Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524025 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 3:49am On Dec 13, 2018
Your bank statement from where the funds for the money market investment was drawn on and probably a letter from your bank stating you're debt free.

Desore:

Thank You.

How can i prove that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 6:12am On Dec 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I know @the bolded is a lie, a big one, but I will leave you to your conscience.... And you say you are speaking against misrepresentation oh! Then you are using fraudulent means to buttress your point, good for you sir/Ma.

Our moderator very likely know this is a fat lie that constitutes misrepresentation of a high order, because it is capable of defrauding the minds of readers to support your argument. But he is allowing you go scotfree without caution, good too....
Actually it’s a real occurrence. The fact that not everyone’s account is routinely checked does not mean they don’t check. Maybe you should pick up a visa application guideline and read the fine print . The ECO reserves the right to ring your bank and ask for your account details, the bank then gets in touch with you and seeks your permission to provide same to the ECO. And if you refuse that’s an automatic refusal anyway. The person may be lucky and they don’t check but it’s false representation all the same because the funds you claim is for the trip is truly not available to you for that purpose.
If this becomes a trend and they find out that each time they have cause to check a Nigerian’s account the money supposedly available for the trip has been withdrawn they’ll only make the applications harder and Na we go still come here come cry foul.
But What do I know? Each to what they believe is right.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2018
bigtt76:
Your bank statement from where the funds for the money market investment was drawn on and probably a letter from your bank stating you're debt free.

Thank you, my salary statement of account clearly shows the money was going to the Investment account.

Please is the letter going to be from my investment account or from my salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2018
From your bank (Salary account)

Desore:

Thank you, my salary statement of account clearly shows the money was going to the Investment account.

Please is the letter going to be from my investment account or from my salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks a bunch . God bless you.
OgeChukwuO:
I put 12,500 pounds yearly. Also submitted a letter from my coy accountant saying am on allowances. All rent, house expenses and travels are handled by my coy my business account also showed consistent transfer of monthly allowance of 500k or more to my personal account. I didn’t submit my personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2018
Uglyduckling:

Actually it’s a real occurrence. The fact that not everyone’s account is routinely checked does not mean they don’t check. Maybe you should pick up a visa application guideline and read the fine print . The ECO reserves the right to ring your bank and ask for your account details, the bank then gets in touch with you and seeks your permission to provide same to the ECO. And if you refuse that’s an automatic refusal anyway. The person may be lucky and they don’t check but it’s false representation all the same because the funds you claim is for the trip is truly not available to you for that purpose.
If this becomes a trend and they find out that each time they have cause to check a Nigerian’s account the money supposedly available for the trip has been withdrawn they’ll only make the applications harder and Na we go still come here come cry foul.
But What do I know? Each to what they believe is right.

I understand your position, not bad. I however have not said they don’t confirm bank statements, not at all, I understand the workings of that quite alright. What I’m saying is that the bank statement confirmation can not get past the last transaction on that bank statement. As long as the inflow, outflows and balance on it works, that will be it. The statement submitted is all they have power to confirm and not what happened thereafter! It is only when they ask for a new bank statement that you may then likely have issues if you can’t give a reasonable explanation of why the account was depleted. Even if it were depleted on same day you printed the bank statement, as long as your transactions thereafter were still in order per how it has always been with inflows and outflows, you hardly will have issues, especially if your account balance still makes sense when requested for afresh.

That they confirmed from the bank about further transactions that took place on the account can not be correct please, needless to say it’s a lie that applications were denied because they now knew you used the money. It’s a lie! That is outside the purview of their “power”.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I understand your position, not bad. I however have not said they don’t confirm bank statements, not at all, I understand the workings of that quite alright. What I’m saying is that the bank statement confirmation can not get past the last transaction on that bank statement. As long as the inflow, outflows and balance on it works, that will be it. The statement submitted is all they have power to confirm and not what happened thereafter! It is only when they ask for a new bank statement that you may then likely have issues if you can’t give a reasonable explanation of why the account was depleted. Even if it were depleted on same day you printed the bank statement, as long as your transactions thereafter were still in order per how it has always been with inflows and outflows, you hardly will have issues, especially if your account balance still makes sense when requested for afresh.

That they confirmed from the bank about further transactions that took place on the account can not be correct please, needless to say it’s a lie that applications were denied because they now knew you used the money. It’s a lie! That is outside the purview of their “power”.

ECO has jurisdiction on only submitted documents. They do verification on what is submitted. They go ahead to verify only submitted documents. ECO wouldn't have asked for statement print out if they needed to verify beyond the submission date. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Agbaletu: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2018
Ijeshalomo:

ECO has jurisdiction on only submitted documents. They do verification on what is submitted. They go ahead to verify only submitted documents. ECO wouldn't have asked for statement print out if they needed to verify beyond the submission date. Thanks
Correct!
You are on the same page with him.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hi @jennyhumphrey @justwise and any other experienced person here.

I want to apply for tier 2 visa for myself, hubby and kids.

I have a query regarding my first child's birth certificate. She's 4yrs old now, but I got her NPC birth certificate about a year ago when she was 3 yrs old. Prior to this time, we used her baptism card as proof of birth (it was gotten when she was a month old and contains her names and the names of us her parents).

I read that late birth certificate (over a year after birth) could raise eyebrows.

Note that my other child [sub][/sub]got her birth certificate within a year of birth.

I have sworn an affidavit in the high court stating that I'm her biological mother, and that the NPC issues birth certificate to children between 0 to 18 years.

I'm planning to include her baptism card, birth certificate, immunization card and the affidavit in her application.

Pls do you think it's okay? Or should I just submit only the birth certificate and pray no issues are raised?

The visa fees are to expensive to risk a rejection.

Pls prompt advise is needed here.

Thank you all.

jennyhumphrey:
I included an affidavit stating that I am his mother sworn at the high court, included more pictures from his birth till date( I included this in the first application but I don't know why they ignored it )addressed the reason why the birth certificate was obtained late in my additional information then included a cover letter explaining same in details, I gave example of my own birth certificate which was obtained late as the norm in the country and I also outlined how his welfare will be sorted in the UK in the cover letter. Also pray, pray and pray. All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teabully(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
ab4m:
I feel I have cause a lot of arguments regarding account issue and thought it's better to share the outcome of my application.
Just collect my passport back now and Visa issue.
Below are my submission.

All my CAC document
TCC with nil payment for three years assessment
Three different share certificate
One building plan and two landed property
Wife and daughter birth certificate
Personal Bank account with 1.7m balance though account run well, 11m transaction in 6 months
Plan to spend 700k for the trip
Virgin passport

A friend of mine who is an agent help with the application and suggest I leave minimum of 1m balance in the account till decision made.

My experience, what matter most is the turnover on your account.
thanks for this update

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Hi @jennyhumphrey @justwise and any other experienced person here.

I want to apply for tier 2 visa for myself, hubby and kids.

I have a query regarding my first child's birth certificate. She's 4yrs old now, but I got her NPC birth certificate about a year ago when she was 3 yrs old. Prior to this time, we used her baptism card as proof of birth (it was gotten when she was a month old and contains her names and the names of us her parents).

I read that late birth certificate (over a year after birth) could raise eyebrows.

Note that my other child [sub][/sub]got her birth certificate within a year of birth.

I have sworn an affidavit in the high court stating that I'm her biological mother, and that the NPC issues birth certificate to children between 0 to 18 years.

I'm planning to include her baptism card, birth certificate, immunization card and the affidavit in her application.

Pls do you think it's okay? Or should I just submit only the birth certificate and pray no issues are raised?

The visa fees are to expensive to risk a rejection.

Pls prompt advise is needed here.

Thank you all.

That is perfectly ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2018
Thank you! @justwise

justwise:

That is perfectly ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ichiego: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2018
Dear Justwise, please I'd like to know what documents would be required if it's a company that is sponsoring a student to go do his MSc in the UK and if there is a list of companies recognised by the embassy.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Can somebody please help me torch light this matter. This refusal was based on not providing evidence of relationship. They submitted Birth certificates and plenty pictures. What else were they to submit please?
Is there a way to address this?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
customised87:
Can somebody please help me torch light this matter. This refusal was based on not providing evidence of relationship. They submitted Birth certificates and plenty pictures. What else were they to submit please?
I feel that where you made a mistake was in not supplying to the ECO, evidence of your communications with your brother, like emails, whatsapp messages that has span over years. That's a great way of showing a relationship. Let gurus in the house throw more insight. My 10kobo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ichiego: 12:45am On Dec 15, 2018
Ichiego:
Dear Justwise, please I'd like to know what documents would be required if it's a company that is sponsoring a student to go do his MSc in the UK and if there is a list of companies recognised by the embassy.

Thank you.

I need help with this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 3:13am On Dec 15, 2018
sashaa:
Hi Everyone, I'm about to apply for a visit visa but will like to know what and what I'll need to be physically present for and if it's only in Lagos too. I stay in the east and my work schedule is not flexible so i need to know before hand so i can plan properly.
Please assist with this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
Refusal was based on the no evidence of relationship with the brother in the UK. Was there any letter of invitation from the brother? Did they include any email correspondence with him? Did he also send his bank statement and mortgage statement?

customised87:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2018
It's difficult to state what document(s) you need to provide because it all depends on what you filled in your application form online but here are some definite ones to carry along

1. Letter of invitation to the UK from host
2. Bank/house mortgage statement for the host
3. Your letter of employment
4. Letter from your employer showing you're going for your leave break or training (depending on your reason for visit)
5. Your bank statement or that of your sponsor in Nigeria
6. Travel itinerary (flight ticket and hotel booking if not staying with a host)
7. Any other document to prove your strong ties to your home country eg share certificates, landed property certificates, marriage certificates, child birth certificates etc
8. Any document to boost your application

Note that the more documents you present, the more questions you will be asked but if you're able to correctly answer the questions, 90%sure you will get the visa. Try and read through other people's experience here. All the best

sashaa:

Please assist with this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 8:16am On Dec 15, 2018
Company needs to provide you with a letter of scholarship stating clearly what it covers and how they would meet that obligation to you. This requires that the company provide a bank statement showing they have enough funds unencumbered (that is not tied to other use aside what it is meant for) and available for your school fees and maintenance. They may be required to make a deposit with the university and provide that proof.

Ichiego:

I need help with this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2018
bigtt76:
Refusal was based on the no evidence of relationship with the brother in the UK. Was there any letter of invitation from the brother? Did they include any email correspondence with him? Did he also send his bank statement and mortgage statement?

Yes, they included invitation letters from the brother and even his wife. They also included his bank statement and tenancy agreement. These documents were exchanged via email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2018
mex551:
I feel that where you made a mistake was in not supplying to the ECO, evidence of your communications with your brother, like emails, whatsapp messages that has span over years. That's a great way of showing a relationship. Let gurus in the house throw more insight. My 10kobo

Ok,maybe the whatsapp messages. They didnt include that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2018
Two invitation letters? Doesn't look good to me. If the brother is married, then it should be a joint invitation letter from the couple. Sending individual letters may trigger suspicion that the brother might not be married or having a reluctant relationship with his sister hence the wife sending a separate one. undecided

In addition, did she include her change of name documents which shows her madien name matching that of her brother? Is he really her brother or cousin? I know some people refer to cousins or distant relatives as brothers grin the ECO would first look at the names to check for similar surnames before anything else.

I don't buy the idea of presenting Whatsapp messages but at least it goes on to show a discussion was held preparatory to the visit but then an email would do more justice to the back and forth between them.

What if no email or Whatsapp? Would the ECO prefer a taped message? Not quite but rather your post letters suffices hence my suggestion of using emails.

customised87:

Yes, they included invitation letters from the brother and even his wife. They also included his bank statement and tenancy agreement. These documents were exchanged via email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ichiego: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
bigtt76:
Company needs to provide you with a letter of scholarship stating clearly what it covers and how they would meet that obligation to you. This requires that the company provide a bank statement showing they have enough funds unencumbered (that is not tied to other use aside what it is meant for) and available for your school fees and maintenance. They may be required to make a deposit with the university and provide that proof.

Thank alot for ur response, however the entirety of the fees has been paid and its an international company so would I still need to make a deposit? Or Cari d company's statement or just the letter of sponsorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2018
You need evidence of the full fees paid + evidence that your upkeep allowance has been or will be paid from an unencumbered funds set aside for that purpose.

The company's bank statement showing the transfer of funds for the fees would be ideal in addition to showing the funds for your upkeep or a deposit showing your upkeep funds has been made and you have unhindered access to it.

The letter of sponsorship is a must and should also state clearly the reason for sponsorship and their plans for you after graduation.

Ichiego:

Thank alot for ur response, however the entirety of the fees has been paid and its an international company so would I still need to make a deposit? Or Cari d company's statement or just the letter of sponsorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
bigtt76:

bigtt76:
You need evidence of the full fees paid + evidence that your upkeep allowance has been or will be paid from an unencumbered funds set aside for that purpose.

The company's bank statement showing the transfer of funds for the fees would be ideal in addition to showing the funds for your upkeep or a deposit showing your upkeep funds has been made and you have unhindered access to it.

The letter of sponsorship is a must and should also state clearly the reason for sponsorship and their plans for you after graduation.

That is not needed when being sponsored by a multinational/international company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for the clarification but I guess a proof showing the fees and upkeep allowances has been paid would be required right?

justwise:

That is not needed when being sponsored by a multinational/international company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
bigtt76:
Thanks for the clarification but I guess a proof showing the fees and upkeep allowances has been paid would be required right?

Fees payment will be indicated in the CAS and the issue of upkeep will be taken care of by sponsorship letter.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
bigtt76:
It's difficult to state what document(s) you need to provide because it all depends on what you filled in your application form online but here are some definite ones to carry along

1. Letter of invitation to the UK from host
2. Bank/house mortgage statement for the host
3. Your letter of employment
4. Letter from your employer showing you're going for your leave break or training (depending on your reason for visit)
5. Your bank statement or that of your sponsor in Nigeria
6. Travel itinerary (flight ticket and hotel booking if not staying with a host)
7. Any other document to prove your strong ties to your home country eg share certificates, landed property certificates, marriage certificates, child birth certificates etc
8. Any document to boost your application

Note that the more documents you present, the more questions you will be asked but if you're able to correctly answer the questions, 90%sure you will get the visa. Try and read through other people's experience here. All the best

Thanks for your response. My question was actually about the process like getting my biometrics done and stuffs like that. I've been able (through this thread) to get an idea of the documents i need for my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
Perfect. Thanks

justwise:

Fees payment will be indicated in the CAS and the issue of upkeep will be taken care of by sponsorship letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
You need all these documents submitted on the day of your biometric capture undecided

sashaa:

Thanks for your response. My question was actually about the process like getting my biometrics done and stuffs like that. I've been able (through this thread) to get an idea of the documents i need for my application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.