Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1521623 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
tiwa26:
Dear Everyone,First of all,I want to commend the administrator and other contributors. You are doing a great job. I would love to post the transcript of my encounter at the embassy but first of all I want give a
of myself. I got my very first American Visa in 2010 but I didn't declare that I was pregnant during the interview however I paid all the bills which i have got receipts.In 2012 when I wanted to renew, I was refused just because I didn't declare. In 2013,the V.O told me to go back and request for an ITEMIZED BILL. I didn't understand what she meant so I did a table on MS WORD, filling it with date,how much I paid and what it was meant for. So I went back with this to the embassy and was bounced shamefully. This was when I found NAIRALAND. I read each page on the maternity section and got to know that there was was something called ITEMIZED BILL and ZERO BALANCE BILL. So I sent a mail straight to the hospital(riverside medical center) with anger and I was told that they didn't give me then because I didn't request for it. Anyway at last the official zero balance receipt was given to me, so I took this among other documents in 2014 when I was pregnant with my second child to the embassy to apply for a medical visa. Unfortunately I was denied again just because I was not truthful initially. I
. Sorry for the long story. I just had to do this. Thankyou all for the advice and update. It pays off when you are sincere.

Ur story is sweet.

You are relentless, never taking no for an answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tiwa26: 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello every one, Just like a member just adviced, I would love to post my story to the maternity section so that mums to be could learn. But I don't know my way around. I just joined officially a while ago. Kindly help a sister.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jowa16: 1:06am On Dec 24, 2015
hello houz,am a silent reader am goin for my intervw on 29th,I nid ur prayaz pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sandygechy(f): 1:46am On Dec 24, 2015
Hello House.Pls,I have a small challenge.I paid for visa on 12th Dec.and tried to schedule an appointment for interview.I had December or early Jan.in mind so I log in at night to check.This morning,I found out dat my receipt number has disappeared from my profile.What does dis imply? Pls,help a Sister.
Merry Xmas in advance!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by favoredgal: 2:42am On Dec 24, 2015
tiwa26:
Hello every one, Just like a member just adviced, I would love to post my story to the maternity section so that mums to be could learn. But I don't know my way around. I just joined officially a while ago. Kindly help a sister.

www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/182

This is the thread

Go to the end click reply type then submit just the way you did here

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Congrats Tiwa. Its a great learning story.

@sandy have u booked the date? Have u tried creating another profile? If that dosent work maybe u should call the embassy.

@asiwajo pele. It appears your lack of travel history was the issue. IMO if nothing changes before u reapply, the result will be d same

@Favouredgal nd Neff hallos!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

@sandy have u booked the date? Have u tried creating another profile? If that dosent work maybe u should call the embassy.

@asiwajo pele. It appears your lack of travel history was the issue. IMO if nothing changes before u reapply, the result will be d same

MeeeeEeerrrry Xmas n good tiding to you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sandygechy(f): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2015
No Dear.Lemme create another profile.Tanx so much.
LadyGuinivere:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Hello cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hello house, @ladyg I hail o. I was planning on going to US from London early next year but it's looking really bleak now. I hope if I go later in the year I won't have wahala at Poe cos I filled Feb in my application. Then when is the cheapest period to travel to new York?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by afembaba(f): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
I and my hubby will have our interview on d 30th. We were denied in sept.am really scared d way those lagos vo behave.but am prayin pls house pray for us ooo

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Good day dear VO and compliments of the season to you and all in the House. Just a quick one please to find out what to do of a situation. Lady G, Justwise and others to the rescue if any ideas are available on this at all. My Cousin mistakenly opened her visa packet before noticing the instruction that says not to open it and is in a fix now as to how to remedy the situation. She has a ticket already to travel by 30th of December. What way round having it returned and resealed, and POSSIBLY ready on time for her to still be on that flight? Kindly accept sincere apologies for the mistake made and point us in the right direction. Thanks lots
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
OmoBendel24:
Good day dear VO and compliments of the season to you and all in the House. Just a quick one please to find out what to do of a situation. Lady G, Justwise and others to the rescue if any ideas are available on this at all. My Cousin mistakenly opened her visa packet before noticing the instruction that says not to open it and is in a fix now as to how to remedy the situation. She has a ticket already to travel by 30th of December. What way round having it returned and resealed, and POSSIBLY ready on time for her to still be on that flight? Kindly accept sincere apologies for the mistake made and point us in the right direction. Thanks lots

Well I did a quick research and found out it's a K1 visa. You have no troubles opening the packet regardless of the instruction on it. This is considered an honest mistake due to anxiety.

Contact the consulate, you'll be asked to return the packet to be resealed. But this usually takes a week from my findings.

Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Merry Xmas @LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:46am On Dec 25, 2015
seyewest:

Merry Xmas @LadyG
And a merry Christmas to u Bro...
Hope one chicken has fulfilled its destiny in ur pot grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

And a merry Christmas to u Bro...
Hope one chicken has fulfilled its destiny in ur pot grin
By the grace of God
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Empire14: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hello , I just need advice from folks here cos I ve bn refused tourist visa from uni days here in Lagos , MSc days in uk once, when I got to naija to start working and when I got married last year with me and wife but to my surprise I applied for canada visitor and I got it with me and my wife . I was in uk and canada in August this year with my wife . We re going again for niv interview with my wife , both studied in the uk , no kid yet and we re both working right here in naija . I will like to knw our chances this time around ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Udiboy(f): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hello house,

I intend to invite my 3 siblings for my daughters bday early Feb.
This is their 1st niece.

They are 2 boys aged 25 and 27 and 23 year old girl.
Girl is in final year pharmacy and 2 boys are post NYSC looking for better job but currently running popsy's business!

I applied for my parents in Jan and they got 2 years visa. They came for 2 months in feb when I had a baby and left.

My problem now is"
1."what are the chances of them getting visa for a visit?
2. Should I request a group interview for them or Everyman on his own?
3. I don't want dem to burn 150k applying & traveling and not getting a positive result.

Pls, advice!
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2015
Empire14:
Hello , I just need advice from folks here cos I ve bn refused tourist visa from uni days here in Lagos , MSc days in uk once, when I got to naija to start working and when I got married last year with me and wife but to my surprise I applied for canada visitor and I got it with me and my wife . I was in uk and canada in August this year with my wife . We re going again for niv interview with my wife , both studied in the uk , no kid yet and we re both working right here in naija . I will like to knw our chances this time around ?

You had/have a good profile to get issued an entry visa, but at those times, barring any issues regarding misrepresentation on your part, must have come down to a lack of a solid tie (when you were in Nigeria, during your M.sc. Program in the UK and a sophomore at your job).

From what you state here, you seem to have a good financial turnover, travel experience and possibly a friend or family residing legally in Canada which fits a reasonable profile for issuance of a Canadian visa.

Try applying once more and I can assure you that if you know exactly what your mission to the States is going to be, you are eighty percent (80%) certain of being issued a visa save any past misrepresentation on your head.

Wish you the best this season!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by afolabibalogun: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Can I legally rent an apartment in my name when visiting the USA on my B2 visa for a 5 month period?
I don't really want to bother staying with my relatives....can I legally rent an apartment on my b2 visit visa for the period of 5 months?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
afolabibalogun:
Can I legally rent an apartment in my name when visiting the USA on my B2 visa for a 5 month period?
I don't really want to bother staying with my relatives....can I legally rent an apartment on my b2 visit visa for the period of 5 months?
Yes

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 1:48am On Dec 29, 2015
The 5 star general, justwise, frontpagelawyer and the rest of you guys that has taken it upon yourself to provide solution to our visa wahalas,may your cup of wisdom never run dry. I have been a silent follower from page one of this season2 of this thread but now I table my own challenge.
Am a registered nurse in Nigeria hoping to practice soonest in the states and having gone through season1 I understood that one of the easiest way to obtain visa is by applying for a conference. Now I ask, how about if I apply for USA nursing board exam and choose a center in New york instead of Nigeria, will the embassy issue me a visa.
I thought of the conference and I was a bit fearful because if the embassy gives me a 2months visa, it won't be enough for me to prepare and write the exam successfully. Please the house should guide me on this. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 29, 2015
kessel:
The 5 star general, justwise, frontpagelawyer and the rest of you guys that has taken it upon yourself to provide solution to our visa wahalas,may your cup of wisdom never run dry. I have been a silent follower from page one of this season2 of this thread but now I table my own challenge.
Am a registered nurse in Nigeria hoping to practice soonest in the states and having gone through season1 I understood that one of the easiest way to obtain visa is by applying for a conference. Now I ask, how about if I apply for USA nursing board exam and choose a center in New york instead of Nigeria, will the embassy issue me a visa.
I thought of the conference and I was a bit fearful because if the embassy gives me a 2months visa, it won't be enough for me to prepare and write the exam successfully. Please the house should guide me on this. Thanks
I don't know how visa application are processed in the US, but if it is similar to how it's processed in Canada, then you looking at a straight refusal.

My wife's colleague, a pharmacist at one of the federal medical centres in Nigeria applied for a visiting visa to write one of the stages of the qualifying exams to practice in Canada. He was refused based on the fact that he applied for a visiting visa while showing intent to migrate. Intent to migrate in this case was that, he wants to travel to Canada to write an exam that would make him qualified to get employed as a pharmacist in Canada. So the visa aplication was contradicting his real intent, hence the refusal.

If a special visa is available for writing qualifying exams in the US, you might want to explore that option.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 5:11am On Dec 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Yes

Depends

Good Luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 5:15am On Dec 29, 2015
afolabibalogun:

If own by individual yes. He or she may not need to run credit checks but definitely big NO from big apartment complexes managed by corporation.

Look for privately own properties. Your best bet.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2015
saxywale:

I don't know how visa application are processed in the US, but if it is similar to how it's processed in Canada, then you looking at a straight refusal.

My wife's colleague, a pharmacist at one of the federal medical centres in Nigeria applied for a visiting visa to write one of the stages of the qualifying exams to practice in Canada. He was refused based on the fact that he applied for a visiting visa while showing intent to migrate. Intent to migrate in this case was that, he wants to travel to Canada to write an exam that would make him qualified to get employed as a pharmacist in Canada. So the visa aplication was contradicting his real intent, hence the refusal.

If a special visa is available for writing qualifying exams in the US, you might want to explore that option.
I agree totally with him. To add a few words, u also said 'youu would pick a centre in NY instead of lagos' so I assume Lagos has a centre. Apart from the fact that the exams would allow u to practice in the US/Immigrate. Why aren't u taking the exam in Lagos is what the vo would ask? Clearly u chose the option as a short cut to enter the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rhaby(f): 7:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Hello house I want to apply for a visit visa. I currently work in a good and reputable
company and earn above 200k. My challenge is that I don't know anyone that can send me an invitation. Kindly advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 7:04am On Dec 29, 2015
I don't have faith in the Nigerian centres, hence the desire to travel out for it. But with what you have explained I guess my best option for now is to still go with the conference. Now how do I go about it so I can get up to 4-6months stay as most of the conference are 2-3days event
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ggee(m): 7:38am On Dec 29, 2015
kessel:

See the bold section, the intention of this guy is to migrate. It will not work. Why not go through the right channel.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:24am On Dec 29, 2015
kessel:
I don't have faith in the Nigerian centres, hence the desire to travel out for it. But with what you have explained I guess my best option for now is to still go with the conference. Now how do I go about it so I can get up to 4-6months stay as most of the conference are 2-3days event

Hi madam, before you start this journey, you need to have a plan. And asking about 4 or 6mths visa u clearly don't know how US works.

US gives 2 years visas, not months, ds is not schengen.

Also as a practising nurse u clearly have a good chance of getting a job in US IF you go through the right channels. Do your research thoroughly.

If you manage to write and pass the nursing board exam, u cannot get a job on a B1/B2 visa meaning you have to look for a job and get the employers to sponsor a H1/B visa for you, which is a long process, and then you have to return to Nigeria to process the work permit before you go back to start work.

It is not impossible but you need to do your homework very well and not ruin it for you and other nurses coming behind you.

You can also try UK and Canada, nurses are also in high demand over there.

If I had know when I was younger, I should have studied nursing cry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.