Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,996 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1511111 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
mulannoire:
Hello gurus in the house, i need your help.

I was refused a visa 2 months ago despite travel history to the UK as the officer stated he was not convinced the funds in my accounts were mine to spend ( i submitted 2 savings accs).

I was advised by an agent to run my company account and to pay myself salary each month, while also creating payslips. How accurate is this? Thanks for your time.

If you own that business then it makes no sense paying yourself a salary, the profit from that business is completely yours and should be seen as that and not salary.

Explain the source of money in your account with paper evidence and avoid using your compay’s account as the funding source of your travel. Fund the trip from your personal account and not the business one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Please folks help me analyze this refusal note, I own the company but don’t pay myself, I stated I will be paying for the trip myself because I thought the company is still me. I submitted company account with 6 months turn over of 36M, balance 1.3M personal dorm account 3 months with turn over of $44,830 balance $220. And a savings account I use to pay bills with a 3 months turn over of 1.1M, balance 11k. My aim was to fund the trip from my company account, travel date is 27th December.
Travel history, Russia, SA 3 times, UAE, Kenya, Ghana. Even though I submitted reference letter stating I am a sole signatory to the company account. I was still refused.
I am filling a new form stating company will be funding the trip and I will transfer the sum to my savings account with payment reference stating “for UK trip”. I aim to use priority service so I can get a decision earlier. Please advice. Travel date is 27 December.
I don’t pay myself salary nor keep savings because I believe this is beneficial to banks, instead I reinvest my profit and tranfer out of my account for personal use whenever I want to.
I am married with kids and I also submitted 4 landed docs with combined purchase amount of 32M. Please should I just move about 1.2M to my saving and write a letter on my company letter head stating the money is for my trip to UK.

You don’t have enough money to fund this trip and you can’t fund the trip from your company’s account because that is purely for your business. The balance in your personal accounts are not enough to make this trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pax619: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
I used to go to Benin republic and I stamp my passport. I stamped my passport 7 times. Does this count as travel expirence?

I noticed today that I did not stamp exit at the Benin side the last time I went. Won't this affect me as I plan to apply for the UK visa next year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eayobami: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
justwise:

I have gone back to check my statement and the transaction questioned was a cash transfer and not cash deposit and it was 1,634,600 and not 1,534,600 as stated by the ECO. And my submitted statement didn't end on may also as stated by the ECO in the refusal letter. The fund was for a supply I did for a band to acquire musical instruments for them . my statement of account shows the outflow of what I paid my dealer to supply me the goods and the invoice that I was issued. I also issued a receipt to them for the money I was paid. Both of this invoices was part of my application and also the transfer slip I used for that transfer to my dealer. The money wasn't lodged, I only made 140k profit from that transaction. Prior to that march I was paid 2.3m for an installation I did for a church and I also included the receipt I got for the equipments I bought. That 2.3m wasn't questioned at all.

Please what other ways can one prove source of find apart from receipts and invoices looking at the nature of sound engineering job being informal. Just a phone call , negotiate price, submit list and you get paid.

Please I want to reapply asap.. My fiancé is coming to Nigeria this weekend and we plan going back together for the Christmas and new year holiday.
Thanks.
If these mistakes by the ECO are true then reapply anytime and point out those mistakes in a letter clearly pointing out those mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eayobami: 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
justwise:

If these mistakes by the ECO are true then reapply anytime and point out those mistakes in a letter clearly pointing out those mistakes.
I have gone back to check my statement and the transaction questioned was a cash transfer and not cash deposit and it was 1,634,600 and not 1,534,600 as stated by the ECO. And my submitted statement didn't end on may also as stated by the ECO in the refusal letter. The fund was for a supply I did for a band to acquire musical instruments for them . my statement of account shows the outflow of what I paid my dealer to supply me the goods and the invoice that I was issued. I also issued a receipt to them for the money I was paid. Both of this invoices was part of my application and also the transfer slip I used for that transfer to my dealer. The money wasn't lodged, I only made 140k profit from that transaction. Prior to that march I was paid 2.3m for an installation I did for a church and I also included the receipt I got for the equipments I bought. That 2.3m wasn't questioned at all.

Please what other ways can one prove source of find apart from receipts and invoices looking at the nature of sound engineering job being informal. Just a phone call , negotiate price, submit list and you get paid.

Please I want to reapply asap.. My fiancé is coming to Nigeria this weekend and we plan going back together for the Christmas and new year holiday.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Explain the source of money in your account with paper evidence and avoid using your compay’s account as the funding source of your travel. Fund the trip from your personal account and not the business one.
I think thats same thing he want to do.

Transfer or pay in a certain amount each month from his profits/company account to personal account. Reapply using funds from personal account as opposed to company account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

If you own that business then it makes no sense paying yourself a salary, the profit from that business is completely yours and should be seen as that and not salary.

Thank you very much @Justwise...you are too kind. I still have a few questions pls bear with me.
1. Do i transfer funds from coy acc to my savings anytime i want?

2. My biz is service based and is usually sealed via verbal agreements. What paper evidence do i submit in this case. Do i need to create evidence for every significant deposit in my corporate acc?

3. Do i submit my CAC docs/corporate acc to show ownership of business?

4. Must all significant deposits in my savings be from my corporate acc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2018
justwise:

It might not be the ECO's error. Since they introduced the idea of scanning documents at TLS, the staff there are known to make mistakes and mis-match people's documents.

It goes beyond applying. One has to be eagle-eyed while there. Ensure the staff attending to you is fully alert and there are no distractions whatsoever. Watch as they scan your documents and ensure its the right ones.

I agree he should re-apply asap though if hes truly sure he does not have said deposit in his account. In the space for other information in the form, he should point out that he was wrongly adjudged in his previous application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2018
ifyalways:

Transfer or pay in a certain amount each month from his profits/company account to personal account. Reapply using funds from personal account as opposed to company account

Thank you @Ifyalways. If i understand correctly, i should transfer funds every month from corporate acc to savings but not label it as salary? So it doesn't have to be a fixed amount?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thank you so much
stefanimay:

I doubt the person would be rejected based on that only. .. All the embassy needs is proof of accommodation i.e to be sure that the family in d uk lives in that apartment.. They don't care how many people live there, as long as you don't mention it in your application... My two cents..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
justwise:

I doubt that
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
aderemi166:

Congratulations Madam!

1.) Kindly confirm if you submitted tax card or receipts,

2.) Did you receive a "Not Straightforward mail"?

3.) Is Ikeja centre opened now? Please confirm if the collection was from there.

Congratulations again.

AlhamduliLlah Robil Alamin!...
All Praise belongs to Almighty God!

Got " not straightforward" mail on the 26th Nov.
Visa issued on the 28th Nov.
Passport collected today, 30th Nov.
10days processing, first timer, friend&family visit...

Though, I submitted for my Two kids and I together.
Yet to receive mine and one of my daughter's passport.

Very hopeful...
80% Relieved!
God did it!
Thanks for your contributions @epkotek and others.
Will share my story soon.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
mulannoire:

Thank you @Ifyalways. If i understand correctly, i should transfer funds every month from corporate acc to savings but not label it as salary? So it doesn't have to be a fixed amount?
It should be a fixed amount and it does not matter if you label it as salary or not. Do remember to mention in the form (other information) that you pay yourself this amount monthly from the company profits.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MaBuk(f): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
Please i will be travelling from Nigeria to Kenya (Spend 5 days in Kenya) then from Kenya to Uk then Uk to Nigeria. Please what is required to enter Uk from Kenya. Do they need vacination document or any other document. I am a first timer in this. I need help on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
ifyalways:

The money has to be his profit and not just transferring money from business account to personal one else he will weaken his tie to Nigeria which is his business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
mulannoire:

Thank you very much @Justwise...you are too kind. I still have a few questions pls bear with me.
1. Do i transfer funds from coy acc to my savings anytime i want?

2. My biz is service based and is usually sealed via verbal agreements. What paper evidence do i submit in this case. Do i need to create evidence for every significant deposit in my corporate acc?

3. Do i submit my CAC docs/corporate acc to show ownership of business?

4. Must all significant deposits in my savings be from my corporate acc?

1. Don't just transfer money to your personal account, make sure that you are not transferring your business money to personal account just for the travel because it will reduce your tie to Nigeria which is your business, if little money is left in business account then you have nothing to come back to Nigeria for which is the whole ideal of tie to home country.

2. You have to explain that in the for if there is no paper evidence.

3. Yes

4. Yes.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
ifyalways:

It should be a fixed amount and it does not matter if you label it as salary or not. Do remember to mention in the form (other information) that you pay yourself this amount monthly from the company profits.

You can't pay yourself a salary when you run one-man business because all profit is yours. Better to transfer the money to personal account as profit and not salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
MaBuk:
Please i will be travelling from Nigeria to Kenya (Spend 5 days in Kenya) then from Kenya to Uk then Uk to Nigeria. Please what is required to enter Uk from Kenya. Do they need vacination document or any other document. I am a first timer in this. I need help on this.

All you need is your passport and ticket, no vaccination is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
eayobami:

Thanks.

Like i said before reapply and point out those mistakes you noticed and explain another transaction in that account that you did not explain before.

Most importantly address those issues raised by the ECO in that refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Good Evening everyone. Please i need some clarification on the checklist. I suppose not all the items in the checklist should be provided rather only the one that concerns you. please can someone shed more light?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 12:14am On Dec 01, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

You can't pay yourself a salary when you run one-man business because all profit is yours. Better to transfer the money to personal account as profit and not salary.

In running a business, you need to pay yourself a salary and properly categorize the rest as profit. The profit can be invested, reinvested in the business or spent, up to the owner. But you need to recognize a salary for yourself as part of your operational expenses. It's Entrepreneur 101.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 12:32am On Dec 01, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Thank you @Justwise @ ifyalways.

If i make about 500k monthly (fluctuates)...can i pay 350k as profit into my savings monthly?

I have 2 savings and intend to split the 350k with one part going to my proper savings acc.

Pls bear with me i know my questions are plenty embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:57am On Dec 01, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Nay, you can and should. All profit is not yours to spend . The right term though is owners draw not salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 1:01am On Dec 01, 2018
mulannoire:

If i make about 500k monthly (fluctuates)...can i pay 350k as profit into my savings monthly?

I have 2 savings and intend to split the 350k with one part going to my proper savings acc.

1. Do a direct transfer from the compsny account, not cash deposit. If you are making 500K or thereabouts as profit monthly, half of it is enough as your personal money to spend on whatever u want. Leave the rest in your corporate account.

2. The less the better. Use one savings account.

Note you will still need to present a healthy company account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2018
@Justwise @ifyalways @blank i thank you guys so very much. Your advice is very much appreciated. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2018
kokoli:
Good Evening everyone. Please i need some clarification on the checklist. I suppose not all the items in the checklist should be provided rather only the one that concerns you. please can someone shed more light?

Which item on the checklist are you planning to leave out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Dec 01, 2018
blank:

In running a business, you need to pay yourself a salary and properly categorize the rest as profit. The profit can be invested, reinvested in the business or spent, up to the owner. But you need to recognize a salary for yourself as part of your operational expenses. It's Entrepreneur 101.

Paying yourself a salary in one man business and still put aside profit is cheating yourself. Your net profit is yours and part of it can be reinvested and the remaining goes to personal use eg traveling.

How do you determine how much to pay yourself and why would the ECO believe you that you truly worth that amount ? You wouldn’t have such problem if that money is declared as profit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2018
My
mulannoire:

My question to you is this.. is 350k truly your profit and can you support that with evidence?

All you are trying to do here is to eat the chicken and the egg.

How much do you have in your business account? What is your gross profit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2018
ifyalways:

Nay, you can and should. All profit is not yours to spend . The right term though is owners draw not salary.

Net profit is your to spend on whatever you like because it doesn’t affect the running of the business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aderemi166: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hello Everyone

AlhamduliLlah Robil Alamin...
Welldone Ekpotek, Justwise and others, for the selfless service being rendered on this platform.
#LongPost
Hope some persons will benefit from this post:

I applied for uk Visit Visas for myself and my two kids, and we were all given #Praise

-All 6 months
-First timer applicants
-Have other International travel histories(2)
-Self Employed, earn N240k monthly

Timeline is as follows:
-Submitted Online applications(3) on the 1st Nov. 2018;

-Biometrics was done at the TLSContact Ikeja on 13 Nov. 2018;

-Emails received from TLS that applications have been transferred to Sheffield for processing on 13 Nov. 2018;

-Emails from UKVI Sheffield informing that our online applications have been received on 16 Nov. 2018;

-Emails from UKVI Sheffield informing that applications "not straightforward" on 26 Nov. 2018 #Headache(But really it's just a verification mail)

-Emails from TLSContact Ikeja informing that one of the passports(Daughter's) is ready for collection on 29 Nov. 2018(what?! After 10 working days! #WasAfraid);

-I picked up "one" of the 3 passports at the TLSContact Ikeja on 30 Nov. 2018 and found it stamped with Visa (Positive about the two)

-Got mails informing us that the two other passports are ready for collection on 30 Nov. 2018, but left the centre by then(3:30pm)

-Visa Issued on the 28 Nov. 2018

Supporting Documents are as follows:
Kids:
-Int'l Passports
-Birth Certificates
-School fees receipts
-Recent School Results
-Introduction letters from their school

Documents from my end:
Ours:
-Int'l Passport
-Printed Online Application Checklist
-Passport photographs(not collected, so don't bother)
-2 Statement of Accounts(6months)
-Bank Reference letter
-Properties documents
-Family Photos in A4 (picmix of cool
-Introduction Letter from place of work(My Company)
-Consent letter from Father
-Expenses breakdown letter(keep low budget)
•Cost of Flight•Attractions•Shopping •Transport
-Printed Summary of financial inflow&Inflows/Cover letter #VeryImportant
-Tenancy Agreement
-Marriage certificate
-Tax Clearance (3 diff. years) because it's my Company.
-Cover note stating some corrections on my submitted online application
-Ongoing House Project pictures (ties)
-Sales receipts

Got these documents from my Friend who invited us:
-BioData page
-Statement of Account (6months)
-Invitation letter
-Confirmation letter from his office
-Payslip(6months)
-Office IDcard

Total pages were more than 65pages, much! But never mind.

Note:
-Don't risk it by submitting NEW tax receipts, I paid for tax a day before my Biometric (don't submit fake ones)
-You can make corrections with tipex and write with ink, to correct the online application and ensure they scan it.
-Make sure all documents are in A4 paper size eg: the receipts, photos etc
-Dont make extra copies/photocopies if you have the originals in A4, the documents will be scanned and returned to you. Concentrate while scanning to ensure they are all scanned and returned
-Explain every huge payments on your 6month account statement with evidences
-I paid myself yearly Travel allowance to cover the kids' expenses(another disposable income), from my Company's account to Personal account,
I ensure the payment shows on both Account statements and mentioned in my Employment letter and Cover letter
-Ensure you have money in your Personal account to cover your travel allowance and after the trip

Got most of these points on this platform...Very helpful

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeniyy01: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
I don't own a company, am employed as stated in my application, my gross earning 260k but after deductions.. i get 220k , if i collect i o u it will be deducted as well.. if i win contract for my company 5% of the d profit would also be addede to my salary. So i don't have fixed amount for salary inflow. For instance, july, i got 182k which i used to filled my application as my salary, Aug 262, Sept 220k, oct 270, nov. 300k all this raising ws based on contract won. Nd immediately i get my salary, i transfer 150 or 120k to my brother for monthly contributions we do, pay for some local bills.. i drained my acct in oct due to my wife business (not registered biz tho) nd she was d one who deposited 500k to my acct for boosting to print statement.. i want to reapply Jan or feb. Please what's your advice.. ? I also fell victim to those lawyer at collection center who i paid 40k to write against my refusal.. i called her to stop while u guys advised me not to.. but she said, she has sent letter already. 3hours after giving her money . I don't know what she sent tho. I pray she doesn't wrt ribbish. My hope please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
justwise:

Which item on the checklist are you planning to leave out?

Thanks Justwise for your feedback. i intend leaving out the evidence of properties owned, tenency agreement and the likes. please note that I did not indicate in my application thay I owned any property rather I indicated savings which I have my bank statement and investment certificates to back it up with. I started that where I live is a rented place and not owned. hope it won't have any adverse effect. I didn't put those in my previous application done via the old application portal.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.