Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend (3206 Views)

10 Signs She's Really In Love With You, No7 Is Unbelievable / 10 Signs She's Really In Love With You / How To Safely Breakup With A Possessive/controlling Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
(7)..NO MANNERS...in the previous e.g,the"please was left out intentionally.your boyfriend will not be polite.he will not say "thank you","your welcome","please"or even "excuse me"to you it is bcause he is expecting you to comply with his request.He also feels as if you should be thanking him for allowing you do things for him...
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by oluymc(f): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Check out www.lifestylesheadline..com for inspiring post
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
(6).QUESTIONS,QUESTIONS;when you finally break through the chains,and find some free time for yourself be prepared,your controlling boyfriend will interogate you when you return putting himself in a father figure position will install more of a sense of control.treating you like a child that went to the mall,is the kind of humiliatiön in you he is trying to achieve....(5)..NO QUESTION,NO ANSWERS...UNLIKE THE AFOrementioned subject,your boyfriend will come and go as it pleases without answering to anyone especially to you.if you question his where about or activities,he will become defensive.the subject will immediately tranfer from your asking "where were you"? To his come back remark abt how you Nag him too much,or something similar to that effect.he will ignore answering the question,and make you feel guilty for asking it.this is in hope that you will not do it again
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
The Thread is irrelevant!!!

The mumu OP Is Silly!!!

Am Out!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by jornie(m): 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
#okbye

Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by jornie(m): 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
(4)HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT...in an argument with a controllin personality,it is very difficult for him to accept defeat.the controlling boyfriend will get defensive change the subject or bring up past occurence,when he was indeed correct in order to prove his point with the issue at hand.He may not always be right completely buthe is never wrong.....(3)...CAN'T BUY ME LOVE;Fools gold has been around fos centuries however,a fool and his gold have special meaning to the cöntrolling boyfriend,he buys you nice jewelry,take you to expensive restaurants and maybe offer to pay a debt of yours.he will it is because he loves you.NOT TRUE.he needs to feel superior to you.you now owe him.in his mind.who is the fool?to him you are (lol)
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
(2)YOU'RE WORTHLESS...Belittling your self-confidence can have a very serious consequences.making you feel as if you are worthless without him, the controlling boyfriend will prey on times that you may be stressed the must.if u have just lost a job or if u are experiencing normal hormonal reactions.this is the time he will strike .he wants you to feel as if life is not worth living without him.it's hard to believe,but his confidence level is actually lower than yours....(1)...NO MEANS NO...this is most upsetting trait that a controlling boyfriend can display if he forces you to do things your will.HE IS NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU..whether he is going for a football game when you hate out door sports even more harsh an act that makes you perform sexually against your will he is not in love with you.not showing you the courtesy to respect your wish is not a behaviour that goes away.this will continue where you wij be treated as an object instead of a person....so sisters try note to fall in to such hands
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Hannysmilez(f): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Even when you 'accidentally' fall for these kind of guys,i'm pretty sure there'z no glue on the ground. Get up and out the relationship,except u like it. Control,my foot.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hannysmilez:
Even when you 'accidentally' fall for these kind of guys,i'm pretty sure there'z no glue on the ground. Get up and out the relationship,except u like it. Control,my foot.
Women always think they are the only ones who fall as if they are doing men some great favor. We also fall for women and I don't see us complaining all the time. Are you a feminist?
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Hannysmilez(f): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
all4naija:

Women always think they are the only ones who fall as if they are doing men some great favor. We also fall for women and I don't see us complaining all the time. Are you a feminist?
umm...I don't know where you got this from,but i'm sure my post was directed at ladies who are in unhealthy relationships. I don't care who'z doing who a favour,if you're unhappy in your relationship,then leave.
I don't know your definition of feminism,so i can't answer the question.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hannysmilez:
umm...I don't know where you got this from,but i'm sure my post was directed at ladies who are in unhealthy relationships. I don't care who'z doing who a favour,if you're unhappy in your relationship,then leave.
I don't know your definition of feminism,so i can't answer the question.
Bwahaha... You make it look like a favor to men when you use the word fall to support the women view. Oh, please... I have fallen for ladies many times over only to get hurt but they don't stop me from looking forward to descent ones. You try to make the relationship looks like men are always wrong in an unhealthy relationship there.

It is just a question. I would like you to answer it for me, please. Thank you.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Hannysmilez(f): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
all4naija:

Bwahaha... You make it look like a favor to men when you use the word fall to support the women view. Oh, please... I have fallen for ladies many times over only to get hurt but they don't stop me from looking forward to descent ones. You try to make the relationship looks like men are always wrong in an unhealthy relationship there.

It is just a question. I would like you to answer it for me, please. Thank you.
It seems you intentionally are putting words into my mouth. ANYBODY can FALL in love and anybody can get hurt. I did not tell the OP to create a thread for women. My point is that 'Nobody deserves to be in an unhealthy relationship,wether as a man or woman.' Relationships are meant to be enjoyed by both parties.
I used the word 'fall' to support my point,not women. I'm not that shallow,everyone falls in love. Sorry on your badluck with women,i pray you find the perfect one soon.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hannysmilez:
It seems you intentionally are putting words into my mouth. ANYBODY can FALL in love and anybody can get hurt. I did not tell the OP to create a thread for women. My point is that 'Nobody deserves to be in an unhealthy relationship,wether as a man or woman.' Relationships are meant to be enjoyed by both parties.
I used the word 'fall' to support my point,not women. I'm not that shallow,everyone falls in love. Sorry on your badluck with women,i pray you find the perfect one soon.
I am not doing that, lady. You are supporting the view to benefit women not both genders. It is more like criticizing men for the unhealthy relationship. I agree with you good relationships are meant to be enjoy by both parties but not what your intention is when using the word 'fall' in your previous post before my prior reply.

I didn't have any bad luck in the relationship. It is not about bad luck but about understanding, love, caring, etc. Anybody can change in any relationship.

Your sympathy for me is not coming right from the center of your heart, lady. Even the tone of 'sorry' is questionable in your post. However, I am currently dating somebody who is compatible with me and I am happy.

Are you a feminist?

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Hannysmilez(f): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
all4naija:

I am not doing that, lady. You are supporting the view to benefit women not both genders. It is more like criticizing men for the unhealthy relationship. I agree with you good relationships are meant to be enjoy by both parties but not what your intention is when using the word 'fall' in your previous post before my prior reply.

I didn't have any bad luck in the relationship. It is not about bad luck but about understanding, love, caring, etc. Anybody can change in any relationship.

Your sympathy for me is not coming right from the center of your heart, lady. Even the tone of 'sorry' is questionable in your post. However, I am currently dating somebody who is compatible with me and I am happy.

Are you a feminist?
Heh. Why can't you get that it's the topic and what it contains that influences my comment. The OP made a thread about ladies and controlling boyfriends,hence,my comment needed to be based on that. Had the OP made a thread 'bout guys and controlling girlfriends,i would comment based on it. You dnt expect me to give a whole sermon all in the name of 'comment.' I used 'fall' as regards what the OP stated in her closing,about ladies not having to fall for the type of guys.
I'm not a feminist,you happy now?
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hannysmilez:
Heh. Why can't you get that it's the topic and what it contains that influences my comment. The OP made a thread about ladies and controlling boyfriends,hence,my comment needed to be based on that. Had the OP made a thread 'bout guys and controlling girlfriends,i would comment based on it. You dnt expect me to give a whole sermon all in the name of 'comment.' I used 'fall' as regards what the OP stated in her closing,about ladies not having to fall for the type of guys.
I'm not a feminist,you happy now?
Ah! Hehehe...Hahaha... Seriously, you are good with getting your way in an argument. Your intention naturally is to support girls and blame guys for the unhealthy relationship. That is clear.

I don't expect any sermon but to be sincere enough to state the truth of the matter rather than taking side. You did it very quickly and intelligently. Not until I see the 'fall' part of your statement I come to realize you are blaming guys for the problems.

Good. That automatically makes you gender-equality advocate. kiss kiss kiss
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Hannysmilez(f): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
all4naija:

Ah! Hehehe...Hahaha... Seriously, you are good with getting your way in an argument. Your intention naturally is to support girls and blame guys for the unhealthy relationship. That is clear.

I don't expect any sermon but to be sincere enough to state the truth of the matter rather than taking side. You did it very quickly and intelligently. Not until I see the 'fall' part of your statement I come to realize you are blaming guys for the problems.

Good. That automatically makes you gender-equality advocate. kiss kiss kiss

Okay. Let us call a truce,please. We can't keep deliberating on what my post really meant forever. It's really nice meeting you. I like tough people and you sure are one.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hannysmilez:
Okay. Let us call a truce,please. We can't keep deliberating on what my post really meant forever. It's really nice meeting you. I like tough people and you sure are one.
Okay. This is not about medal after all, lady. You are too. cool
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 7:25am On Oct 12, 2015
naijaboiy:
Can you just post every thing once and for all? undecided
well i finished yesterday is difficult typing very fast because am using a small phone ....sowi
Re: 10 Signs Of A Controlling Boyfriend by carlwinnie(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2015
rexkexmilan:
The Thread is irrelevant!!!

The mumu OP Is Silly!!!

Am Out!!!
why did you call me mumu and silly? When you dnt even kw me i dnt like it o u beta tell me sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know She Wants S€x (photos) / See How Kourtney Kardashian Exposes Some Butt In New Photo With Scott Disick / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Seen People Do To Themselves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.