Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531203 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by don33310(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pls house,I need help,I was suppose to have my interview 15th June but was not interviewed cos my DS 160 confirmation number didn't match my appointment number. How do I rectify it.So that I can have another date for interview. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
don33310:
Pls house,I need help,I was suppose to have my interview 15th June but was not interviewed cos my DS 160 confirmation number didn't match my appointment number. How do I rectify it.So that I can have another date for interview. Thanks
Lolz! Okay, good. Let's do a test run now peeps! Sir, kindly revert to the very first comment of this thread on page 0. Your answer and the solution is right there

#UnusualSuspectThingsIBelieve

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by YoboTerry(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
Anyone can contribute to this

Someone was denied US visa and after three months he want to apply again but his circumstances have not changed that is he want to present the same information like the one on the previous application.

Is it possible for them to give him Visa?

has anyone done that and they give the person visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
ekpotek:

@LadyG. Very possible to book an appointment before submitting DS160 form. All you need is the DS160 application reference number that is system generated and GTB payment reference number. Any DS160 reference number that has never been used before is acceptable to the appointment system. The risk is not been able to retrieve your form with correct DS160 reference number when ready to submit after 30days. Most applicants trying to beat the system, keep fine-tuning their application and only submit it a day or few days to their interview date, erroneously believing that VO will not enough time to study their submission.
Beautiful. So the question is, why take an avoidable risk? What will 1 or2 extra days filling the form cost an applicant? Compare that to the stress of spamming this thread and airtime calling the embassy. Or even the tp to the embassy only to be turned back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
@ladyG please I have travel insurance that I didn't use last year . Can I still use it this year ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Atmmachine:

Dawg
Are you really sure you're in the U.S ??
No V.O will ask if you have booked a flight while interviewing you, there job is to give you a visa.

What you will be worried about is being able to get a visa.
As for the flight arrangements, you can book her flight anytime.
thks so much,,,,,,,,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
OmoBendel24:

No. But to be relaxed, you could do a flight reservation a night to or on the morn of the interview to reflect same, hold the printout. That gives some confidence, right? You won't be asked for it, but just in case, let the VO know ticket is as good as bought once you pass your visa interview with him or her and your passport is collected from you for visa processing, Na to "jog" go airport remain be that Na.
really aapreciate. thx for advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by YoboTerry(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
YoboTerry:
Anyone can contribute to this

Someone was denied US visa and after three months he want to apply again but his circumstances have not changed that is he want to present the same information like the one on the previous application.

Is it possible for them to give him Visa?

has anyone done that and they give the person visa?
someone should comment on this pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
YoboTerry:

someone should comment on this pls

Anything is possible however unlikely!
The guidance from the embassy is
"Do not re-apply unless your circumstances have changed substantially."

If he can afford the fee, let him apply.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by YoboTerry(m): 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
worry359:

Anything is possible however unlikely! The guidance from the embassy is "Do not re-apply unless your circumstances have changed substantially."
thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
worry359:

Anything is possible however unlikely!
The guidance from the embassy is
"Do not re-apply unless your circumstances have changed substantially."

More like if he has visa fee to throw away

@Azuh I know zilch about travel insurance. Read the terms and conditions na. That could hold the key to the answer

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Beautiful. So the question is, why take an avoidable risk? What will 1 or2 extra days filling the form cost an applicant? Compare that to the stress of spamming this thread and airtime calling the embassy. Or even the tp to the embassy only to be turned back

I will use myself as a practical example. I booked our appointment before submitting d DS160 forms for 2 reason. D passport photos required for my wife n kids were not yet taken (learnt on dis forum on how to circumvent that now. thanks to ladyG) 2. I wanted an early date so that I can try other countries if denied before d summer madness began. I almost succeeded unscathed until I discovered I didn't save my son's DS. 160 form properly before using d code to book for an appointment. Did what I learnt on dis platform and d rest they say is history. In as much as it is good to follow d rules peculiar circumstances may not permit in some cases. However, if u plan shunting, Pls, pls pay attention to details (I would have felt so. Stupid if I discovered on d day of d interview)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

More like if he has visa fee to throw away

grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Good and sound reasons adduced by you above. Spanking with respect is what I just did with my inferred suggestion if I may quickly say, that is, READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! I thought we were supposed to be done filling and submitting our DS160 before scheduling interview appointments with the embassy? You see? Just in case you even miss that, what happened to the original DS160 form you were initially filling, did you just jettison it, why the change? You didn't follow instructions, SIMPLE.

Why not even find a solution to the quagmire ahead of time instead of attempting to attend an interview with the "error" made, be bounced first before now settling down to do the right thing? Are you not pained by the number of persons being turned back on their day of interview because of this mistake even when you is boldly written on their website that you will be turned back? Imagine being turned back at this period of scarce interview date. Hian
! Are you also aware that a deliberate attempt at deceit is part of the reason we are encountering these issues (agents and even applicants themselves trying to fine-tune their "packages" do this lots)?

#JumpingTheGunIsNotGood

Oh, may your transcript load positively, my prayers! Be favored

@Kbuddie; the bolded explains your own situation, which is what we advocate for in a worst situation scenario. Thanks for doing the necessary on time and by yourself by putting to work that which you read.

@Mercylicious; I really don't get, kindly settle down and come again. Are you having same issue of numbers not tallying or you are assuming so? Quite sorry if I am misunderstanding you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Yanga dy sleep o, trouble cum wake am. I'v neva dreamt of america, I b poor civil servant of a state, managing my simple lif. It was in April d state govt nominated me 4a seminar in US 4 Sept. Dt wt brought d interest. Dy advised I read dis thread whic I did frm 1-2 as a silent reader n finally started following last 2wks.
Dy did passport 4me on may 26 n paid visa fee may 27. I filled ds160 mysef due to wt I read frm dis forum on may 28 n got interview date 4 June 20, abj, 7.45am.
Got 2d embassy by 7am n d yeye husslers ran 2me tellin all I'v read here so I jst dy look dm witout sayin a word. Went thru all checks smoothly n interview started o.
Vo. Gdm, passports pls
Me. Gdm n gav him passport
Vo. Wt r u goin 2do in America?
Me. I'm goin 4a seminar
Vo. Whr do u wrk?
Me. A civil servant wit ...state govt.
Vo. Wt do u do 4dm?
Me. Briefly xplained
VO. Whoks payin 4ur trip?
Me. .... State govt. (I'v a letter of sponsorship frm d govt but he didn't ask 4 it)
Vo. Wt's ur salary?
Me. 80304
Vo. Did I hear 50k?
Me. Repeated my salary
Vo. Ok, (reached 4d yellow) sorri....

Na so o. I dy go giv yellow paper 2 ppl whn send me message. I guess d salary was it n dt was my real pay. I won't lie.
D thing is nt as hard as it seems o. Ppl, b couragious. Read d thread n follow properlly. I dint shake on bit. Mayb because na yanga cum wake me.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by successguide505: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for all you guys are doing here. Kindly help with this question:

My wife just delivered in the US. Our son and I are planning to visit her anytime soon and the whole family intends to come back to Nigeria together. Visa interview already scheduled. Since there seems to be that understanding that documents are not really checked during the interview.

(1) How do I prove that my wife is in the US with our baby?

(2) In case I am requested to present docs, what would you suggest I take with me?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by customised87: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
successguide505:
Thanks for all you guys are doing here. Kindly help with this question:

My wife just delivered in the US. Our son and I are planning to visit her anytime soon and the whole family intends to come back to Nigeria together. Visa interview already scheduled. Since there seems to be that understanding that documents are not really checked during the interview.

(1) How do I prove that my wife is in the US with our baby?

(2) In case I am requested to present docs, what would you suggest I take with me?

Thanks a lot.

Congratulations.
Take a copy of your wife's data page/visa page and also a copy of her medical bill payment receipt together with your own documents and account statement
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by customised87: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
Izzystevens:
***From Silent Reader's Association***

Mum got her visa this morning without any input from an agent. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.

Her interview was for 8:30am @ the Lagos Consulate and it went thus:

VO: Good morning
Mum: Morning o

VO:**speaks somethings 2 her**
Mum: i no 'hear' English

VO calls for an interpreter, an elderly lady comes in

Lady:Where are u going ma?
Mum:California

Lady:what for?
Mum: Summer, my daughter's husband sent 4 me.

Lady: who's paying?
Mum: My son-in-law

VO smiles and passes white paper 2 her and dat was it.

Mum: Can i have my passport back?
VO and interpreter both laughs and interpreter explains to her dat d visa would be issued on d passport.

BUT while i was filing her DS160, i couldn't upload her passport photograph, so i told her to go with it.

She put a copy in her passport but it was returned to her.

Can her visa be issued without her passport photograph? She's worried now.

Hello, i ll like to know if your mum got her passport back after 3 days like they always say.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
OmoBendel24:

No need, you are good to good. I appreciate your cautiousness, cool. Time to be brimming with all confidence before, during and after your interview has come, so concentrate on that now and be up to speed for it.
All the best!
Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Izzystevens: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
Yes, she got her passport 3days after.
customised87:

Hello, i ll like to know if your mum got her passport back after 3 days like they always say.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by successguide505: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations.
Take a copy of your wife's data page/visa page and also a copy of her medical bill payment receipt together with your own documents and account statement[/quote]

Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
dedario:
Yanga dy sleep o, trouble cum wake am. I'v neva dreamt of america, I b poor civil servant of a state, managing my simple lif. It was in April d state govt nominated me 4a seminar in US 4 Sept. Dt wt brought d interest. Dy advised I read dis thread whic I did frm 1-2 as a silent reader n finally started following last 2wks.
Dy did passport 4me on may 26 n paid visa fee may 27. I filled ds160 mysef due to wt I read frm dis forum on may 28 n got interview date 4 June 20, abj, 7.45am.
Got 2d embassy by 7am n d yeye husslers ran 2me tellin all I'v read here so I jst dy look dm witout sayin a word. Went thru all checks smoothly n interview started o.
Vo. Gdm, passports pls
Me. I'm goin 4a seminar
Vo. Whr do u wrk?
Vo. Wt do u do 4dm?
Me. Briefly xplained
Me. .... State govt. (I'v a letter of sponsorship frm d govt but he didn't ask 4 it)
Vo. Wt's ur salary?
Me. 80304
Vo. Did I hear 50k?
Me. Repeated my salary

Na so o. I dy go giv yellow paper 2 ppl whn send me message. I guess d salary was it n dt was my real pay. I won't lie.
D thing is nt as hard as it seems o. Ppl, b couragious. Read d thread n follow properlly. I dint shake on bit. Mayb because na yanga cum wake me.
Please what is DY?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by successguide505: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
customised87:

Congratulations.
Take a copy of your wife's data page/visa page and also a copy of her medical bill payment receipt together with your own documents and account statement

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
seyewest:
Please what is DY?
Sorry:dy- they
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
dedario:

Sorry:dy- they
Ohhh... to be honest I don't think it's your salary... I believe there's a protocol officer in MDG to handle issues like this and even when you have to appear it will be private maybe after 1pm with your protocol officer. Ask your director or DD if you have access to them and ask if it's possible to go through that route.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
seyewest:
Ohhh... to be honest I don't think it's your salary... I believe there's a protocol officer in MDG to handle issues like this and even when you have to appear it will be private maybe after 1pm with your protocol officer. Ask your director or DD if you have access to them and ask if it's possible to go through that route.
Ur opinion is new 2me. We followed d normal procedure. An approved memo by His Excellency, approving d trip n d finances then a letter frm d SSG stating sponsorship by d govt. Dt has been it in d state I serve xcept 4 UK whr a 'note verbal' is sent wit d application.
Tnx anyway, I'm stil on my way back 2my state. Wil keep u posted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello house, please I need your candidate advice.My colleague is married to a south Africa lady and has a toddler by her.the baby also has a South African passport.Now they want to apply for visit to the USA as a family here on Nigeria, can the wife and son apply along with him with their south Africa passport or do they need to get Naija passport too to apply with him.which option gives a higher chance of been issued the visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
oloriesther:
Hello house, please I need your candidate advice.My colleague is married to a south Africa lady and has a toddler by her.the baby also has a South African passport.Now they want to apply for visit to the USA as a family here on Nigeria, can the wife and son apply along with him with their south Africa passport or do they need to get Naija passport too to apply with him.which option gives a higher chance of been issued the visas.
Only nigerian passports cn apply frm nigeria. I stand 2b corrected. By virtue of marriage, she cn easily get a nigerian passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
oloriesther:
The issue is, is she legally allowed to reside in Nigeria? Aka resident/work permit/school visa etc or she's in Nigeria with a tourist visa? The issue is not the passport you have but your status in the country.
One is to apply from where s/he has ties. You can't be on a tourist visa and 'have ties' to that place.
I can have a work permit in ghana. Live and work there. Since I have 'status' in that country so to speak , though i still have my Nigerian ppt, I can apply from there.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by armyofone(m): 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Forumites,
Which is best to bring one's mom over, green card for her or a visiting visa?
How long does each process takes?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
dedario:
Vo. Gdm, passports pls
Me. I'm goin 4a seminar
Vo. Whr do u wrk?
Vo. Wt do u do 4dm?
Me. Briefly xplained
Vo. Wt's ur salary?
Me. 80304
Vo. Did I hear 50k?
Me. Repeated my salary

I was also denied this morning. I noticed all d ppl going for conferences and conventions were denied. A friend told me same thing happened on Friday. I will reapply sometime but purpose will change from convention to vacation. I will post my transcript later.
I was given a blue paper. What's d difference BTW d yellow paper and the blue paper.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
mercylicious:

I was also denied this morning. I noticed all d ppl going for conferences and conventions were denied. A friend told me same thing happened on Friday. I will reapply sometime but purpose will change from convention to vacation. I will post my transcript later.
I was given a blue paper. What's d difference BTW d yellow paper and the blue paper.
Frm dis thread I learnt dt d blue is suppose 2b 4 admin processing while d yellow 4 denial. Though thr was a post abt d blue given as denial last wk 2.
Also talkin abt admin processing, thr was a notice at d embassy abt thos on admin processin 2 appear physically frm 14th July n thr was a website 4 registration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.