Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524404 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 11:56am On May 18, 2019
justwise:

When was this?

It happened in March 2019. But I intend re-applying in October so that I can go in December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2019
Amolad111:

It happened in March 2019. But I intend re-applying in October so that I can go in December.

You can reapply anytime you are ready and correct the mistake you made previously and also explain what happened at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olabisitaiye: 12:48pm On May 18, 2019
justwise:

1. There is nothing like plab visa.

2. Can you afford this trip without a sponsor?

I currently don't have enough to sponsor the trip that is why I used a sponsor. Now in my reapplication am thinking of mentioning the exams bearing in mind that I didn't mention anything about exams in my first application. Hope it won't be an issue. or should I just reapply and address the issues they raised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by irewoleola(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2019
Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by irewoleola(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2019
Please how do I go about my UK visa without having someone over there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 1:12pm On May 18, 2019
justwise:

You can reapply anytime you are ready and correct the mistake you made previously and also explain what happened at the POE.

Thank you Justwise. Your efforts are always appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 1:21pm On May 18, 2019
justwise:

Yes you can
Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2019
Has anyone ever had issues with unreleased/witheld IELTS Lifeskills result before?
Kindly advise what was done and how long it took to release it.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 8:32pm On May 18, 2019
Lovesarrow:
Hey Guys
Please with this TLS issue, they are still asking me to make payments for assisted service considering that self service is currently unavailable
What do i do? i cant pay 55 pounds for 3 people na
No. I saw it on gov.uk this morning that scanning of documents will be free of charge for now until TLS issue is resolved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 9:38pm On May 18, 2019
Good evening house,
Please, I’m trying to fill a standard visit visa for my mum. I’ve read through this thread but just need some clarifications:
1. Both of my grandparents are late, so does it mean I must still include their names under her parents.
2. I want to sponsor her. Is 850 pounds okay for the whole trip since she will stay with me (accomodation and feeding)?
3. Must she co-sponsor this trip or I can singlehandedly sponsor her. Note- She can sponsor herself from the account balance she has, but since she is retired and most of her savings come from me and my siblings, I was thinking it was better to stand as a sponsor.
4. Must I submit both my Uk and naija bank account. Reason is that, I usually send her monthly upkeep to her from my naija account.
5. What is the maximum amount of days/weeks she can use? This is her first visa application, so I was thinking of 3 weeks. Is it too much?
Thanks for your response(s)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wintabotom: 4:02am On May 19, 2019
hello house can someone explain how flexi appointment works
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 6:09am On May 19, 2019
Walk in b4 or after ure appointment date by paying 42k.
wintabotom:
hello house can someone explain how flexi appointment works
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 10:00am On May 19, 2019
I'm going to try and respond to each of your concerns because i did something close in 2016 and it was granted.
1. Just say you dont have that information or one option close to that.
2. Do a budget for the trip. For example, she will need about 47k for visa, 250k for flight, and at least £200 for upkeep while with you. Do the maths
3. Try and sponsor her fully. She can attach her statement of account just to show prove of address and income as stated in the application form.
4. Attach both accounts and dont forget to menetion that you often send her money from your naira account. If possible, try and show how you fund that naira account.
5. Reduce her stay to between 10-14 days. Remember it's her first time, the longer she stays the more funds you have to show to accomodate her.

Lastly, please attach a document to show she's your mum, like birth certicate.

Please note that these are my own personal experience, others can share theirs.

Marytee2:
Good evening house,
Please, I’m trying to fill a standard visit visa for my mum. I’ve read through this thread but just need some clarifications:
1. Both of my grandparents are late, so does it mean I must still include their names under her parents.
2. I want to sponsor her. Is 850 pounds okay for the whole trip since she will stay with me (accomodation and feeding)?
3. Must she co-sponsor this trip or I can singlehandedly sponsor her. Note- She can sponsor herself from the account balance she has, but since she is retired and most of her savings come from me and my siblings, I was thinking it was better to stand as a sponsor.
4. Must I submit both my Uk and naija bank account. Reason is that, I usually send her monthly upkeep to her from my naija account.
5. What is the maximum amount of days/weeks she can use? This is her first visa application, so I was thinking of 3 weeks. Is it too much?
Thanks for your response(s)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viqtour(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2019
Pls for someone going to UK for private medical trip with his wife, like how much cash can the person carry and can it be in dollar? I plan to get like 600usd for them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 10:14am On May 19, 2019
I'll advise you go with pounds from Ngr, you 'll most likely lose money when you change dollar to poundsin the UK. As per how much, your circumstances will determine how much you need for the trip.

Viqtour:
Pls for someone going to UK for private medical trip with his wife, like how much cash can the person carry and can it be in dollar? I plan to get like 600usd for them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Viqtour(m): 10:23am On May 19, 2019
cerezo:
I'll advise you go with pounds from Ngr, you 'll most likely lose money when you change dollar to poundsin the UK. As per how much, your circumstances will determine how much you need for the trip.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oreolu1540(m): 10:58am On May 19, 2019
dear nairalander
i applied for uk tourist visa last month and was refused find attached the letter i received from uk embassy, presently am employed with 230-250k monthly salary, and i also got 100 to 120k on my private business which i registered this year but i never include the cac certificate it with provided document. am planning to reapply in next 6 months now kindly advice, i have been to 4 different countries including south africa and dubai

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 19, 2019
Hi house good evening , please I need assistance with scheduling an appointment, after filing the form on the gov.uk site then I paid and was redirected to TLS but I don’t understand how that site works again everything is just somehow. angry please pardon me. If there’s anyone who’s familiar kindly help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wintabotom: 6:51pm On May 19, 2019
thank u but do i have to fix an appointment date at all. Can i just walk in without booking an appointment?
Floraoye0417:
Walk in b4 or after ure appointment date by paying 42k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 19, 2019
I’ve been able to book an assisted appointment for my mom & sibling , another challenge I’m facing is I saw the option of paying £85 for going as a family , this was what we could do for free before o cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbaby09: 9:45pm On May 19, 2019
Guys plsssss..: I need help .::

Good morning Family and the ever helpful group heads. Please I need clarity on these

• my mum has been to the uk once and now wants to renew. ( she sponsored herself then in 2012) even though her business wasn’t registered then and even now too.
But I’ve seen that the forms are now more explicit.

• she wants to renew again but I’m
Confused as to if she should sponsor herself again but her business isn’t registered. She’s been sewing for over 40 years. Her account and investments can cover her but what do we do as per proof of source of funds ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SuccessGee(m): 11:42pm On May 19, 2019
Hi guys,

I am trying to book an appointment for a family/group but not sure how it works. Will each member of the family pay a separate Flexi fee or one flexi fee covers everyone ? Pls need urgent answer. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 3:24am On May 20, 2019
U have to pick a date. U can choose d self-service that is free but then take along ure money for the walk in. U show them at the gate u have appointment but u wanna do walk in.
wintabotom:
thank u but do i have to fix an appointment date at all. Can i just walk in without booking an appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 10:10am On May 20, 2019
You don't take along your money, you go with your ATM card

Floraoye0417:
U have to pick a date. U can choose d self-service that is free but then take along ure money for the walk in. U show them at the gate u have appointment but u wanna do walk in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 11:42am On May 20, 2019
I assumed the person shld know. Its on their website.
Hunnybee:
You don't take along your money, you go with your ATM card

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 11:44am On May 20, 2019
Dear House,

Please when adding family pictures on an A4 sheet, should it be in coloured or it can be in black/white

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 11:53am On May 20, 2019
NanaOne1:
Dear House,

Please when adding family pictures on an A4 sheet, should it be in coloured or it can be in black/white

Thank you
Either of the two
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SuccessGee(m): 12:04pm On May 20, 2019
Please does anyone have an idea how this flexi thing works. Does one fee covers all or each family member has to pay a separate fee.

SuccessGee:
Hi guys,

I am trying to book an appointment for a family/group but not sure how it works. Will each member of the family pay a separate Flexi fee or one flexi fee covers everyone ? Pls need urgent answer. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.