Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,190 members, 7,807,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523832 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2019
chukyrooy:

It's a family trip

You can't use family business account to fund a non-business trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2019
kaakaa:

Thank you for the response....
So I will cancel the application, but will it affect the appointment I booked?

Can my hubby be my sponsor, bc I can't say how much I earn from how my account looks.

Please kindly address this issues above for me so I don't make another mistake.... thank you

If you cancel and reapply then you have to rebook the appointment

Yes your hubby can sponsor you as long as he can afford it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:08pm On May 11, 2019
Yes, I used it last year December with family.Good flights thou.

obaxlove:
Please can I travel to UK with Turkish airline?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:17pm On May 11, 2019
You can add the 610 directly with the total amount you get in a year if you choose to...... making 4210.
Also on the form there is a portion asking about other investments, if you choose yes then options of the type of investments will come up like savings etc, You can add that value(610) there, is still amount to same total.
What is VERY important is this; are this fund readily available and there is proof for them?

NanaOne1:
Please so

Total amount of money you get in a year should be 3600 (thus 300x12).
I didn't get the one relating to 610 very well the 610 is the profit she gets from her side business. Please shouldn't this 610 be added to 3600 making the total amount of money she gets in a year 4210?

She has investment and a savings account too

Thanks for your feedback

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 6:36pm On May 11, 2019
justwise:

You can't use family business account to fund a non-business trip

Thanks A lot for your reply, actually I used the same account for my mum. We are going for my sister's graduation and she got her renewal. I've also used it several times in the past too.

My main question was the low current balance being that it's not reflected in the statement and if it will affect my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2019
ezybaba:
thanks can I use another person gtb atm card to pay
thanks to d guru in this group I hav been able to pay and upload my documents and book an appointment today

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 9:05pm On May 11, 2019
you might be eligible for a refund which takes about 28 days, just do it 5 days before biometrics i think..
you will be refunded afterwards if u re eligible.
it is better than filling something on your form which could get you denied or banned as there is no face to face interview..only what you have written down

kaakaa:

Thank you for the response....
So I will cancel the application, but will it affect the appointment I booked?

Can my hubby be my sponsor, bc I can't say how much I earn from how my account looks.

Please kindly address this issues above for me so I don't make another mistake.... thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MhizzCency: 11:22pm On May 11, 2019
justwise:

You don't need that for visiting visa application
Justwise I am not using it for visiting visa.. Its for immigration
D correct DOB is 05-07-1992
The wrong one was 05-07-1995
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Belovedolu: 11:29pm On May 11, 2019
MhizzCency:

Justwise I am not using it for visiting visa.. Its for immigration
D correct DOB is 05-07-1992
The wrong one was 05-07-1995
If the mistake was from British Council, why not request for a new TRF
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by steric58(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2019
Any registered Nurse here presently processing his or her visa to UK, please quote me let talk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 7:12am On May 12, 2019
steric58:
Any registered Nurse here presently processing his or her visa to UK, please quote me let talk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 8:03am On May 12, 2019
Good folks, I have selected self service appointment (mind you, there are couple of free appointments currently in Ikeja starting from 21st May), can someone point me to any post where someone must have explained what should be uploaded against the following tls document types (attached) on their website. For instance, what documents should be attached against Residency, family evidence, sponsor evidence etc. I appreciate any help from you good people on this.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbaby09: 10:38am On May 12, 2019
Good morning Family and the ever helpful group heads. Please I need clarity on these

• my mum has been to the uk once and now wants to renew. ( she sponsored herself then in 2012) even though her business wasn’t registered then and even now too.
But I’ve seen that the forms are now more explicit.

• she wants to renew again but I’m
Confused as to if she should sponsor herself again but her business isn’t registered. She’s been sewing for over 40 years. Her account and investments can cover her but what do we do as per proof of source of funds ??

@justwise plsss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MhizzCency: 10:41am On May 12, 2019
Belovedolu:

If the mistake was from British Council, why not request for a new TRF
The mistake was not from British council, my brother was the one that collected my passport as well as applied for the Exam for me.. When I found out it was late (one week to the Exam) so I thought to my self, its just a prove of English nt a birth certificate and I wrote the Exam even if I tried to change it on the day of the exam by providing my birth certificate and other documents that has the correct DOB they insisted it is what is reflecting in my international passport DAT they will go with. Fast forward , I had to write to immigration because it was their mistake, they changed it and gave me a new passport, British council still refused to change it... So will it affect the visa decision? Even when I provide evidence of how I have tried to change it as well as an affidavit... Pls I need a candid answer.. I really don't want a bad decision because of this... Or does anyone have a friend in Biritish council that can help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MhizzCency: 10:43am On May 12, 2019
steric58:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2019
good day NLs,

will flight reservation that was not confirmed/ paid for be accepted for standard visitor visa, cos i see that if flight not for will be cancelled btw 48-72hrs?

wont it affect visa outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:12pm On May 12, 2019
You need not pay for any ticket for UK Visa application........It is stated on one of their guidelines
opomulero:
good day NLs,

will flight reservation that was not confirmed/ paid for be accepted for standard visitor visa, cos i see that if flight not for will be cancelled btw 48-72hrs?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 2:26pm On May 12, 2019
If you printed the statement before the current balance you are talking about, I don't think you have any problem.

chukyrooy:

Thanks A lot for your reply, actually I used the same account for my mum. We are going for my sister's graduation and she got her renewal. I've also used it several times in the past too.

My main question was the low current balance being that it's not reflected in the statement and if it will affect my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 2:29pm On May 12, 2019
Just make the booking only and print.You need it to indicate your itinerary.

opomulero:
good day NLs,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 3:39pm On May 12, 2019
So you mean book flight, print the flight itinery then cancel the booking, right?

Yommieyomi:
Just make the booking only and print.You need it to indicate your itinerary.

Please how about booking hotel reservation, I can't find any one that allows pay on Arrival, most of them have free cancellation dates that is almost before my arrival..... using bookings.com,
Any way around that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 3:41pm On May 12, 2019
justwise:

If you cancel and reapply then you have to rebook the appointment
Yes your hubby can sponsor you as long as he can afford it
giselle237:
you might be eligible for a refund which takes about 28 days, just do it 5 days before biometrics i think..
you will be refunded afterwards if u re eligible.
it is better than filling something on your form which could get you denied or banned as there is no face to face interview..only what you have written down

Thank you very much....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 3:53pm On May 12, 2019
That is not correct.............You need to use the option filter to determine the condition of booking; no payment needed now, free cancellation, no deposit needed etc
kaakaa:
So you mean book flight, print the flight itinery then cancel the booking, right?

Please how about booking hotel reservation, I can't find any one that allows pay on Arrival, most of them have free cancellation dates that is almost before my arrival..... using bookings.com,
Any way around that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 4:40pm On May 12, 2019
ozymes:
That is not correct.............You need to use the option filter to determine the condition of booking; no payment needed now, free cancellation, no deposit needed etc
Ok, because the one i saw on british airway said $20 for cancellation.... so i have to look for one with free cancellation. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2019
Yommieyomi:
If you printed the statement before the current balance you are talking about, I don't think you have any problem.

Thank you. I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2019
Thanks for d good work I wat to ask some questions (1) what documents am I to take along for the appointment (2) is it photocopy or original document. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seunt4ut(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2019
Hello House,I would like your help on how to go about my application this time around.
My 2 years application was refused early last year on the ground that my financial claim cannot be ascertain and the Visa officer was not satisfied. In my 6 months visa application I was working in a company with monthly earnings of 185k also own a company that I run partially and was declared and the company documents were attached so in my 6months application My purpose of visit was to attend a conference program which I did. However, my 2yrs application that got refused was on tourism visit and my employment status changed which I stated in my remarks that I’m no longer working in Bleep company that I’m now focusing on my own company full time and earning 205k monthly from my business. I included my bank statement with some of 2m Naira balance and tax receipt and 2m Naira fixed deposit Certificate copy and a cover letter saying that I did not have enough time to tour around and shop in my previous visit due to the task I went for that my motive of visiting this time around is to sightseeing and shop for my upcoming wedding. The most shocking part is that The refusal came with no option for appeal. Please house where did I go wrong and what measure should I take in my next application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Why will you come back to Nigeria? Even if she was your spouse already for over 5 years sef with concrete proof, you will hardly prove that you will come back if given this visa, not even a South Africa visa will you get and come back to Nigeria, your own is just you want out of Nigeria, clearly....
Right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Opeyemi007: 5:35pm On May 12, 2019
You should post the refusal letter if you still have it.

seunt4ut:
Hello House,I would like your help on how to go about my application this time around.
My 2 years application was refused early last year on the ground that my financial claim cannot be ascertain and the Visa officer was not satisfied. In my 6 months visa application I was working in a company with monthly earnings of 185k also own a company that I run partially and was declared and the company documents were attached so in my 6months application My purpose of visit was to attend a conference program which I did. However, my 2yrs application that got refused was on tourism visit and my employment status changed which I stated in my remarks that I’m no longer working in Bleep company that I’m now focusing on my own company full time and earning 205k monthly from my business. I included my bank statement with some of 2m Naira balance and tax receipt and 2m Naira fixed deposit Certificate copy and a cover letter saying that I did not have enough time to tour around and shop in my previous visit due to the task I went for that my motive of visiting this time around is to sightseeing and shop for my upcoming wedding. The most shocking part is that The refusal came with no option for appeal. Please house where did I go wrong and what measure should I take in my next application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 6:21pm On May 12, 2019
you are not taking along any documents asides your international passport and the checklist and submission print out page. all your documents wood be uploaded online before your appointment and would be transferred electronically to the visa office via the upload service.

ezybaba:
Thanks for d good work I wat to ask some questions (1) what documents am I to take along for the appointment (2) is it photocopy or original document. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:55pm On May 12, 2019
It will be cancelled automatically after 24hrs without payment.
Try Travelstart I have used it several times.

kaakaa:

Any way around that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ademeedee: 8:06pm On May 12, 2019
Yommieyomi:
1,LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT
2, INTRODUCTION LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
3, SIX MONTH PAYSLIP
4, LETTER OF PROMOTION
5,LEAVE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
6, ALL FAMILY BIRTH CERTIFICATE
7 ID CARD
8, SALARY ACCOUNT
9, PERSONAL ACCOUNT
10, FAMILY PICTURES,
11,TAX CERTIFICATE
12, HOTEL RESERVATION,(IF NOT INVITATION)
13, FLIGHT RESERVATION
That's all I can remember

Thank you for the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 8:13pm On May 12, 2019
giselle237:
you are not taking along any documents asides your international passport and the checklist and submission print out page. all your documents wood be uploaded online before your appointment and would be transferred electronically to the visa office via the upload service.

am I to fill the checklist before going for d appointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.