Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? (2190 Views)

Deportee In Tears As Only Son Dies, Wife Marries Best Friend (pic) / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
I believe everything has it's good and bad sides.being an only son or daughter has it's pros and cons... Sometimes the family and society expects much from them,eg for the guys:they are xpected to hustle extra hard to take care of the family as well as to marry early..girls on the other hand are expected to play the motherly figure,settling disputes as the Ada.not to get married far away and all that. Now coming to the feelings attached to it,i for one sometimes feels lonely most of the time wheneva i hear my roomates/friends/coursemates say stuffs about their sisters;my sis did this,she did that arrrgh! I wil just keep mute..do i hv a sis? No!..sometimes the conversation will go lyk this: me:babe this ur weave-on fine oh,how much? Babe:i dnt know oh,my elder sis gave me. Me:smiles. I could go on and on to give illustrations bt i want to give us the chance to share our xperiences so far being an only son/daugter. Pls pardon any grammatical error. Good evening.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Mskrisx(f): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Doesn't feel anyhow
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
U have neva for once wished to have a sister? Not cousin sis,blood sister?
Mskrisx:
Doesn't feel anyhow

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Zehner(f): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
It feels normal.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by herald9: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
I don't want to generalize, but from my little experience with 'an only son' friend, those guys are terribly stingy and selfish.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by tpiander: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
who is asking.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Krystalzkris(f): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
am not an only daughter,buh I know my little bro,usually feels lonely sometimes nd wishes for a brother
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by hawk05(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmm! If u re in my shoe ya would knw how many miles i have been passing thru on a broken bottle with a bare foot.. How?? Am a bilingual deaf and only son of parent.

God is there for me (Have prayed)..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
Feel good,

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lol
herald9:
I don't want to generalize, but from my little experience with 'an only son' friend, those guys are terribly stingy and selfish.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
U are right..btw hope u are preparing for monday?
Krystalzkris:
am not an only daughter,buh I know my little bro,usually feels lonely sometimes nd wishes for a brother
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by herald9: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
chomytex:
Lol
Are you? wink
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Amen
hawk05:
Hmmm! If u re in my shoe ya would knw how many miles i have been passing thru on a broken bottle with a bare foot.. How?? Am a bilingual deaf and only son of parent.

God is there for me (Have prayed)..
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nah
herald9:
Are you? wink
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by herald9: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
chomytex:
Nah
Proof you are not stingy.

Gimme a kiss. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lol,u dn fail be that nah
herald9:
Proof you are not stingy.

Gimme a kiss. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by herald9: 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
chomytex:
Lol,u dn fail be that nah
Now this have lend credence to my claim. Y'all are stingy. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by herald9: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lol ok oh.
herald9:
Now this have lend credence to my claim. Y'all are stingy. grin
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Krystalzkris(f): 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
chomytex:
U are right..btw hope u are preparing for monday?
my dear,am doing my best.. Let dem jst write the stuff make person go house,ah don tire..
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
No be only u jare,me sef don tire.
Krystalzkris:
my dear,am doing my best.. Let dem jst write the stuff make person go house,ah don tire..
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 11, 2015
I am the only Daughter with 2 soldiers. embarassed not been easy, no one to share my Outfits with, no one to share Gossips with, my mum has been my All. One reason I want my first child to be a Beautiful Girl kiss
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by chomytex(f): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2015
Mine is 3 soldiers...nt bn easy jare.
goldenruby:
I am the only Daughter with 2 soldiers. embarassed not been easy, no one to share my Outfits with, no one to share Gossips with, my mum has been my All. One reason I want my first child to be a Beautiful Girl kiss
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2015
That's how in church today I was looking longingly at two sisters sitting beside me cry

How do I feel being an only girl? Not good most times embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by hpk(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2015
being the only boy hasn't been funny cos no brother to share stuff with and talk about girls with. so sad!
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by veave(f): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2015
goldenruby:

I have two sisters(younger). Their wahala no be here. I can beat my chest and tell you I have no privacy. I'm not allowed to own any property. Desired clothes, shoes and bags are coveted at will without permission. All in all, I love them to bits. The only problem I have is that fear of failing them and not living up to expectations. Or not setting a good standard for them to follow. That has just been my driving force and encouragement. I know I cannot misbehave because I have people watching with keen interest looking up to me. It's been a good ride so far. I love my sisters like ogini? Not even Parting with a brand new dress I have not worn can make me wish otherwise grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Pidggin(f): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2015
Eyah, I feel for you all. I have sisters and I won't lie they have been the closest friends I have had so far(we've had our share of quarrels too tho). I also have brothers, but my elder bros is such a darling, love him so much. My point is, try and be grateful for the siblings you have, you are better than people who don't have siblings at all.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by Biim: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2015
Not easy jare, I cant do what everyone does and get away with it, many energy draining expectations.
Re: How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? by nigeriancuban: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2015
being only or with multitudes doesn't really count,in life its all man for himself and God for all of us.so when you feel that lonely just grab your bible an Jesus is there to keep you company....

(1) (Reply)

Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. / Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? / He's married and she wants him back now after dumping him 8 years ago.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.