Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (11446 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by DONSMITH123(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Natives of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja have decried the non-inclusion of their representatives as ministerial nominees, saying despite President Muhammadu Buhari’s promise that he belongs to no one but everybody, natives of the FCT have been relegated in the list forwarded to the Senate.

A statement issued by the President, Original Inhabitants Development Association of Abuja (OIDA), Pastor Danladi Jeji, the inhabitants decried the continuous marginalization of FCT natives in key government positions within the Federal Government which doubles as their own state government as reflected in Section 299 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

The natives are asking President Buhari to “appoint competent natives of Abuja as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory and political aides so that the government will not have a crisis of confidence between it and Abuja original inhabitants.”

The pan-FCT group are also asking President Buhari to “relinquish his powers as Governor of FCT and the National Assembly to also relinquish its powers as the House of Assembly for the FCT to the original inhabitants and residents of the Territory so that they can freely elect those to govern them directly rather than the indirect rule presently obtainable in the FCT.”

OIDA also called for a “total audit of land allocations by the Abuja Geographic and Information System, AGIS to ascertain those behind massive fraud allocation of lands through programs like mass housing, Landswap and Centenary city projects.”

According to OIDA, As Nigerians await the remaining list from President Buhari, the FCT natives are hopeful that they will have a representative in the federal cabinet even as they pledged their continuous support to the new federal government.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/12/abuja-natives-decry-omission-from-ministerial-list/

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by chocolateme(f): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by xender(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
abeh ..make them rest..

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by ammyluv2002(f): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
Seriously, i think the FCT minister should be given, to them at least.

20 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by CreampieAngela(f): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
xender:
abeh ..make them rest..
so they shouldnt have their say because they are a minority tribe, right ? Does Nigeria belong to the Hausa, ibo and Yoruba alone ?

21 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by deadZONE: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Go tell police

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by CreampieAngela(f): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by xender(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
CreampieAngela:
so they shouldnt have their say because they are a minority tribe, right ? Does Nigeria belong to the Hausa, ibo and Yoruba alone ?
2me there are bera finz 2 talk abt naw ..no b dis 1
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by Ushafaiza(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sincerely, in this era of change we deserve fair treatment from this govt, overtime previous governments have ignored our agitation for a representation of FCT (indigenes) in Federal Executive council, hence the Constitution has made a provision that FCT should be treated like a state. e.g FCT has a commissioner in Fed. Character Comm., RMFAC, and other statutory bodies. consequently we are appealing to the President to consider us for Minister of the Federal Republic, it doesn't necessarily has to be FCT Minister , hence it is his prerogative to assign whichever ministry he so wish to any nominee. Proudly Gbagyiza

14 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
DONSMITH123:

The pan-FCT group are also asking President Buhari to “relinquish his powers as Governor of FCT and the National Assembly to also relinquish its powers as the House of Assembly for the FCT to the original inhabitants and residents of the Territory so that they can freely elect those to govern them directly rather than the indirect rule presently obtainable in the FCT.”

I think they really deserve it.

Buhari should please listen to their cry.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
xender:
2me there are bera finz 2 talk abt naw ..no b dis 1

like what sir?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
xender:
abeh ..make them rest..

guy, they deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by SmithEnemona(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Government is really cheating them. They should listen to their cry at least.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by SmithEnemona(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
lalasticlala help do the needful. Buhari government need to listen to my Gbagyi people in FCT
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by Yujin(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
In the North the Gbagyis are among the largest minority tribes. The own more than 85% of Abuja. They can be found in Kaduna, Niger and Nassarawa states. Its unfortunate that they where balkanized into many states and have been effectively rendered powerless. I really pity them. Its easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for them to be granted the request contained in this thread. Its a matter of time before they would be marked out for extermination. You can save this comment of mine for reference purpose in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
NICE ONE. Our government should please help them. They deserve more than minister.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
deadZONE:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Go tell police

that?
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
Yujin:
In the North the Gbagyis are among the largest minority tribes. The own more than 85% of Abuja. They can be found in Kaduna, Niger and Nassarawa states. Its unfortunate that they where balkanized into many states and have been effectively rendered powerless. I really pity them. Its easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for them to be granted the request contained in this thread. Its a matter of time before they would be marked out for extermination. You can save this comment of mine for reference purpose in the future.

God bless you my brother

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ushafaiza:
Sincerely, in this era of change we deserve fair treatment from this govt, overtime previous governments have ignored our agitation for a representation of FCT (indigenes) in Federal Executive council, hence the Constitution has made a provision that FCT should be treated like a state. e.g FCT has a commissioner in Fed. Character Comm., RMFAC, and other statutory bodies. consequently we are appealing to the President to consider us for Minister of the Federal Republic, it doesn't necessarily has to be FCT Minister , hence it is his prerogative to assign whichever ministry he so wish to any nominee. Proudly Gbagyiza

FCT indegene should be made FCT Minister. Instead of using somebody from another state. That will balance the equation.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by jmoore(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Are they among the wailers too?
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by DONSMITH123(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ushafaiza:

Your cry will be heard one day my brother. I wish Buhari government will do something about this. I really felt for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by SmithEnemona(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
jmoore:

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
jmoore:

No! They are in your village. mtchew
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by jmoore(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:

thank you dear
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2015

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by SmithEnemona(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2015

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by ammyluv2002(f): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
CreampieAngela:
Thank you
OnankpaBa:

thank you dear
You're welcome grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by SmithEnemona(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2015

Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by OnankpaBa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
You're welcome grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List by DONSMITH123(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
@Onankpaba, when you don become Gbagyi man na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Stop Your Obsession With Senate Presidency" - PDP Tells Oshiomhole / NASS Begins Correction Of Electoral Bill Rejected By Buhari / We Are Investing $1bn On Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Two Others – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.