Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523897 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2018
@ekpotek, justwise and other gurus in the house, pls take a look at my budget breakdown for Tourist VIsa application:

Return flight (economy) - 520GBP
Hostel (10 days) - 210GBP
Feeding - 100GBP
Intra city transport - 35GBP
Miscellaneous ( shopping, entry tickets to tourist centers and unforseen expenses) - 350GBP.
Total - 1215GBP I.e 571k

1. I'm on a salary of 350K per month after deductions.
2. Balance of over 2m
3. Married with 3 kids...Monthly spending is 250GBP.

Questions:
Is this budget ok considering my status?
AND pls let me know what and how to cut it...thinKing of reducing my stay to 6 or 8 days.

Awaiting your response guys...counting on God and NL gurus

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2018
aderemi166:

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

1.)Since I plan to travel with 2 kids, then my budget will be way above N480K as mentioned.
Please can I say my Company with closing balance of N6m will be sponsoring us? Is there any formula to use to, if a company is sponsoring.

2.)if I can make corrections with tipex, after tipex, will I write the correction with ink or type on it please?

Kindly advice

1. Since the company belongs to you. You are free to use its funds as you like. However, UKVI do not readily accept the use of company fund for pleasure trips. You will have an herculean task convincing the ECO why you seek to use company resources to fund a pleasure trip for 3 which is not business related. Anyway there is no harm in trying.

2. Use a pen to make the corrections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2018
tasho105:
@ekpotek, justwise and other gurus in the house, pls take a look at my budget breakdown for Tourist VIsa application:

Return flight (economy) - 520GBP
Hostel (10 days) - 210GBP
Feeding - 100GBP
Intra city transport - 35GBP
Miscellaneous ( shopping, entry tickets to tourist centers and unforseen expenses) - 350GBP.
Total - 1215GBP I.e 571k

1. I'm on a salary of 350K per month after deductions.
2. Balance of over 2m
3. Married with 3 kids...Monthly spending is 250GBP.

Questions:
Is this budget ok considering my status?
AND pls let me know what and how to cut it...thinKing of reducing my stay to 6 or 8 days.

Awaiting your response guys...counting on God and NL gurus

The budget is reasonable. Like I said its your ties to Nigeria to return after the visit that matter most.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2018
Ojoaccess:

Thank you sir. Please can she register it now and apply next year? What did you mean by 'references from her clients'. Their children will stay with the grandparents. Please what kind of supporting documents are you talking about?

Yes register it and apply next year.

Letters from her top client saying something about her business and her character.

If children will stay with grandparents. Then get a letter from grandparents accepting to take care of the kids while both of you are away.

Supporting documents should be those relating to the business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2018
akinkk:

Thanks for the response, as regards (2) I'm presently undergoing my NYSC which ends in March next year, I have a call up letter, posting letter stating this period and a letter of absorption from my employer stating this period as well. These wouldn't suffice?

If not, is there any other documentation I might need to prove ties to Nigeria as I only intend holidaying and getting back after 2 weeks?

Only the ECO can determine that. Me think your ties to Nigeria is very weak.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2018
galazito:

pls sir can I cut down the budget for the trip and prepare a covering letter and reapply immediately with the same docs, explaining all the inflows in my account because I had a furniture, conveyance and leave allowance that entered my account... am afraid if they will not see it as if am desperation.

Justwise and co. what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Many thanks ekpotek...God bless.
For ties, i have my job, wife and kids, 2 properties in the name of my kids.

Hope this will be enough ties
quote author=ekpotek post=72836228]

The budget is reasonable. Like I said its your ties to Nigeria to return after the visit that matter most. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
wumi247:
Good evening house and @ justwise,
I need help urgently
Please should i inform the UK I was refused USA visa earlier this year twice with no reason
I don't know if there is a way they get information from each embassy ?

Nothing but the truth. Denial from the US doesn't stop you from the UK visa if you qualify. But you must state the truth. Yes. They do share info.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inokino: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
My people,

I have tourist visiting visa to the uk and now have to attend a conference in the UK. Do I have to apply for a new business visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
galazito:

any response on this?
I have similar case with the application i did for someone, im writing against the ECO decision and submiting the application again immediately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
inokino:
My people,

I have tourist visiting visa to the uk and now have to attend a conference in the UK. Do I have to apply for a new business visiting visa?

No need. You can still use the visa if it will stiil be valid for the duration of the conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Since the company belongs to you. You are free to use its funds as you like. However, UKVI do not readily accept the use of company fund for pleasure trips. You will have an herculean task convincing the ECO why you seek to use company resources to fund a pleasure trip for 3 which is not business related. Anyway there is no harm in trying.

2. Use a pen to make the corrections.

Thanks Ekpotek!

So I will avoid using the company fund then.

1.) However, I will be paid Annual travel allowance of N550k
And if my Husband is supporting the 3 of us with like N450k-N600k, transferred into my savings(shown on the account statement), can I submit just his IDcard, data page and business card without his statement of account?

2.) Will the travel allowance and husband's contribution be seen as disposable income for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inokino: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
ekpotek:

No need. You can still use the visa if it will stiil be valid for the duration of the conference.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
folmus:

Nothing but the truth. Denial from the US doesn't stop you from the UK visa if you qualify. But you must state the truth. Yes. They do share info.

Thank you for your response

How do you apply for your child that is accompanying you on the trip. The page for payment only brought payment for my visa only. Meanwhile I included my child name on the form that we are travelling together but I could pay for myself only.
Will I fill a fresh application for him?

Secondly, my salary is not up to 100k but I have some money in saving deposited by hubby in my name. I fill am the sponsoring self. How can I account or explain the fund?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
ekpotek:

Yes register it and apply next year.

Letters from her top client saying something about her business and her character.

If children will stay with grandparents. Then get a letter from grandparents accepting to take care of the kids while both of you are away.

Supporting documents should be those relating to the business.

Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ThowLou(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2018
Good day everyone, been reading this thread for a couple of days and it's quite informative. I have two questions, one on accommodation and the other on Funding.

My friend and I intend to travel in May to London. We both have jobs and earn about N250k allowance monthly and also earn quarterly allowances and bonuses. I am not sure she would have any challenge as her aunty stays in the London and she schooled there for a year (2015-2016) and returned to Nigeria in 2016. Because we intend to travel together, the plan is to lodge with her aunty and cousins who are citizens. I know that I would have to provide accommodation info in the application form, I just want to know if it is smart to state that I will be staying with my friend's aunty while in the UK. I also want to state in the forms that I will be traveling with my friend. She would fill same thing in her form. Will this raise eyebrows? I have family in the UK but I have no plans to visit them so I don't think there is any point providing their information in the form.

Also I have a salary account with my pay slips showing tax deductions and all. The challenge is I always move funds out of my salary account to a mutual funds or investents as I do not like having money just sitting in my account. Because of this, my account balance will reflect a balance less than 50K monthly most times which is usually my upkeep money for the month.
This time I am participating in a joint contribution of N200K monthly and I feel this may be an issue with the UKVI (how can I earn N250K monthly and make a monthly contribution of N200K) I however receive quarterly allowance and half year allowance and allowance from parents which leaves me with enough upkeep money for a single lady that I am with no dependents and responsibilities whatsoever.

I have over 2million in mutual funds/other investments and have these funds readily available to me when I am ready to travel. How do I explain this to the UKVI, what documents do I need to provide to convince them of my financial capacity to fund my trip even with my low account balance. Do I need to provide investment certificates or mutual fund account statement too ? I can point these outflows from my account and show the corresponding inflow in my mutual fund account (which is maintained by me and my best friend, same friend I am traveling with. Thing is we usually contribute money when we want to travel together. She also intends to provide same document to the UKVI during her application process)

I hope this isn't so complicated and won't ruin our chances of getting a 6 months visa.

Please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantres000(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2018
Guys

I will please need your guide on how much i should declare on my UK Visa application form. I am presenting an account with N2,050,000 balance for 10 days vacation for my wife and I. Do i need to claim i will be spending all, or how much do i declare i will be spending in the form?

Secondly I have a history of two refusals .the first was cos of low funds and the second was when I got an invitation from my aunty ex husband and I was refused because in my first application I stated I don't know any body in the UK how come I now know some one. This third application,am applying at a couple and I wish to do a hotel booking. Do I need to use a power of attorney to maintain claims that I know who I was supposed to visit in the UK, but this time an not visiting him.

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by STENON(f): 11:16am On Nov 11, 2018
Please how much is priority visa for tier 4 general student? And also Health surcharge .
Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
Menakay:

I have similar case with the application i did for someone, im writing against the ECO decision and submiting the application again immediately.

Are you using the same statement of account and documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
tasho105:
Many thanks ekpotek...God bless.
For ties, i have my job, wife and kids, 2 properties in the name of my kids.

Hope this will be enough ties
quote author=ekpotek post=72836228]

The budget is reasonable. Like I said its your ties to Nigeria to return after the visit that matter most.

Well these are ties. Only the ECO can decide if they are strong enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
aderemi166:

Thanks Ekpotek!

So I will avoid using the company fund then.

1.) However, I will be paid Annual travel allowance of N550k
And if my Husband is supporting the 3 of us with like N450k-N600k, transferred into my savings(shown on the account statement), can I submit just his IDcard, data page and business card without his statement of account?

2.) Will the travel allowance and husband's contribution be seen as disposable income for the trip?

1. Who is making this payment? Is it your company? Any huge transfer by anyone including your husband to your bank account will be considered as fund lodgement for visa purpose. If this happens, you will need to include your husband 6 months bank statement and a letter from your husband stating clearly why he transferred such an amount into your bank account and for what purpose.

2. This will depend on how you can convince the ECO on the sources of the fund.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
wumi247:

Thank you for your response

How do you apply for your child that is accompanying you on the trip. The page for payment only brought payment for my visa only. Meanwhile I included my child name on the form that we are travelling together but I could pay for myself only.
Will I fill a fresh application for him?

Secondly, my salary is not up to 100k but I have some money in saving deposited by hubby in my name. I fill am the sponsoring self. How can I account or explain the fund?

Complete a separate online application form for the child and make payment accordingly.

Get a letter from your husband about the saving deposit. For the ECO to be convinced that the money come from your husband, you will also need to submit your husband statement of account in the application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Who is making this payment? Is it your company? Any huge transfer by anyone including your husband to your bank account will be considered as fund lodgement for visa purpose. If this happens, you will need to include your husband 6 months bank statement and a letter from your husband stating clearly why he transferred such an amount into your bank account and for what purpose.

2. This will depend on how you can convince the ECO on the sources of the fund.

Noted, thank you!
My company paid the money(travel allowance) + the one from my husband as support.
Kindly know that before these payments, my closing balance was xm, will it be seen as fund lodgement as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
ThowLou:
Good day everyone, been reading this thread for a couple of days and it's quite informative. I have two questions, one on accommodation and the other on Funding.

My friend and I intend to travel in May to London. We both have jobs and earn about N250k allowance monthly and also earn quarterly allowances and bonuses. I am not sure she would have any challenge as her aunty stays in the London and she schooled there for a year (2015-2016) and returned to Nigeria in 2016. Because we intend to travel together, the plan is to lodge with her aunty and cousins who are citizens. I know that I would have to provide accommodation info in the application form, I just want to know if it is smart to state that I will be staying with my friend's aunty while in the UK. I also want to state in the forms that I will be traveling with my friend. She would fill same thing in her form. Will this raise eyebrows? I have family in the UK but I have no plans to visit them so[b] I don't think there is any point providing their information in the form.[/b]

Also I have a salary account with my pay slips showing tax deductions and all. The challenge is I always move funds out of my salary account to a mutual funds or investents as I do not like having money just sitting in my account. Because of this, my account balance will reflect a balance less than 50K monthly most times which is usually my upkeep money for the month.
This time I am participating in a joint contribution of N200K monthly and I feel this may be an issue with the UKVI (how can I earn N250K monthly and make a monthly contribution of N200K) I however receive quarterly allowance and half year allowance and allowance from parents which leaves me with enough upkeep money for a single lady that I am with no dependents and responsibilities whatsoever.

I have over 2million in mutual funds/other investments and have these funds readily available to me when I am ready to travel. How do I explain this to the UKVI, what documents do I need to provide to convince them of my financial capacity to fund my trip even with my low account balance. Do I need to provide investment certificates or mutual fund account statement too ? I can point these outflows from my account and show the corresponding inflow in my mutual fund account (which is maintained by me and my best friend, same friend I am traveling with. Thing is we usually contribute money when we want to travel together. She also intends to provide same document to the UKVI during her application process)

I hope this isn't so complicated and won't ruin our chances of getting a 6 months visa.

Please advise.

1. Since you did not provide information on your quarterly allowances, it is difficult for me to evaluate your financial ties to Nigeria.
2. Sure you can state in the form you're travelling with someone. This information only come into play if both of you will be submiting a group application. If not, each applicant will be assessed based on individual present circumstances in Nigeria.
3. If you have a family in the UK, then I advise you declare them. Declaring them does not mean you must visit or stay with them.
4. Explaining these mutual investment and contribution to the ECO will be a tought task. I would suggest that you liquidate the fund you need for the visit and let it be sitting in your account at the time of application, beside submiting documents relating to your mutual investment and contribution as sources. You can provide a cover letter to ECO to justify why you liquidated the fund, that you have been saving for the trip.
5. Sure you can stay at your friend relative place, so far they provide the necessary documents such as letter of invite, council bills, utility bills, morgage bills etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
lantres000:
Guys

I will please need your guide on how much i should declare on my UK Visa application form. I am presenting an account with N2,050,000 balance for 10 days vacation for my wife and I. Do i need to claim i will be spending all, or how much do i declare i will be spending in the form?

[b]Secondly I have a history of two refusals .[/b]the first was cos of low funds and the second was when I got an invitation from my aunty ex husband and I was refused because in my first application I stated I don't know any body in the UK how come I now know some one. This third application,am applying at a couple and I wish to do a hotel booking. Do I need to use a power of attorney to maintain claims that I know who I was supposed to visit in the UK, but this time an not visiting him.

Your response will be appreciated.

1. If you have had two histories of UK refusal, you should be able to know how to draw a simple budget for a trip for 10 days vacation. Then you can come here and ask if the budget is reasonable or not.

2. If you know someone in the UK, please declare it. You do not need to visit them.
3. You use hotel accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
aderemi166:

Noted, thank you!
My company paid the money(travel allowance) + the one from my husband as support.
Kindly know that before these payments, my closing balance was 4m, will it be seen as fund lodgement as well?

Was this travel allowance paid into your personal account? Do you have documentation to support the payment of this allowance? Is it a yearly payment or what? If you're entitled to travel allowances, is it meant for business travel or pleasure travel. Without adequate documentation, the fund will be considered as fund lodgement, because it is not consistent with your cash inflow and outflow in the last 6 months.

You have a closing balance of 4m. Is the fund in your personal account or company account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
ekpotek:

Was this travel allowance paid into your personal account? Do you have documentation to support the payment of this allowance? Is it a yearly payment or what? If you're entitled to travel allowances, is it meant for business travel or pleasure travel. Without adequate documentation, the fund will be considered as fund lodgement, because it is not consistent with your cash inflow and outflow in the last 6 months.

You have a closing balance of xm. Is the fund in your personal account or company account?

Before the travel allowance was moved, from my company acct to savings acct(Dont forget I own these accounts), the closing balance in my savings was xm.

The fund is in my savings account and its shown on the statement of account and explained in the cover/breakdown note.

Husband already wrote Letter of consent/support(signed) with his Id card, business card and data page.

The travel allowance was paid in my savings account from company's account, its Annual/yearly. Its written in my employment letter.
What other documentation do you think should be provided to the effect please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek and other gurus in the house, I need directions please. I've asked this questions previously but I've not got any concrete answer on how to go about it.

I'm on tier 2 visa, I came to UK in September and will be due for child delivery in March. I want my mum to come over to support me during the period. I have no issues with applying fpr my husband and son as my employer is ready to issue a letter stating that they will support my family.

My challenge now is I'm planning to start application for my mum in December but by then, I would have just worked for 4 months.I've been reading about how people said they presented 6 months payslips, 6 months utility bills etc.

I'm presently staying in a shared apartment where we pay the agent rent with bills inclusive. How am I going to present that? I'm also planning to move to a 3-bedroom apartment later in the year in preparation to receiving my family. All these have not amounted to 6 months, I'm so worried right now.

I'm completely a novice about all these application thin, mine was done by my recruiter. I only went for biometrics and visa pick-up.
PLEASE COME TO MY AID NAIRALAND FAMILY.
Thank you as I anticipate your responses. God bless us all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantres000(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
ekpotek:

1. If you have had two histories of UK refusal, you should be able to know how to draw a simple budget for a trip for 10 days vacation. Then you can come here and ask if the budget is reasonable or not.

2. If you know someone in the UK, please declare it. You do not need to visit them.
3. You use hotel accommodation

Thank you very much i will do just that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeniyy01: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
Good evening boss,, please is it necessary for me state why i don't use SA visa in personal letter? I want to submit my application 2days time.. please advice me. Am submitting application for a visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeniyy01: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
Good evening boss,, please is it necessary for me state why i don't use SA visa in personal letter? I want to submit my application 2days time.. please advice me. Am submitting application for a visit visa. Please, is it necessary to indicate that US has refused before? Thinking of include that in my personal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeniyy01: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
Good evening boss,, please is it necessary for me state why i don't use SA visa in personal letter? I want to submit my application 2days time.. please advice me. Am submitting application for a visit visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.