Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524424 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2018
Yes, I requested for a letter from my employer (A-rated sponsor). The letter stated that they will provide the maintenance fund required for my spouse as per the immigration rules for one month. This is why we didn't need to show proof of £630 in my account.

The cover letter was written by me, just to introduce myself and my partner. I stated my job and my UK visa status, how long I've been with my partner, when we got married and that we wanted to live together in the UK. It was basically an introduction letter.

beyondbasicsng:
@nomad26 thanks for this. Just a few questions please. What is the Original cover letter please? (Content)

Now, about the original maintenance letter, did you request this directly from your employer? Reason I'm asking is because I had thought the only way to show maintenance was to use bank statements showing funds have been maintenaned in the account for 90 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2018
Thank you sir @justwise
Got my visa on the 16th.
Took 14 working days from the day I did my biometrics.
God bless you and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BrownCarton: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
Hey guys...
Sorry, I know my questions are becoming annoying, but I got just this one.

I m in Australia at the moment, but filled and submitted my application as though I am in Nigeria because I will be traveling there in a few days time. So I answered the question "where are you applying from?" as Nigeria because I didn't want to get the Australian options for biometrics. I want to do my biometrics in Nigeria.
Now I m seeing that I could still have filled it as Australia, yet select Nigerian biometric locations.
I m not sure of the gravity of thiis error. I am thinking of cancelling the application and submitting a fresh one. Or should I explain the error in the cover letter? (biometrics date is still on the 28th)
Pls, your advice is highly needed. Thanks everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
Darla:
Thank you sir @justwise Got my visa on the 16th. Took 14 working days from the day I did my biometrics. God bless you and Merry Christmas!
those getting their visas, are u guyz really being interviewed by the ECO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
Darla:
Thank you sir @justwise
Got my visa on the 16th.
Took 14 working days from the day I did my biometrics.
God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Congratulations and happy Xmas to you as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
BrownCarton:
Hey guys...
Sorry, I know my questions are becoming annoying, but I got just this one.

I m in Australia at the moment, but filled and submitted my application as though I am in Nigeria because I will be traveling there in a few days time. So I answered the question "where are you applying from?" as Nigeria because I didn't want to get the Australian options for biometrics. I want to do my biometrics in Nigeria.
Now I m seeing that I could still have filled it as Australia, yet select Nigerian biometric locations.
I m not sure of the gravity of thiis error. I am thinking of cancelling the application and submitting a fresh one. Or should I explain the error in the cover letter? (biometrics date is still on the 28th)
Pls, your advice is highly needed. Thanks everyone

You can’t be in Australia and claim to be applying from Nigeria, you are really making things difficult for yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BrownCarton: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
justwise:

You can’t be in Australia and claim to be applying from Nigeria, you are really making things difficult for yourself
Pls Sir... What do you reckon?.. Just reapply? Or explain in the cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omogbadunola: 10:36am On Dec 22, 2018
Good morning house
Please I really need advise on my application as I need to reapply again
I applied for UK visiting visa to visit my fiance sometimes in November in which I was refused with the reason stated:
I am not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to cover your cost whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds and also I am not satisfied that your sponsor can and will provide sufficient for the intended duration you stay in the UK
I actually did the application myself but what I notice was wrong was our statement of account.
I work and I earn N69,000 monthly,I got a reference from my employer,I got my pay slip, I am also a student but I didn't state it in my application so at the time I printed my statement of my account i only have available balance of N70,000 thinking my fiance statement of account and payslip and all his permanent residence document and tax slips and all his document is enough to speak for me
My fiance earn 2300 pounds monthly and this was seen in his offer letter and all but the statement of him i use was having a balance over draw and I stated I will be spending N500,000 for my trip and he will be sponsoring N450,000 while I pay just N50,000 in which I have limit I can I have in my salary account at work.I can't have more than (N200,000 )else I get an approval to get more than that which will involve lot of interrogation
So now my fiance want me to reapply by next year march so I come for Easter and I can build a statement of mine in which my salary account is bank A while I have another personal account that's in Bank B and presently I have just N30,000 in it so he said he will pay some amount of money in my account from now till when I will be going for next submission but I am confused and scared of how the embassy will see the judgement in relation to my salary,and how the money is been build up and also I want to add now that I am a student in my new application,because the initial one I applied I only mention the son I have for the tie I have in Nigeria.
Also please I need a break down of the amount and document i will need to add as a student and working person should have since I will be accommodated in his house and he will be the one sponsoring the trip or is it advisable I get another sponsor here from Nigeria with him to sponsor the trip while I maintain my salary account with the maximum of N200,000 in it
Please I am so scared of rejection now
Please I need a serious advise on how to reapply meanwhile when I was initially rejected a lawyer collected money from me to help do a reconsideration letter which was responded too and I was to reapply but to address the issues raise against me.
I look forward to great response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
TonyyS:

Interview is in exceptional cases.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Good day everybody. I want to say kudos to all the active members on here providing all the vital information needed .
I was given a conditional admission to study economics in the university of essex, colchester. The problem is that the fees is over the roof and I can barely afford even half of it. I had earlier hoped on applying for Chevening scholarship but it ended before I got my admission offer.

The only scholarship option I was given is in form of a 4k pounds discount from the fees(18k pounds).
My question is this; is it possible to get external scholarship to take care of the fees or how do I negotiate this.
Ps: please your suggestions are highly needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewai98: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
I applies for the UK Tier 5 religious worker visa and my application was denied by the entry officer whow claims that the salary I was offered does not meet up with the UK minimum wage regulation system...but it was part of the immif ration law that ant body that works with a charity body, religious organization or community is to be exempted from the UK minimum wage.I have documents that states that my enployer is a charity organization they even wrote a letter along with my employment letter clearly statung all this ...I see no reason my application should be unfairly treated. ..meanwhile the application of my colleagues that we were both offered the same job, we're given the same document and we're to resume the same day was approved and grant entry. Please I'm so confused I don't know what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gideonaigbe(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
Teewai98:
I applies for the UK Tier 5 religious worker visa and my application was denied by the entry officer whow claims that the salary I was offered does not meet up with the UK minimum wage regulation system...but it was part of the immif ration law that ant body that works with a charity body, religious organization or community is to be exempted from the UK minimum wage.I have documents that states that my enployer is a charity organization they even wrote a letter along with my employment letter clearly statung all this ...I see no reason my application should be unfairly treated. ..meanwhile the application of my colleagues that we were both offered the same job, we're given the same document and we're to resume the same day was approved and grant entry. Please I'm so confused I don't know what to do
My opinion is
you dint include home tie
If you apply again referencing to the law you stated above... u might be granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omogbadunola: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
Omogbadunola:
Good day house
I applied for UK visiting visa to visit my fiance sometimes in November in which I was refused with the reason stated:
I am not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to cover your cost whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds and also I am not satisfied that your sponsor can and will provide sufficient for the intended duration you stay in the UK
I actually did the application myself but what I notice was wrong was our statement of account.
I work and I earn N69,000 monthly,I got a reference from my employer,I got my pay slip, I am also a student but I didn't state it in my application so at the time I printed my statement of my account i only have available balance of N70,000 thinking my fiance statement of account and payslip and all his permanent residence document and tax slips and all his document is enough to speak for me
My fiance earn 2300 pounds monthly and this was seen in his offer letter and all but the statement of him i use was having a balance over draw and I stated I will be spending N500,000 for my trip and he will be sponsoring N450,000 while I pay just N50,000 in which I have limit I can I have in my salary account at work.I can't have more than (N200,000 )else I get an approval to get more than that which will involve lot of interrogation
So now my fiance want me to reapply by next year march so I come for Easter and I can build a statement of mine in which my salary account is bank A while I have another personal account that's in Bank B and presently I have just N30,000 in it so he said he will pay some amount of money in my account from now till when I will be going for next submission but I am confused and scared of how the embassy will see the judgement in relation to my salary,and how the money is been build up and also I want to add now that I am a student in my new application,because the initial one I applied I only mention the son I have for the tie I have in Nigeria.
Also please I need a break down of the amount and document i will need to add as a student and working person should have since I will be accommodated in his house and he will be the one sponsoring the trip or is it advisable I get another sponsor here from Nigeria with him to sponsor the trip while I maintain my salary account with the maximum of N200,000 in it
Please I need a serious advise on how to reapply meanwhile when I was initially rejected a lawyer collected money from me to help do a reconsideration letter which was responded too and I was to reapply but to address the issues raise against me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewai98: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
Gideonaigbe:

My opinion is
you dint include home tie
If you apply again referencing to the law you stated above... u might be granted
Well I did apply again through administrativery review stating this yet it was denied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
Teewai98:

Are they offered the same salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
Omogbadunola:
Good morning house

If his account is overdrawn how then do you expect the ECO to believe that he can afford to sponsor part of your trip? That is an issue and to be paying money into your account wouldn't help either, he needs to save all that money and use it to sponsor the whole trip while you save your salary as part of tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gozi2017: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
Teewai98:

Please can you upload the refusal letter here? We're you or your colleagues interviewed when you did biometrics or on the phone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 5:23am On Dec 23, 2018
Gideonaigbe:

you can get a passport the same day....if you have the money

Oh really....I wish I do have that kinda money but I don't. I really do not think it is possible with Christmas and new year festivities.

Many thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewai98: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
justwise:

Are they offered the same salary?
Yes we were
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewai98: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ojoaccess:

Please can you upload the refusal letter here? We're you or your colleagues interviewed when you did biometrics or on the phone?
No I was not intreviewed and yes we were offered the same salary.
I have been trying to attach the refusal letter file to the reply...I can't seems to be able to do that. ..sorry is there another to get it across?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Teewai98:

No I was not intreviewed and yes we were offered the same salary.
I have been trying to attach the refusal letter file to the reply...I can't seems to be able to do that. ..sorry is there another to get it across?
I sent u a private message pls check it and reply to my email. Thanks. We're others interviewed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Please who knows the current price for TB screening at IOM Lagos. I understand kids do physical examination and not chest xray. what's the current cost of the chest xray and the physical examination for kids.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Teewai98:

Yes we were

You can reapply and explain this in your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
sutelk:
Please who knows the current price for TB screening at IOM Lagos. I understand kids do physical examination and not chest xray. what's the current cost of the chest xray and the physical examination for kids.
Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
justwise:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shadyz: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
adeniyy01:
Good evening house, i want to share my experience with you concerning the judiciary review that immigration lawyers always tell people who gets refused .. there's nothing like that.. this lawyers will just collect your money without doing anything good. I fell victim nd am trying to retrieve my money back frm d lady .. i gave her 40k when my visiting visa refused.. i complained in the house nd i was advised not to do such but i 'd already given her. Below is what she gave me today as response frm British embassy.. she claimed she sent appeal to them. Please advice me.. i wish to reapply January
So Uk would reply mail like this??no good use of punctuation..a whole UK���adeniyi I dont tink they wud write like dis..some people ve had similar experiences...and lemme advise u dont bother adding this to ur fresh application,becos this letter is not from dem...I tink u shud really research this people u paid online and see peoples experience...my two cents*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jenny101005: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
my fiancé applied for uk visiting visa on 5 Dec and did his biometric on 10 Dec. He received an email ON 13 Dec that his application has been passed to an ECO but he has not heard anything since.
I am worried because he wrote on the application form that he would be travelling from 24 Dec till 10 Jan .Does it mean its an automatic refusal because his work place only confirmed his leave for the above dates in the letter he submitted from his employer.

Experts in the house,please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashekmoney: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
hello

please house I have a valid 6 Months UK Visa with my Son and I just give birth to another baby and I want to apply for my new baby 2 months old what document do i need to present with the application. thanks pls urgent respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
justwise:

Congratulations and happy Xmas to you as well
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
TonyyS:

No, except for the visit to TLS and submitting documents, I didn't have an interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.