Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

ShopRite Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ShopRite Nigeria (26099 Views)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Enugu Shoprite....my Dope Swagg Pictures There.. Me And My G's. / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ShopRite Nigeria by obong(m): 3:51am On Oct 29, 2005
Where is it located and is the store good? Have the South Africans done a good job?
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by omon(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2005
I hope Nigerians will move away from the culture of buying stuff in some rugged dirty open markets and move to more organised markets like malls, supermarkets etc.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by obong(m): 3:28am On Nov 03, 2005
they cant do it until we build these supermarkets. ultimately, i think those open markets are good if kept clean
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by omon(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2005
That is very correct, but i still cannot understand why those markets cannot be kept clean
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Pappy: 1:49am On Nov 17, 2005
that open market concept is outdated and outright bad. they should adopt a more updated, efficient and safe system. How can you keep something like that clean?
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 5:23am On Dec 31, 2005
IT CANt BE KEPT CLEAN IF THEY ARE USING NATURAL GROUNDS.its mud!!! so when da rain fall everything goes with it includin your whites!!  cry
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by alheri(f): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2006
SHOPRITE is on the lekki expressway. Its a nice place, theyve tried. Prices were really low when they opened but have gone up now.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2006
Yeah. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to launch with low prices. Are they trying to compete on the basis of price when they have an international brand that signals high quality? What is that?
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:55am On Jan 08, 2006
Can anyone who has visited or know anything about their product tell me ...

what are their products like? are they foreign/african/nigerian sourced or a combination cheesy
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by alheri(f): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2006
Its a combination. Nigerian, S.African and all. There's even a section for cooked food, though you cant eat in there. Its a really nice place and quite organised considering that they're just starting.

Seun:

Yeah. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to launch with low prices. Are they trying to compete on the basis of price when they have an international brand that signals high quality? What is that?

I wander too oh seun. You can imagine, I bought this bucket of ice-cream for like N795 the other day, only to get there some two weeks later and on getting to the counter it was like N1310. Imagine! My husband wanted to pay but I said LAI,LAI, and took it back . I decided to settle for our dear old fan milk Ice-cream grin
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2006
Maybe the cost of running a standby generator finally got to them! grin
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by mugo: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2006
Hi nice people, I work for a retail analysis company. I am trying to write an article on the opening of Shoprite Nigeria...could anyone send me any infor about this...
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by wolerex(m): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2006
what are their products like? are they foreign/african/nigerian sourced or a combination 

hi all, am new to this forum (quite interesting though). Shoprite is a South African Discount Chain that prides itself on stocking products at the most competitive rates possible. in order to achieve that they buy as many things as possible from nigerian sources and bring the rest in!

on the issue of low prices, they actually do weekly bonanzas and slash prices on selected items. for anyone around back in the day, its kind of like the old leventis and kingsway stores. hope this helps...

you can get more information by checking for information on The Palms, Lekki (that's the name of the mall)
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 6:08am On Jan 27, 2006
it is located at lekkii..ma b/f went dere da other day i loved it..itz a mallll..as i heard, da biggest mall in africa nowwwww tongue..can't wait 2 see it diz xmasss cry
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Justjyde(m): 4:53am On Feb 05, 2006
Yes I've seen the Sprawling Structure called ShopRite Nigeria. Impressive I must say.

My planned visit to the mall today failed 'because my companion preferred to watch NIGERIA vs. TUNISIA football match. Now, has anybody noticed any theft deterrent device(s) installed in this mall? This goes beyond the Shop-lifters activity but should include deterring the Staff members from involving in Unauthorised Removal of Cash or Goods from the premises.
Related: How Do Retailers Cope With Pilfering?

I've always had a dream like this one: A "SUPER-MALL". But until I visit there, I will not know if someone has been having same dream as me or if his/her dream is different. I believe the idea of having Nigerian Market Places like this is possible but it must be centrally managed by people who intend to do business and are untainted by the ever elusive Nigerian Factor.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2006
grin
To apply for Customer Service Assistant in ShopRite nigeria you need a DEGREE in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT/ADMIN min 2.1 preferably from a federal university
" ""      "      CASHIER OPERATOR  u need a B.A BANKING AND FINANCE preferrably from a foreign university

grin grin grin

on a serious note can students apply for jobs in nigeria at all? just working in a cafe requires diploma
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 7:48pm On Feb 06, 2006
why would i wanna work as a cashier with ma degree,,abeg, wat kind hype r they tryna do dere or they think sum1 dat read abroad will wanna come and do cashier...they r dreaming unless da pay is exeremelyyyyyyyyyyy huge tongue
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 1:06am On Feb 07, 2006
i was just joking oh

But i wonder who can get a job in nigeria nowadays without degree and connections....
i wonder what their recruitment ad will be like.Bring your international passport and driver's license with original Birth certificate  grin
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 5:33am On Feb 07, 2006
i believe with a degree abraod, u can get a job
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2006
Hotstepper:

i believe with a degree abraod, u can get a job

As a till operator shocked shocked shocked
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2006
hhahahah nevaa.........till wat? hell nooooooooo
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2006
Why would a company want to employ a graduate of finance to do what any secondary school leaver can do? perhaps they have too much money. Bah, they should stop rubbing it in our faces.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by micklplus(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2006
Shoprite is great and wonderful ! i have been there couple of times and i had fun ! Some things are very cheap and some other things not very cheap !

like in a shop there,a neck tie for =N=4,500 and a shirt for 12- 16 thousand ! you call that cheap !

There are lots of other beautiful shops in the mall where various things could be purchased ! and the the most important thing is that, quality things are available in there

The mall generally is a master piece. you' ve got eateries in there ,Games, boutiques ! Car shop ! wine shop ! perfumes of good quality ! e.t.c

The truth be say, the place fine well well

Cheers
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by tenik: 4:44am On Aug 05, 2006
hmmm the truth is that shop right is really nice for a naija scene but things are damm expensive,  maybe when we have more competitors we would get cheaper prices
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by walay: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2006
hmmm the truth is that shop right is really nice for a naija scene but things are damm expensive, maybe when we have more competitors we would get cheaper prices
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by tenik: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2006
walay:

hmmm the truth is that shop right is really nice for a naija scene but things are damm expensive, maybe when we have more competitors we would get cheaper prices
hmm u must enjoy coping while in skool, why do u have to retype wat i said, anyway its okay , smiley
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by Ollie39: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2007
tenik:

It is understandable when the average shop there costs 4.5 million a year in rent. This does not include service charge. I can't understand why it is the only one in Lagos or even the whole of Nigeria. What are the mega rich waiting for to build more of these so that prices can come down - and give we poor people a chance to rent shops there.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by mubaraqqq(f): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2007
I visited Shoprite while I was in Nigeria. And i have to tell that the shoprite is exactly like the one in America. I can tell that half of their budget is spent on security. when you go in there, you can tell security is everywhere in plain clothes. They don't raise their prices is the same.

By the way, it is owned by Lebanese people. The open market is not outdated It just needs to be cleaner and somebody needs to come up with more ideas on how to improve it.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2007
Ollie39:

It is understandable when the average shop there costs 4.5 million a year in rent. This does not include service charge. I can't understand why it is the only one in Lagos or even the whole of Nigeria. What are the mega rich waiting for to build more of these so that prices can come down - and give we poor people a chance to rent shops there.

1.did you read what you wrote?
2. Dont wait for a chane, grab it!!cut your coat according to your size, in time you will move up wink

everyone is responsible for himself!
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by jenny2007(f): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2007
when will there ever be a low-cost hypermarket in Nigeria like Asda and Tescos in the UK? I spend very little there but get more for my money in those shops. Shoprite should not make their products at least reachable to the even the averagely paid - 9 to 5 employee - in nigeria. sad
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by naira4doll(m): 7:24am On Jul 17, 2007
Though i Shop in super markets and malls, those open market are cheaper most times, and there, you can bargain.
Re: ShopRite Nigeria by nossycheek(f): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2007
naira4doll:

Though i Shop in super markets and malls, those open market are cheaper most times, and there, you can bargain.

Yes and flies infested too! Chief Bargainer. The truth be say, if the dough is really there, there won't be much stress about prices because, the differences are not much and compensates for the convenience and quality service you get.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Joins Instagram / Made-in-nigeria Cylinders Unveiled At World LPG Forum / Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.