Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria (850 Views)

Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case / I Will Be President Of Nigeria – Dino Melaye Declares / Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by Emilord(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
A LETTER TO MR PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA

Sir,I have categorically said it on several occasions that this conglomerate of various entities called NIGERIA will not have good prospect if certain things are not put into places forthwith. Am sorry to say Sir but as it stands now,one can without any likelihood of being in danger of dilemma bet predictably that NIGERIA will never score with this type of DEMOCRACY(which some persons have tagged 'DEMOCRAZY':demonstration of craziness under the disguised ruse of the actual DEMOCRACY,regrettably though).

Though as expected Sir,it should be the desire of every average Nigeria thinking reasonably to be auspicious about the prospect of Nigeria as an entity,this ofcourse is innate. Nevertheless Sir,I am unable to hide from the realities of NIGERIA as a NATION. My grievances Sir, or perhaps disappointments could stem from any of the various bug bear problems holding NIGERIA hostage from progressing like other world economies,but repeat not,sir the latest is in connection with the ministerial nominees submitted by the Executive to the National Assembly. Sir,Upon an indepth proper perusal of the list,of which I have taken the pain to do myself,a concerned Nigerian youth would no doubt be disappointed(for good reason though). Of the list of the nominees which fortunately included three women(kudos to you Sir )to my chagrin I was unable to find a youth,not to talk of a bubbling youth. Sir,One wonders whether there are no able youths in Nigeria anymore or that the youths of this country have been completely left in the lurch in deciding the progress of this great country.

Sir,when we look at the other great world economies,none of them obviate including youths in the running of the affairs of their countries. Sir,I need not remind you that you became the Nigeria military president when you were not even upto 40 years of age,and I must commend you that it is because of your youthful hue then that made you fight corruption and indiscipline in the country then.

With respect Sir,some of us that voted you cannot absolutely say that we have been impressed so far. But I have no doubt that as the president of the most populous black nation that you will heed to the yearning of the youths so as to further lend credence to the CHANGE you have preached which made us to entrust you with the future of this COUNTRY.

Sir,we look forward that the youths of this country should completely be involved in the administration of this NATION so as to ensure wholesome progress of this great COUNTRY.

THANK YOU SIR,and may God bless NIGERIA.

From a concerned Nigerian youth: VINCENT EMEKA NWASAH
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by Bitterleafsoup: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
My Dear you have rasied some great points.
The one most touching is how your President promised the youth he would include us in his administration. That he and others were under the age of 50 while holding executive positions is an important campaign propaganda that he was fond of using in his intervews you can find on Youtube.

I am proud of you for having the courage to admit you voted for him and speaking out the truth that this is not what you were voting for. This makes you a real citizen of democracy.
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Emilord, at this stage we need not concern ourselves with whether the youth of this country weren't included in the ministerial list of PMB.

I tell you that to me, many of the youth have already failed, I mean, take a good look at the number one body that represent the youth in Nigeria (NANS) and see what they're doing will make you almost weep.

I believe you heard the tale of parliament members of a federal university allocating millions to themselves just to make phone calls?.

Brother, believe me when I tell you that the youth of modern day Nigeria are much much worse than our leaders, and the ones who are good/better are too scared to show themselves.

So to include a youth in this stage means you want to throw unnecessary responsibility (which they can't handle) on them. Look at the country today and see what majority of the youth are doing and tell me if there is anything to write about. Many youth who occupy position(s) of authority use it to loot like no mans business.

That's why to me, I really don't care who occupies what position and what sex, religion or age they are, what I need to know is "can they do they job?" Plain and simple.

Brother, the sooner we start telling ourselves the truth and asking the right questions, the better it will be for us all.
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
while the OP May have raised valid points, I think emphasis on youth is overrated. are we going to import youths from Italy? or isn't it the same youths that gave Buruji Kashamu, a wanted drug baron, some award recently?

the same youth that seemed to have lost their voices during wanton corruption of the past 16 years?

wasn't Dimeji Bankole a youth?

youths need to re-orientate themselves abeg.
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by Emilord(m): 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Emilord, at this stage we need not concern ourselves with whether the youth of this country weren't included in the ministerial list of PMB.

I tell you that to me, many of the youth have already failed, I mean, take a good look at the number one body that represent the youth in Nigeria (NANS) and see what they're doing will make you almost weep.

I believe you heard the tale of parliament members of a federal university allocating millions to themselves just to make phone calls?.

Brother, believe me when I tell you that the youth of modern day Nigeria are much much worse than our leaders, and the ones who are good/better are too scared to show themselves.

So to include a youth in this stage means you want to throw unnecessary responsibility (which they can't handle) on them. Look at the country today and see what majority of the youth are doing and tell me if there is anything to write about. Many youth who occupy position(s) of authority use it to loot like no mans business.

That's why to me, I really don't care who occupies what position and what sex, religion or age they are, what I need to know is "can they do they job?" Plain and simple.

Brother, the sooner we start telling ourselves the truth and asking the right questions, the better it will be for us all.
bro,i can fully appreciate your worries in regards to the behaviour of few youth that have manned top positions in the past,but even at that,one cannot assume that there are no longer good youths in Nigeria. I can tell you,we are not worse than the old men that have been manning the affairs of this this country in the recent past. Youth atleast need representation. Thanks
Re: A Letter To Mr President Of Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Emilord:
bro,i can fully appreciate your worries in regards to the behaviour of few youth that have manned top positions in the past,but even at that,one cannot assume that there are no longer good youths in Nigeria. I can tell you,we are not worse than the old men that have been manning the affairs of this this country in the recent past. Youth atleast need representation. Thanks
Brother, I feel you, but you know the corrupt youth who occupy those position of note will never allow anyone who want to change the status quo to get into that post.

(1) (Reply)

Pics: Between Oby Ezekwesili And Bukola Saraki / Akwa Ibom Elections Tribunal: List Of Lgas For Re-run / PDP Senators Turn Dumb During Amaechi’s Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.