Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, (28058 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Ben Murray-bruce Mocks NCC On Data Hike In His Latest Tweet - See Reactions / Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2015
[b]The recent comments by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Mr. President, Mr. Femi Adesina, on Buhari not going to be appointed minister of petroleum and also, age not being a yardstick for measuring performance in governance on the side of the ministerial nominees has sparked off criticisms from Nigerians who have not taken such statements like a pat on the shoulders.

Femi Adesina had said, while fielding questions on Channels that, “These people who have been nominated are qualified and are Nigerians. Talking of age, there is a saying that “age does not matter. It does not mind, if you don’t mind it.” I don’t think that age is an issue.

And talking of age, you should rather talk about mental and chronological age. If you have a chronological age of 30, which makes you a youth, and mental age is not at par, what do we gain? Nothing.”

“And you may have a chronological age of 68, which is the age of the oldest of the nominees, if that nominee now has a mental age of 15 or 20, what do we gain? We must rather talk of the mental age rather than the chronological age. It is not the chronological age that matters as long as that person has what he is bringing to the table.” He said. Here are tweets on how Nigerians responded to his statements below:[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nigerians-blast-femi-adesina-on-his-comment-about-buhari-ministers/

Cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by benedictnsi(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2015
I think he is right...... One of the professors that taught me in school was not Less than 85-90 years yet.... He stands for hours, can draw world map and label very well.... Still teaches on Many schools even outside Nigeria...... Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu

It's not about the size of the container, it is about the content of the container

81 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by bluaero(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2015
Femi, i sincerely hope your relentless efforts to "package" this Buhari of a guy is not in vain undecided. God bless your hustle..

sharply5:

There is nothing to package about Buhari...He's already a PACKAGE.Get that into your coconut

A PACKAGE that grounded the economy for 5 months only to announce questionable characters as ministers undecided...and still has halfway to go .

One that announces himself as minister while overseas and comes back to the country to say he is only "supervising the ministry".

A retired general that has so far made no head way with Boko Haram (we all know how we attacked the former president for this).

One that only talks about how he will probe this and that but nothing to show for it. Meanwhile youths are losing their jobs everyday and jobless zombies like you have no hope of getting one.

One that was president of your grandfather and is now your president and yet you are there deceiving yourself that you are the leader of tomorrow.

I usually dont get into political arguments as i think ALL politicians are the same, but you my friend are a senseless political zombie so blind and gullible and will continue to be a menstrual rag for politicians.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:49am On Oct 12, 2015
This age nonsense just have to stop. Nigerians are not clamouring for age-showing competition but for positive change in our ministry. What matters most is experience and wisdom which comes with old age.

These Nominees are not going into the ministry to lift bag of cements. They are not going their to lift drum of oil with bare hands. They are going their for administrative task which has more to do with EXPERIENCE AND WISDOM which comes with the age. The constitution does give them support so what are the wailers crying for?

Who are the youths that would take ther places? Politics start from our home. Who choses a 20 years old boy to be the head of the family? Have there been any record like 30 years old guy been the head of the Family (Olori Ebi)? The answer is no because leadership has more to with experience and lot of wisdom. And to the family lines, tradition supports the old ones just like constitution is not against them here too.

And who are these Youth we are talking about here? Political Goverment of the Youth starts right in the tertiary institution. The SUG are compromised. Reports had it that a SUG president ran to a foreign country with the Union money. Just of recent, the SUG honors a Drug Lord who have a case round his neck with an award. Is this the same Youth we want to give ministerial post which wont compromise in the future?

Buhari has chosen his team. These are the people he believe can do the the job he desires and has employed them. We need to give the President space of doubt and see if his men would perform excellently. Afterall he will have the blame and tongue-lashes if they eventually fail. I think Buhari has seen the perfomance in them and with support from every Nigerians, they will sure deliver.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Mogidi: 11:49am On Oct 12, 2015
And talking of age, you should rather talk about mental and chronological age. If you have a chronological age of 30, which makes you a youth, and mental age is not at par, what do we gain? Nothing.”

Femi is more Bubu than Bubu himself, what a load of rubbish.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by tayebest(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2015
They wail so tey about PMB's age but still he becomes president...

So am nt surprise if they wail till eternity

6 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by kingdompropty: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Femi have taken one of the toughest jobs around. He better talk less and more constructively.

Buhari has no justifiable reason to shut out the same youth that voted change, just to pay back robbers that bank rolled him with our common wealth.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2015
What else do you expect from him? He talks like his master.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2015
Leave my husband alone and read my signature
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Bonapart(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2015
Hoe-kay
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by damton(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
ok.Well said, Nigeria must move forward.
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by yomzzy(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Alright
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by sandrajazmin(f): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Who is dcivn who?
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by x5jakuzzy(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
just passing by...... :Pjust passing by......
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Rawani: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
The SA is simply saying performance should be the metric for evaluating ministers, and not idle criteria.

Mogidi:

Femi is more Bubu than Bubu himself, what a load of rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by onismate: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
Abati is no longer there. Na femi Adesina dey hot sit and he's recieving the sh*t. I wonder why Garba shehu has been silent. He's not that active or maybe he's avoiding Nigerian insults.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by ijustdey: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
Femi and controversy

he shouldn't have used such analogy

because the argument will definitely sit on the fence
where
1. some people believed that as you old.... the senses organs functions will diminish

and

2. some believed that the older you are.... the more experience you become

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by mikeljims(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2015
I refuse to comment!!
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by onyepapa(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2015
I tot there's an abooki on this job too? Why is he not talking?

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by lankieman: 11:56am On Oct 12, 2015
Leaders of tomorrow does not exist in Nigeria's dictionary I guess.
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by solid3(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2015
As a media adviser he is supposed to look for the right even in the wrong doing of his boss and present it in a way that looks appealing to the people.

Do u expect him to say actually, I have been looking at the age of those nominees and I can see they are old cargos that are not fit to become ministers. Abi.

When u those criticizing him get to his post, they shld do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by ishiamu(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2015
benedictnsi:
I think he is right...... One of the professors that taught me in school was not Less than 85-90 years yet.... He stands for hours, can draw world map and label very well.... Still teaches on Many schools even outside Nigeria...... Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu

It's not about the size of the container, it is about the content of the container

Dude your comment stinks, so because your prof stand for hours means we should be going with old men always? Why do we go to school if the youths can't replace the old ones huh... so the saying we are leaders of tomorrow is dead?? your type of thinking makes me pity your unborn kids cos they might not have a chance in this country where the old doesn't leave power and young ones gets less opportunity... this ya type of statement is only gotten from and apc fanatical

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by orobs93(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2015
Just work
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Seekeroftruth: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2015
bookd
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by ZYZZA: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2015
Old solider is back and want to dictate
Wo ha want to dictate

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Guyman02: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Obama looking out for Russian jets bombing his 'moderate terrorists' in Syria and seeing only Putin.

This middle finger from Putin also goes to Femi Adeshina for double speak

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by Ndkings1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by bugzbunny: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
kingdompropty:
Femi have taken one of the toughest jobs around. He better talk less and more constructively.

Buhari has no justifiable reason to shut out the same youth that voted change, just to pay back robbers that bank rolled him with our common wealth.
U spoke my mind
Re: Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, by hob(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We like femi adesina nonetheless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AK-47 For Herders: Bala Mohammed Says He Was Misunderstood / CPS To Governor Sanwoolu Stops Car Owner Taking One Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Nigeria election: Could the PDP lose power? - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.