Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523312 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2018
Hello house please a quick one. Anyone know what the current appointment date for submission of documents n biometrics is presently for those that recently applied as my sister needs this info asap please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeyemi55(f): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2018
Good morning fam, compliments of d season...I Wana ask, my sister wants our mum to come to the uk when she puts to bed. What are the documents that we need to present.. my sister is not working at d moment but the hubby wants to sponsor the trip...what is the additional document we need to add to make it a success....note mama is an aged business woman, her biz is registered but she doesnt use her company account for business..mama perfers cash as a lagos woman na...pls any suggestion will help...thank u guys and God bless...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2018
Doesn't she bank part of the funds realized from sales?

Looks complicated though because she would need to show strong ties to her home country Nigeria. Though her son-in-law is footing the trip, she also needs to show that she will return back to Nigeria at the end of her trip and not retort to accessing public funds especially for health.

The son-in-law needs to provide all documentation including but not limited to mortgage documents (or contract for apartment rental), bank statements and letter of invitation.

adeyemi55:
Good morning fam, compliments of d season...I Wana ask, my sister wants our mum to come to the uk when she puts to bed. What are the documents that we need to present.. my sister is not working at d moment but the hubby wants to sponsor the trip...what is the additional document we need to add to make it a success....note mama is an aged business woman, her biz is registered but she doesnt use her company account for business..mama perfers cash as a lagos woman na...pls any suggestion will help...thank u guys and God bless...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2018
@embolden Sorry but what kind of employer do you have?

Omogbadunola:
Good morning house
Please I really need advise on my application as I need to reapply again
I applied for UK visiting visa to visit my fiance sometimes in November in which I was refused with the reason stated:
I am not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to cover your cost whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds and also I am not satisfied that your sponsor can and will provide sufficient for the intended duration you stay in the UK
I actually did the application myself but what I notice was wrong was our statement of account.
I work and I earn N69,000 monthly,I got a reference from my employer,I got my pay slip, I am also a student but I didn't state it in my application so at the time I printed my statement of my account i only have available balance of N70,000 thinking my fiance statement of account and payslip and all his permanent residence document and tax slips and all his document is enough to speak for me
My fiance earn 2300 pounds monthly and this was seen in his offer letter and all but the statement of him i use was having a balance over draw and I stated I will be spending N500,000 for my trip and he will be sponsoring N450,000 while I pay just N50,000 in which I have limit I can I have in my salary account at work. I can't have more than (N200,000 )else I get an approval to get more than that which will involve lot of interrogation
So now my fiance want me to reapply by next year march so I come for Easter and I can build a statement of mine in which my salary account is bank A while I have another personal account that's in Bank B and presently I have just N30,000 in it so he said he will pay some amount of money in my account from now till when I will be going for next submission but I am confused and scared of how the embassy will see the judgement in relation to my salary,and how the money is been build up and also I want to add now that I am a student in my new application,because the initial one I applied I only mention the son I have for the tie I have in Nigeria.
Also please I need a break down of the amount and document i will need to add as a student and working person should have since I will be accommodated in his house and he will be the one sponsoring the trip or is it advisable I get another sponsor here from Nigeria with him to sponsor the trip while I maintain my salary account with the maximum of N200,000 in it
Please I am so scared of rejection now
Please I need a serious advise on how to reapply meanwhile when I was initially rejected a lawyer collected money from me to help do a reconsideration letter which was responded too and I was to reapply but to address the issues raise against me.
I look forward to great response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewai98: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
justwise:

You can reapply and explain this in your application form.
OK thank sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ayobj: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
BrownCarton:

Pls Sir... What do you reckon?.. Just reapply? Or explain in the cover letter?

Brown apply in Australia and use the super priority pathway.its expensive and you will get a response in 24 hours.
You can apply for a 2 year visa and you are eminently qualified for it.
There is no pressure on the U.K. Embassy in Australia unlike Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ayobj: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
Teewai98:

Well I did apply again through administrativery review stating this yet it was denied

Brother what are your circumstances
Have you travelled out before
Is this your first job
What is your age compared to the other person,
Is there anything in your application that is a red flag.
Give us more information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeyemi55(f): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Merry xmas everyone.... thanks alot for the reply..i appreciate it greatly... she banks it in her own personal
Account and not the company's account...

bigtt76:
Doesn't she bank part of the funds realized from sales?

Looks complicated though because she would need to show strong ties to her home country Nigeria. Though her son-in-law is footing the trip, she also needs to show that she will return back to Nigeria at the end of her trip and not retort to accessing public funds especially for health.

The son-in-law needs to provide all documentation including but not limited to mortgage documents (or contract for apartment rental), bank statements and letter of invitation.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2018
Merry Christmas to all in the house....
Am happy to announce that I was granted 2 years UK Visa....
Application submitted on the 29th of November 2018
Biometric done on the 7th of December
Acknowledgement email from UK Decision Making Centre was on the 12th of December
Application ready for collection, email sent from TLScontact on the 21st of December
Collected my passport from DHL on the 24th of December.......

For all visa applicants, do not loose hope God must surely make you smile just like He did to me after several denial.....

THANK GOD OOOOOOO

Thanks @justwise, @ekpotek and whole house for your meaningful contributions,,,may God bless you all

Please may I use this opportunity to ask if it is possible to apply for US on medical grounds when I have not travelled to UK with the current visa though I have travelled to UK previously.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2018
Please may I use this opportunity to ask if it is possible to apply for US on medical grounds when I have not travelled to UK with the current visa though I have travelled to UK previously.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Acknowledgement email from UK Decision Making Centre was on the 12th of December
Application ready for collection, email sent from TLScontact on the 21st of December

For all visa applicants, do not loose hope God must surely make you smile just like He did to me after several denial.....

THANK GOD OOOOOOO

Thanks @justwise, @ekpotek and whole house for your meaningful contributions,,,may God bless you all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ab4m: 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hello room,
Anyone going to London for new year? Let's connect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doublej805: 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
Please what are the documents you submitted for ur visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:

THANK GOD OOOOOOO

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:

You can do that without traveling to the UK first.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Swallow2k312355: 9:20am On Dec 27, 2018
Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house . Pls I need your attention on here, I applied for two years visa although have been to the Uk before with my first 6 month visa . I also applied for my wife and kid we all got the visa . Now this is the issues am facing now cause of work schedule at my office I can’t make it to the Uk with my family so I had to let them go for Xmas on getting to the point of entry they were questioned but at the end of the day they seized my wife and kid passport but they are allowed in to go and sleep wherever they want to . With that opportunity I told them not to come back to Nigeria again . All I need to know now house do you all think I won’t be questioned or can I just go through another airport apart from Heathrow. I need a quick response pls House on what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 9:28am On Dec 27, 2018
Swallow2k312355:
Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house . Pls I need your attention on here, I applied for two years visa although have been to the Uk before with my first 6 month visa . I also applied for my wife and kid we all got the visa . Now this is the issues am facing now cause of work schedule at my office I can’t make it to the Uk with my family so I had to let them go for Xmas on getting to the point of entry they were questioned but at the end of the day they seized my wife and kid passport but they are allowed in to go and sleep wherever they want to . With that opportunity I told them not to come back to Nigeria again . All I need to know now house do you all think I won’t be questioned or can I just go through another airport apart from Heathrow. I need a quick response pls House on what to do

They should not come back to nigeria again? On tourist visa.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2018
Swallow2k312355:

Are you joking or being serious? Why would you ask them not to come back then planning to travel through another airport to the U.K.?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2018
Swallow2k312355:

That’s some joke here now, I think. You definitely cannot be thinking of using whatever other airport to enter the UK after this episode, huge joke that is! That they shouldn’t come out again? You strong oh, I mean to still come ask dis your question here....

Where and how on earth are you going to enter the UK with that “lifeless” visa in your hands? Will assume you just want to rough feathers here sha!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoli: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2018
Swallow2k312355:

can you provide more details that will shed light on your current circumstance?
1. what specific questions was your wife asked at the POE that warranted the seizure of their passports?
2. were they told to come pick up their passports later on or what exactly . what was the scenario?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ab4m: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Why did you guys like giving Nigerians bad name? How on Earth will you ask them not to come back again and you expect to join them easily.

They have database and no way you can go through other airports without getting caught, unless you go disappear enter.

Abeg think twice, no leave your family because of better life there.

Swallow2k312355:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
Bros pls do think twice and put your family first.
This your parole separates family for life.
Take a bold step and bring them back to Nigeria...All the best bro.

Swallow2k312355:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
tell the truth wetin really happen and how did u secure d visa?

Swallow2k312355:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Wrongest thing to do.

1. The UK authorities have a record of your host or hotel they will be staying

2. Their documents was seized because they Immigration people suspected you probably trying to test the waters hence your not being present for the trip. The visas most probably was issued with you as the anchor.

3. Seizing their passports was a lienent gesture and if they returnto collect their passport on their way out, goes on further to boost your future chances of travels... Don't let it slip.

4. You forgot they got passport scanners at the POE and may have flagged you for detention when you try to enter illegally in the UK or elsewhere in Europe/America undecided

Guy nor allow village people spoil your own this new year o! Gently write a letter of protest to the Home Office and let them know what's happening.

Swallow2k312355:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
It's been 11 days since I did my biometrics and submitted my documents at TLS.

The TLS tracker shows received by UKVi but I'm yet to receive any email from UKVI decision making center in Sheffield confirming receipt of the application and saying it's been prepared for the ECO.

Other times, I got the email from Sheffield within a few days of biometrics.

Should I be worried? Or could the Christmas break be affecting the process.

Anyone in my shoes?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doublej805: 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Please justwise and oda guru's in the house... please i need your help like seriously.. I applied for UK visa 2017.. and i was denied.. so now i got an old family frd of my who got UK passport and we also bear the same surname.. so all i need now is a very good advice... i wanna apply with one million... right now I'm a youth corper. .. but I'm married with a son... please i need an international stamp on my passport... I just want to see how overseas is like.... please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2018
Doublej805:
Please justwise and oda guru's in the house... please i need your help like seriously.. I applied for UK visa 2017.. and i was denied.. so now i got an old family frd of my who got UK passport and we also bear the same surname.. so all i need now is a very good advice... i wanna apply with one million... right now I'm a youth corper. .. but I'm married with a son ... please i need an international stamp on my passport... I just want to see how overseas is like.... please help me

Please keep your money and don't start the new year with wastage. If you don't need the 1M then put it in savings account for your son

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
It's been 11 days since I did my biometrics and submitted my documents at TLS.

The TLS tracker shows received by UKVi but I'm yet to receive any email from UKVI decision making center in Sheffield confirming receipt of the application and saying it's been prepared for the ECO.

Other times, I got the email from Sheffield within a few days of biometrics.

Should I be worried? Or could the Christmas break be affecting the process.

Anyone in my shoes?

No, you may not even receive the email until your visa is out. They are not consistent with that email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2018
@justwise Thank you! That's a relief

justwise:

No, you may not even receive the email until your visa is out. They are not consistent with that email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by peeps4u: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2018
Hello justwise, please share me the thread for this old biggest visa scam that happened here on nairaland.

I need it to show someone pleased.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.