Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo (38089 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by GillaJ: 8:15am On Oct 12, 2015
GEJ ws frustrated by saboteurs,Y is PMB case diifrnt..We all knw d truth.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Atlantian: 8:16am On Oct 12, 2015
Nebo, The right word to use is "Pro-APC Saboteurs or APC saboteurs"; The minions did everything possible to make Jonathan unpopular, but we know the truth. It took the certificateless illiterate 5 months to provide Amaechi and Co as Ministerial appointees. It might take 4 years before the Nomad of Daura can commission one single project. No single capital project has been executed since the slowpoke came into power. Even the Fiscal Regulatory Bodies are de-listing Nigeria because now we are operating a BlackMarket Economy.

Now traders are swallowing dollars just to go and import goods because they cant deposit dollars and make wire transfers.

Welcome to SAP and KAI Era mofos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by arafone(m): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2015
Well I am enjoying steady power supply here in Kaduna 24hrs...
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by modath(f): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2015
Intendy:

God bless you.
by the way what made the frustration of the President effort a success?
we all know the answer.

Amen & you too.

No matter how much they try, Nigeria will overcome all her problems.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Adaeze003(f): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2015
But ehm... where is the light sef? before we talk about who did what.

Mtcheew...
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by arsenal33: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2015
The financial mess Nigeria is in now is also as a result of GEJs policies and actions

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by advocates: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Barcholder:

Please, stop with the foolish propaganda, power supply is terrible right now, and has been since around the middle of September. We are now frequently going 24 hours without so much as a flash of light in the Lekki area, something which i've never seen during my 2 and a half years in Nigeria. I'm not affected by it because I am fully off-grid with Solar Power and have 24 hours light, but it remains a fact and I'm surrounded by homes that have had their generators on constantly over the weekend.

Stop with the propaganda and misinformation.

Regards

Uvie
Suddenly you are going 24hrs without light. I didn't quite heard you commending the government for the period of time that light was stable and almost remained 48hrs without so much as a blink. Now that report has it about the damage done to one of the power station resulting in drop of supply, you have pop from your hiding to display your penchant hatred for the government.

A quick reminder, this a four(4) months old government and so, there is no basis for condemnation. So far, 4months has given us something to cheer about beyond what we had in the last 6 years or so.

3 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by free2ryhme: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Jonathan has a layback attitude towards leadership
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2015
nigeria needs a lot more than 4000 megawatts.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by LastSurvivor: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2015
If body language can improve electricity it means physics n engineering lied..

One thing is certain, buhari is yet install not even a SINGLE transformed since may 29th. prove me wrong
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by repogirl(f): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Buhari's body language should bring my light sooooooo, all these years, we dey enjoy at least twenty hours light daily, now we dey see light for barely six hours.... Off..on..off...on...until dem go kuku off am till further notice.

Wetin come happen to the body odour na?

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Barcholder: 8:39am On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=advocates post=38900750] Suddenly you are going 24hrs without light. I didn't quite heard you commending the government for the period of time that light was stable and almost remained 48hrs without so much as a blink. Now that report has it about the damage done to one of the power station resulting in drop of supply, you have pop from your hiding to display your penchant hatred for the government.

A quick reminder, this a four(4) months old government and so, there is no basis for condemnation. So far, 4months has given us something to cheer about beyond what we had in the last 6 years or so.[/quote

I didn't commend anybody because, as a professional in the field of power, I know that the temporary improvement we saw had ZERO to do with the incoming government. Nigerians really are a strange bunch of people. So intelligent, and yet, so daft at the very same time. The single greatest infrastructural challenge we face as a nation is reduced to political pointscoring, its so very tragic, and does not bode well for the future of this great country.

I'm going to let you into a little secret. Nigeria will NEVER have 24 hours power from the Grid, but Nigerians WILL have 24 hours power within 7 years!!

Let's see if you are intelligent enough to interpret this statement.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by advocates: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2015
texazzpete:

Na only Baba God go save us from these unrepentant charlatans.

The past administration was earmarking N100bn from taxpayers money for amnesty payment for security, paying tens of billions in pipeline security contracts and paying millions of dollars to ex-militants to secure the waterways...yet they will still come and bleat about people busting pipelines and 'saboteurs'. are they mad?

Nobody cares if any coven of demons were out to 'sabotage' GEJ. GEJ collected our money to stop such things. If they are claiming these things were a significant factor, let them come and account for all the money paid out.

Nonsense
Never new we have intelligent lads like you whose comprehension has not been eroded with sycophancy. Nice input my friend. With this valid points you raised, I am hopeful we will continue to silence the army of evil men and women who have made the art of casting aspersion on the government effort there daily preoccupation.

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by nephemmy(m): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2015
I swear as I mean I swear if any1 ever talks about improved power supply again, I mean if any1 ever talks about improved power supply again...
Abeg make una no vex me oo
We go begin dey cause for here now sef
Be like say una don mad
Make una no dey post stupid thread for here oo..
Ehn ehn
Cos this not Linda Ekeji's blog..
Mtsheew undecided
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Barcholder: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2015
teeowl:
nigeria needs a lot more than 4000 megawatts.

My friend, it's utterly unbelievable how stupid Nigerians are. Nigeria needs 200,000MW, and sharpish, or we are in trouble. Here's a really troubling fact for you:

Heathrow Airport, London, has more power than the whole of Nigeria - It has 5,500MW of power.

Think on that for just a second, think of its connotations.

Now, here's a second fact for you: Lekki Free Trade Zone, where Dangote is building his refinery, has just commenced the process of public consultation on the proposed embedded power plant to power the entire complex. It requires 3,200MW to power it.

Now, think it through, if Lekki Free Trade Zone requires 3,200MW, what does the whole of Nigeria require?

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Ezyp(m): 8:46am On Oct 12, 2015
redsconsult:

.... The gas station are doing their best we keep hearing increase in generation of power but with no relative increase in supply.
Bro there is nothing like increase in generation with no relative increase in supply.. ELECTRICITY CAN'T BE STORED... As you generate you consume
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by gidjah(m): 8:46am On Oct 12, 2015
GEJ sabourtaged his own govt plsss.... He was damn too weak a leader

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Abagworo(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2015
Summary

1) GEJ was overwhelmed by a group of people who were anti-progress

2) Then enter Buhari and these group of people were overwhelmed by Buhari's body language.

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by advocates: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=Barcholder post=38901065][/quote] Now you are talking from both sides of your mouth. Who cares about your puzzle? What matters to me is the improvement I have witnessed in such a short time and not the gimmick you are pulling over. Listen to the V.P during one of the power stakeholders meetings, I am more than convince that the megawatt will not only be improved and sustained but also the transmission line will adequately be worked on with corruption out of the way.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Barcholder: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2015
advocates:
Now you are talking from both sides of your mouth. Who cares about your puzzle? What matters to me is the improvement I have witnessed in such a short time and not the gimmick you are pulling over. Listen to the V.P during one of the power stakeholders meetings, I am more than convince that the megawatt will not only be improved and sustained but also the transmission line will adequately be worked on with corruption out of the way.

The fact that you don't care about my "puzzle" entirely proves my point, there's no further need to have this discussion with you.

NEPA is going to go the same way as NITEL. I beg of you, please save down my words, and quote them back to me in exactly 5 years time.

Have a great day
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by viktor01(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2015
For heaven sake, even Buhari knows the truth so why are we even still saying it?
It's unfortunate that some zombies as FELA would called them have chosen to allow sentiments to cloud their senses of reasoning by attributing it to Buhari's body language.
Anyways, that is a thing of the past let's face the economy cause all is not well o.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by tiwiex(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2015
redsconsult:
The improvement in power sector was a mirage.. Am a staunch supporter of buhari but truth be told after 100days in service power supply have dropped immensely. The saboteurs have found another method to sabotage the power to enable end users to continue to buy more fuel to power household generators and also to purchase generators. Where they make huge revenue.

Until this government ban the generator importation and its use in public domain, we can not Ve stable power supply.
Until nebo and govt brings the saboteurs to justice cause it will be very wrong to tell us that they don't know them.

Nebo and his group collects kickback from this saboteurs. Nigeria present capacity can accommodate 10000 megawatts of electricity. The gas station are doing their best we keep hearing increase in generation of power but with no relative increase in supply.

I don't think banning ever works. They need to revisit the privatization arrangement. One disco per location is monopoly all over again. We should be able to switch discos like our phone network. That way, they would market and pit pressure to get bulk electricity. Just imagine if mtn had sole right to the west etc. There would be no incentive to perform. Same with this power disco. Create an atmosphere of choice and problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Jesusloveyou: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2015
kodded:
undecided
the last time my area saw light was on the 11th of september

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided
i don't know how to answer dis ur coconut head, and i don't really know, if i am d only one enjoying light since June, for d past 4days now, we are having light without a blick, if u can come to my zone and do survey,

3 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by redsconsult(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2015
tiwiex:

I don't think banning ever works. They need to revisit the privatization arrangement. One disco per location is monopoly all over again. We should be able to switch discos like our phone network. That way, they would market and pit pressure to get bulk electricity. Just imagine if mtn had sole right to the west etc. There would be no incentive to perform. Same with this power disco. Create an atmosphere of choice and problem solved.
should disco be involved at all what if all the disco are saboteurs in its real terms. The owners of all did discos are same people that sabotage the economy.
If all disco conspire and go on strike. Its doom for us

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Jesusloveyou: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Atlantian:
Nebo, The right word to use is "Pro-APC Saboteurs or APC saboteurs"; The minions did everything possible to make Jonathan unpopular, but we know the truth. It took the certificateless illiterate 5 months to provide Amaechi and Co as Ministerial appointees. It might take 4 years before the Nomad of Daura can commission one single project. No single capital project has been executed since the slowpoke came into power. Even the Fiscal Regulatory Bodies are de-listing Nigeria because now we are operating a BlackMarket Economy.

Now traders are swallowing dollars just to go and import goods because they cant deposit dollars and make wire transfers.

Welcome to SAP and KAI Era mofos.
ur mumu na first grade

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by chiefokonkwo(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Nebo, May your enemies take glory for your efforts

Gej was there for 6 years but he failed. Now you are claiming GEJ did wonders with your wide mouth

Don't worry,your file will be opened soon.
Dirty man

U are attracting curses to your self. What wrong did d man of god say to warrant u insulting him? Be careful, only a thin line exists between online and real life
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2015
Brytawon:
Former Power Minister Prof. Chinedu Nebo has attributed the nation’s improved power supply to efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He should also change the threshold for licensing from one megawatt to five megawatts because the former has no incentive for investors and I believe Nigeria will leapfrog from 4,000 megawatts to something more appreciable, if this is done.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-power-supply-improved-under-buhari-by-nebo/
So, why didn't Jonathan increase the threshold to 5MW?

Nigerians, you see the kind of deceitful goats that ruled you for 6 years?

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by agabaI23(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2015
modath:

Who were his friends who import Generators & also collect subsidy..

The less power supplied, the more fuel is being bought to power generators, which translates to more money for their bank accounts in the ongoing subsidy scam & generators bought...
His friends you say? And you think that someone who is benefiting from bursting pipeline would stop just because a new president is elected? If it is so, drug traffickers would avoid China, Malaysia etc because the the penalty is death by whatever means.

Criminals do not give up their source of income because of a real tiger and they will not do that abruptly because of a paper tiger.

Mody, how can explain the near collapse of power in the 6 weeks running up to the election? Do you think that people who benefit from a government will sabotage its re-election because of 6 weeks profit? No, they would have made sure there was light so that he would win and after they would have continued with their activities. Power became stable immediately after March 28. When was the last time you heard of pipeline vandals?

Fear God before you reply....

Hope baby is tapping the wine properly....

Nice day
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2015
Aromas:

Who be dis psychiatric patient .......... undecided

For speaking the truth? U are an unrepentant Zombie
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Dexema(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2015
kodded:
undecided
the last time my area saw light was on the 11th of september

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided
Go and settle ur bill, I'm sure phcn has removed their cables from ur hut.

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2015
We all know the truth.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by donchrisk(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Wait oo assurmin Jonathan or pdp was still in power what the will have done is to package the mega wats and sold it to company as blue line at the detriment of the mass. This what de have been doin. PDP is corruption magnified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami Promotes Tinubu In Kebbi Rally / 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali / Buhari Under Pressure To Reveal His Illness-- CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.