Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

I Shall Return - Enyeama - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Shall Return - Enyeama (31483 Views)

Enyeama Snubbed Me, Rejected My Calls Over 10 Times - Rohr Opens Up / The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Shall Return - Enyeama by LieDetector(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
Former Super Eagles captain, Vincent Enyeama has been in the news following his rift with Coach Sunday Oliseh. Enyeama announced his resignation from the national team via the social platform. In this interview with Galaxy Television, the Akwa Ibom born goal tender is saying he wants to be part of the team to re-write the history of Nigeria football.
We have heard so much about your rift with Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh. tell us, what has been going on?
First, of all, I want to thank Nigerians. I appreciate the passion, the criticism, everything. I want to say a very big thank you.
On the issue on ground, I think this is not the best way to treat someone who has served the country with so much enthusiasm and so much passion, so much dedication, you know, commitment. I think I have honoured almost all the matches I have been invited to play for the Super Eagles.
So to be treated the way I was treated a couple of days ago, I personally don’t accept that.
What really happened in the camp between you and Oliseh? How were treated?
When I came to camp, I had no issues with my coach. The coach has been a big part of me. He is there for me. He fought for me when I had issues with the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF). The coach defended me all the way. I have never had an issue with him.
He (Oliseh) doesn’t know me. I don’t know him. We have never played together. We have never shared a football field, together.

The first thing that happened when I first arrived at the camp was a meeting. At the meeting, the coach addressed the players. The first thing he said was that he invited four goalkeepers to camp because he never expected me to come to the camp.
Secondly, he said that I was no more the captain of the team. That he had decided and he calls the shots. That was before dinner. He ended his speech with, “Enjoy your dinner”.
For me, it was a little bit shocking because I spoke with the NFF chairman (Amaju Pinnick) during the burial of my mother in Akwa Ibom. I was trying to excuse myself from coming to the camp because of the burial. He said, “No, Vincent, you have to be in camp”. He pushed me to be in camp. And because I really respect him (Pinnick), I told him I was going to leave everything, the thanksgiving service for my late mum. I told him, I was going to abandon it and come to the camp, which I did.
All the family meetings, everything we had to do with the people in the village, I abandoned all that and came to the camp.
So, for me to get my first welcome message of being stripped of captainship was a little bit not good for me. And after I had taken my food and ate, dinner had commenced. I am just telling you what played out.
I said, “Coach, please, I would like to say something.” He said, “No, you can’t talk”. I insisted that I wanted to talk. He insisted that I can’t talk. He then said that if I wanted to talk, he would order the team out and nobody would listen to me and I would sit there and talk alone or I would have to walk out if I insisted on talking.
I said, “Coach, I still want to say something.” And he said, “Vincent, get out! You have to leave now. If you don’t leave, I’m going to call the cops, the security to throw you out of this hotel.” He used the word, “security”.
He then got up, went to the door and opened it and commanded me to go out. He said, “Go out, go out, Vincent! Or I am going to call the security.”
So that is how it played out.
So, for me to lose my mother, be invited to the camp, only to be stripped of captainship. Then out of argument, to be threatened to have the cops or security called for me, to me, I think it is the height of it.
I have heard all sorts of things that Neymar this and that. They never treated Thiago Silva that way. They never treated Mascherano that way. Some Nigerians can say whatever they want to say, but for me, I feel that’s not the right way to be treated.
I am still open for playing for Nigeria till the day I die. Till the day I can stop playing

Source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/i-shall-return-enyeama/

Lalasticlala

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by kesprime(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
FTC for the first time...it's a blessed week indeed for everyone...amin // Oliseh is a horrible sombori oh... grin

23 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by LieDetector(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lalasticlala, this thread deserves front page nawww
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by searay(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
He tolded me

1 Like

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by sukkot: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
ok
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by mystockyear: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
ok
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by obajoey(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
oluwa seun
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
the way enyeama have gotten popular recently eh..even my sister that doesnt watch football now talk about him.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Mayor21(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
We hear u sir
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by lexyman(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pls return as a goal keeper trainer , u re too good to quit ur duty . We have somany cats (young keepers) looking forward to be like the super cat ....Enyeama we will miss u .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Khaytunechi: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Drama 'queens'.. You two should get a grip and move on already..
Clearly,, you both had your wrong calls in this whole ishh,, so there's no point trying to whip up sentiments or pulling out the 'I served my country for donkey years' card..
We're tired of the many stories.. Get yourselves into a room,, apologize to one another and move on already.. Enough with the interviews and instagram posts ehnn.. Thank you sirs..
P.S:: mr Vince,, learn to not make decisions while angry.. Your hasty 'retirement' was ill-thought-out and rash IMO.. you should handle things better naa..
And Mr Sunny Oliseh,, your own wan too much ooo.. You must not always have things your own way.. A true leader isn't one who says his way or the highway.. Next time,, put your feet in Vince's nikes,, I believe you wouldn't have reacted any lesser than he did.. So,, no vex your players oo else ya digging your grave lydat..
What do I know sef... #NuffSaid

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
grin
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
The guy playing a mind game. Reading the mood of sport fanatics

4 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Sunofgod(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
lllA (A Humble guy vs an Arrogant albino!)

2 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Glamour09(f): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by boolet: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
Don't try to. Your numerous controversies have become annoying. "Vincent get out" and you simply do so and talk later. You are simply a rebel who feels he's done what Napoleon never did.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
This issue is becoming tiresome...I still love me Enyeama tho...Oliseh be warned smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by GentleYoung(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by NaLaugh: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
cathodekazim:
Masturbating right now

The news is making me high
I love Alimat I lov oyin
I hv 7 gfriends 3 yorubas 3 hausa 1warri

No igbo

I lov raping igbo girls
They are as stupid as thr male

Ya

Dude, what potent brand of ganja are you smoking?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
cathodekazim:
Masturbating right now
The news is making me high
I love Alimat I lov oyin
I hv 7 gfriends 3 yorubas 3 hausa 1warri
No igbo

I lov raping igbo girls
They are as stupid as thr male

Ya
igbo gals dnt date lazy and dirty ass

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Coolcash1: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
Let's give peace a chance. Vincent just forget whatever Oliseh might have done and move on. Nigerians still need you.

3 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by AsherStorm(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
We are waiting

1 Like

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by McKren(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Oliseh is sick honestly

3 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by patreeq50(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
So na shakara d guy dey do b4......

For your Chemicals and glasswares call PathChem on 08108735872

1 Like

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by missKiffy(f): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
Waever
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by witorwitoutyou(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
Eja ka gboran pelu oro yi jare
Fyne..oliseh did d right thing in a wrong way;based on his explanation of nt wanting a retiring captain
BUT on d outside look,was enyeama sitted prior b4 he was made a captain,d ans is NO,asyde dt deir generation of 99 eagles up till dis moment,deir playing skill,co-ordination is poor,Just a major ttrophy to show 4 it.whether he returns or not,it makes little or no impact.dis eagle problem is beyond enyeama's absence
D Best eagles still remain 94' set

5 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by Godswillnwaoma(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
I can now blame oliseh after mikel told me everything that happend at the camp via phone call

22 Likes

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by jkendy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
After much of the talk talk, show show, form form,
Enyeama finally makes a return.
Mistake No1.........
Enyeama should have stood his ground of quiting in grand style, honour nd respect when the ovation is loudest.
Mistake No2...........
Enyeama refused to learn from the downfall of Stephen Keshi.
Amaju Pinnick isn't a fellow to be trusted by Enyeama.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by basshh002(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
so this is how it went, hmmm o ga ooo.
Re: I Shall Return - Enyeama by winner95(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
So why is Oliseh trying to deny that he sent him out of d camp.. Smh. lemme reserve my further comments till d final whistle of 2nyt's match!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh Survives Bomb Explosion In Dortmund / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Super Eagles Squad Ready For Tuesday's Friendly (photos) / Club World Cup: Fan Shot Dead In Brazil After Chelsea Beat Palmeiras

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.