Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (52313 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Ikwerre language is classed as Igboid. I agree. I have no problem with that. So there is no argument.

The names they bear is a cultural/anthropological issue and has nothing to do with Linguistics. Nigerians bear all manner of names like Goodluck,Government,Heineken and Ibrahim. So much for your claims to scholarship. Your thinking is so incoherent. What does the names a people bear have to do with the classification of their language. Anyhow like I said I have never disputed that the Ikwerre language is Igboid.
You need to learn logic
You just introduced a new term: Urhoboidgrin

Mr Scholar you really need to learn how to spell.

You are the one who is a tribal bigot jumping to all manner of moronic conclusions. Who are my people

I am saddened that you do not know the spelling of pubic region. Wonderful!!! Always make sure you check a dictionary before you point out error or carry out an error analysis as if you are a Linguist.
The term Urhoboid has been a scholarly term by Urhobo Professors such as Rose Aziza in scholarly discourses for a while now. Update your limited knowledge at least.

Ikwerre is Igboid! Thank God you agree! Finally... Bigot.

I have not seen any Ijaw, Urhobo, Edo, Yoruba or Hausa bear Odili or Chukwunonso or Eze. So your anthropological theory is faulty. Names of other tribes are used when the lesser tribe, in this case Ikwerre, tries to keep up with their cultural ties. Ikwerre people, like the Isoko, are just noisemakers about their independence! Nigerians know better! Igbo is Igbo! Urhobo is Urhobo! The various shades and colorations are nothing more than those caused by geographical distance. You Ikwerre people are not appreciative. Even Isokos are better than you guys. You deny your fathers because of the civil war. You claim to be of BENIN! Chei!!!!! You are not even CULTURALLY NEAR to BENIN at all. Even the Ikas have a much better claim than you guys! Oh Please. Dullard.

3 Likes

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Afam4eva(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Urhobo is Edoid, Isoko is Urhoboid and Ikwerre is Igboid. Accept it or not, it wont CHANGE ANYTHING!!! Ikwerre has and will ALWAYS continue to be identified as Igboid. Nothing can change that, especially when you bear names like Odili, Amaechi, Nyesom, Chukwunonso, Diobi, Ada, Eze, etc. You can strap a bomb to your public region and mount a horse without a saddle if you dont like it. Tribal bigot! No wonder your people are always at loggerheads with the Yorubas on Nairaland!
That guy is neither Ikwerre nor Igbo. He is a Yoruba man, so your comment may be misplaced.

You may need to ignore him because there is nothing you say here that will change his preconceived notion. he hasn't come here to learn but to argue endlessly.

3 Likes

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

That guy is neither Ikwerre nor Igbo. he is a Yoruba man, so your comment may be misplaced.

It is alright! If he is Yoruba, I wonder why he derails this thread with rantings about Ikwerre and Igbo. Smh. Hot soup over another man's troubles.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

I am saddened that you do not know the spelling of pubic region. Wonderful!!! Always make sure you check a dictionary before you point

STOP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

That guy is neither Ikwerre nor Igbo. He is a Yoruba man, so your comment may be misplaced.

You may need to ignore him because there is nothing you say here that will change his preconceived notion. he hasn't come here to learn but to argue endlessly.

So Omonnakoda or whatever he calls himself is simply a troll! Well, its time to end this once and for all.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Urhobo is Edoid, Isoko is Urhoboid and Ikwerre is Igboid. Accept it or not, it wont CHANGE ANYTHING!!! Ikwerre has and will ALWAYS continue to be identified as Igboid. Nothing can change that, especially when you bear names like Odili, Amaechi, Nyesom, Chukwunonso, Diobi, Ada, Eze, etc. You can strap a bomb to your public region and mount a horse without a saddle if you dont like it. Tribal bigot! No wonder your people are always at loggerheads with the Yorubas on Nairaland!
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

STOP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF

Let this kiddies site teach you the spelling:
http://kidshealth.org/teen/expert/hygiene/shaving_query.html
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

It is alright! If he is Yoruba, I wonder why he derails this thread with rantings about Ikwerre and Igbo. Smh. Hot soup over another man's troubles.
Is startes from him username "omonnakoda" which translates to "Igbo man is bad". he is a tribalist and has been so for a very long time. You see people like him in threads that have Igbo connotations in them. he is very happy that ikwerres are denying that they have anything to do with the incorrigible Igbos and goes to the extent of helping Ikwerres tell their history.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=omonnakoda post=39203161][/quote]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pubic?s=t
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pubis

I have told you severally! Always make valid research before you spew rubbish about spellings.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

You may need to ignore him because [b]there is nothing you say here that will change his preconceived notion. [/b]he hasn't come here to learn but to argue endlessly.

Is there anything anyone will say that will change YOUR preconceived notions. I see you have not yet developed the faculty of self evaluation. You still believe you know more than you do
Nothing has changed
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Let this kiddies site teach you the spelling:
http://kidshealth.org/teen/expert/hygiene/shaving_query.html

fratermathy:

Urhobo is Edoid, Isoko is Urhoboid and Ikwerre is Igboid. Accept it or not, it wont CHANGE ANYTHING!!! Ikwerre has and will ALWAYS continue to be identified as Igboid. Nothing can change that, especially when you bear names like Odili, Amaechi, Nyesom, Chukwunonso, Diobi, Ada, Eze, etc. You can strap a bomb to your [size=28pt]public[/size] region and mount a horse without a saddle if you dont like it. Tribal bigot! No wonder your people are always at loggerheads with the Yorubas on Nairaland!

Just before you go back and change it

Scholar!!!
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Is there anything anyone will say that will change YOUR preconceived notions. I see you have not yet developed the faculty of self evaluation. You still believe you know more than you do
Nothing has changed
Atleast i have accepted that Ikwerre is not Igbo despite my own personal convictions because i believe people are who they say they are. You on the other hand are here arguing that Ikwerre is not Igbos or what exactly has been your argument here.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Nothing has changed

I'll just laugh at your bigotry from here on. I have wasted precious time trying to educate you but you have proven yourself to be incorrigible. In fact, you are so perfect that Kay Williamson would have stepped aside for you to lecture her on another people's history. If you love Ikwerres or Isokos so much, write a book about them and objectively state your claims. At best, write a journal article and send to renowned journals such as OxfordJournals and wait for acceptance letters.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Just before you go back and change it

Scholar!!!

I wont change anything. PUBIC region is correct. Take a dive down River Ethiope if you want to kill yourself over it. Ekwensu!

How can it be PUBLIC when it is covered. Nawao. No single sense of LOGIC de your head at all at all.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

Atleast i have accepted that Ikwerre is not Igbo despite my own personal convictions because i believe people are who they say they are. You on the other hand are here arguing that Ikwerre is not Igbos or what exactly has been your argument here.
Why are you taking sides. Am I not entitled to argue? Your problem is a spirit of hatred. Pray for God to relieve you.

Once again is argument unlawful or illegitimate? The issue here is your visceral hatred which beclouds your logic and sense of fairplay.

Tell me why I should not argue and what is your basis for concluding that I am not here to learn. If that is not bigotry I don't know what is
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Why are you taking sides. Am I not entitled to argue? Your problem is a spirit of hatred. Pray for God to relieve you.

Once again is argument unlawful or illegitimate? The issue here is your visceral hatred which beclouds your logic and sense of fairplay.

Tell me why I should not argue and what is your basis for concluding that I am not here to learn. If that is not bigotry I don't know what is

Some arguments are foolish, illogical, derisive, and plain stupid. Yours is an example.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Afam4eva(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

I've not seen you ever create a thread on your own Yoruba people but you obsess yourself over who is Igbo and who is not to massage your hatred for Igbos even when the truth stares you in the face, you still deny it. Ride on.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

I wont change anything. PUBIC region is correct. Take a dive down River Ethiope if you want to kill yourself over it. Ekwensu!

How can it be PUBLIC when it is covered. Nawao. No single sense of LOGIC de your head at all at all.
But you wrote PUBLIC na

Scholar!!

fratermathy:

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
But you wrote PUBLIC na

Scholar!!

Then it was obviously a mechanical error just like you have been juggling the syntax of English ever since. I haven't even brought that to limelight because we are arguing on Language and not on graphology.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

I've not seen you ever create a thread on your own Yoruba people but you obsess yourself over who is Igbo and who is not to massage your hatred for Igbos even when the truth stares you in the face, you still deny it. Ride on.
So you finally admit your hatred is about some anti Yoruba Ibo championship mission You hate and assume everyone must be like you a hater. No I do not hate Eboes but I am a friend of Ikwerres,PERSONALLY grin grin

And I know they do not like to be called Eboe so why does that make you bitter or project hatred.
As far as Yoruba are concerned. I champion exactly the same idea for any group that does not wish to identify with Yoruba whatever the links
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Then it was obviously a mechanical error just like you have been juggling the syntax of English ever since. I haven't even brought that to limelight because we are arguing on Language and not on graphology.
Go and play with your coevals empty barrel
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
But you wrote PUBLIC na

Scholar!!

If you actually had valid points to make, mechanical errors, which can be found in even the best of works, wont be your concern but since you have nothing useful to say, you look for what to focus on and derail the existing point. I know your type.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Go and play with your coevals empty barrel

Atleast, I was in the Vanguard of Yesterday, Tuesday 20th October 2015! My empty barrel is giving me all I need! What has yours done for you other than free MB to derail and troll threads?
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

This is a Yoruba thread ,perhaps you can contribute?

https://www.nairaland.com/2505161/ebo-riru-videos
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Atleast, I was in the Vanguard of Yesterday, Tuesday 20th October 2015! My empty barrel is giving me all I need! What has yours done for you other than free MB to derail and troll threads?
Everyone has all they need so stop talking foolishly
Did you buy garri for me yesterday?
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Everyone has all they need so stop talking foolishly
Did you buy garri for me yesterday?

Oh yes! Im sure an Ikwerre man is feeding you and has made you his personal concierge. That is why you are killing yourself over Igbotic affairs.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Mayany(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nice write up @ ops..proudly from Agbarho. I have grown to see the Isoko's as my brothers and sisters as a matter of fact will soon be proposing to my Isoko gf. One thing I know for sure is that history was written in the past to favour the writers clan. But I know for sure that UPU is the oldest socio-cultural body in Nigeria... Urhobo wadooo

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

Oh yes! Im sure an Ikwerre man is feeding you and has made you his personal concierge. That is why you are killing yourself over Igbotic affairs.
I do not need to provide my biography.It is clear you are losing the argument and now wish to throw another immature tantrum. I will not play that juvenile game.Learn to spell words correctly and to think clearly if you one day hope to join the ranks of "scholars" right now you are a charlatan
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
I do not need to provide my biography.It is clear you are losing the argument and now wish to throw another immature tantrum. I will not play that juvenile game.Learn to spell words correctly and to think clearly if you one day hope to join the ranks of "scholars" right now you are a charlatan

You are even afraid to unveil yourself because you know that you are a NOBODY!!!

If you are so scholarly as you claim to be! Engage me in a battle of works! If not, kpuchie ọnụ!

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by LKO(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
Cully408:
I neva knew i will find my brother here on nairaland. Air me ur mail, bbm pin nd whatsapp number

Nice reading from u. Where are u from?
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Jennystyle(f): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Proudly uvwie am from effurun where are my uvwie Brothers and sisters, where are my uhrobo Brothers and sisters,
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by omonnakoda: 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:

You are even afraid to unveil yourself because you know that you are a NOBODY!!!

Anyone who has carried out an original research and has written a dissertation/thesis or published atleast 2 books relevant to scholarship on a particular area is a scholar! By this definition, I am one. You can google my academic works online and even get a chance to win my latest book FOR FREE, Little Magazines and the Development of African Literature on Amazon!

If you are so scholarly as you claim to be! Engage me in a battle of works! If not, kpuchie ọnụ! Efulefu.
You talk like a tout so certainly you are a tout. Naturally I can tell you are Eboe that is why you would call anyone a nobody.Scholars do not rely on abuse they rely on superior arguments. You come here CLAIMING to be this and to have done that and inviting me to show you my prick so we may compare. That is an Eboe culture I will not indulge in. If you have a strong argument you should have no need for idiotic boasts
You are the one making claims not me. You are a liar you have lied several time here already
First you misspelt pubic as public and argued blindly like a bat before blaming it on your mechanic.
All your bogus claims are of no moment. A scholar who cannot spell SCHOLASTIC or PUBIC??
Crawl back into the slimy crevice you crept out of ,empty noisemaker!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top Igbo Gospel Band In Between 1980s And Early 90's / Oluwo Akanbi: Infect Me With Coronavirus & Leave The Rest Of The World Out Of It / I Am Accountable To Only One KING - Ooni Of Ife Speaks (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.