Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521125 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Yes she does!

Unless she flies to the UK with Virgin or BA enroute your final destination and meets you at the airport.

She most definitely needs a UK visa to make the Journey easier for you both.

Thanks dear. Let me go and think of how I will sell my blood to afford her Direct flights or BA flights then grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Thanks dear. Let me go and think of how I will sell my blood to afford her Direct flights or BA flights then grin

Lol

Let her apply for UK visa na. She can just say she is travelling to Czech republic with her sister in UK and would like to pass through for a day or two.

In my last application, the reason I gave for wanting a (long term) UK visa was that i like passing through London anytime i am travelling.

And really, from my travel history, I pass through London when I am going to the US or even traveling to other European countries.

Maybe I got away with it because I am a frequent traveller and I have actually lived (and studied) in the UK... But she can give it a try.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashes2beauty: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
I just moved to uk, wolverhampton. I'm pregnant and would like to shop for baby things.please who know websites or shops where I can get things at a very cheap price
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Lol

Let her apply for UK visa na. She can just say she is travelling to Czech republic with her sister in UK and would like to pass through for a day or two.

In my last application, the reason I gave for wanting a (long term) UK visa was that i like passing through London anytime i am travelling.

And really, from my travel history, I pass through London when I am going to the US or even traveling to other European countries.

Maybe I got away with it because I am a frequent traveller and I have actually lived (and studied) in the UK... But she can give it a try.

You’re lucky then. This is her first time and she will may not be granted a UK visa as she’s not working or married (I just wanted to treat her). I read here that I’m not allowed to sponsor someone above 18, so I can’t even sponsor her, that’s why I was trying to dodge getting the UK visa.

Thanks jare!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsOT: 11:41am On Nov 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this information is needed but i just want to share my most recent experience in applying for uk visiting visa with you guys.

I've been visiting nairaland for a very long time now and the experiences i read on this site has helped me during various application processes, so its only fair i give back. Hope this helps.

I started my UK 5 years general visa application online early August but never completed it because i had pressing issues i needed sorting out. Finally completed it on the 23rd of august.

Here's my situation. I got married last year July, never changed my maiden name and relocated to abuja for work as a civil servant 7years ago. When applying for my new visa which expired in July 2018, i stated the following:

Married - Submitted marriage cert issued from church;

Funds - Submitted a single 30 days FD cert. of 2.5M Naira (forgot the accompanying acct. statement showing movements of the funds for a six month period) and a forex acct statement with balance of $1,500;

Job - Submitted a copy of my work ID card, 3 years payslips, 4 from each year (i know say i overdo am but i had them already so just decided to include them), offer of employment letter, confirmation letter, promotion letter, and every other thing from my office i could lay my hands on and my salary bank statement.

Sponsorship - Not sponsored. In all my previous visa applications i have always been sponsored by family, was tempted to say i will be sponsored by my husband naw (as he has a better acc. bal. + better job) but strong head nor let me;

Ties to Nigeria (property/land) - I had none, submitted none. No point lying.

Spousal ties: Submitted his bank statement, employment and promotion letters, ID card photocopy, NO property docs.

Proof of Accommodation - Wrote it in my application that i would be staying with family and included the address. I honestly forgot to submit the proof (residents bill payment) when submitting my documents as i forgot it in the car.

Address - Submitted my water bill which was not even in my name but that's all i had to show my address in naija.

Invitation - Was provided this by family but also forgot it outside the premises.

Flight booking - Forgot it outside the premises.

Also submitted my education degrees certs. as they were obtained in the UK and i hoped this would favour me positively as this was my first application self-sponsored.

All in all, on the day of biometrics, i got there too early. When waiting in my car (as them no let peson enter early) i forgot a lot of documents there. When they were finally scanning my documents for submission, i begged for 2 secs to go outside for a quick retrieval but they refused. I had to proceed with what i came in with. I became very downcast afterwards because i honestly thought i would be rejected.

Hubby did not help matters as he wanted me to apply for 2 years instead of 5 (funds issue which btw i paid myself) and was just insinuating that my application would be rejected and i would have to wait 6 months before i can reapply.

I kept hope alive by prayers men. I emailed the UKVA three days later from their website after payment of about £5 to £10 (can't remember the exact price) telling them all that happened and that i would like to resubmit the forgotten documents. Their reply was positive and that they would get back to me if the documents i mentioned were needed for my application.

Two weeks after the biometrics i received a text that my PP was ready for collection. I got the visa Glory to the Almighty alone.

I would like to also note that i have a long travel history with the UK (Previous 2 years WP and 5 years GVV) and the US as well.

My advise for people going through this is to submit as much docs as possible that can affirm your ties with naija and funds that would last well beyond your intended trip. You don't need to be a big earner, just a strict saver.

God's speed and love to you all.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
ashekmoney:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
MrsOT:
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this information is needed but i just want to share my most recent experience in applying for uk visiting visa with you guys.

I've been visiting nairaland for a very long time now and the experiences i read on this site has helped me during various application processes, so its only fair i give back. Hope this helps.

I started my UK 5 years general visa application online early August but never completed it because i had pressing issues i needed sorting out. Finally completed it on the 23rd of august.

Here's my situation. I got married last year July, never changed my maiden name and relocated to abuja for work as a civil servant 7years ago. When applying for my new visa which expired in July 2018, i stated the following:

Funds - Submitted a single 30 days FD cert. of 2.5M Naira (forgot the accompanying acct. statement showing movements of the funds for a six month period) and a forex acct statement with balance of $1,500;

Job - Submitted a copy of my work ID card, 3 years payslips, 4 from each year (i know say i overdo am but i had them already so just decided to include them), offer of employment letter, confirmation letter, promotion letter, and every other thing from my office i could lay my hands on and my salary bank statement.

Sponsorship - Not sponsored. In all my previous visa applications i have always been sponsored by family, was tempted to say i will be sponsored by my husband naw (as he has a better acc. bal. + better job) but strong head nor let me;

Spousal ties: Submitted his bank statement, employment and promotion letters, ID card photocopy, NO property docs.

Proof of Accommodation - Wrote it in my application that i would be staying with family and included the address. I honestly forgot to submit the proof (residents bill payment) when submitting my documents as i forgot it in the car.

Address - Submitted my water bill which was not even in my name but that's all i had to show my address in naija.

Invitation - Was provided this by family but also forgot it outside the premises.

Also submitted my education degrees certs. as they were obtained in the UK and i hoped this would favour me positively as this was my first application self-sponsored.

All in all, on the day of biometrics, i got there too early. When waiting in my car (as them no let peson enter early) i forgot a lot of documents there. When they were finally scanning my documents for submission, i begged for 2 secs to go outside for a quick retrieval but they refused. I had to proceed with what i came in with. I became very downcast afterwards because i honestly thought i would be rejected.

Hubby did not help matters as he wanted me to apply for 2 years instead of 5 (funds issue which btw i paid myself) and was just insinuating that my application would be rejected and i would have to wait 6 months before i can reapply.

I kept hope alive by prayers men. I emailed the UKVA three days later from their website after payment of about £5 to £10 (can't remember the exact price) telling them all that happened and that i would like to resubmit the forgotten documents. Their reply was positive and that they would get back to me if the documents i mentioned were needed for my application.

Two weeks after the biometrics i received a text that my PP was ready for collection. I got the visa Glory to the Almighty alone.

I would like to also note that i have a long travel history with the UK (Previous 2 years WP and 5 years GVV) and the US as well.

My advise for people going through this is to submit as much docs as possible that can affirm your ties with naija and funds that would last well beyond your intended trip. You don't need to be a big earner, just a strict saver.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princesschuks: 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hello house.
Please my mum wants to go on holiday in the UK. She runs her own business but it is not registered.
She has about 2.5 in her account.
She goes to China like 2/3 times a year.
She also goes to Dubai.
How can she go about it please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ponching(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
What can i do next pls.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vee2k: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello All,
I am very new here and i just need to clarify a few things. I want to speedily apply for a UK visitors visa (6 months) in order to spend 10days this Christmas period. It was an impromptu decision hence the rush.

I have a valid Canadian temporary resident visa valid for 5 years and i visited Canada for 3 weeks two months ago. I have have two expired UK visa's-One Post grad student Visa, and another Visitors Visa. I currently have a permanent Job, Considerable income. I'm Single. No property. Account balance about 2M.

My questions are :
What are my chances, Is it too late to apply for a visa ill be needing to travel by dec 22nd?
How many months bank statement do i require, 3 or 6? Can i use my employment letter and a brief introductory letter from employer for my application Coz my office only introduces you as a staff and does not include salary,role, etc in introductory letter?

Is it wise to go ahead and book for my flight or wait till i get the Visa?(Risky)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
Vee2k:
Hello All,
I am very new here and i just need to clarify a few things. I want to speedily apply for a UK visitors visa (6 months) in order to spend 10days this Christmas period. It was an impromptu decision hence the rush.

I have a valid Canadian temporary resident visa valid for 5 years and i visited Canada for 3 weeks two months ago. I have have two expired UK visa's-One Post grad student Visa, and another Visitors Visa. I currently have a permanent Job, Considerable income. I'm Single. No property. Account balance about 2M.

My questions are :
What are my chances, Is it too late to apply for a visa ill be needing to travel by dec 22nd?
How many months bank statement do i require, 3 or 6? Can i use my employment letter and a brief introductory letter from employer for my application Coz my office only introduces you as a staff and does not include salary,role, etc in introductory letter?

Is it wise to go ahead and book for my flight or wait till i get the Visa?(Risky)

If you want to make the December date, I suggest you do priority by paying extra money and you will get a decision within 5 days.

6 months bank statement, and payslips and letter of introduction from your employer. With your travel history you do not have anything to worry about.
Wait till you get the visa before paying for any flight ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
ponching:
What can i do next pls.

Sorry for the refusal. This refusal is based on the disparity between your declared earning, expenses and disposable income vis a vis the closing balances in your bank accounts. If there are are unsually deposits, you will need to explain the sources. If you earn income outside your salary and you did not declare it on the application form then the ECO is right to conclude that your savings is not in line with your disposible income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Greetings ekpotek, everyone.

Please I need clarifications. I have a pressing issue.

My mum is about to apply for 10yrs visa. She's previously had 6mnths, 2yrs, and 5yrs. But we want to apply for 10 this time since shes eligible for but someone is saying this Brexit thing may affect her. How true is this? Please bear in mind she has never defaulted/ overstayed. Always 5mnths each time she visits.

Thanks a million in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princesschuks: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2018
Someone should please assist with this. Thanks.

princesschuks:
Hello house.
Please my mum wants to go on holiday in the UK. She runs her own business but it is not registered.
She has about 2.5 in her account.
She goes to China like 2/3 times a year.
She also goes to Dubai.
How can she go about it please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatswassup: 1:37am On Nov 16, 2018
Hi guys.

I need an honest advice on this secenerio pls.

I applied for the UK visa about 4 moths ago and I was denied because, I said a family member is gonna partially pay for my trip cos i’m a student, and I forgot to include proof of support, and my account balance had no closing balance as well, I knew it was my fault cos I was so cocky and thought I would get it regardless cos I’m widely travelled.

Now, I wanna apply again and I will be sponsoring myself full time, but a family member just transferred some fund into my account. Which iapprox totals about 40% of my current closing balance Is that a red flag already? If I declare the reason for the transfer will it be okay ? Should I take out the money or just apply some other later ? Advise on what to do will be highly appreciated cos I don’t wanna risk a denial again. Thanks y’all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ayodejicrown: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

My invitation letter in my last application was just an email addressed to me... I did not include any utility bill from my host or even their passport details.

I did not have energy to get letter from my employer so I just included employment letter and pay slips for the last 6 months.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ponching(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal. This refusal is based on the disparity between your declared earning, expenses and disposable income vis a vis the closing balances in your bank accounts. If there are are unsually deposits, you will need to explain the sources. If you earn income outside your salary and you did not declare it on the application form then the ECO is right to conclude that your savings is not in line with your disposible income.

I am self employed and the account I use to run my business is my personal account. I dont have a company account although ibhave a registered business name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ponching(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2018
ekpotek:

I am self employed and the account I use to run my business is my personal account. I dont have a company account although i have a registered business name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Raalsalghul: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
MrsOT:
Hello everyone,

Inspiring.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thanks Jenny. Got mine today. Visa was issued for us.
jennyhumphrey:
Am sorry for responding late, I have been in transit and got to London last night. My son is just one so I stated that I will be babysitting him all the through the trip and he would accompany me wherever I go so no need for childcare, I also broke down his budget of 2200 pounds at 500 Naira to 1 pound, milk and cereal 50 pounds , toiletries and pampers 30 pounds, then 2’000 pounds for miscellaneous expenses for both of us. We also noted that a comfortable accommodation is to be provided by my uncle who gave us a letter of invitation. All the best in your application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
Is it true someone can travel to Mexico or Panama with their UK visa?
I also have a temporary Schengen visa if that helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vee2k: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thanks alot Ekpotek!! please some more questions, Can i do 5 months bank statements, i really want to avoid my june statement coz its a long story, and i dont want to start explaining too much(is it 6months or nothing?). Also pls, my Tbills investment of about 1.3M matured in october and was deposited by my bank, do i need to write a letter explaining this large lodgement or can i write it in the additional information section of the application form? or just let it be since the description in my statement says treasury bills. I will appreciate your response. Thank you.

ekpotek:

If you want to make the December date, I suggest you do priority by paying extra money and you will get a decision within 5 days.

6 months bank statement, and payslips and letter of introduction from your employer. With your travel history you do not have anything to worry about.
Wait till you get the visa before paying for any flight ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
OgeChukwuO:

Congratulations!
Kindly share the documents, process and how long it took on your timeline. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
OgeChukwuO:
Thank you

Congratulations!
Did you submit a new tax clearance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2018
Finesing:
Is it true someone can travel to Mexico or Panama with their UK visa?
I also have a temporary Schengen visa if that helps.

US visa will do for both. I think Panama accepts UK and Schengen visas, but that thot was from two years ago when I googled it. You can use google to check visa requirements for both countries. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 12:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Wow congratulations dear
OgeChukwuO:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by princesschuks: 3:09am On Nov 17, 2018
aderemi166:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 6:19am On Nov 17, 2018
It took me two weeks. Submitted on the 31st Oct. going for a paid family vacation sponsored by the business I run. Every document submitted was from my business even bank account. I submitted company’s receipts, invoices, pictures, flyers and bank account, letters from my business saying am emtitiled to a paid family leave, letter of introduction explaining I don’t earn salary rather I get allowance and company covers all house expenses. Also submitted my personal tax card, family pictures, letter of consent to travel with my kid, letter from her school, school fees, pictures from school, her results. Booked hotel, booked a tour slot. I didn’t submit personal statement.
aderemi166:

Congratulations!
Kindly share the documents, process and how long it took on your timeline. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 6:21am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you Sorry I did direct assessment and got a new new card in October
aderemi166:

Congratulations!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ponching(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2018
ponching:

I am self employed and the account I use to run my business is my personal account. I dont have a company account although i have a registered businness name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatswassup: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Thatswassup:
Hi guys.

I applied for the UK visa about 4 moths ago and I was denied because, I said a family member is gonna partially pay for my trip cos i’m a student, and I forgot to include proof of support, and my account balance had no closing balance as well, I knew it was my fault cos I was so cocky and thought I would get it regardless cos I’m widely travelled.

Now, I wanna apply again and I will be sponsoring myself full time, but a family member just transferred some fund into my account. Which iapprox totals about 40% of my current closing balance Is that a red flag already? If I declare the reason for the transfer will it be okay ? Should I take out the money or just apply some other later ? Advise on what to do will be highly appreciated cos I don’t wanna risk a denial again. Thanks y’all.

Hey guys, kindly help with your input on this as it is very pressing at the moment. Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2018
Thatswassup:
Hi guys.

Do you have a strong source of income that you can defend with evidence ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.