Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi (16806 Views)

What Buhari Told Me On Biafra Agitation – Gov Umahi / Sheriff & Kashamu's Followers Decamp From PDP To Mega Party Of Nigeria (Photos) / Oyinbo Man Rocks Igbo Regalia As Gov Umahi Hosts Paul Arkwright To A Banquet(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 7:02am On Oct 12, 2015
The Ebonyi State Governor, Chief Dave Umahi, at the weekend said that his administration and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state will not engage in “senseless and needless opposition” to the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government.

He disclosed this in his country home, Uburu, Ohaozara local government area when a team of the PDP in the state paid him a condolence visit.

Umahi said that since Ebonyi State has a lot of challenges, it would make no sense for it to embark on “senseless opposition against President Buhari.”

The state governor, however, said that supporting Buhari’s programmes did not in any way mean that he and other members of the PDP in the state would abandon their party. Reiterating his support for President Buhari’s anti-corruption programme, Umahi said he believed in the President’s honesty and commitment to bringing graft to the barest minimum level in the country.

The governor said, “A number of people who like to jump from one place to the other have been asking me and I said look, we are in PDP and we remain in PDP, but we are supporting the programmes of Mr President”.

“We like what he is doing in the fight against corruption. You can see honesty in his administration and his commitment to rebuilding Nigeria. I share certain virtues with him”.

“We, as a state, will continue to support him. To oppose him is to oppose the truth. But as we support him, we have to support our party, the PDP, so that together we can stand”.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/466585/its-senseless-needless-for-pdp-to-oppose-pmb-gov-umahi/

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by managermahmud: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2015
And that's how the wind of change shall continue to blow off PDP till it goes to extinction. Sooner or later, this Governor will decamp. Quote me anywhere
Our beloved president, May God keep you for Nigeria and Nigerians
Barcanista will not like this grin

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by ORACLE1975(m): 7:03am On Oct 12, 2015
Loi

2 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Pineapp: 7:05am On Oct 12, 2015
Cluelessness continues.

1 Like

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 12, 2015
APshiit is like a proverbial human butcher who hates to have a knife go behind his back.

Now hating opposition. They should know that PMB must not be everyone's Messiah

3 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 7:07am On Oct 12, 2015
It's interesting that he said all these, not when he was in audience with PMB but when he was discussing with his fellow PDP folks....It makes me believe he wasn't playing to the gallery here.

''[size=16pt]You can see honesty in his administration and his commitment to rebuilding Nigeria.[/size]''

I guess the governor realises the good of Nigeria is more important after all wink

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2015
obum88:
APshiit is like a proverbial human butcher who hates to have a knife go behind his back.

Now hating opposition. They should know that PMB must not be everyone's Messiah

I hope you realize Governor Umahi of Ebonyi state is PDP through and through?

What did you read in this particular report that pushed you to that conclusion you arrived at?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Stangeneral(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Nyc one mr Gov .bt u know dat for democracy to sustain dey must be an opposition to d government .u dnt expect all to say d truth as u did .just leave dem to cntinue dwelling in darkness

1 Like

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by 48noble(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2015
U r 5% manage it well

2 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by MRLINGTON(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2015
i have worked nd its my time ti chop...Umahi my nigga...i c u jhare

u knw whats up

4 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by disloman(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Oga governor!I'm not hailing you cos of not hearing what I want to hear but for you to support war against corruption.This is one of the best comment I've ever heard from PDP governors.

18 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Aromas: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2015
My question is if Ebonyi no get challenges n'ko Abi Baba never pay ur bail-out grin
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by kodded(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2015
undecided

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by stanech: 7:25am On Oct 12, 2015
This is how to play opposition and not the bring them down opposition played by apc.

But me I still maitain that buhari don't have any plaN for Nigeria. He's failure will amaze the apc.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Jaideyone(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Buhari is a different breed from the leaders we've had in the last 16yrs

only the irredeemable tanoids are still living in denial

change is here

23 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2015
He has no choice, with his bitter neighbor about to be named Minister, only a fool will not take cover!

8 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by jmichlins(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2015
When people with senses are talking, you don't need to be told.

5 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Aufbauh(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2015
"The superior man thinks only of virtue; the common man thinks only of comfort" - Confucius
"The gentleman understands righteousness, the petty man understands interest"-Confucius

Gov Umahi emboldened a virtuous man who is not swaved by partisanship to deny realities. He's a classical personality of a credible opposition, not in the class of Metuh & Co.
If we can have 4-5 people like Gov Umahi in PDP then we can dream of having an alternative opposition party but if it's the kind of Fayose, Wike and Co then RIP PDP

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
He has no choice, with his bitter neighbor about to be named Minister, only a fool will not take cover!

abeg my sister, who is the bitter neighbor you're talking about?
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
My girlfriend says she does not love me anymore so i want to kill myself....
Pls should i do it?

3 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
theV0ice:

abeg my sister, who is the bitter neighbor you're talking about?

Ogbonnaya Onu Of course! They share the same Fence In their Village cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by gwales: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2015
Correct governor unlike the senseless fayose

1 Like

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ogbonnaya Onu Of course! They share the same Fence In their Village cheesy

Really?? shocked shocked

Anyway, Ogbonnaya Onu is a gentleman.....i'm sure we won't be getting brickbats from that area wink

1 Like

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by modath(f): 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
David Umahi is an efulefu.. cheesy

Signed on behalf of the wailers..

5 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by otil1: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2015
Height of stupidity. Instead of facing his state, Umeahi resorts to courting Buhari. Tufiakwa!

Let someone tell him that such move will not increase his akara allocation or attract federal projects.

The ewu, should instead, tap of the rich mineral resources of Ebonyi -stones, salt, limestone, lead and tin as well as a thriving rice and agricultural belt to revolutionalise his state and by so doing, stand firm and face the centre. Isn't that what Lagos did? Ewu follow follow
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by MosquitoLaps(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2015
I wonder how some human beings think.
In a flailing democracy, you encourage the stifling of the opposition?
Too much Egusi in the brain.

Nairalanders, show a brother some love on his birthday by liking this post for no reason.

1 Like

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by modath(f): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2015
theV0ice:

Really?? shocked shocked

Anyway, Ogbonnaya Onu is a gentleman.....i'm sure we won't be getting brickbats from that area wink

They wouldn't dare!!!
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 12, 2015
Fact!!!
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
theV0ice:

Really?? shocked shocked

Yea! That's if he chooses to forgive! In 2011, Dave Umahi led his thugs and miscreants to burn down, onu's only house in the village, beat up the family members. A day after, the whole village in solidarity with Onu, went o
on a revenge, and destroyed all the traceable properties of DAVE Ummahi. It's naturally that Onu followers may not forget in a hurry!

4 Likes

Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 8:35am On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Yea! That's if he chooses to forgive! In 2011, Dave Umahi led his thugs and miscreants to burn down, onu's only house in the village, beat up the family members. A day after, the whole village in solidarity with Onu, went o
on a revenge, and destroyed all the traceable properties of DAVE Ummahi. It's naturally that Onu followers may not forget in a hurry!

in that case, i hope they forget the past for the good of the state and the country
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by theV0ice: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2015
modath:

They wouldn't dare!!!

i pray
Re: It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi by bonechamberlain(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2015
nonsense,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: INEC Favouring APC, PDP Alleges. / Soldiers Intercept Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno, Kill 2 Terrorists (Pics) / 1989 Recession Was Worse, But Nigeria Survived – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.