Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530873 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
My people...I greet the house. My younger brother just graduated from one of our Nigerian universities, no job yet, not married and my uncle living in New Jersey city sent him an invitation to come over and spend one month there but my brother's intention is to stay back after the stipulated time. My uncle is a lecturer there. So, my question now is; can he be granted visa?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:
My people...I greet the house. My younger brother just graduated from one of our Nigerian universities, no job yet, not married and my uncle living in New Jersey city sent him an invitation to come over and spend one month there but my brother's intention is to stay back after the stipulated time. My uncle is a lecturer there. So, my question now is; can he be granted visa?
Thanks

Answer this question with all sincerity.

Should (not can) your brother be granted the Visa? sad sad

It is sad that people like your brother have made it very easy for people with genuine travel reasons to be denied visa. Issokay embarassed embarassed

Your Uncle is a Lecturer in the US and your brother is a Graduate. Can't he just go through the Student Route.

Apply to a School (probably your uncle's) > Get admission > Graduate > Look for a Job > Get an H1B and everyone is happy. All without breaking no Law. How hard can that be?

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:
Thanks
In addition to what Dmeanman said, I just quoted you to ensure you can't edit the post and delete it. Hopefully, the VO's will see it and flag the profile.
Azzin ehhh, Nigerians we are not even ashamed to be posting seeking for illegal advice...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Autophys1:
@mizbee Good evening to everyone. Please, were is better to change Naira to Dollars for my travelling? Is it with the aboki's or at the airport? Please.

You can change $ to naira at travellex at MMIA as someone rightly advised. It's $1 to N356. You will need your passport, visa, boarding pass & BVN CARD. Don't bother going to Travellex if you don't have your BVN CARD.

Thanks for the advise. But pls, which one is the BVN card oo? Have never heard of it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
DMeanMan:

Answer this question with all sincerity.

Should (not can) your brother be granted the Visa? sad sad

It is sad that people like your brother have made it very easy for people with genuine travel reasons to be denied visa. Issokay embarassed embarassed

Your Uncle is a Lecturer in the US and your brother is a Graduate. Can't he just go through the Student Route.

Apply to a School (probably your uncle's) > Get admission > Graduate > Look for a Job > Get an H1B and everyone is happy. All without breaking no Law. How hard can that be?

Ok I heard what you have said and I promise that I will advise him and still tell my uncle about his plans but I still want to know, with his present conditions toward country tie what is his chance of getting the visa?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:

Ok I heard what you have said and I promise that I will advise him and still tell my uncle about his plans but I still want to know, with his present conditions toward country tie what is his chance of getting the visa?
Thanks

If you want an honest assessment.
He is single and un-employed, so very poor ties to return home.
He wants to visit rich relative in USA. so high chance of overstaying.
He is desperate and the VO is trained to see this.
In truth he would be very, very unlikely to be granted a visa.

Plus the visa officer may have read your comments about overstaying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
mizbee:

Thanks for the advise. But pls, which one is the BVN card oo? Have never heard of it.

BVN: biometric verification number. It is an identification system implemented by CBN to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
worry359:

If you want an honest assessment.
He is single and un-employed, so very poor ties to return home.
He wants to visit rich relative in USA. so high chance of overstaying.
He is desperate and the VO is trained to see this.
In truth he would be very, very unlikely to be granted a visa.

Plus the visa officer may have read your comments about overstaying.

You mean VO is on this forum and how would he notice him when he comes?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:

Because YOU have given enough clues on here for his application to be cross referenced!
YOU have told his idea of overstaying to the world.

I suspect that when your brother learns how much of his plans you have posted he will be very unhappy with you.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=babbs45 post=50060016]

BVN: biometric verification number. It is an identification system implemented by CBN to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria. [/quote

Thanks @babbs45 I do have a BVN just haven't heard of a BVN card.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Boeing777pilot: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:

I have seen several dumb posts here however this one makes it into my top 5. cool

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anthocracy:
Thanks
Kolewerk... U.S Visa is not Dubai visa... people who are more qualified are not even given visa. Let us not deceive ourselves.. 4 out of 10 applicants plan to stay behind which is rather sad and unfortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzpurplehaze: 1:55am On Oct 10, 2016
Hello house
So I want to apply for a visa to visit my uncle in miami with my sister and my 10 months old child. My husband would sponsor the trip and I'm a makeup artist with about 2m in my acct. My question is what documents would my sister need for the interview as she is only a 300 lvl unilorin student, or what documents would we need in general? All three of us. We are only going for 4
weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:34am On Oct 10, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

I have seen several dumb posts here however this one makes it into my top 5. cool
Mbok can u share 1-4? Lol

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lionlee216(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2016
Pls how can I get BVN card. When I registered my BVN, I was told it was successful and I went home n later got an sms quoting my bvn.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
lionlee216:
Pls how can I get BVN card. When I registered my BVN, I was told it was successful and I went home n later got an sms quoting my bvn.

BVN card?
Has the tread topic changed to Bvn /Banking enquiries? Oops...may be im lost smiley
Sir, kindly make use of Biz or Investment tread....or visit the bank you enrolled.
Cheers... lol.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lionlee216(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
Solo84:

BVN card?
Has the tread topic changed to Bvn /Banking enquiries? Oops...may be im lost smiley
Sir, kindly make use of Biz or Investment tread....or visit the bank you enrolled.
Cheers... lol.

I go punch u for eye lol.. I heard about this travellex issuing $ at airport and the only requirement missing is the bvn card. Hence the reason I am asking.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smadalove(f): 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good afternoon everyone I and my hubby n child went for interview on Wednesday,and our visa was approved.. On Friday my hubby got a mail our passports were ready.he got dere today and only the passport was given and stamped no visa inside... In which he went to pick it @ Oshodi ,Wat could be the problem. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
smadalove:
Good afternoon everyone I and my hubby n child went for interview on Wednesday,and our visa was approved.. On Friday my hubby got a mail our passports were ready.he got dere today and only the passport was given and stamped no visa inside... In which he went to pick it @ Oshodi ,Wat could be the problem. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moyeb: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
Goodafternoon guys,Myself,wife and child(3yrs) just got B1/B2 visa to the U.S 2 weeks ago.The thing is this was our second attempt after we were denied the first time.When we were asked at the embassy if my wife was pregnant we said NO,but she is already 15weeks pregnant and we intend to go to the U.S for childbirth.The fear of being denied for the second time made us lie which we weren't supposed to do as it wasn't obvious.I want to ask if we need to write the embassy a letter of intent or we just go ahead with doctors arrangements et al?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
smadalove:

What stamp was there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
smadalove:
Who stamped it and what stamp was on the passport. You should also write the embassy to let them know about the development.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
moyeb:
Goodafternoon guys,Myself,wife and child(3yrs) just got B1/B2 visa to the U.S 2 weeks ago.The thing is this was our second attempt after we were denied the first time.When we were asked at the embassy if my wife was pregnant we said NO,but she is already 15weeks pregnant and we intend to go to the U.S for childbirth.The fear of being denied for the second time made us lie which we weren't supposed to do as it wasn't obvious.I want to ask if we need to write the embassy a letter of intent or we just go ahead with doctors arrangements et al?
Wrong thread.
U misrepresented. Willfully. Now you are seeking for help after the fact. When u lied u mustav had a plan. Follow it.
This thread was created to assist HONEST applicants and to give ONLY LEGAL advice.
You may also wish to try the birthing thread so theu can give you the proper bashing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abumoney(m): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
My interview comes up on November 4th, make una pray 4 me ooooo.
@LadyG and other gurus in d house, including the silent readers, I dobale 4 una oooo, ur selfless services are highly commendable.
But, I been get small wahala weh I 1 complain about oooo, I couldn't upload my picture on my ds 160 form because of the recurring errors, hope the picture I'll be going with to the interview would serve its purpose?!
Once again, una well done o,
God's continous blessings and guidance on u and ur households.
#BlessMatua
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
LOquence:
keep quiet.. you feel you know everything. Can you swear you have never lied in your life?
Hypocrite..

Who do you think you are Johnny just come?
With your foul mouth insulting someone who has helped hundreds of people here.
Go back to your gutter you are not welcome here!
We do not support frauds and liars
and we do not like you!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Na wa o smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.