66NGN
07-08-2018 Closing Balance = 2,382,098.80NGN
Lodging Amount = 2,288,814.1NGN2
Withdrawal Amount = 901,252.98NGN

Details of the accumulated amount in the account

My Monthly Salary = 285,000.00 NGN (xxxxxxxxxxx Ltd) x 6 Month = 1,710.000.00 NGN
Monthly Allowance from my Spouse = 50,000.00 NGN (Sxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx) x 6 Months 300,000.00 NGN
and additional deposit of 278,814,12 NGN from different source. Making[b]2,288,814.12NGN[/b]

Total Lodgments is 2,288,814.12 NGN + Opening Balance 994,537.66 NGN =3,283,351.78 NGN[/b]Minus Total Withdrawals [b]901,252.98 NGN = Closing Balance of 2,382,098.80 NGN

Please I need advice on this house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thanks ekpotek and cyberknight for the response. He has called the hotel and he was told that there is nothing they can do about the canceled one. If he decides to book another one,it will be a different booking code and he was told the means the ECO uses to verify when they call is the booking code and not his name. The application is about 3 weeks now b4 the cancelation came yesterday.
Cyberknight:

Tell him to ring the hotel right away and make another booking over the phone. No need to waste time by re-booking through the third party site he used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay5you: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
ashekmoney:

hello house

I apply on August 2018 my application was refusal because (Income is Unclear how this amount has been accumulated, the amount is disproportionate to your income. The documents supplied do not support the origin of these funds)

My Monthly Salary = 285,000.00 NGN (xxxxxxxxxxx Ltd) x 6 Month = 1,710.000.00 NGN
Monthly Allowance from my Spouse = 50,000.00 NGN (Sxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx) x 6 Months 300,000.00 NGN
and additional deposit of 278,814,12 NGN from different source. Making[b]2,288,814.12NGN[/b]

Total Lodgments is 2,288,814.12 NGN + Opening Balance 994,537.66 NGN =3,283,351.78 NGN[/b]Minus Total Withdrawals [b]901,252.98 NGN = Closing Balance of 2,382,098.80 NGN

Hello. I’m sorry about your visa refusal. But if I may ask please, was your account active? By active I mean do you withdraw regularly from this account because this will go a long way in your visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pelaiye2703(m): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Greetings to y’all and hope you’re all having a good weekend. I intend to visit UK to spend time with a family friend. He his the major applicant all his family lives in the UK. Unfortunately, my basic salary is 60k but i was able to secure a loan from my place of work (Microfinance Bank) to start my Poultry and fish business. Now, I was able to get my business registered (CAC) and pay tax as well.

I’d be presenting the following;
1) Tax card (with my business name)
2) CAC documents ( registered)
3) Business bank statement
4) Salary bank statement
5) Pictures from my place of work
6) Letter from my employer
7) Both employment and confirmation letter
cool Work ID card
9) Pictures from my business
Please do i stand a good chance even when my salary is just 60k?
N:B. I have been refused an American Visa before.
I’d be looking forward to read from you guys.... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
kay5you:

Hello. I’m sorry about your visa refusal. But if I may ask please, was your account active? By active I mean do you withdraw regularly from this account because this will go a long way in your visa application.

The account is active and the withdrawal from the account between 6months is 901,252.98NGN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 3:43am On Oct 15, 2018
kay5you:

Do you have some travel experience that could erase the doubt of the ECO despite your uncleared statement?
I really do not know how your statement ws formed and printed.You should have clearly do cover letter detailing each of those money.I am sure if you reapply and spell out your source of Income explicitly they will consider you. UK has lots of rules and that your salary is it net or gross?if it's net I think it's within the considered level of Income.Also you should have reduced your budget to a reasonable cost and get your self a holiday maker to Dubai and reapply.These uk thing is just psychological in nature.Offcourse if u earn and have another source of income like rent and commission please let the ECO know because he is like you just borrow some money and perform some in and out not properly explained.So explain the source of those cash and u will be granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 3:44am On Oct 15, 2018
ashekmoney:

hello house

Do you have some travel experience that could erase the doubt of the ECO despite your uncleared statement?
I really do not know how your statement ws formed and printed.You should have clearly do cover letter detailing each of those money.I am sure if you reapply and spell out your source of Income explicitly they will consider you. UK has lots of rules and that your salary is it net or gross?if it's net I think it's within the considered level of Income.Also you should have reduced your budget to a reasonable cost and get your self a holiday maker to Dubai and reapply.These uk thing is just psychological in nature.Offcourse if u earn and have another source of income like rent and commission please let the ECO know because he is like you just borrow some money and perform some in and out not properly explained.So explain the source of those cash and u will be grante
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2018
GENIUS18:
Thanks for the advice. I have been to the UK, France a good number of times, and we were all in Canada last summer (July 2018, the kids first time though). I was thinking this travel history might suffice.

If kids the first time, start with a six month.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2018
K4daniel:

I really do not know how your statement ws formed and printed.You should have clearly do cover letter detailing each of those money.I am sure if you reapply and spell out your source of Income explicitly they will consider you. UK has lots of rules and that your salary is it net or gross?if it's net I think it's within the considered level of Income.Also you should have reduced your budget to a reasonable cost and get your self a holiday maker to Dubai and reapply.These uk thing is just psychological in nature.Offcourse if u earn and have another source of income like rent and commission please let the ECO know because he is like you just borrow some money and perform some in and out not properly explained.So explain the source of those cash and u will be grante

Yes I have travel experience been to Dubai Twice and Ghana 4times..and traveling with my son and we budget 1600pound and my husband want to support us with 1000pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2018
I am really sorry for the refusal..because it's seems your statement of account is not explicit enough.In this case I will suggest you do a covering letter and explain to the ECO what the lump sum and other cash transferred was.This time around your husband acc or joint acc for the family shoukd be added to yours.
A letter of authority from your husband thats shows his permission for you to use the money.attached his biodata and if card.
Most importantly the person inviting you should also send his statement of acc in line with the invitation.If your application is base on bookings of hotel please don't apply for now give it some times.
Let the ECO knows that these funds are yours and available for use and you will never go and borrow money for the sake of travelling to UK or sell any of your property. Give them pictures of your marriage..Good pictures of where you work and colleagues.. this really shows a good ties..submit your certificates including professional exams..they know you are a professional babe and you will return back..your salary is ok.infact I gave them the huge rent I paid for my new apartment In one of the best estate in niger.They already know I will come back.My dear some of my friends were telling me because of my series of rejection i may bring ban to myself and they don't want to help me..I Google and did it my self explain my whole life for them.

It works well for me, they rejected me twice I never had time for them then When it was this year I ensure i already had two promotions at work gave it a shut and I explained all my rejection and with help of nairaland here I got my visa.i dey go do my xmans in uk infact by 15th I don pot.Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2018
ashekmoney:

Yes I have travel experience been to Dubai Twice and Ghana 4times..and traveling with my son and we budget 1600pound and my husband want to support us with 1000pounds.

I am really sorry for the refusal..because it's seems your statement of account is not explicit enough.In this case I will suggest you do a covering letter and explain to the ECO what the lump sum and other cash transferred was.This time around your husband acc or joint acc for the family shoukd be added to yours. 
A letter of authority from your husband thats shows his permission for you to use the money.attached his biodata and if card.
Most importantly the person inviting you should also send his statement of acc in line with the invitation.If your application is base on bookings of hotel please don't apply for now give it some times.
Let the ECO knows that these funds are yours and available for use and you will never go and borrow money for the sake of travelling to UK or sell any of your property. Give them pictures of your marriage..Good pictures of where you work and colleagues.. this really shows a good ties..submit your certificates including professional exams..they know you are a professional babe and you will return back..your salary is ok.infact I gave them the huge rent I paid for my new apartment In one of the best estate in niger.They already know I will come back.My dear some of my friends were telling me because of my series of rejection i may bring ban to myself and they don't want to help me..I Google and did it my self explain my whole life for them.

It works well for me, they rejected me twice I never had time for them then When it was this year I ensure i already had two promotions at work gave it a shut and I explained all my rejection and with help of nairaland here I got my visa.i dey go do my xmans in uk infact by 15th I don pot.Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2018
K4daniel:

It works well for me, they rejected me twice I never had time for them then When it was this year I ensure i already had two promotions at work gave it a shut and I explained all my rejection and with help of nairaland here I got my visa.i dey go do my xmans in uk infact by 15th I don pot.Good luck

In support of my visa application please find attached the following listed document;
1.   Fully completed & duly signed Application form
2.   Employment Letter, Confirmation Letter and Leave Letter
3. Introduction Letter from Employee
4. Employment Identification Card
5. 6 Months pay slip (February 2018 to July 2018)
6. 6 months bank statement from Access Bank (February to August 2018)
7. My Marriage certificate to prove civil status and my son birth certificate
8. My family pictures
9. Consent and support letter from my husband
10. 6 Months Original Bank Statement form My Husband (from Gtbank)
11. Photocopy of my husband's International passports bio data page
12. Letter of introduction from husband's employer
13. Original copy of Land Documents (survey, deed of agreement and receipt)
14. Copies of proofs of accommodation for the entire duration of stay(Hotel
Reservation).
15.  A valid/confirm return air ticket Reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
ashekmoney:

In support of my visa application please find attached the following listed document;
1.   Fully completed & duly signed Application form
2.   Employment Letter, Confirmation Letter and Leave Letter
3. Introduction Letter from Employee
4. Employment Identification Card
5. 6 Months pay slip (February 2018 to July 2018)
6. 6 months bank statement from Access Bank (February to August 2018)
7. My Marriage certificate to prove civil status and my son birth certificate
8. My family pictures
9. Consent and support letter from my husband
10. 6 Months Original Bank Statement form My Husband (from Gtbank)
11. Photocopy of my husband's International passports bio data page
12. Letter of introduction from husband's employer
13. Original copy of Land Documents (survey, deed of agreement and receipt)
14. Copies of proofs of accommodation for the entire duration of stay(Hotel
Reservation).
15.  A valid/confirm return air ticket Reservation.

What about invitation Letter from your sponsor in UK? Or hotel bookings? You need to re-aply again my sister. You over qualify base on this.Please tryexplain your account statement in details.
Also let us see the scan copy Of the rejection letter so that expert here can also advice you accordingly. As far as am concern you have like 65% chances of getting this visa if you package yourself well within two months or before xmans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
K4daniel:

What about invitation Letter from your sponsor in UK? Or hotel bookings? You need to re-aply again my sister. You over qualify base on this.Please tryexplain your account statement in details.
Also let us see the scan copy Of the rejection letter so that expert here can also advice you accordingly. As far as am concern you have like 65% chances of getting this visa if you package yourself well within two months or before xmans.

Pls can I write the cover letter like dis and they also complain about the hotel that the reservation was cancel but have rebook same hotel with my spouse credit card now

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokeju(f): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good Day ,

Please i need advice on how to go about this. I just picked up my documents and was refused a 6 month Family Visa .

I applied for 11 days and had a balance of about N460k in my bank statement.. i also attached a Fixed Deposit certificate from BANK A where our joint account is domiciled that will mature this month as extra proof of funds (i didn't attach the statement of account from BANK A)

Reason for rejection:
although you have submitted Treasury Bills from Bank A it has not been demonstrated that these funds are available for your trip to the UK. From the documents you submitted i am not satisfied that you genuinely have the funds available to afford a trip to the UK at this time or that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable cost in relation to your visit. The documents submitted do not demonstrate any long term savings held elsewhere and i am therefore not satisfied that you have any significant disposable income.

I want to travel for my cousins wedding coming up a month from now... What do you advice i do to change the financial status that won't cause me more issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thonerow(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good day @justwise and everyone,

I am applying for a Tier 4 dependent visa, my wife is on a Tier 4 student visa currently. I worked in a bank till last month (resigned). We run a cleaning service company which she was managing till she left.

I want to inquire if:

1. I can submit a Power of attorney authorizing someone else to manage our company in our absence?
2. I have no TCC - would the statement showing payments from clients suffice (though I am using a personal account statement to apply)?
3. Do I need a cover letter to explain all these?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
ashekmoney:

Pls can I write the cover letter like dis and they also complain about the hotel that the reservation was cancel but have rebook same hotel with my spouse credit card now

This is not a cover letter, as if I already knew the main thing that confused the ECO.What you displayed is just the analysis of your income which usually occupies the last paragraph of your letter.
The address of ukvi on the left and you may start your letter in this format.You can Google some samples to enable you write a good cover letter based on the reason you were denied.You can't give up at this junction because your reason of denial is just too flimsy.

Dear Sir,
APPLICATION FOR A UK ENTRY VISA
I humbly seized this opportunity to apply for a two weeks entry visa which blablabla......

If you arerejectedabd want to respond base on the rejected letter.
Re: Refusal of entry to uk dated.....Shefixxxxx
Sequel to the refusal letter of soooo xxxxx..you will state the reasons and i wish to make some facts...develop the body of your points.
You will explain your own part and conclude with the analysis of income you stated above that should be paragraph five depending on the issues raised for your rejection.

I believe the experts here will help you on bookings because it's kind of complicated because some usually have big issues when booking..A booking may be done and later not successful after documents had been received by ukvi..i really dont use it much cos i used my brother's iv..Hotel Bookings can be an avenue to reject anyone and ukvi are so funny always looking for any loopholes.Its crazy and painful you do not have a friend or uncle that could assist you with IV and accommodations.This would have made it easy because your accommodation would have been sorted out and you would have enough money for your trip both you and son.

I really wish you good luck.. I know a friend that was rejected base on this flimsy reasons she wrote them in the 2nd month and she got her visa.They don't like it when you can't state how you made the money in your account and that's why many are denied which are not genuine reasons.Alot of people make money in this country but do not have the evidences or the documentations that shows cash deposits in their account.

This is grossly unfair to reject people base on that ground.. I always advise people to plan their trip with their bank statement and ensure they have evidences for the money in their account and which shows that circumstances has truly change and reflect in their standard of living. its not something you just wake up and send your applications to ukvi.why waste money?..It makes them think you just want to run from Nigeria but your own case is a bit special and have 65% chances of getting the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.