Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1528917 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
tzetzefly:

My absence is regretted. Actually, you guys have been very helpful here from all indication. However, I will try to be available more often soonest wink
Oga sir...bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Djcool2744:

thank u omobendel24 buh d review option is white its not loading. there is nothin like continue without picture. the only thing here is upload selected photo or cancel
In essence, you haven't reached or handled the "photo" upload section. Are you done with the "security and background" section up to its part 5? If yes, proceed to uploading your photo then. Till you are done with this section, you can't move on to REVIEW just yet. Okay, note that if you upload a picture and it doesn't meet up with the outlined standard, the "continue without a photo" option will be activated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Djcool2744: 12:03am On Mar 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

In essence, you haven't reached or handled the "photo" upload section. Are you done with the "security and background" section up to its part 5? If yes, proceed to uploading your photo then. Till you are done with this section, you can't move on to REVIEW just yet. Okay, note that if you upload a picture and it doesn't meet up with the outlined standard, the "continue without a photo" option will be activated
thank you for taken ur time to explain bro God bless u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by optimusprime2(m): 6:36am On Mar 07, 2016
Ikennadon:
Hello friends, I applied for the b1/b2 visa and am about to go for the interview. If they ask me what is ur propose of going to USA what should be the best way to answer? Thanks
Repeating exactly everything you filled on your DS-160 form that had to do with why you are going to the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2016
I went for my interview today in Abuja, i was denied. Transcript.
Vo........ Why are you going to michigan

Me...... Vacation and also visiting a friend there Vo........ Is she your girlfriend. Me......... No she is my long time friend, we attended the same school together and she is married with kids. Vo...... Are you married me..... Yes Vo........... How did your wife feel about your travelling. Me....... She is very busy with her work for now, no free day. Vo........ What did you do. Me........ I own my own business, blah blah blah Vo......... What is your income. Me......... Averagely 380k per month. Vo.... .... Have you travel before. Me........... No. Vo............ We're sorry you're not eligible for usa for now blah blah blah, put the green form in between my passport. They denied most people today in Abuja, just two people were given in my present out of over 100. Please advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
segee77:

Me...... Vacation and also visiting a friend there Vo........ Is she your girlfriend. Me......... No she is my long time friend, we attended the same school together and she is married with kids. Vo...... Are you married me..... Yes Vo........... How did your wife feel about your travelling. Me....... She is very busy with her work for now, no free day. Vo........ What did you do. Me........ I own my own business, blah blah blah Vo......... What is your income. Me......... Averagely 380k per month. Vo.... .... Have you travel before. Me........... No. Vo............ We're sorry you're not eligible for usa for now blah blah blah, put the green form in between my passport. They denied most people today in Abuja, just two people were given in my present out of over 100. Please advise. Thanks

IMO i spotted just 2 contentious reason why the VO disapproved.

(1) Purpose/Intent of travel
Married man going to see a female married friend.
Also you'll be vacating but without your wife.

(2) Travel history
You'll most-def need an extra stance of luck to convince the VO.

You COULD reapply later in the year stating same reason(s) for travel but this time with your wife
AND if possible have a better travel history before then.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
segee77:

too bad sorry about that but why include her in your travel plan when you will be staying in a hotel and she's married as well... The VO was worried about how your wife will feel and you did nothing to convince the V.O that your wife is perfectly okay with your visit to a married woman?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by segee77: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
She offered me accommodation in her house and she's a friend to the family, I know her family very well and she knows my too, I forgot to say married with kid, I have a son and is it compulsory for me to travel to other place before I could reapply. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gravity007: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello house,
I just got a B1/B2 Visa with my wife.
During the interview we were asked if she was pregnant and I said 'No'
But I am nursing the intention of giving birth in the States if or when she gets pregnant even though we would still go for vacation first in New York as i told them during the interview.
My question now is that if we want to give birth in the States do I have to send an email to the embassy stating my intention or just pay hospital bills and show evidence at Point of Entry?
Please advise.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
gravity007:
Hello house,
But I am nursing the intention of giving birth in the States if or when she gets pregnant even though we would still go for vacation first in New York as i told them during the interview.
My question now is that if we want to give birth in the States do I have to send an email to the embassy stating my intention or just pay hospital bills and show evidence at Point of Entry?
Please advise.
Thanks

All your answers are here: https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
gravity007:
Hello house,
Please advise.
Thanks
ist follow the link Benny gave
But your answer is 2 pronged.
1. If she isn't pregnant as at today, then u have no issues. Anytime you guys get pregnant, u can do the needful and then inform the embassy.
2. If u however lied today, then you are OYO

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
Djcool2744:
thank you for taken ur time to explain bro God bless u
You are most welcome. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

ist follow the link Benny gave
But your answer is 2 pronged.
1. If she isn't pregnant as at today, then u have no issues. Anytime you guys get pregnant, u can do the needful and then inform the embassy.
2. If u however lied today, then you are OYO
Kindly help me clarify this one please, I know I should have gone to the birthing thread. What's the implication if one that's about 9wks gone says so at the interview whether asked or not, she wants to go visiting this Easter for now but will want to go back to give birth around September/October (she intends coming clear on all these with the VO) all things being equal? Should she just wait till summer to apply having done all the necessary; correspondence, accommodation, payments, etc as per birthing? She really wants to go visiting about now first and likely use the opportunity to check things out better as an aside. Kindly oblige me so I can give feedback to my inlaw. Abi make I pm you? Meanwhile, this person don visit dubai and France before and she get valid SA visa wey she never use too, married for about 2yrs now and gainfully employed. Won't the pregnancy be a disadvantage to her application about now? Her husband fit apply too when it's time to go birthing?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Kindly help me clarify this one please, I know I should have gone to the birthing thread. What's the implication if one that's about 9wks gone says so at the interview whether asked or not, and same person wants to go visiting this easter for now but will want to go back to give birth around September/October (she intends coming clear on all these with the VO)? Should she just wait till summer to apply having done all the necessary; correspondence, accommodation, payments, etc? She really wants to go visiting about now first and likely use the opportunity to check things out better as an aside. Kindly oblige me so I can give feedback to my inlaw. Abi make I pm you?
Please don't pm me cos I won't reply on this issue personally. But I'll reply here
Its pretty strightforward. Was the lady pregnant at the time of the interview? If , was she asked and what was her reply?
If she lied, its misrepresentation and all the serere will just be trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the americans.
The conclusion is that everything lies at the discretion of the cbp. A notification of intent does not cure misrepresentation and if a cbp does the math ....n em sabi werrin e go do.
Modify:
Since the applicnt is yet to go, she's to go prepared. If she's pregnant at the time of the interview nd she says she's not sure whether she'll birth there, the vo will most likely refuse her. So its better she waits and gets correspondence and gbo gbo eh.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Please don't pm me cos I won't reply on this issue personally. But I'll reply here
Its pretty strightforward. Was the lady pregnant at the time of the interview? If , was she asked and what was her reply?
If she lied, its misrepresentation and all the serere will just be trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the americans.
The conclusion is that everything lies at the discretion of the cbp. A notification of intent does not cure misrepresentation and if a cbp does the math ....n em sabi werrin e go do.
Omobendel as my guy, I tire for this ur qweshion o!
Dis one never go for interview oh, na now she wan go, she's not planning to misrepresent. She wants to come out straight, they want to know if to burst the Easter Visit and concentrate on the Medical/Birthing visit later in the year, because the husband feels the about 9wks gone pregnancy may affect her application negatively as of now, me no Sabi all those una pregnancy related application matter ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Dis one never go for interview oh, na now she wan go, she's not planning to misrepresent. She wants to come out straight, they want to know if to burst the Easter Visit and concentrate on the Medical/Birthing visit later in the year, because the husband feels the about 9wks gone pregnancy may affect her application negatively as of now, me no Sabi all those una pregnancy related application matter ma
Yes I just saw the latter part. See my modified post. The husband is right . No right thinking vo will give an applicant a visa on vague terms

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes I just saw the latter part. See my modified post. The husband is right . No right thinking vo will give an applicant a visa on vague terms

Well said

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Okay, seen. Good! But vague ke? She wants to go on Easter holiday right now for 12days (thought she's entitled to that? She no fit go vacation again because of early stage pregnancy?), intends letting the VO know she's already 9wks gone (that's the snag that is scaring them big time), as well as answering in the affirmative if asked whether she will be birthing in the US, she wants to tell the VO without mincing words that that will be the purpose of her next visit later in the year (dem go don do all the necessary by then for sure). They have the resources available and to show if need be that if the pregnancy was due as of now, they are ready for the birthing expenses. Only say dem never go official with all necessary party involved at the US end yet! But she just wan first go holiday now and is fully prepared to apply as such now. Na that pregnancy be the consideration now, fear no let them try misrepresentation at all.
They are reading our discussions now too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay, seen. Good! But vague ke? She wants to go on Easter holiday right now for 12days (thought she's entitled to that? She no fit go vacation again because of early stage pregnancy?), intends letting the VO know she's already 9wks gone (that's the snag that is scaring them big time), as well as answering in the affirmative if asked whether she will be birthing in the US, she wants to tell the VO without mincing words that that will be the purpose of her next visit later in the year (dem go don do all the necessary by then for sure). They have the resources available and to show if need be that if the pregnancy was due as of now, they are ready for the birthing expenses. Only say dem never go official with all necessary party involved at the US end yet! But she just wan first go holiday now and is fully prepared to apply as such now. Na that pregnancy be the consideration now
They are reading our discussions now too

Vague cos you actually brought in the US delivery twist... everything eventually sounded vague!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Vague cos you actually brought in the US delivery twist... everything eventually sounded vague!
Lol! Wait first, make we take am one by one. If them ask am whether she dey pregnant, wetin she go talk? No be YES? What of if the follow up question come up nko asking whether she go intend to born for US, wetin she go come answer? YES or NO, which one good pass? If she say NO, that one never mean say she no fit later try am born there? If she say YES, but that she go do so on a later trip, no be that one better pass (remember say na her 1st trimester she dey so oh, about 9wks by her intended interview date? She wan go born for either US or Canada when time reach, but na US own we dey talk now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
patostical:
Thanks again my good people @ Beniyoha01, Lady General' a true general in this', just wise, Rahm,Seyewest,Chloe7,OmoBendel, LagosNIV, Banky222 and all those who have contributed in one way or the other to make this thread a success. Did my interview at Abuja and the transcript went thus:

VO: hello
Me: good afternoon ma.
VO: ur passport pls.
Me: OK. Gave her and she scan just the bar code on confirmation page only and begin type for about 20sec.
VO: why are u travelling to Florida?
Me: Taking my family for Xmas vacation." I made a mistake there, instead of Easter and my wife just pinch me for back, I think she thought I mean Easter because she didn't ask again.
VO: have you travel as a family before
Me: yes we have
VO: which country have you visited together
Me: UK, UAE and south Africa. All this while she is just busy typing and didn't check our passport.
VO: what do u do sir
Me: An a wireline operator in bla bla bla oil servicing company, eket.
VO: how much do u earn
Me: 550k monthly
VO: madam, you r a medical doctor?
Wifey: yes ma.
VO: what do u do
Wifey: Am a medical officer in A&E department, FMC keffi.
VO: what does the gall bladder do?
Wifey: gave her the answer with all the medicals jagons
VO: how much do u earn
Wifey: 215k
VO: are u pregnant
Wifey: yes, the VO was still busy typing as she ask her questions and we give her answers.
VO: when r u due
Wifey: October
VO: do you intend to seek medical care in the US?
Wifey: Yes I do but not on this vacation trip.
VO: what about in the future
Wifey: yes

VO: your visa have been approved, gave the white paper and said direction to get ur passport in 2-3 business day is in there.

That is it oooh house. I thanks you guys. Wish a prospective applicant God's favour because is not about how prepare u r or how often u hv travel but God's favour. A couple was denial visa because their children all went to the US with a visiting visa and then seek asylum using boko haram as reason. The couple's were denial on the ground that the two of them may go there and do the same thing, even with plenty talk from the man, the VO still gave them the yellow paper. So pls pray and have genuine intentions and ur visa will be approved.
Sorry for the long story oooooh.
LadyGuinivere and BenIyoha1, see @the bolded too

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thomasonih: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
Deleted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by rukeme2005: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello everyone, ladyG, Chloe etc,

I was denied b1/b2 visa in February 2016 for an intention to go for vacation since my leave was that month. Now the company I work for just secured a contract with a multinational firm, this requires some top leads to go for external trainings, I got my letter today for a training in the US in April 2016 but I do know what to do since the normal thing is for one to wait 90days before applying after a denial.

I want to be opened to my training coordinator about the last denial which was just last month.

Do you guys think am okay to apply since there will be a significant difference from my previous application n now.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
@mobendel thanks for that post.
Remember we always speak based on opinions.
Mine is based on the fact that's more is better than less.
One may not meet a 'happy' vo. But all in all, na dem gats to decide.
This is why I refrain from commenting on 'chances' rather I try to help with advice on how to ensure one's ties is highlighted

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
rukeme2005:
Hello everyone, ladyG, Chloe etc,

I was denied b1/b2 visa in February 2016 for an intention to go for vacation since my leave was that month. Now the company I work for just secured a contract with a multinational firm, this requires some top leads to go for external trainings, I got my letter today for a training in the US in April 2016 but I do know what to do since the normal thing is for one to wait 90days before applying after a denial.

I want to be opened to my training coordinator about the last denial which was just last month.

Do you guys think am okay to apply since there will be a significant difference from my previous application n now.

Thanks
Its good u know about the 90 day clause.
Please note that the change required is a significant change in your personal circumstances
The question now is between Feb and Mrch does the fact that your organisation count as a change in YOUR personal circumstance much more a significant one? You are the best judge of that cos I don't wanna seem like I'm a prophet of doom. What's worth doin is worth doing well. Before u ask me of what I would consider a change, I'd tell u a promotion counts as such.
But hey! If u got the kudi pay.
Me I know my body dey pepper me for the new fee I had to pay for ma aunty's friend that I went and unknowingly did dropbox for
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@mobendel thanks for that post.
Remember we always speak based on opinions.
Mine is based on the fact that's more is better than less.
One may not meet a 'happy' vo. But all in all, na dem gats to decide

Exactly, @OmoBendel I 100% know it's possible to travel while pregnant and if you remember i'd stated it in an old post here...
but the way you coined the 1st post made it look like the couple are confused as to what they really wanted, if you had stated it like the transcript you posted then it's another case entirely.

However, US visa in some cases are just mere luck not even about qualification. I read a transcript on another Nairaland thread about a woman who was denied and she went on ranting to the VO that "whats special about American sef, is it because i want to spend my money their and your are acting as if it's a special place" and the VO told her i'll approve your visa just so you can see whats special about America.

That's how crazy it goes!

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Its good u know about the 90 day clause.
Please note that the change required is a CHANGE IN YY

@Rukeme, irrespective of your new and genuine study/training opportunity applying so soon will make you seem desperate.
trust me, the VO's don't have the patient to know how important or how genuine the training is, to them... you are oozing desperation (with a sudden change of story).

Give it some time!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
seyewest:
Oga sir...bless you

Thank you and Goodluck! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Lol! Wait first, make we take am one by one. If them ask am whether she dey pregnant, wetin she go talk? No be YES? What of if the follow up question come up nko asking whether she go intend to born for US, wetin she go come answer? YES or NO, which one good pass? If she say NO, that one never mean say she no fit later try am born there? If she say YES, but that she go do so on a later trip, no be that one better pass (remember say na her 1st trimester she dey so oh, about 9wks by her intended interview date? She wan go born for either US or Canada when time reach, but na US own we dey talk now
Bro the couple must apply together and they must notify the V.O of their intention to birth in the U.S apart from vacation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 08, 2016
Hello house,
I have a problem here. I need some suggestions on how to go about this. I want to go back for my second visa interview this march or first week april by grace of God. I changed school now from University of Houston, now to schiller international university, FL. I have my new I-20 but something came up. I am planning on going with my girlfriend but by 2017 i might marry her though but the problem is she is not a nigerian. She is rwandese whom i met during my time in china. I contacted the school and i told them i want an I-20 reprint because i want to add a dependent, although in my statement there i said she is my wife they have asked for a new bank letter, which i plan meeting my fathers account officer to get it and as well pay for express mail and reproduction fee. She has been to the US twice and still has a valid us visa i think, my first question is would it be okay to bring her to Us embassy in nigeria as she is not legally my wife/nigerian citizen/Nigerian resident? . Question 2: though it is my 2nd degree i want to go for my sponsor remains my father but my fear is my parents because i know they hate her because she is not 9ja, so i don't want to go to the embassy to mention my father as part of the person sponsoring including her but i have my own money that is enough to cover her expenses for as long as she is in the USA with me,is it possible for me to be her sponsor while my father is my own sponsor?. My fear is let her not make them dash me 214(b) because of her nationality. Because this time if i don't get it, i am heading to canada
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 2:31am On Mar 08, 2016
oga V O I greet u for ur good work. pls am having issue in my ds 160 form, that place they asked of national identification number cos I don't have it, also that place they asked about arrival and departure. thanks God bless us all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Rahmek please visit the US student thread.

Ikanson National I'd can be grayed out. Its not compulsory.
U should have a tentative date of travel. Put that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.