Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wintabotom: 4:24pm On May 15, 2019
Please help me o cos am definitely going that route how can I reach u please
MT:

This has happened to my friend before. The VO clearly overlooked some documents. I wrote a letter of reconsideration on his behalf; the letter was stern but respectful. Like damn-the-consequence kind of thing. I asked my friend not to submit any new document, we just submitted all the previous documents and added just the letter as a new application. Visa issued 2 weeks later. If you need further information,you can ask.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 10:32am On May 16, 2019
Is there any one that did his/her biometrics April 18th, 2019 heard from Ukvi?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by forevermine: 12:00pm On May 16, 2019
giselle237:
Is there any one that did his/her biometrics April 18th, 2019 heard from Ukvi?

Me! I had mine in Abuja on the same day. Yet to hear from them oh. Where was your biometrics done? It's beyond the 15 working days stipulated. My travel plans have been thwarted. Phew!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 12:50pm On May 16, 2019
Yes I had mine at Abuja as well
forevermine:

Me! I had mine in Abuja on the same day. Yet to hear from them oh. Where was your biometrics done? It's beyond the 15 working days stipulated. My travel plans have been thwarted. Phew!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekeri: 3:22pm On May 16, 2019
My wife had hers at VI on 16th same date with my friend at Ikeja. Still no responds for my wife's application but my friend have since picked his passport with VISA. This is already a month.

giselle237:
Yes I had mine at Abuja as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by njidekachi: 8:12pm On May 16, 2019
Pls I need urgent help. How will I reschedule my UK visa appointmtnt that is meant to take place tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 2:33am On May 17, 2019
Hey Guys
Please with this TLS issue, they are still asking me to make payments for assisted service considering that self service is currently unavailable
What do i do? i cant pay 55 pounds for 3 people na

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:04am On May 17, 2019
MamaDe:
Hello everyone. I just want to thank everyone on here giving advises and all free of charge .God bless u all. I am eventually in d UK. Though it took a long time but with perseverance and encouragement from great minds like ekpotek ,I am eventually here. Just want to encourage every one of u on here still looking for a way , please persevere, there is a light at d end of d tunnel.Thanks Mr Ekpo once again!

@MamaDee So happy for you. Your case is worth writing a book. Many here may not know what you went through to get back to the UK. Just to summarize it. MamaDee is a partner to a Nigerian/British Citizen with two kids (British Citizen by birth). She was denied ILR in the UK after the birth of her second son as a single mother. She returned to Nigeria. Applied for a visitor visa twice and was denied. Her partner return to Nigeria and they did Register marriage 2018. I encouraged her to use the EU free movement route back to the UK. She applied for Irish visa as spouse of eu citizen and was denied. Applied for Swedish visa and denied. She appeal the Swedish visa refusal and it failed. As a final attempt I asked her to try Germany, she applied for German visit visa and was given single entry for 10 days. She and her husband with the kids travel in December 2018 and eventually settled in Malta, where she applied and got her 5 year residency permit also known as Article 10 within 3 months. With her Malta residence permit, she then travel to the UK with her kids without a UK visa as spouse of eu Citizen. I was afraid she will be deported back to Malta has she has not spend up to 1 year in Malta. I actually did advise against it. But to the glory of God, she was admitted into the UK without any issue. Her passport was not even stamped meaning she has no restriction to work or remain in the UK. With her Article 10 residency permit she can apply for UK residence card as spouse of eu citizen. MamaDee you’re indeed a strong woman with determination. I wish you the very best as you settled in the UK.

14 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 8:07am On May 17, 2019
Lovesarrow:
Hey Guys
Please with this TLS issue, they are still asking me to make payments for assisted service considering that self service is currently unavailable
What do i do? i cant pay 55 pounds for 3 people na
Assisted service is 21 pounds..... 55pounds is for using VI as your submission centre,,,,you cant run away from it as long as you are using VI....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 10:09am On May 17, 2019
What I can advice is go at ure convinent day with ure 42k n tell them u want to do walk in service. They shld allow u cos it says on their website, u can use walk in b4 or after ure application date
njidekachi:
Pls I need urgent help. How will I reschedule my UK visa appointmtnt that is meant to take place tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abigalbee98(f): 11:23am On May 17, 2019
goodday famz,pls am asking this for my siblings,they are three. one in jss2,one ss1 and one is writing her waec and they want to apply for schools in uk,pls what step can they take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 2:33pm On May 17, 2019
Abigalbee98:
goodday famz,pls am asking this for my siblings,they are three. one in jss2,one ss1 and one is writing her waec and they want to apply for schools in uk,pls what step can they take?

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 3:09pm On May 17, 2019
Hello Oga @Justwise please, i want you to clarify this to me. I was refused 2years ago and I'm about to re-apply. The last time i used a hotel reservation and stated that i didn't know anyone there. Now my aunt in UK wants to invite me over and i also have our saved chat history.

Won't it complicate my visa application? Please advise me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 3:32pm On May 17, 2019
Just try to address whatever reason that got you refusal the last time. It's always easier to use hotel reservation for UK visa especially first time visitors.

Seeyat:
Hello Oga @Justwise please, i want you to clarify this to me. I was refused 2years ago and I'm about to re-apply. The last time i used a hotel reservation and stated that i didn't know anyone there. Now my aunt in UK wants to invite me over and i also have our saved chat history.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 5:45pm On May 17, 2019
Hello House,

Please after opting for self service and uploading the documents, do you still have to take the original ones on the appointment day?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 6:38pm On May 17, 2019
NO. The documents you have uploaded will be transferred ELECTRONICALLY to the visa office/officer.
the only physical documents u need are
submission print out page from edossier
original intl passport with photocopy of data page
checklist

NanaOne1:
Hello House,

Please after opting for self service and uploading the documents, do you still have to take the original ones on the appointment day?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 6:40pm On May 17, 2019
you must also have your appointment booking email with you and confirmation.

giselle237:
NO. The documents you have uploaded will be transferred ELECTRONICALLY to the visa office/officer.
checklist

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 6:47pm On May 17, 2019
Thank you

giselle237:
checklist

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Prisy50: 7:09pm On May 17, 2019
Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On May 17, 2019
Seeyat:

If spotted it will be an issue only if your aunt moved to the UK after your first application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 11:18pm On May 17, 2019
justwise:

If spotted it will be an issue only if your aunt moved to the UK after your first application

Thanks for replying, she has been living there for years.

Can i book a cheap hostel in that case?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olabisitaiye: 3:24am On May 18, 2019
hello I need advice. I applied for a visitors visa some weeks ago with the intention of writing an exam during the visit but didn't mention the exam in my application. I used a sponsor. Now I was denied coz they said I didn't explain my finances. the exam I want to do has it's own visa ie plab visa. now am thinking should I reapply with for a plab visa or should I still just stick with my visitor's visa. will it look like am not honest? is each application treated independently of previous ones?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Favourme84: 6:34am On May 18, 2019
ekpotek:

Mr ekpotet is an Angel..you will go far in life.Thank you for the great help you are doing for people.

@MamaDee So happy for you. Your case is worth writing a book. Many here may not know what you went through to get back to the UK. Just to summarize it. MamaDee is a partner to a Nigerian/British Citizen with two kids (British Citizen by birth). She was denied ILR in the UK after the birth of her second son as a single mother. She returned to Nigeria. Applied for a visitor visa twice and was denied. Her partner return to Nigeria and they did Register marriage 2018. I encouraged her to use the EU free movement route back to the UK. She applied for Irish visa as spouse of eu citizen and was denied. Applied for Swedish visa and denied. She appeal the Swedish visa refusal and it failed. As a final attempt I asked her to try Germany, she applied for German visit visa and was given single entry for 10 days. She and her husband with the kids travel in December 2018 and eventually settled in Malta, where she applied and got her 5 year residency permit also known as Article 10 within 3 months. With her Malta residence permit, she then travel to the UK with her kids without a UK visa as spouse of eu Citizen. I was afraid she will be deported back to Malta has she has not spend up to 1 year in Malta. I actually did advise against it. But to the glory of God, she was admitted into the UK without any issue. Her passport was not even stamped meaning she has no restriction to work or remain in the UK. With her Article 10 residency permit she can apply for UK residence card as spouse of eu citizen. MamaDee you’re indeed a strong woman with determination. I wish you the very best as you settled in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2019
Seeyat:

Thanks for replying, she has been living there for years.

Can i book a cheap hostel in that case?

Yes you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:07am On May 18, 2019
olabisitaiye:
hello I need advice. I applied for a visitors visa some weeks ago with the intention of writing an exam during the visit but didn't mention the exam in my application. I used a sponsor. Now I was denied coz they said I didn't explain my finances. the exam I want to do has it's own visa ie plab visa. now am thinking should I reapply with for a plab visa or should I still just stick with my visitor's visa. will it look like am not honest? is each application treated independently of previous ones?

1. There is nothing like plab visa.

2. Can you afford this trip without a sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arro: 8:52am On May 18, 2019
Please why is TLS charging fees and is the cash compulsory for every applicants both abuja and lagos before getting appointment date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 9:21am On May 18, 2019
[quote author=Amolad111 post=65354594][/quote]
Hi Justwise, Ekpotek & Gurus in the house,

Pardon me for my lengthy narration. I am part of a project execution in my office and as such, were told to go on annual leave early this year so as to achieve the project's goals.

I applied for a Visa and was issued successfully based on this major reason. In my preparation, I moved funds to my GBP account but with 100 pounds cash with me because I don't want to be moving cash around. . I have paid for my hostel and trains within London ahead while in Nigeria.

However, when I got to Heathrow's airport, the border officer complained that the cash I had with me was too small. I showed him the funds in my various accounts even with my GBP account but was denied entering. My office was contacted to confirm the veracity of my status and also my contact in the UK. The major reasons were I paid for 7 days hostel but have a return ticket of 12 days and I said I am seeing my contact in the UK.

I have the option to appeal but will take 28 working days to complete. In order not to jeopardise my project work in Nigeria, I opted to fly back home.

I later appealed the cancellation and the decision was neither rejected nor accepted with a condition that I should have appealed in the UK. Even the appeal fee was refunded. I want to re-apply for visa to use my leave in December and will state all the incidences with appropriate references.

Can I go ahead to apply and wont be seen as a sort of desperation?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2019
Amolad111:

Hi Justwise, Ekpotek & Gurus in the house,

Pardon me for my lengthy narration. I am part of a project execution in my office and as such, were told to go on annual leave early this year so as to achieve the project's goals.

I applied for a Visa and was issued successfully based on this major reason. In my preparation, I moved funds to my GBP account but with 100 pounds cash with me because I don't want to be moving cash around. . I have paid for my hostel and trains within London ahead while in Nigeria.

However, when I got to Heathrow's airport, the border officer complained that the cash I had with me was too small. I showed him the funds in my various accounts even with my GBP account but was denied entering. My office was contacted to confirm the veracity of my status and also my contact in the UK. The major reasons were I paid for 7 days hostel but have a return ticket of 12 days and I said I am seeing my contact in the UK.

I have the option to appeal but will take 28 working days to complete. In order not to jeopardise my project work in Nigeria, I opted to fly back home.

I later appealed the cancellation and the decision was neither rejected nor accepted with a condition that I should have appealed in the UK. Even the appeal fee was refunded. I want to re-apply for visa to use my leave in December and will state all the incidences with appropriate references.

Can I go ahead to apply and wont be seen as a sort of desperation?

Thank you.

When was this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.