Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1519995 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OneNaija(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2019
Hi guys, I just want to ask one question. A friend of mine apply for UK visa in Europe. 21th of May and got a message that his passport has been despatched from the UK visa section on the 3rd of June. It just 9 working days. Do you think it a good sign since the passport has been sent early or bad news? Because it say 15 working days for 100 % decided. He is nervous. Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:09am On Jun 05, 2019
The email is generic.You will only know the outcome when you receive your passport from TLS

sonmom:
good day guys, please i want to know i"m right, i received a mail in this format below last week:

[b]Your UK visa application has been despatched: GWFxxxxxxxxxxx
May 30 at 8:54 AM
Raw messagePrintable view

UKHUBVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk
To: xxxxxxxx
Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

OR

- You submitted your application at the following locations:
Cyprus, Gibraltar, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Malta, Norway, Denmark and Estonia,
you will receive an email from DHL within 1-2 working days with your waybill number. You can track your application via the DHL website using this waybill number.

FOR APPLICATIONS FROM USA:

If you submitted your application via a US Department of Homeland Security Application Support Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly. If you have not already done so, please ensure your passport is sent to the New York Scanning Hub to avoid any delays.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to UKVI.

You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards,

Visits UK
UK Visa Section
Croydon

This mailbox is for external delivery only and is not monitored. If you wish to contact UK Visas and Immigration, please see the guidance available here:
www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you have a query regarding your application, UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office/about/personal-information-charter[/b]

and till now no mail received for collection!!

As anyone received this kind of message,if yes, wots d end result? And is it all refusals sent by mail now?

Thanks, b seriously waiting for ur response please...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:14am On Jun 05, 2019
I don't think you should spend that much as this does NOT guarantee visa approval.
Cancel the application and reapply with free center(Ikeja), free date and you can pay for courier if you so desire.

nonoski:
Good day house,
Please i am a little confused about the TLS website.
I choose VI Centre
for my Biometerics was charged 55GBP each
for return courier was charged 14GBP each
for Flexi was charged 84GBP each (coz they insist applying as family must pay for flexi)
Total about 170 GBP per person (N400,000)
I am applying for 5 family members do i need to pay all these fees just for a visa?
Isn't this extortion?

This excludes 4,400GPB already paid for visa fees.
I am already thinking of cancelling the application what is the refund procedure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2019
Revenue drive you said.....?I think is better than US embassy who will collect your money and no visa will be given,Atleast UK still give visa....much more better than USA.

stefanimay:

"revenue drive" exactly, which is sad.�... Anyways is it possible to change location to VI cause I'm finding it difficult + I've called them, their number not going through..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kino47: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2019
Hello guys whats the longest time one can wait after printing statement before applying.i mean how long can I wait before the statements stales/expire.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kunzzy4me(m): 10:37am On Jun 05, 2019
kino47:
Hello guys whats the longest time one can wait after printing statement before applying.i mean how long can I wait before the statemh
ents stales/expire.
I wish to know too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2019
kunzzy4me:

I wish to know too

14-15 days mostly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2019
kino47:
Hello guys whats the longest time one can wait after printing statement before applying.i mean how long can I wait before the statements stales/expire.

Why not print it before submission instead printing and waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2019
Many thanks bro...God bless.
justwise:

1. Yes you can

2. You need to present an updated ones

3. I got no idea, you just to explain exactly what happened
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2019
OneNaija:
Hi guys, I just want to ask one question. A friend of mine apply for UK visa in Europe. 21th of May and got a message that his passport has been despatched from the UK visa section on the 3rd of June. It just 9 working days. Do you think it a good sign since the passport has been sent early or bad news? Because it say 15 working days for 100 % decided. He is nervous. Thanks guys

Why is he afraid? It can be either; the pace has nothing to do with approval or rejection. Perhaps it's a period of less activities and decisions can be taken asap based on what he stated in his application. I have had less than 5 days before and granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
MollyBank:
Hello everyone,

Please is it possible to change travel date on my cover letter?

We have just submitted an application and then found that the only available dates for biometric is about 9 days before our travel date. (This is one of the downside of submission before seeing available time slots).

Can we change the date on the cover letter and explain why?

Thanks.

yes, u can change travel date and give a comprehensive reason why the date was changed. As u said because of the biometric. explain and screenshot the details of the hotel reservation and paste it on the cover letter and also attached the reservation confirmation u made. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
Renee25:
Hi guys, I'm currently in the UK studying, and my husband is coming to visit. Do I have to write an invitation letter for him to get a visiting visa?

No! you can not invite your hubby to the Uk because you don't have a settlement status. u are only in the UK temporary studying. The only invitation u can give is an invitation inviting him to your graduation. u can only invite y hubby if you have an indefinite leave to remain or u are a citizen. The only thing you can do for your hubby is to provide accommodation for him and attached your tendency agreement and sign by the landlord that your apartment can take two people. you also prove your address with your water bill or any other bills that state your address. but if u are not able to accommodate him he has to book a hotel or hostel reservation.

your hubby can only visit you on his own. Then he can include your details in the application form. when asked in the application form do you have anybody in the UK, he has to mention you, will he visit u, he said yes and state your status in the UK if you are in the there temporary. He should also write in the cover letter that he will be visiting you and give details of you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
OneNaija:

No need to be nervous, it is a good sign. As soon as it is dispatched he will be informed, so the process might get up to 15working days bf he gets his passport . just tell your friend to keep calm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
kino47:
Hello guys what's the longest time one can wait after printing statement before applying.I mean how long can I wait before the statements stales/expire.

The best thing to do complete your application form and book your appointment, give two or three days to enable you to print out your statements of account. printing of statement of account does not take long. for e.g, If the appointment dates are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8. take the 4th day to book your appointment and print your statement of account on the 1st or 2nd.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
I think is 2weeks from the day you print.

kino47:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OneNaija(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Monmarri:

No need to be nervous, it is a good sign. As soon as it is dispatched he will be informed, so the process might get up to 15working days bf he gets his passport . just tell your friend to keep calm.
. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
bestbian:
Good evening all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student in the UK, I recently had a baby and want to invite my mum to come help me. My husband will fully sponsor her trip. Please do we still need her statement of account? My mum is just a petty trader. Also my husband changed to self employed January this year, he hasn't done all tax payment for this year. Do we still need to provide tax clearance? Please my people help me out. Thank you all

congrats on your baby. I hope your hubby av a settlement status in the UK or he is a citizen to invite your mum? if yes, he can fully sponsor your mummy. I will advise your mummy to provide her statement of account for six months even if your hubby will sponsor her. your mum has to write a cover letter stating that she has a petty shop and how much she makes each month and wish to visit her daughter and new grandchild in the UK to be able to assist her daughter who gave birth, she will be staying for some duration of time like 3months or four months(Please state the actual duration u wish her to stay,d'nt put two weeks and your mum comes and stay for 5months, this will affect future application) and also state that her tie in Nigeria to convince the ECO that she will be coming bk after her stay. her tie can be her hubby, children and the petty store

since your hubby is a self-employed person, he will need to provide his tax clearance, the paid and unpaid, provided that he is paying his tax in installment. The self-employed route he will need to provide all necessary documents for his business. The registration of his company from the company's house, all the invoices payments and statement of accounts of his business and personal account. then the tenancy agreetment, water bill, and electricity bills and any other relevant documents. He should also provide his financial account for the year from a good accountant, it also helps, at least the ECO can see from his financial statement that he is able to sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
bestbian:
Also for inviting my mum, these are the documents I intend to submit.

1. Utility bills
2. Confirmation of student status from my uni
3. Invitation letter
4. Hubby bank statement
5. Hubby company registration certificate
6. Our joint account showing savings
7. Our passports and visa here
8. Tenancy agreement

Please which other documents am I missing out? include your child's birth certificate, passport, and pictures (This enables the ECO to know there is a newborn baby.
Also can I send all this via mail to my mum to use for her application or its original copy that is required?

Lastly, is there any interview for a visitor visa? My mum is not educated, will they allow someone to go inside with her or she has to enter alone for her appointment?

Please, which other documents am I missing out?
include your child's birth certificate, passport, and pictures (This enable the ECO to know there is a newborn baby that mum is coming to take care of)

Also can I send all this via mail to my mum to use for her application or its original copy that is required? mostly original copy is required but you can send it to her through the E-mail i will advise you to fill the form for her from the uk and upload all necessary information from your own side, then your mum scan her signed statement of account to your email and her cover letter, u can assist her to write the cover letter since u said she is not educated, then book appointment and pay for her visa.

Lastly, is there any interview for a visitor visa? There is no interview. only for her to go for her biometric and submit her passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
Monmarri:

congrats on your baby. I hope your hubby av a settlement status in the UK or he is a citizen to invite your mum? if yes, he can fully sponsor your mummy. I will advise your mummy to provide her statement of account for six months even if your hubby will sponsor her. your mum has to write a cover letter stating that she has a petty shop and how much she makes each month and wish to visit her daughter and new grandchild in the UK to be able to assist her daughter who gave birth, she will be staying for some duration of time like 3months or four months(Please state the actual duration u wish her to stay,d'nt put two weeks and your mum comes and stay for 5months, this will affect future application) and also state that her tie in Nigeria to convince the ECO that she will be coming bk after her stay. her tie can be her hubby, children and the petty store

since your hubby is a self-employed person, he will need to provide his tax clearance, the paid and unpaid, provided that he is paying his tax in installment. The self-employed route he will need to provide all necessary documents for his business. The registration of his company from the company's house, all the invoices payments and statement of accounts of his business and personal account. then the tenancy agreetment, water bill, and electricity bills and any other relevant documents. He should also provide his financial account for the year from a good accountant, it also helps, at least the ECO can see from his financial statement that he is able to sponsor

The first part of the information is wrong. You don’t have to be a settled person to invite someone. As long as you are legally resident that’s all you need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Monmarri:

No! you can not invite your hubby to the Uk because you don't have a settlement status. u are only in the UK temporary studying. The only invitation u can give is an invitation inviting him to your graduation. u can only invite y hubby if you have an indefinite leave to remain or u are a citizen. The only thing you can do for your hubby is to provide accommodation for him and attached your tendency agreement and sign by the landlord that your apartment can take two people. you also prove your address with your water bill or any other bills that state your address. but if u are not able to accommodate him he has to book a hotel or hostel reservation.

your hubby can only visit you on his own. Then he can include your details in the application form. when asked in the application form do you have anybody in the UK, he has to mention you, will he visit u, he said yes and state your status in the UK if you are in the there temporary. He should also write in the cover letter that he will be visiting you and give details of you.

This is not true

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
Renee25:
Hi guys, I'm currently in the UK studying, and my husband is coming to visit. Do I have to write an invitation letter for him to get a visiting visa?

Yes and attach data page of your passport and photocopy of your student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
bestbian:
Good evening all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student in the UK, I recently had a baby and want to invite my mum to come help me. My husband will fully sponsor her trip. Please do we still need her statement of account? My mum is just a petty trader. Also my husband changed to self employed January this year, he hasn't done all tax payment for this year. Do we still need to provide tax clearance? Please my people help me out. Thank you all

Include her bank statement and explain in details that she is a petty trader and that the trip will be fully sponsored by your hubby.

Your hubby should do his tax return so as to support his net income

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
bestbian:

Tax returns are done 1 year in arrears. Meaning, if it is this year January that your husband became self employed then his tax returns are not due yet. The tax returns he should have now are the tax returns for last year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:22am On Jun 06, 2019
justwise:

This is not true

O! Really . I taught that only Settlement status can invite. Thanks for the correction. Please kindly explain . We all are learning every day. I appreciate your comment

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:27am On Jun 06, 2019
Uglyduckling:

The first part of the information is wrong. You don’t have to be a settled person to invite someone. As long as you are legally resident that’s all you need.

O! Thanks . That is true . It is only for spouse settlement and bringing your family that one need to be British or AV indenfite leave. Thanks for the observation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2019
Good morning gurus,

I intend applying for a UK visa in July and a friend has already sent me his British passport data page, Invitation, bank statement, tax clearance, and evidence of properties owned, as well as clearly stated in the invitation letter that he will be responsible for my accommondation and feeding.

While I was previously refuse visa a year ago on the ground that the source of my fund is unknown, I hope to address the issues raised for my refusal.

Question?

1. Should the next application be tourist/visiting visa?

2. I registered a company with CAC after my first refusal but I have not opened a company account with the name and all the transaction has been going into my personal account. Do you think it is a wise decision to mention the company?

3. Should I use a fresh document in my next application or use some document from the previous application to address the refusal?

4. Though I wrote an explanation of the fund in my cover letter, I realized the VO did not take his/her time to read through it. This time around, should I write the explanation in the "extra information section of the online application form" or use the cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2019
Monmarri:

Bro. Any UK resident can invite anyone in the UK. Be it if u are on a student visa, work visa, e.t.c. You dont have to have settlement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2019
Monmarri:

O! Thanks . That is true . It is only for spouse settlement and bringing your family that one need to be British or AV indenfite leave. Thanks for the observation
You can also bring spouse and your family if you have Tier 4, Tier 2 and other visa. In this case, this will be dependant visa. Only your children and spouse are eligible for dependant visa. Your spouse on dependant visa can work full time, collect Maternity allowance and SMP. But they are not entitled to other benefits. Your children (less than 16) can attend free school. Your spouse and children are entitled to free health care. Please let us not pass wrong information.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2019
He has been granted if you received email from home office twice before tsl you have been granted trust me he will come give testimony

Yommieyomi:
The email is generic.You will only know the outcome when you receive your passport from TLS

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sonmom: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
castiello:

He has been granted if you received email from home office twice before tsl you have been granted trust me he will come give testimony

AMEN AMEN AMEN...I JUST RECEIVED 2 MAILS TODAY FROM TSL FOR COLLECTION
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
DMainMan:

You can also bring spouse and your family if you have Tier 4, Tier 2 and other visa. In this case, this will be dependant visa. Only your children and spouse are eligible for dependant visa. Your spouse on dependant visa can work full time, collect Maternity allowance and SMP. But they are not entitled to other benefits. Your children (less than 16) can attend free school. Your spouse and children are entitled to free health care. Please let us not pass wrong information.

many thanks for this information. i appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monmarri: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
DMainMan:

Bro. Any UK resident can invite anyone in the UK. Be it if u are on a student visa, work visa, e.t.c. You dont have to have settlement.

many thanks for this information. i appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.