Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1520227 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
Irenenwaka:

please justwise dont be mad at me, but i have few more questions
1. should this invitation letter be posted to the embassy by me or sent to my mum and then my mum submits it along side other documents?
2. how can i maximize her chances of getting a visa?
a) i have siblings who re 21 nd 23(tehy wouldnt be travelling with her ), do you think i shud declare them as dependants(they are actually dependants tho)??
b) like i said she wud be sponsoring herself with about 7 million in her account..she does business, when filling the form i got to a place dt said how much does she earn annually......i found that question quite inappropriate for a business person , cos the fact is they live on hopes with no fixed amount yearly....nd even certain times when money comes before u know it they hv to do turn over nd order for some more goodsss.......i am sorry for the whole story but basically, i am trying to say i dont know how best to answer that question to maximize her chances
c) what do u think i shud put has her montly stipend?? wat do u think they re looking for ??

please anyone as well can give a shot at my questions..thanks family

1. Yes it should be posted to her to be added to her application package.

2. She need to clearly explain her source of money with detailed paper evidence

a. State her social economy situation as factual as you can, there is no point withholding info.

b. That question is appropriate and her approval/refusal will largely depend on the answer to that question. She need to calculate her monthly earnings then multiple that by 12. There is no way you will own a business and not knowing how much you earn.

c. Only your mum can answer that because i don't know how much she earns or spend in a month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Lillybi:

@ justwise

Good evening , yes my husband earns more than me, so should I make him a co- sponsor or sponsor?

Then surely you can use him as part of the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
Horlahorla:

Good Morning Justwise, 350,000 - 400,000. My Uk host will take care of the accommodation and feeding.

Your budget is reasonable considering your monthly salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
@Justwise my sis inlaw said her hubby says he would be sponsoring her now from his personal savings what documents does he need to give her? And what documents does she need to submit again should she include her UK account again? Since its her hubby who now wants to sponsor her? And does she need to submit her hubby and sons visa pages too or not with her application?

justwise:

She should have used her Nigerian salary account in addition to that of UK, she made a mistake by using the UK bank statement only
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
----
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

Is this business registered?
yes it was registered
I submitted my CAC certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am a web developer working remotely for a US company. I am to attend a conference in London on the 6th of April and I just got the mail for the invitation today. I hope it is not too late to apply? and can I meet up with the date? and what are the supporting docs that I can add to my application?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsalert1: 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
Misstakes:
Hello guys
Did my biometrics on the 31/12/2018
Application transferred to ukvi on 31/12/2018
Application received at ukvi on 9/01/2019
“Your application has not been straightforward “ mail on the 17/2/2019
Not heard anything from them ever since
Guys what should I do?

just hold they will respond soon. it may take a week or two. they are most likely verifying some documents you submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by duvocharrison: 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
Will it be enof for flight accomdation feeding transport sightseeing shopping. But can u help with break down is 440k each for person plss ThAnks

justwise:

Are you planning to cancel after the visa is out? If you have a place to stay then i suggest you avoid making a reservation and cancel when visa comes out because it could backfired on you at the POE

Regarding your first question..since this is a family trip you and your hubby can spend two months of your salaries each.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Horlahorla: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

Your budget is reasonable considering your monthly salary.

Thanks Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
MrsDaniels:
@Justwise my sis inlaw said her hubby says he would be sponsoring her now from his personal savings what documents does he need to give her? And what documents does she need to submit again should she include her UK account again? Since its her hubby who now wants to sponsor her? And does she need to submit her hubby and sons visa pages too or not with her application?

She has to add her own financial documents in addition to that of her hubby especially her salary account

Documents to submit has been listed far too many times her, its the same for all visiting visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
arisebiadan:
pls help, I was about completing my application. I was refused a visit visa when I was 12years old, that was 2006. I can't remember what was the full details. I was a teenager then and I know little about this, it was all in hand of my parents. I don't even know what happened to that passport then. Fast forward 13years later I have a good travel history. Now I am studying in France with a long stay visa (study) and want to apply to visit the Uk.

When they ask me to fill details if I have been refused Visa to the Uk, I don't know the reference number or month. What should I do here guys?

Acknowledge the refusal and explain exactly what you wrote here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
lovesavvi:
yes it was registered
I submitted my CAC certificate

The problem here is lack of deep explanation regarding source of that business money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
Bolamike:
Hello everyone.

I am a web developer working remotely for a US company. I am to attend a conference in London on the 6th of April and I just got the mail for the invitation today. I hope it is not too late to apply? and can I meet up with the date? and what are the supporting docs that I can add to my application?

Thanks

Not too late if you submit this week or early next week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
duvocharrison:
Will it be enof for flight accomdation feeding transport sightseeing shopping. But can u help with break down is 440k each for person plss ThAnks

Shopping and sightseeing are not part of visa requirements, you need to considerate on the core expenditure first..e.g flight, accommodation and feeding while in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

Not too late if you submit this week or early next week

Big thanks for the response. I have listed documents I will be using and they are:-
Hotel reservation
Employment letter/Reference letter/Leave Letter
My bank statement
Cover letter (stating purpose of visit, proof of funds and total budget for the trip)
Employer's address and telephone

Is there any other doc I can submit? I plan to spend around 7 days, will flight ticket fee be part of the trip budget?

I am sponsoring myself, currently have a base salary of over 500k per month. I been working for around 5 months now. (I have past work experiences)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
@Justwise she said she has low balance now reason why she didnt include it in her application hence the reason why she submitted her UK account. Cant she just use her hubbys own? Because her hubby only submitted his work letter, payslips, Leave/intro letter form work and he got visa with her own UK account. Statement. So now he decided to use his own. What can she do again oh.
justwise:

She has to add her own financial documents in addition to that of her hubby especially her salary account

Documents to submit has been listed far too many times her, its the same for all visiting visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
@justwise please assist. I'm trying to choose an appointment date for my application but all the dates in march and april seem to all be greyed out . Only a few days in February are showing as available. My travel date is last week of may. Am i missing something?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
@Justwise my sis inlaw sent me her refusal letter. Note i had told u she submitted her pounds bank statement since thats where she saved her personal savings funds in which she decided to use for the holiday, payslips from nigeria, work leave letter, intro letter and employment letter as she works in her dads company who is my father inlaw and her acc balance is extremely low for the naira one. her 2months old son and hubby were granted except her. ....please whats the problem the eco has with her?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

The problem here is lack of deep explanation regarding source of that business money
ok sir,How do you think I can explain better? Can indicate all the large transaction in my statement of the account and provide the receipt for it and explain it in my cover letter.thanks so much for your time sir .May God reward u and grant you all your heart Desire.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
lovesavvi:
ok sir,How do you think I can explain better? Can indicate all the large transaction in my statement of the account and provide the receipt for it and explain it in my cover letter .thanks so much for your time sir .May God reward u and grant you all your heart Desire.

That is the best you can do regarding the situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
@Justwise please answer... thanks

MrsDaniels:
@Justwise my sis inlaw sent me her refusal letter. Note i had told u she submitted her pounds bank statement since thats where she saved her personal savings funds in which she decided to use for the holiday, payslips from nigeria, work leave letter, intro letter and employment letter as she works in her dads company who is my father inlaw and her acc balance is extremely low for the naira one. her 2months old son and hubby were granted except her. ....please whats the problem the eco has with her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
MrsDaniels:

That refusal letter made it clear what the problem is..lack of her own financial condition in Nigeria, she need to demonstrate that in her next application even if her hubby is contributing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 11:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Right now according to her she said her naira bank statement isnt good enuf with very low balance...wat do u suggest she can do?

justwise:

That refusal letter made it clear what the problem is..lack of her own financial condition in Nigeria, she need to demonstrate that in her next application even if her hubby is contributing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
sashaa:
@justwise please assist. I'm trying to choose an appointment date for my application but all the dates in march and april seem to all be greyed out . Only a few days in February are showing as available. My travel date is last week of may. Am i missing something?

It means that those two months are all booked but chances are that somebody may cancel or withdraw an application and the date will be available again. So you need to keep checking for a lucky date to popup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
Between @Justwise she asked me about what she should write in the part they asked how much her sponsor is paying towards her trip. And u know dey budgeted 1400£ for three of them as a family including flight and all. Should she write the same 1400£ since thats what they used to issue her hubby and son visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Bolamike:

Big thanks for the response. I have listed documents I will be using and they are:-
Hotel reservation
Employment letter/Reference letter/Leave Letter
My bank statement
Cover letter (stating purpose of visit, proof of funds and total budget for the trip)
Employer's address and telephone

Is there any other doc I can submit? I plan to spend around 7 days, will flight ticket fee be part of the trip budget?

I am sponsoring myself, currently have a base salary of over 500k per month. I been working for around 5 months now. (I have past work experiences)

Yes flight ticket is one of the major part of the budget, your salary level is very good so you shouldn't have problem regarding that if properly presented.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
__
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

Yes flight ticket is one of the major part of the budget, your salary level is very good so you shouldn't have problem regarding that if properly presented.

Thanks for the response. How do I tackle the tax issue? The United States Government is responsible for the tax on my salary as it is part of their policy. I don't have any document to back this up. Can I tender my W9 Form in this case?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Bolamike:

Thanks for the response. How do I tackle the tax issue? The United States Government is responsible for the tax on my salary as it is part of their policy. I don't have any document to back this up. Can I tender my W9 Form in this case?

What you get is a net salary so you don't need to worry about tax paper as somebody who earns salary.

Only business people has to worry about that for visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 11:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
justwise:

What you get is a net salary so you don't need to worry about tax paper as somebody who earns salary.

Only business people has to worry about that for visa application

Big thanks. I'll gather the documents and submit the application next week.

Any tips for improving my chances sir?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 12:17am On Feb 23, 2019
justwise:

It means that those two months are all booked but chances are that somebody may cancel or withdraw an application and the date will be available again. So you need to keep checking for a lucky date to popup

Wow...ok. Thanks so much for the response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.