Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531075 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2015
justwise:

To put it mildly...he is a disgusting human being. Pretending to be a woman will not fool anybody.

@sexydivaomalich, i know you will be reading this with one of your numerous other IDs, stop your defamatory articles against certain members here and writing to their bosses to get them sacked, stop using personal details given to you as a visa agent for defamation, your action yesterday when you were confronted says it all.

The hunter will be hunted very soon.
OMG ... Speechless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beluv: 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello lady G, I submitted my application for renewal via drop box, this is my 2nd renewal. This time I was expecting them to call me for pick up like it was in my first renewal but I got a mail for interview. Now I don't know what could be the issue. I had my two kids in U.S. I never over stayed, finished my bills payment for the first child but still owing for the second child. When I was there to deliver the second child I used private insurance which I paid monthly premium to the insurance company. 2, while I was filling my application I made mistakes which I eventually had to pay visa fee twice and I went back and forth with the customer service center before I submitted. Which of this do u think could be the course of my invitation and what do u think the questions might be.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Beluv:
Hello lady G, I submitted my application for renewal via drop box, this is my 2nd renewal. This time I was expecting them to call me for pick up like it was in my first renewal but I got a mail for interview. Now I don't know what could be the issue. I had my two kids in U.S. I never over stayed, finished my bills payment for the first child but still owing for the second child. When I was there to deliver the second child I used private insurance which I paid monthly premium to the insurance company. 2, while I was filling my application I made mistakes which I eventually had to pay visa fee twice and I went back and forth with the customer service center before I submitted. Which of this do u think could be the course of my invitation and what do u think the questions might be.
I suspect the second bill
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Beluv:
The 2nd bill. So go with all supporting documents. You are usually advised to complete payment and geta zero balance report. Looking at it literally, you are still owing the american insurance coy...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lovettett(f): 2:08am On Oct 17, 2015
Finally was able to get emirates for first week of December to last week of December for approximately 250 k.it has abt 2 hours 45 mins stop over in dubai..before now I got etihad for less than dat...only for my reservation to be canceled. Pls, does emirate do preclearence in dubai? I know etihad does..i didn't get a clear answer online..thank u..lady G, thank u for a wonderful job..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lovettett(f): 2:35am On Oct 17, 2015
Pls my people, any tip on reasonable hotel in new york?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 7:36am On Oct 17, 2015
lovettett:
Finally was able to get emirates for first week of December to last week of December for approximately 250 k.it has abt 2 hours 45 mins stop over in dubai..before now I got etihad for less than dat...only for my reservation to be canceled. Pls, does emirate do preclearence in dubai? I know etihad does..i didn't get a clear answer online..thank u..lady G, thank u for a wonderful job..

Hi Lovettett, Emirate does not do preclearance in Dubai.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2015
lovettett:
Pls my people, any tip on reasonable hotel in new york?

Try booking.com. I use them every time. On cheap hotels, Unfortunately this season isn't the season for cheap hotels in NYC. The season for cheap hotels is January to March as that is the 'dead of winter'.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by loxxy: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
Please help "Institution attended", because I do not remember the date I started Secondary School and the date I finished.

Date of Attendance From:
Date of Attendance To:

Please what should I input so I can proceed with the application.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2015
loxxy:
Please help "Institution attended", because I do not remember the date I started Secondary School and the date I finished.

Date of Attendance From:
Date of Attendance To:

Please what should I input so I can proceed with the application.

Thanks
But u can rem the year? Check ur waec if it says oct 2012 . U minus 6 years. That would make it oct 2007.
So date started 01/10/1997
Date ended 01/10/2014
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by osayukiigbe: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good day ladies and gentle men... Please can anybody give me ideal on how to aply for visit USA with my family, and the document needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotchez(f): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good evening house! Please I need your help. I applied for Visa with my sis(she was rejected last 2weeks,we reapplied) and our interview is in 2 weeks time for tourist. I started working 2months ago(as a manager: its a family business) and my bank acct is ok cux I saved a lot + salary while she's a student(final year). I read through the other post and i know about bank statements, I couldn't read all. Pls I want to knw what other documents I must go with, the questions I will be faced with and my sis chances of getting a yes this time! Pls help a sis out. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
dotchez:
Good evening house! Please I need your help. I applied for Visa with my sis(she was rejected last 2weeks,we reapplied) and our interview is in 2 weeks time for tourist. I started working 2months ago(as a manager: its a family business) and my bank acct is ok cux I saved a lot + salary while she's a student(final year). I read through the other post and i know about bank statements, I couldn't read all. Pls I want to knw what other documents I must go with, the questions I will be faced with and my sis chances of getting a yes this time! Pls help a sis out. Thanks
Anybody that will tell u your chances of getting a yes would be lying to u or giving u false hope. Especially when nobody knows the reason you were Refused or what your home ties are.
To the 2nd question of documents, if u don't know the documents U should carry then I aint suprised you were denied. Nothing good comes easy. (Sorry :blunt but honest) Do your due diligence and actally read the part. 1 of this thread. Everything u need is contained therein.
Likewise to all the people asking about documents and procedure. A quick look at the US website and the thread will answer all thy questions

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Anybody that will tell u your chances of getting a yes would be lying to u or giving u false hope. Especially when nobody knows the reason you were Refused or what your home ties are.
To the 2nd question of documents, if u don't know the documents U should carry then I aint suprised you were denied. Nothing good comes easy. (Sorry :blunt but honest) Do your due diligence and actally read the part. 1 of this thread. Everything u need is contained therein.
Likewise to all the people asking about documents and procedure. A quick look at the US website and the thread will answer all thy questions

Tell them oh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotchez(f): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
I didn't say I was denied. Anyways thank you for replying the way you did! My brother resides there, he's married with kids
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sakibuyomi: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have a question about this b1/b2 visa. I am a 33 yrs old US Citizen and my boyfriend of 1 year is from nigeria.he is 36yrs old and we met here in the US on one of his visits. He currently has a b1/b2 visa that is valid until 2016 and visit's me in Texas often. We would like to get married here in the US during his next visit in December, he will be here for 3 weeks and will return to nigeria in January 2016. I know that it is ok for us to marry in US with his passport as ID as long as he intends to return to nigeria and not stay in US.

My question is, he was once married before and he has 3 kids but he is divourced now.
Can I go ahead with the marriage ? And after our marriage here in the US, can he decide to stay here while I file for him or must he return back to Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
sakibuyomi:
I have a question about this b1/b2 visa. I am a 33 yrs old US Citizen and my boyfriend of 1 year is from nigeria.he is 36yrs old and we met here in the US on one of his visits. He currently has a b1/b2 visa that is valid until 2016 and visit's me in Texas often. We would like to get married here in the US during his next visit in December, he will be here for 3 weeks and will return to nigeria in January 2016. I know that it is ok for us to marry in US with his passport as ID as long as he intends to return to nigeria and not stay in US.

My question is, he was once married before and he has 3 kids but he is divourced now.
Can I go ahead with the marriage ? And after our marriage here in the US, can he decide to stay here while I file for him or must he return back to Nigeria ?
If he's LEGALLY Divorced and not merely seperated, then its legal for the marriage to happen. Mind u, if he isn't divorced, bigamy is a crime both in the the US and Nigeria.
He can only stay within the time frame he's stamped in for. One can file for an extention pending the regularization but I understand if the application for an Extention is refused, he has to leave the US immediately (@LagosNIV please correct me if I'm wrong on this point)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
dotchez:
I didn't say I was denied. Anyways thank you for replying the way you did! My brother resides there, he's married with kids
Exactly my point. U got it all wrong and if u ddont work hard by being prepared, u will come off as such and be denied.
Your ties relate to Nigeria not what will make u comfy in the US. If your ties in the US exceeds Nigeria u won't gerrit.
That being said, you must be completely honest. I don yarn finish. Read. Read and Read
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sakibuyomi: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

If he's LEGALLY Divorced and not merely seperated, then its legal for the marriage to happen. Mind u, if he isn't divorced, bigamy is a crime both in the the US and Nigeria.
He can only stay within the time frame he's stamped in for. One can file for an extention pending the regularization but I understand if the application for an Extention is refused, he has to leave the US immediately (@LagosNIV please correct me if I'm wrong on this point)
Yes thank u. He is legally divourced in Nigeria, in fact , it was his first wife that divorced him and I'm quite aware of this. Actually, his first wife got to know about his relationship with me, coupled with some other things, that made her divorced him.
However, we are determined to get married here in the US when he arrives, and I will file for him once we have our marriage certificate here, but I still want to ask if after our marriage, he has to go back to Nigeria, or can he stay with me here for the process of his adjustment of status ? He is really afraid of not to break the US immigration rules by staying with me after our marriage for me do the fillings for him, he insists on returning back to Nigeria, pls assist me. Can he stay with me even after his 6 months duration giving to him at the POE expires ? Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tiscomary2015: 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 2 of this thread, part 1 is now boggy and too long for newbies to read through. (Although the info there is priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.
Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

Thank you.

Lady G for General (5 star!). cheesy

Hello LadyG,
I'm pretty new here, in short, I just joined today. The travel section caught my attention.
I'm planning a family visit to the US (next year) I'm married (2years) and have a daughter, she's 1+ ... We (my wife, daughter and i ) just want to try to apply for tourist visa , for family vacation.
My wife has never travelled, i have travelled before but that was a long time ago. 2008 (Germany) 2009 (Austria) I'm 34 and my wife is 29
I work in a company (have been working for 13 years) and i earn average of 300k per month. I also have a distributorship business which i established in 2008 ( a major distributor to a diary manufacturing company in lagos) the business was registered with CAC as Business name 2008. I also registered another business name in 2012 which i use for small supplies and contracts with companies(the turnover of both businesses is quite encouraging anyway- this is equally evident in monthly bank statement of acct.
My wife takes a full time job running part of the business, while i still maintain my paid job- though I've a couple of guys who oversee other aspects. My inlaw lives in the US and owns his own business (used to be vendor to a state there ***) and have been there for several years.
Given the situation above, can we apply and what is our chance of getting visa?
Like I stated, I'm new here and I'm planning the application for mid 2016 or so, if time permits.
Your advice will be appreciated.
Thanks all!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
sakibuyomi:

Yes thank u. He is legally divourced in Nigeria, in fact , it was his first wife that divorced him and I'm quite aware of this. Actually, his first wife got to know about his relationship with me, coupled with some other things, that made her divorced him.
However, we are determined to get married here in the US when he arrives, and I will file for him once we have our marriage certificate here, but I still want to ask if after our marriage, he has to go back to Nigeria, or can he stay with me here for the process of his adjustment of status ? He is really afraid of not to break the US immigration rules by staying with me after our marriage for me do the fillings for him, he insists on returning back to Nigeria, pls assist me. Can he stay with me even after his 6 months duration giving to him at the POE expires ? Thanks
Reread the ist answer i gave u. The answer remains the same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U.S stopped given extensions on b1/b2 visa

Good Luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
sakibuyomi:

There is no limit to how many times you can marry under U.S law hence there is no bigamy involved. You should be more concern on filling emigrant visa application for him.

You file spouses petition, depending on the current processing time and in what jurisdiction your petition goes to which depends on the state you are residence in.

He can not stay in U.S for adjustment of status simply because you don't want him to be illegal or overstay. He can still be coming to visit while his emigrant petition is going on. An average spouses petition is 18-36 months period.

Good Luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:55am On Oct 19, 2015
cozybunch:

There is no limit to how many times you can marry under U.S law hence there is no bigamy involved. You should be more concern on filling emigrant visa application for him.

You file spouses petition, depending on the current processing time and in what jurisdiction your petition goes to which depends on the state you are residence in.

He can not stay in U.S for adjustment of status simply because you don't want him to be illegal or overstay. He can still be coming to visit while his emigrant petition is going on. An average spouses petition is 18-36 months period.

Good Luck.
Bigamy:getting married whilst still married.I. Never mentioned nos. Of times married. Please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:06am On Oct 19, 2015
cozybunch:

U.S stopped given extensions on b1/b2 visa

Good Luck
Thank u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 4:16am On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Bigamy:getting married whilst still married.I. Never mentioned nos. Of times married. Please.

I understand what bigamy is and that is why I used it. Numbers there means that she can get married and divorce and marry again and divorce as much as she fall in love and fail out of love. Thats what I mean by saying no numbers to number of time she can marry.. hence there is divorce

Good Luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotchez(f): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere. Sometimes you should learn to ignore post. You sound rude to me. Sorry I am not sorry. You didn't understand my post. Ask me let me explain. If I read and understand what I can. I just asked if there's any additional documents or questions I would be asked? This forum was created for questions right and I asked. I thought I would get a reply not this response from you! Thanks anyways

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2015
dotchez:
LadyGuinivere. Sometimes you should learn to ignore post. You sound rude to me. Sorry I am not sorry. You didn't understand my post. Ask me let me explain. If I read and understand what I can. I just asked if there's any additional documents or questions I would be asked? This forum was created for questions right and I asked. I thought I would get a reply not this response from you! Thanks anyways
Seen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2015
@dutchez

please, nobody is paying anybody any dime for the invaluable information we r getting here. it takes alot of reading to be grounded on a lot of info here.
We should try to be polite and commend people that respond to our questions.
Lady G is doing a tremendous work here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daaz001: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2015
Hmmm, I had my interview today with a lady at the counter 1 at exactly 9:55am. Tho I was refused the visa but here is my transcript.

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your passport

Me: I did
VO: Why do you want to go to the USA

ME: For Vacation and do some shopping for our wedding coming up on Dec 5.(wedding gown n my Suit)

VO: She was busy typing for like 30sec n. Later asked, What do you do
ME: I manage a family business( Stated the name of the company)

VO: What is your position in the company
ME: I'm the assistant director of the company and told her my duties in the office held

VO: Are you married
Me: I will be getting married come Dec 5 and I will be shopping for our wedding clothes there as well like I told you earlier.

VO: How much do you earn
Me: After tax, my take home salary is 265,600

VO: Do you have any kid?
Me: No I don't, will just be getting married soon.

VO: She faced the computer and started typing again n her hand was moving in between the white and the blue sheet , she later paused for few seconds and said unfortunately, you can not be granted visa this time.

So that was how my interview went this morning.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2015
No need to call names here as we all are here to help each other. No body knows it all. I may have all the expansive travel history and lots of years at my back leaving in states but stlll learns each day from every one here.

There may be need to study old post for questions relating to or the same with which one has. It doesn't look good for repetitive questions. I have read 1 in 10 posting that ask my chances of getting visa, no body here issues visa and can answer that question. Another question being asked alot is what documents to provide, whereas the u.s website gives detail information on what is expected and in previous tread has that question, answered.

I am amazed on the wealth of knowledge here on all participants and I do expect continues respect for each other and freedom of information given. I made mistakes in my younger days in life when it comes to traveling, if we had a forum like this back in the days, most of us older, would not not make those mistakes. Please very important we respect each other, thanks

Good Luck you all

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.