Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531196 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lillaowow(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2016
adesanmiprince:
Great people, I hail u guys for everything on this forum.

alhajiwasiu55:
I just got to know that I can join this forum for free after being a silent reader for a while.

afolabibalogun:
Good day to you all.

these members seems like the same person
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:45am On Jan 07, 2016
lillaowow:

these members seems like the same person

Chai! I'm so glad we have FBI/CIA/INTERPOL here o! cheesy u try werr well!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:52am On Jan 07, 2016
adesanmiprince:
Great people, I hail u guys for everything on this forum.I need your advice and I will be very straight with u guys.I am a guy of 36 years, HND holder and single. I'm tired of this Naija and it has always been my plan to be a US citizen or GC holder and I want to be resident in USA.I was marries before but I'm now single because the person claimed to me my wife is unserious with me
I wish to be a greencard holder, and I don't know if its best I go through a school/masters programme or I marry a US citizen. All I care is to have a GC but I don't know if I can use Masters/school routes or marry a US citizen to get into this system. I believe when I get to USA I should be able to see an american babe I can marry to get my papers. Pls advice me. I don't want to slump and make a mistake
Eyaaa! U want to slump? Eyaaaa angry
If u look closely at the name of this thread however it is 'US visit visa'.
The advice given here is not for schooling or emigrating. Better still, no unlawful advice is dispensed Here so u may have to seek counsel elsewhere. Do that fast o! So u no go slump this new year! tongue

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Empire14: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2016
tzetzefly:

You had/have a good profile to get issued an entry visa, but at those times, barring any issues regarding misrepresentation on your part, must have come down to a lack of a solid tie (when you were in Nigeria, during your M.sc. Program in the UK and a sophomore at your job).

From what you state here, you seem to have a good financial turnover, travel experience and possibly a friend or family residing legally in Canada which fits a reasonable profile for issuance of a Canadian visa.

Try applying once more and I can assure you that if you know exactly what your mission to the States is going to be, you are eighty percent (80%) certain of being issued a visa save any past misrepresentation on your head.

Wish you the best this season!
Finally got our visa yesterday with ease no too much but the consular dude did a thorough jobs checking our old visas and previous and recent ds 160 trying fish out something but nothing .the middle aged dude immediately at the door step it should be window 1 cos refused the two families before us . He just kept asking us re we going for medical treatment on two different occasion . Tnx nairalanders
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vcole: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
you will not kill me with laugh oh!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!
LadyGuinivere:

Eyaaa! U want to slump? Eyaaaa angry
If u look closely at the name of this thread however it is 'US visit visa'.
The advice given here is not for schooling or emigrating. Better still, no unlawful advice is dispensed Here so u may have to seek counsel elsewhere. Do that fast o! So u no go slump this new year! tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
Empire14:

Finally got our visa yesterday with ease no too much but the consular dude did a thorough jobs checking our old visas and previous and recent ds 160 trying fish out something but nothing .the middle aged dude immediately at the door step it should be window 1 cos refused the two families before us . He just kept asking us re we going for medical treatment on two different occasion . Tnx nairalanders

Nice to know. Have a safe trip once you are ready.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
vcole:
you will not kill me with laugh oh!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!
Ha! U no go die o! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asiwaju325: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls house if VO said this***I would strongly discourage you from applying again unless your circumstances have changed significantly.*** what does it means? Your analysis would be more helpful and grateful to take into considerations. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
asiwaju325:
Pls house if VO said this***I would strongly discourage you from applying again unless your circumstances have changed significantly.*** what does it means? Your analysis would be more helpful and grateful to take into considerations. Thanks.
Haba! Which other analysis do u need? Shebi u have asked the vo on the other thread and he answered u as above.
The English is self explanatory. Fronm the time u applied to when u want to reapply, what Has Changed in your life PERSONALLY?
Not whom are u applying with or all the factors u mentioned.
Ok let me break it into Naija grammer . From december to January whay has changed in your life? Don't waste your money. That's what it means
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asiwaju325: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere;actually I understood the English clearly what the duo norms mean! But where am confused was the area of my previous interview with the VO in December. So I thought may be the VO was trying to raise my cognizance in same area base on the transcript of my interview given in the other thread. Pls read my previous interview below and help me iron out the significant circumstances area the I need to be improved thanks.

VO. Greating xchanged

VO. Wher're u going

Me. Replied

VO. What's it in to

Me. Real Estate

VO.ur post

Me.Mrkting Personel

VO.addrs in u.s

Me.told

Vo.purpose of trip

Me.bus excutve meeting and signing of partnership deal. "Invitation frm u.s coy"

VO. Why you from ur coy

Me.as a result of my performance for d yia 2015,in terms of sales and marketing.

VO.married,yels.

VO.trevell b4.....No.

Sorri u arn't gud 2go now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
^^ u do realise u cannot 'tweak' your personal circumstances? The VO analysed u and in his mindset u were not qualified.I have no idea what they used to profile u.
If u plan to reapply so soon I don't forsee a different outcome. U lose some to win some.
Show that u aren't desperate to go to the US. Your coy has other people that can go for the what what (as u yourself said)so its not a matter of life and death. Take some time off and maybe reapply for family vacation.
I don't know what will be different when u'l reapply but certainly something should be
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 12:28am On Jan 08, 2016
Good morning to the entire house. I am a master student at Cyprus international university in north cyprus. I am done with my first semester exam . I Will start my second semester which is the final semester before my thesis by February 23th. I will be attending a conference by April 4th to 8th at Baltimore, Maryland. I am a student member of the association related to my course and the association is having their 50th year annivery plus a seminar. I have been sent an invitation letter to attend the conference . I have been given till 1st of march to pay $185 dollars or to pay directely at the conference. My head of department has given me a letter of approval plus my student letter from the registrar. I like to know if it is better to apply from north Cyprus here or come and apply in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sexytoy: 1:10am On Jan 08, 2016
Hi guys,
I have been reading up on this thread in preparation for our B1/B2 U.S visa interview which we (hubby and I) had on Jan 6th.
We stay in Lagos but have family in Abuja so we decided to fix the interview for Abuja.
We landed in Abuja a day before the interview and about 11pm that night I realised I could not find ANY of our documents!!!
We called someone in Lagos who confirmed, the documents were indeed on the couch in our home. Our bank statements, letters from employers etc. How it happened, I can not explain, I however had our passports in my hand bag. We tried to reschedule but could not, it was about 7 hours from the interview time.
We tried cancelling but could not so we decided not to go. The next morning I woke Hub up and convinced him to let us try.
Anyways, with some faith we attended the interview with only our passports and the appointment confirmation. The interview went thus:

VO: good morning
Hub and I: good morning (with a straight face)
VO: please pass your documents (this we did)
VO: where are you going in the US?
Hub: Nevada
VO: where in Nevada?
Hub: Las Vegas
VO: what are you going to vegas for?
Hub: Vacation
VO: Why Vegas?
Hub: well, we want to experience the gambling, social life there, the drinks, Caesar's palace ......
VO: (smiles) I have got a friend in Vegas who is a professional poker player.
(all three of us bursted into laughter)
me: (pointing to Hub) he wants to go sky diving too
VO: (to hubby) skydiving? really? maybe you would have joined the Nigerian military
VO: (asked hubby) what do you do?
Hub: I work in a major telecoms company
VO: as what?
Hub: as xxxxxxxxx
VO: how much do you earn?
Hub: N xxxxxxx
VO: (looks at his screen and turns to me) What do you do ma'am?
Me: I work in xxxx bank
VO: for how long
me: 11 years
VO: I noticed you were denied a student visa in 1998, that's 18 years ago. So where did you eventually study? (probably wondering why i did not reapply in the past 18 years)
me; I studied in University of Ilorin
VO: what course?
me; Accounting
VO: please take me through the employment process in xxxxx bank
me: (obviously very surprised) employment process?
he nodded
me; I wrote a test, had 2 levels of interview, did the medical check up and attended training school
he starts flipping through my passport ( i have 1 expired UK visa, a valid 2 yr UK visa and visited dubai twice)
VO: do you have kids?
me; NO
VO: will you be seeking medical care in the US? (am sure he noticed we have been married for over 4years)
Hub and I: NO
He types for about a minute, flipping through Hubby's passport (he has a valid 6mth UK visa and visited dubai 3 times in the past)
VO: your visas will be ready in 2 days (handing us a white sheet)
Hub and I: Ok, thank you (with smiles, turning to leave)
VO: (with a smile) dont gamble with all your money.
We all laughed again

We did not want to look stupid and unprepared should they ask for any document.
It can only be God, we ALMOST did not attend that interview.

34 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 4:53am On Jan 08, 2016
terrywales:
Good morning to the entire house. I am a master student at Cyprus international university in north cyprus. I am done with my first semester exam . I Will start my second semester which is the final semester before my thesis by February 23th. I will be attending a conference by April 4th to 8th at Baltimore, Maryland. I am a student member of the association related to my course and the association is having their 50th year annivery plus a seminar. I have been sent an invitation letter to attend the conference . I have been given till 1st of march to pay $185 dollars or to pay directely at the conference. My head of department has given me a letter of approval plus my student letter from the registrar. I like to know if it is better to apply from north Cyprus here or come and apply in Nigeria. Thanks

You apply from their

Good Luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:54am On Jan 08, 2016
@S-toy I have been seeing u in lurking mode. Congratssssss! This your story made ma morning! Stories that touch that end well! Lol

Been to vegas. Make una go to the strip at night. Na then una go enjoy the experience. The Bellagio fountain is a real treat. Don't just snap it, video it and take vegas home with u.grin
Mae una no forget una docx when uuna de travel o! cheesy. Safe trip

@Terrywales your ties for now are clearly in Cyprus. Apply from there. Word of advice/Tip-Those north Cyprus folks are sticklers for the right thing so cross your 'I's well and dot ur 't's . Look /Dress responsible. Have all your supporting docx handy o! They can like to look at documents. Good Luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Help me!I still don't get the booking & printout on Klm.After filling the date of departure and return i don't know what step to take.Pls put me through by step by step.Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2016
@ladyG. Cross your I and dot your t ? Pls can you explain
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neyomeee: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good-morning and Happy new year to the entire peeps here I must confess this is a great forum and after going through all the post here I am sure my prayers are going to be answered in going to the US for a visit but I have few questions tho as regarding obtaining a visiting visa..
I am married with 2 kids and I work as a clearing and forwarding agent..I intend to travel to the US first then later with my family..I have been to South Africa twice in 2013/earlier in 2014..My passport with the south African visa is expired and now I have a new one which i obtained in 2014 and now I want to apply for the US B1/B2 Visa...I really need you to enlighten me on how to go about this..

Do I need to attach my old passport to the new one to show my proof of previous travels?
Also havent traveled for a whole year,does that have anything to do with me obtaining the visa?
And also Issue regarding my family not traveling with me does that has anything to do as well?
@ Lady G..I need your response asap ..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
tunexman:
Help me!I still don't get the booking & printout on Klm.After filling the date of departure and return i don't know what step to take.Pls put me through by step by step.Thanks.
Dude.
1. U don't need flight booking for your visa interview.
2. Booking on hold dosent hold any water.
I hope I'm not mixing up posters.
Be that as it may look at the bottom of every klm page and follow the prompt.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
terrywales:
@ladyG. Cross your I and dot your t ? Pls can you explain
You have schooled in North cyprus so I guess u have had some interactions with at least the immigration polizia that stamp you in when u enter the country. By their nature they seem un natually suspicious of Nigerians.
What I meant was , fill your forms well. Don't make any mistakes. Carry all the neccessary docx. Be over rather than under prepared.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Neyomeee:
Good-morning and Happy new year to the entire peeps here I must confess this is a great forum and after going through all the post here I am sure my prayers are going to be answered in going to the US for a visit but I have few questions tho as regarding obtaining a visiting visa..
I am married with 2 kids and I work as a clearing and forwarding agent..I intend to travel to the US first then later with my family..I have been to South Africa twice in 2013/earlier in 2014..My passport with the south African visa is expired and now I have a new one which i obtained in 2014 and now I want to apply for the US B1/B2 Visa...I really need you to enlighten me on how to go about this..

Do I need to attach my old passport to the new one to show my proof of previous travels?
Also havent traveled for a whole year,does that have anything to do with me obtaining the visa?
And also Issue regarding my family not traveling with me does that has anything to do as well?
@ Lady G..I need your response asap ..
1. For how to apply, u need to go to the US website. The steps are outlined. The link is on the ist page of this thread.
2. When you are filling the forms, there is a column for travel history within the past 5 years. You fill that. U can go along with your expired passport to tender if the vo requests for it. One usually presents only the valid passport to the vo during interview.
3. If you are asked why your family is not travelling with u, u give them the reason. It is not a bar to visa issuance. I was asked that question when I applied alone and I explained that due to the fact that we had already taken a vacation to the uk earlier that year, husband was not disposed to travel again.
Good luck and happy reading
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dude.
1. U don't need flight booking for your visa interview.
2. Booking on hold dosent hold any water.
I hope I'm not mixing up posters.
Be that as it may look at the bottom of every klm page and follow the prompt.
but in my form have already fill in Klm airline at the column 'have you make a travel plan I said yes with Klm dutch airline with this I may be ask to show a proof that is why I want to do the booking & printout to take along with me.Pls guide me on how to do the booking & printout I need it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
tunexman:
but in my form have already fill in Klm airline at the column 'have you make a travel plan I said yes with Klm dutch airline with this I may be ask to show a proof that is why I want to do the booking & printout to take along with me.Pls guide me on how to do the booking & printout I need it.
And I'm telling nobody will ask u for proof of flight . Who advised u to fill that column when u don't have a visa? If I was a gambling person I would so bet with u on it.
Anyways There's no way one can guide u on how to navigate the web. U fill the neccessary columns and keep on clicking on next until the last page. U have to read the web page to be guided.
Let me give u my opinion. Mind u! This is just my opinion. If I were the VO and u present me with klm tickets (do u intend to pay by the way? Cos when u book it lapses after 48 hours I believe) I will rreach the conclusion that you do not know how the whole thing works. For one to get tickets before the interview kinda sounds like 'I must get this visa by fire by thunder'.
So u have filled klm? All well and good. Your plan is to travel with klm IF you are given a visa. U do not need to print anything out.
But please do as you wish. I'm just a Nler with too much time on her hands as she waits for work to start
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gbodimowo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Haba! Which other analysis do u need? Shebi u have asked the vo on the other thread and he answered u as above.
The English is self explanatory. Fronm the time u applied to when u want to reapply, what Has Changed in your life PERSONALLY?
Not whom are u applying with or all the factors u mentioned.
Ok let me break it into Naija grammer . From december to January whay has changed in your life? Don't waste your money. That's what it means

u did a good job
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

And I'm telling nobody will ask u for proof of flight . Who advised u to fill that column when u don't have a visa? If I was a gambling person I would so bet with u on it.
Anyways There's no way one can guide u on how to navigate the web. U fill the neccessary columns and keep on clicking on next until the last page. U have to read the web page to be guided.
Let me give u my opinion. Mind u! This is just my opinion. If I were the VO and u present me with klm tickets (do u intend to pay by the way? Cos when u book it lapses after 48 hours I believe) I will rreach the conclusion that you do not know how the whole thing works. For one to get tickets before the interview kinda sounds like 'I must get this visa by fire by thunder'.
So u have filled klm? All well and good. Your plan is to travel with klm IF you are given a visa. U do not need to print anything out.
But please do as you wish. I'm just a Nler with too much time on her hands as she waits for work to start
Thanks.Have heard you.You are great!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
tunexman:
Thanks.Have heard you.You are great!
To buttress it you don't have to worry yourself over the flight and also you may leave that side blank if possible because it will cause confusion at the end of the day. Get your hotel reservation,your appointment letter, ds160 confirmation page and anything you think will be necessary for the interview and I wish you good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2016
seyewest:

To buttress it you don't have to worry yourself over the flight and also you may leave that side blank if possible because it will cause confusion at the end of the day. Get your hotel reservation,your appointment letter, ds160 confirmation page and anything you think will be necessary for the interview and I wish you good luck.
Ok.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dnacrystal: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere and others, please what are the chances of getting a US visa to attend a workshop for six months, beginning on March 14. I'm 20, I have no travel history and I'm not a salary earner but my parents will sponsor the trip. I await your responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asiwaju325: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
@LadyGuinivere,Yesl am n't desperate to go @all and that's why i can't apply as family not that I don't have the money.@least av been working with the coy 4 abt 5yias now with good stipend and commission.

"De coy has like 9marketters, aside marketing manager,2administrative secs,front desk,accountant,HR and 2legal internal adviser because it's a well known and popular "Real Estate Coy"

Now,part of what circumstance that will improve significantly is my next trip to Ivery Coast and Togo for a working 2dega with a coy by licensing our certificate of operation to one "Real Estate there" We called it market extension. The journey will take-off on 18/1/16 had it being I was given U.S last year my itenary was 10/1/16 for arrival and departure was 20/1/16.So initially Ivery Coast movement was scheduled for 24th of jan.,but result of last year interview changed it and I must be the part of the team going for that licensing biz trip. May be with this,i can categorize it as improvement of circumstance.? Thanks for your concern and response in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.