Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524287 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fopishow(m): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
Well noted, thanks
sutelk:

Usually about a month from when they apply. But in my case it took about 3 months to get my COS from when I got the job. About 2 months sorting issues on their side like references and other HR issues before they applied then another one month to get it after they applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
Happy weekend my people!!!!!! Please I would like to know the kind of visa that is suitable for a day paid course and other corses with different dates but free coures that fall between 3weeks. Secondly I want to apply for 2years visa after I had gotten the first UK visa they gave me 6months which expired April this year and now I want to renew for 2years but they say I need to go for tuberculous test if I will be staying for more than 6months. My concern is this, if am going for a course which I will spend just three weeks and come back, do I still need to go for the test since am applying for 2 years.
Thirdly, is it wrong to tell the embassy that I will stay in my cousin's house for the period of the course.

Thanks for your usual coroperation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Orjforlife: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
Though my application was denied because i do not have dependent, properties or investment but i applied myself (without an agent)using everything i learnt on this platform....this platform is very informative and will recommend it anytime, anyday to anyone(quote author=stefanimay post=72489138]

Yes's, very very possible to apply without an agent.. I did mine myself. First timer ND I got it...Go through this thread from beginning ND it's get all d info you need.. Trust me..

As for the cover letter check from 400+ to 440 not sure though ND you will see a format for cover letter. That's what I used for mine. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Orjforlife: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
I don't think he should be discouraged ...i work in a mfbank and a colleague just returned from his vacation to the uk...he is a 1st time traveller, submitted all his employment details plus other required docs and was given a 6months visa
ijeshaoflondon:

Microfinance bank is a redflag for uk visa application... The Uk embassy have had issues with some microfinance bank so its not advisable.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
mex551:
Hello E_Family, I want to apply for uk tourist visa in Jan for a 6 day vacation alone. Married with 4kids. Have a house and 2cars. I work in one of the financial institutions. I have travel history to SA, over 5times in the last two years. My take home is 570k monthly. Because of an ongoing project, my account has always been on 0 before now but since September , I have been leaving 250k from my salary untouched so by Jan I should have 1.25m. Will the four month account statement surface for me? or must it be 6months.?. please check below my proposed frugal expenditure
1. Return ticket 250k. (£537)
2. Hostel for 6 Days@£28 (£168)
3. Food(B,L,D)@23.50. (£141)
4. Attractions/tourism@15/day. (£105)
5. Transportation @£7/day. (£42)
6. Miscellaneous (£250)
Grand total. £1,250)

This is just about my one month salary. Do you guys in all honesty think that this will fly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
@ekpotek, @Justwise, please respond to the question abov
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arro: 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
Please house, I need help as a matter of urgency, I got UK visa tourist visa for 180 days, since April to Oct, but I did not use my visa until last date of sept and I only spend 14 days.
But now I want to apply for 2 years, since I was the only person that went for the visa application, now I want to apply for family trip for tourist visa, 2yrs for my self, then maybe 6month for my wife and child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 1:15am On Nov 04, 2018
I am somehow sceptical about the hostel booking.

Gurus in the house shold pls clarify on this...[quote author=mex551 post=72655112][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 4:20am On Nov 04, 2018
tasho105:
I am somehow sceptical about the hostel booking.

Gurus in the house shold pls clarify on this...

I used hostel booking and I got my 6 month visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 4:28am On Nov 04, 2018
[quote author=mex551 post=72655112][/quote]

Your budget for your uk vacation is more than 2 times your disposable income of 250k. This may increase your chance of visa denial. You can reduce your miscellaneous, accommodation and may be feeding budget but ensure that your total budget is not more than 2 times your monthly disposable income (the amount you save monthly, 250k in your case).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2018
Nsiehi:

Your budget for your uk vacation is more than 2 times your disposable income of 250k. This may increase your chance of visa denial. You can reduce your miscellaneous, accommodation and may be feeding budget but ensure that your total budget is not more than 2 times your monthly disposable income (the amount you save monthly, 250k in your case).
thanks for your observation. But if you check well in my post, my Disposable income, after taxes is about 570k. 250k is just my monthly savings. What do you think?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2018
mex551:
thanks for your observation. But if you check well in my post, my Disposable income, after taxes is about 570k. 250k is just my monthly savings. What do you think?.

Technically, if we use the extreme part of disposable income, then it's 250k because thats what you can save. But Follow the given advice; reduce unnecessary budgets. Include all necessary documents that show your ties.

Wish you good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2018
folmus:

Technically, if we use the extreme part of disposable income, then it's 250k because thats what you can save. But Follow the given advice; reduce unnecessary budgets. Include all necessary documents that show your ties.

Wish you good luck!

Thanks. I was thinking my budget is frugal enough

What if I do it his way? Can it fly?
4. Attractions/tourism £50
Grand total. £950

For home ties, I am married for over 10yrs. With 4kids. Landed property, 2cars, and a job in an international fin institution. I have also traveled to SA over 5 times in the last 2 years. What do you think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2018
mex551:

Yes, I saw the 570k after tax salary. However, when you are dealing with UK visa, the ECOs consider your disposable income, especially when you have a family, as the amount you are able to save at the end of your monthly/recurrent expenditure. Even there is a section in the application form where you are asked about how much you spend monthly out of your post tax income. I have read at least 2 refusal letters on this forum that were based similar situation as yours. You may wish to read some pages back.

mex551:

Grand total. £950

For home ties, I am married for over 10yrs. With 4kids. Landed property, 2cars, and a job in an international fin institution. I have also traveled to SA over 5 times in the last 2 years. What do you think

This looks better than the previous one posted as long as it is less than 2 times your "disposable income" of 250k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2018
mex551:

Yes, I saw the 570k after tax salary. However, when you are dealing with UK visa, the ECOs consider your disposable income, especially when you have a family, as the amount you are able to save at the end of your monthly/recurrent expenditure. Even there is a section in the application form where you are asked about how much you spend monthly out of your post tax income. I have read at least 2 refusal letters on this forum that were based on similar situation as yours. You may wish to read some pages back.

mex551:

Grand total. £950

This iooks better than the previous one posted as long as it is less than 2 times your "disposable income" of 250k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
Greetings Great people, does a one man business owner need to pay himself or herself monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Meziea: 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please I just summited my application for a tourist Visa to uk but just discovered now that I put the date of travel on the application 14. Dec to come back 20 dec but on the hotel it’s was 14 November instead of dec and I also discovered that the hotel have been cancelled what are my chances of getting a visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by carnal: 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
pros in the house, is it possible for one to apply for a UK visa -tier 4 from united state, a nigerian citizen or the applicant must return to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Meziea: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
Meziea:
Please I just summited my application for a tourist Visa to uk but just discovered now that I put the date of travel on the application 14. Dec to come back 20 dec but on the hotel it’s was 14 November instead of dec and I also discovered that the hotel have been cancelled what are my chances of getting a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
@justwise and ekpotek n others, if a one man business can’t pay himself a fair salary? Do you suggest the submission of both business account and personal account irrespective of their balances at the time of printing. Thanks
justwise:

That section in bold will be a problem, it's important that you support any money in your account with a source of that money.

Another thing is this issue of paying yourself a salary, it makes no sense in one-man business because all the profits are yours and you can not honestly pay yourself a fair salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
Tintas:
@justwise and ekpotek n others, if a one man business can’t pay himself a fair salary? Do you suggest the submission of both business account and personal account irrespective of their balances at the time of printing. Thanks
And also how would you be able to have a direct assessment on tax to be paid ? ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Uncle, reduce food to 15 pounds per day and transportation to 22 pounds. One week bus pass is 21.20.
mex551:

Grand total. £950

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princej78: 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
pls my people I need help before I make a mistake first I am using my business license and applying as a licensed business owner I have everything except my tax clearance which I dont have and my letter of introduction I wrote a request for a visa and how long I would be spending there and also explained about the lump sums that came in July and august with invoice receipts and also told them as a business owner I dont earn a specific amount of money monthly or annually I only earn money from my trading. now its nov 4th im confused should I print from may bank statement or from June ? did I do everything right opening balance from may makes more sense than opening balance from June oh and my closing balance 1.3m also July to august more than 8 million hit my acct tho I used it for the supposed business and backed it up with invoice receipts pls answer anyone and I have landed properties stocks document im submitting all that I am submitting this week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by magastefan: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello gurus in the house please help dont ignore...I applied for a uk visa in 2009 and was denied visa I lost the visa refusal letter and I now need it as the country I applied to for study are requesting I provide my visa refusal letter. Plese how do I recover this letter from UK embassy... help a please its urgent...thank yiu
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
[Many thanks for this response @Nsiehi...God bless.

1.Pls is it for UK tourist visa?
2. first timer?
3.when did you apply?
4. Duration of stay at the hostel?
5. Budget breakdown pls?

Awaiting your response pls

quote author=Nsiehi post=72664251]

I used hostel booking and I got my 6 month visa. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by apostlejuly(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello gurus in d house, i’m Currently in the UK for my Masters and program will be ending soon.
What the possibility of applying for a phd during the remaining 3 months and getting it?

Secondly what’s the duration of a phd program here in d UK and d duration of potential visa?

Help a sister plssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arro: 1:26am On Nov 05, 2018
I had my UK visa April 2018 and it was to expire 31 Oct 2018, but I eventually entered UK 1st of Oct 2018, left UK 14th 2018, now I want to renew and I want to apply for my wife and my daughter, I need advice please, should I apply 2yrs for my self will I apply 6months for the rest of the family, since this will the their first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 4:14am On Nov 05, 2018
apostlejuly:
Hello gurus in d house, i’m Currently in the UK for my Masters and program will be ending soon.
What the possibility of applying for a phd during the remaining 3 months and getting it?

Secondly what’s the duration of a phd program here in d UK and d duration of potential visa?

Help a sister plssss

Help a sister? and you have M with your moniker. Sister, you can always get answers to your questions from your prospective schools. Will 3 month be sufficient to apply and send all required documents? Are the schools admission deadlines still open? the duration of Phd can be found on the official website? Better still go to the appropriate thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
mex551:
Hello E_Family, I want to apply for uk tourist visa in Jan for a 6 day vacation alone. Married with 4kids. Have a house and 2cars. I work in one of the financial institutions. I have travel history to SA, over 5times in the last two years. My take home is 570k monthly. Because of an ongoing project, my account has always been on 0 before now but since September , I have been leaving 250k from my salary untouched so by Jan I should have 1.25m. Will the four month account statement surface for me? or must it be 6months.?. please check below my proposed frugal expenditure
4. Attractions/tourism@15/day. (£105)
6. Miscellaneous (£250)
Grand total. £1,250)

This is just about my one month salary. Do you guys in all honesty think that this will fly?

What is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
yolemum:
Hi guys...So good to be back
Please I need your advice, I would be traveling in Dec, currently have a 5years visa...I have my younger sister living with me...she is 25years old, and I want her to travel me on the vacation, my hubby would not be on leave at that period...it would be boring travelling alone...
I intend to sponsor her trip, what her are chances of getting a visa.
She just got a job that pays 70k? Does she need a months since I'm the one sponsoring
@justwise,epotek and other great guys
Please your responses are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Getting her a visa will be a tough one because of her age and salary, though you are paying for everything but she doesn't have a strong ties to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.