Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521106 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2018
submitted my online visa application form yesterday.
Just going through my account now and discovered I mistakenly clicked on "premium lounge service"

Pls how can I chage to normal service as i honestly cannot afford the premium longe service.

Cc justwise and others
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gideonaigbe(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2018
tasho105:
PLS HELP!
I submitted my online visa application form yesterday.
Just going through my account now and discovered I ma stake nay clicked on "premium lounge service"

Pls how can I chage to normal service as i honestly cannot afford the premium longe service.

Cc justwise and others
Thanks
some thing similar happened to me...mine was prime time... I don't know how to cancel it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
We need to find out a way to cancel...Gurus on the house pls help.
Premium service is £89...lots of cash at this time.

Gideonaigbe:

some thing similar happened to me...mine was prime time... I don't know how to cancel it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shawlar(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
aderemi166:

Yes please, all documents, receipts and pictures must be in A4 for scanning, if not it will be returned without been scanned.

How? I used PicsArt App on my phone to merge 6 different pictures, saved it on a flash drive to print it out on A4 paper (in colour) from a Biz Centre shop.

Thank you for this info

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
Just sent a mail to TLS customer care. Takes 3 working days to respond.

Pls what/how else can i contact them to cancle the premiun lounge.
quote author=Gideonaigbe post=73570641]
some thing similar happened to me...mine was prime time... I don't know how to cancel it.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
Menakay:

I have similar case with the application i did for someone, im writing against the ECO decision and submiting the application again immediately.
Back to this said application.
See attached notice of refusal and my response to the reasons for denying the visa which was re submitted immediately and after 11 working days the visa was issued and collected today.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2018
Domistic:
Dear Justwise. Many thanks for ur prompt response. . My other questions
1. Should I write in official Coy letterhead to ECO stating that 2.55m from the Coy 2018 profit will be used for family vacation.
2. Check the following proposed expenses and see if it's prudent for a family of 6 ( husband,wife and 4 kids)
Return tickets 2943 pounds
Accomodation for 6 nights 780 pounds
Tourism 300 pounds
Feeding 600 pounds
Transport 300 pounds
Miscellaneous 600 pounds
Total 5502 pounds that's about 2.56m.

Is this much for a family of 6?

How long is this trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2018
kokoli:
Good day people. please stating that one intends spending 1480GBP on a 10 days visit even though the amount is not up to twice the monthly salary. is it ok or is it safer to reduce it to probably 1300GBP? Please note that I will be staying in a hotel,feed myself,pay for transport, sight see ,shop Is it also absolutelly necessary I do a budget breakdown?Kindly advise urgently..

If your two months salary is above that figure then good but you need to breakdown how you will be spending that money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
bencowhite:

Dear Justwise

This is a tough call.

We spent so much on our application and going to apply again? Hmmm

Anyway, now that we appealed and we are not sure of when they will respond, can we go ahead and apply for a visiting Visa as have been doing before now?

The one we are appealing is settlement Visa. My daughter and I have been visiting before we made our application for settlement because my husband got his ILR. We had thought that we wont have any issues applying to join him but unfortunately we were denied. We really would like to visit him that is why i need your advise on what to do next since we dont have the finance for now to reapply for settlement

Will the on going appeal affect our application for visit?

Yes its costly and painful to spend such amount twice even if you have the money, i closed family member went through the same process recently and reapplied with priority service and it came out in a month.

You can apply for visiting visa since you have a good immigration record and its important that you explain your situation in a letter to the ECO. That you have no intention to abuse the privilege if given the visa to visit your husband with your kid while you wait for the outcome of the appeal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
tasho105:
PLS HELP!
I submitted my online visa application form yesterday.
Just going through my account now and discovered I ma stake nay clicked on "premium lounge service"

Cc justwise and others
Thanks

Why not contact them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
can treasury bills certificates, money market fund certificates with a backup letter from the bank saying the money can be liquidated anytime be presented with statement of bank account to show financial proof
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
Many thanks for your response.
Have contacted them through mail.
quote author=justwise post=73584914]

Why not contact them?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gideonaigbe(m): 12:10am On Dec 06, 2018
tasho105:
Many thanks for your response. Have contacted them through mail. quote author=justwise post=73584914]
Why not contact them?
can I please have the mailing address

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:00am On Dec 06, 2018
tasho105:
submitted my online visa application form yesterday.
Just going through my account now and discovered I mistakenly clicked on "premium lounge service"

Cc justwise and others
Thanks

I was in their office yesterday and there were at least 2 people who made the same mistake as you did... They had to pay the 42,000N before they were attended to... It was either that or miss your appointment and reschedule, which would also have cost 42k. I don’t know how to cancel it but their website says refunds will only be processed if you cancel at least 5 days before your appointment; so I hope yours is more than 5 days away...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2018
Good morning @justwise and the guru in the house,

Help me what should I do about my application that i just collected but I and my child was refused 6 months visa due to the reasons stated below .
The money printed on my money market is for my hubby,it is what they paid when they laid him off from work. He just got a job after a year that was why we didn't apply as family but I am the one with the said money in money market in my name.

In their conclusion they said I don't have right of appeal and review .
Please find attached below.
Thanks

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
Waooow, to me i think you nearly got the Visa. but just because the fund is not readily available in the savings account i guess.

i think if you have collected a backup letter from the MMF that you can liquidate the funds with them anytime or the fund is readily availabe, it would have been a GOAL for you

wumi247:

Help me what should I do about my application that i just collected but I and my child was refused 6 months visa due to the reasons stated below .
The money printed on my money market is for my hubby,it is what they paid when they laid him off from work. He just got a job after a year that was why we didn't apply as family but I am the one with the said money in money market in my name.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
@Menakay,

can someone budget 2170 pounds for 2 persons, hope its reasonable

Menakay:

I ll advice u look for a transit flight that will be cheaper, book hostel accommodation and put £400 for your living expenses, by doing this u will reduce the cost of the trip. U can get 10days hostel accommodation in London for less than £200
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
opomulero:
Waooow, to me i think you nearly got the Visa. but just because the fund is not readily available in the savings account i guess.

i think if you have collected a backup letter from the MMF that you can liquidate the funds with them anytime or the fund is readily availabe, it would have been a GOAL for you

I did ,infact in the letter it was stated clearly that I can liquidate all or partially if the need arises
What should do now gurus in the house?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
Well maybe she overlooked that letter and refused to take consideration of that.

you can reapply emphasizing on the MMF letter or better still liquidate the MMF let them credit you and back the deposit up with document and explain it to them in a cover letter.

I think with this it should be a GOAL since its only funds they used in denying you

wumi247:

I did ,infact in the letter it was stated clearly that I can liquidate all or partially if the need arises
What should do now gurus in the house?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2018
wumi247:

Thanks

Reapply only if you can explain why u are spending 26 times of your monthly income which is 2yrs 2mnt on just 11 days visit

Spending 5months of monthly income sef dey raise flag not to talk of spending 26months.

My opinion thou
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
oluayebenz:

Reapply only if you can explain why u are spending 26 times of your monthly income which is 2yrs 2mnt on just 11 days visit

Spending 5months of monthly income sef dey raise flag not to talk of spending 26months.

My opinion thou

@ oluyebenz
What do you advise I do about it
The said money is my hubby money but it's in my account. Although he wants us to go on vacation with part of it.

How soon can I reapply

Should I use invitation letter from a friend this time because I did hotel reservation for this application.

S
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
Gideonaigbe:
hello everyone on here,
Am a student from uniabuja,23 years of age and will be sponsored completely by my step brother in UK,he has sent his tenancy papers, bank statements, passport etc.
I also have my admission letter, screening form,proofs to show am a school and my school is currently on holidays, am also trying to convince them that I shall return by Jan 6 before my school resumption.
am trying to apply for UK visa but am having little issues understanding how to fill the form like
.how much does my sponsor intend spending in total for my trip etc,
pls if u feel there's any other papers I can add to support the application u can as help and also help on advice on how to fill the form as I haven't summited.

hello Gideonaigbe I would like to know the documents u submitted. thankx�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Domistic: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
justwise:

How long is this trip?

7 days. Family of 6
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
My opinion is that you could have allowed your husband to sponsor you i.e the money sitting in his account and not yours. UKVI do not query sponsor’s accounts.
wumi247:

@ oluyebenz
The said money is my hubby money but it's in my account. Although he wants us to go on vacation with part of it.

How soon can I reapply

Should I use invitation letter from a friend this time because I did hotel reservation for this application.

S
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hello All,

I came across this deal on Klm and actually bought my ticket today, it was ridiculously cheap as it was just about 214k with only 1 hour 20 mins layover at Amsterdam.

Those travelling in February, March, April, May etc can also check.

Thought to let us know

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shadyz: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2018
Menakay:

Back to this said application.
See attached notice of refusal and my response to the reasons for denying the visa which was re submitted immediately and after 11 working days the visa was issued and collected today.
how did u go abt this??who was the letter addressed to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
wumi247:

Thanks

You over budgeted for the trip, even if your husband is sponsoring you spending such amount on a few days trip is just insane.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2018
Domistic:
Dear Justwise. Many thanks for ur prompt response. . My other questions
1. Should I write in official Coy letterhead to ECO stating that 2.55m from the Coy 2018 profit will be used for family vacation.
2. Check the following proposed expenses and see if it's prudent for a family of 6 ( husband,wife and 4 kids)
Return tickets 2943 pounds
Accomodation for 6 nights 780 pounds
Tourism 300 pounds
Feeding 600 pounds
Transport 300 pounds
Miscellaneous 600 pounds
Total 5502 pounds that's about 2.56m.

Is this much for a family of 6?

1. Yes you can do that

2. Leave out Miscellaneous to reduce your budget so as to have a healthy balance after expenditure.

You still need to present your salary account and payslips(6months each) and that of your wife.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wumi247: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
justwise:

You over budgeted for the trip, even if your husband is sponsoring you spending such amount on a few days trip is just insane.

Please @justwise what should I do now?

Is it possible for my husband to write and inform them that the money is actually his but gave me to save for him and he also gave his authoriazation for us to spend part of the money for the trip

Referring to my money that my monthly expenses is too small, it's because my hubby foot the bills in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2018
wumi247:

@ oluyebenz

How soon can I reapply

Let your husband sponsor you and he should submit accurate documents.
Then he must explain the source of that money with paper evidence.
I hope his monthly income is sufficient enough? He shouldn't spend more than 3 or highest 4 months of his income.

Stick with the hotel reservation or hostel

S

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.