Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1510997 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sonmom: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
good day guys, please i want to know i"m right, i received a mail in this format below last week:

[b]Your UK visa application has been despatched: GWFxxxxxxxxxxx
May 30 at 8:54 AM
Raw messagePrintable view

UKHUBVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk
To: xxxxxxxx
Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

OR

- You submitted your application at the following locations:
Cyprus, Gibraltar, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Malta, Norway, Denmark and Estonia,
you will receive an email from DHL within 1-2 working days with your waybill number. You can track your application via the DHL website using this waybill number.

FOR APPLICATIONS FROM USA:

If you submitted your application via a US Department of Homeland Security Application Support Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly. If you have not already done so, please ensure your passport is sent to the New York Scanning Hub to avoid any delays.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to UKVI.

You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards,

Visits UK
UK Visa Section
Croydon

This mailbox is for external delivery only and is not monitored. If you wish to contact UK Visas and Immigration, please see the guidance available here:
www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you have a query regarding your application, UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office/about/personal-information-charter[/b]

and till now no mail received for collection!!

As anyone received this kind of message,if yes, wots d end result? And is it all refusals sent by mail now?

Thanks, b seriously waiting for ur response please...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=Menakay post=78983480][/quote]
You can apply for 5 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FYsol: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ok

flabroy:
Additional 1 week judging by my friends experiences

Please Fysol can we talk in private or better still can I call you for private talks...please you can flash me here 08142596017 I will call u back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
Jyyes:
I had just collected my 2 years visa for myself and my wife, and 6 months for our 5 months old daughter on Friday. I submitted at Abuja on the 3rd of May. Now I am saying this base on experience. I choosed a regular appointment with assisted service for every member of the family. Although appointments isn’t as tight In Abj unlike VI and Ikeja.

I opened all 3 application in different browsers the same time, mine was on google chrome, my wife’s own was on Mozilla Firefox and my daughters own was on internet explorer, I choosed the same dates and time swiftly and it was around 11pm.

When we got there the security personnel at the entrance merged us as a family of 3. That’s it.

However, because of the rush and loads of application mostly in VI and Ikeja base on the summer break he will have to choose a much later date to get a regular assisted service because a lot of people are accessing the site at this time.

Thank you for the feedback
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sonmom: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Please guys,is it true refusal letters are sent through mails now? And as anyone who as received this mail format:
your UK Visa application as been dispatched from the UK visa section

Collected his or her passport yet? Please let us know the outcome? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
dcutey:

Unfortunately, i don't think it's possible to change location after choosing; I think I remember seeing a statement concerning this on the page when one chooses location.

Ok, thank you... Buh can I do walk in ikeja after I've booked appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
stefanimay:

Ok, thank you... Buh can I do walk in ikeja after I've booked appointment.

Yes. You'll pay 42k via ATM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good evening all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student in the UK, I recently had a baby and want to invite my mum to come help me. My husband will fully sponsor her trip. Please do we still need her statement of account? My mum is just a petty trader. Also my husband changed to self employed January this year, he hasn't done all tax payment for this year. Do we still need to provide tax clearance? Please my people help me out. Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
Also for inviting my mum, these are the documents I intend to submit.

1. Utility bills
2. Confirmation of student status from my uni
3. Invitation letter
4. Hubby bank statement
5. Hubby company registration certificate
6. Our joint account showing savings
7. Our passports and visa here
8. Tenancy agreement

Please which other documents am I missing out?
Also can I send all this via mail to my mum to use for her application or its original copy that is required?

Lastly, is there any interview for visitor visa? My mum is not educated, will they allow someone to go inside with her or she has to enter alone for her appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=sonmom post=78981608]good day guys, please i want to know i"m right, i received a mail in this format below last week:

[b]Your UK visa application has been despatched: GWFxxxxxxxxxxx
May 30 at 8:54 AM
Raw messagePrintable view

UKHUBVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk
To: xxxxxxxx
Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

OR

- You submitted your application at the following locations:
Cyprus, Gibraltar, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Malta, Norway, Denmark and Estonia,
you will receive an email from DHL within 1-2 working days with your waybill number. You can track your application via the DHL website using this waybill number.

FOR APPLICATIONS FROM USA:

If you submitted your application via a US Department of Homeland Security Application Support Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly. If you have not already done so, please ensure your passport is sent to the New York Scanning Hub to avoid any delays.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to UKVI.

You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards,

Visits UK
UK Visa Section
Croydon

This mailbox is for external delivery only and is not monitored. If you wish to contact UK Visas and Immigration, please see the guidance available here:
www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you have a query regarding your application, UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office/about/personal-information-charter[/b]

and till now no mail received for collection!!

As anyone received this kind of message,if yes, wots d end result? And is it all refusals sent by mail now?

Thanks, b seriously waiting for ur

The email doesnt signify that you have been given or refused... Just wait patiently for your parcel . No fear

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
I received same mail and got my passport with my issued visa. Your visa should read UKVI 02, while Sheffield is UKVI 01 as the place of issue if approved (Croydon)
sonmom:
Please guys,is it true refusal letters are sent through mails now? And as anyone who as received this mail format:
your UK Visa application as been dispatched from the UK visa section

Collected his or her passport yet? Please let us know the outcome? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sonmom: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
ozymes:
I received same mail and got my passport with my issued visa. Your visa should read UKVI 02, while Sheffield is UKVI 01 as the place of issue if approved (Croydon)

Please when did u get ur passport and do u v any idea dat refusal letters r now send by mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
Got my passport on the 3rd day. Not sure of the refusal letter by mail, but I saw it somewhere on this forum that it is the trend now
sonmom:

Please, when did u get ur passport and do u v any idea dat refusal letters r now send by mail?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Renee25: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hi guys, I'm currently in the UK studying, and my husband is coming to visit. Do I have to write an invitation letter for him to get a visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
TSL is ripping Nigerians off with all these premium lounge nonsense. Why fill all the time slots with premium service and charge people over 70 pounds? Premium service slots shouldn't be more than regular service slots. This is Broad daylight robbery

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please is it possible to change travel date on my cover letter?

We have just submitted an application and then found that the only available dates for biometric is about 9 days before our travel date. (This is one of the downside of submission before seeing available time slots).

Can we change the date on the cover letter and explain why?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
do walk in
MollyBank:
Hello everyone,

Please is it possible to change travel date on my cover letter?

We have just submitted an application and then found that the only available dates for biometric is about 9 days before our travel date. (This is one of the downside of submission before seeing available time slots).

Can we change the date on the cover letter and explain why?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
ozymes:
do walk in

Thank you. Can I do 'walk in' in Abuja without an appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Belovedolu: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
MollyBank:

Thank you. Can I do 'walk in' in Abuja without an appointment?
Yes. Just pick any available date and walk in with your printed appointment letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
Abini2012:

Yes. You'll pay 42k via ATM

Thank yu very much...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
Belovedolu:

Yes. Just pick any available date and walk in with your printed appointment letter

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
MollyBank:

Thank you.

Dont forget.
Walk in cost 42k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
oluayebenz:

Dont forget.
Walk in cost 42k

LOL, I presume i will have to pay when I get there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
MollyBank:

LOL, I presume i will have to pay when I get there?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Manlikethomas: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
@justwise this is my sister's refusal letter,she's a retired tailor but earns income from her late husband's properties as rent,first time applicant, the huge cash deposits on her statement was made my her sponsor who is her son in the uk. she included land document for the house which resides but didn't declare that she earns income from her tenants. We want to reapply how do we go about it, should the son claim the deposit as the money meant to cover the trip. Please i need suggestions.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:09am On Jun 05, 2019
Manlikethomas:
@justwise this is my sister's refusal letter,she's a retired tailor but earns income from her late husband's properties as rent,first time applicant, the huge cash deposits on her statement was made my her sponsor who is her son in the uk. she included land document for the house which resides but didn't declare that she earns income from her tenants. We want to reapply how do we go about it, should the son claim the deposit as the money meant to cover the trip. Please i need suggestions.

We keep repeating here over and over again about huge cash deposit and the need to explain the source of the money but still people will go ahead and make the same mistake.

If you have any huge deposit in your account explain it and possible backup with paper evidence if you have any.

You can write a cover letter or explain it in the form

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jobac: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2019
Belovedolu:

My boss will try it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.