Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,812 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. (82322 Views)

BBNaija: Angel Opens Up On Behind Scene Activities / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video / TITANIC: More Facts, Rare Images And Behind The Scene. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ogbong: 2:56am On Oct 15, 2015
Explorers:
7. It took prop maker Gavin Jones a whooping two months to construct the humongous iron throne seen in "Game of thrones". It measures 8ft tall and its built out of a wooden frame and hundreds of heated swords
That's enough time to chun out about 10 movies in Nigeria by our film producers than waste two months on common iron throne. That's why the difference will always be clear.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by bayulala94(m): 3:45am On Oct 15, 2015
I miss Kahl Drogho....he was and still is my best feature. Kept waiting for him to be brot back.GOT...dats y I feel Jon Snow wont come back too
Kahl drogho is my favourite among all, his death is pain in the ass can't stop hoping He is coming back

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Bollinger(m): 4:20am On Oct 15, 2015
Explorers:
17. This is what Margaery Tyrell's grandmother, The Queen of Thorns, looked like in the '60s.

She was also a James Bond chick. Amazing.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Bollinger(m): 4:21am On Oct 15, 2015
Funjosh:
You want to make me watch the movie embarassed

It's a series.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Bollinger(m): 4:26am On Oct 15, 2015
uzolexis:

This is sooo sad cry cry

Whites think everything is cute. You'll never see a black man going to watch lions talk less of winding down windows to get a better look at them.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by tayour917i(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
What killed watching the movie for me was that I read the book a while ago even before the series started coming out. After watching the first one I was kind of disappointed about the movie because most of the scenes didn't play out as the book did, I've not finished the book either because as at the time I read it the author wasn't done writing the book I'm not sure he has finished writing it till date any ways but I think anybody that reads novels well should read the books I have the soft copies anyone interested in them can contact me on whatsapp with 08030809934 I can send all the first four or five books but only if you'll read it because they really are interesting. Sorry I just found out that I can't send the books to whatsapp so better you just send me your email addresses on whatsapp then I will mail them to you. Sorry

Please help with the book. tayour917@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by deskossy(m): 5:37am On Oct 15, 2015
Top series. .i was a hater of a film with a medievel plots till i saw GOT

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by adjoviomole(m): 5:37am On Oct 15, 2015
Mickey7:
jon snow wakes up panting,it was all a nightmare

He shld beta wAke up o. If he does Nt dey will loose lots of fans.

I just love creative ppl, dis film n legend of the seeker are one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by adjoviomole(m): 5:42am On Oct 15, 2015
ifeanyipaschal9:

Serously I was amased when I heard that's the same question obama asked the producer the film(if john really dead) I watch a red capet event last month they interviewed john he said his coming back he said his 28 yrs now that he will be though with game of throne at 30. That was his exact words. So cheer up bro!

Dis suspence is killing, n bsides ghost usually knows if somthn wants to happen to him, but it. Was no wer to b found. Stark family don suffer too much na. Shey na only dem waka come ni

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by adjoviomole(m): 5:47am On Oct 15, 2015
LieDetector:
Lmaooooo grin

Bros na true na. D story line of dis movie n legend of the seeker is just too much smiley.

NAija movie industry still got a very long long way to go. I am a very creative person too n d industry shld watch out for me wink
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by geloorrrrdd(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2015
ifeanyipaschal9:

Is out now! I hve seen the last series john snow is dead, killed by his night watch brothers.

But when he was interviewed last month during a red capet event he said his coming back, he said they hav handed him 2yrs contract for gaame of throne so his coming back

oga he was killed in Season 5 Episode 10. S6 isn't officially released
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 15, 2015
Explorers:
21. Extreme VFX: The magic behind the dragon.
shocked shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by DEIFIED(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2015
This is simply amazinh, thats why theit movings are addictive, unlike our nollywood here.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by TweetMajor(m): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2015
emperio212:
do you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi ;Ddo you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi
its been a while since i read the book so i cant quite remember the names correctly, but you know there was an heir to the throne, a targayren that was supposed to be killed during the rebellion but the enuch Varys and the the fish monger planned and sneaked him out of westeros. So he is the cousin to Khalaesi, he was mentioned in the last book and is currently on a ship bound to meet his cousin to talk about riding a dragon and persuade her to help him claim the throne. so are you sure youve read all books that made you raise such a claim
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Osezzua(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2015
really
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by lampardizik(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2015
jewelbaby55:
please guy tell me. Are you sure? Because I hope it is

These are just speculations on what the guy thinks will happen,he must have gotten them from the easter eggs the show have been teasing,if indeed there has been as been any,they might or might not be true,but we will find out soon enough!winksmiley
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by buiquiey(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Mekzmoney:
solomoneokoli@gmail.com.... Pls send d soft copy. Tnx.
Bro please can I have the softcopy too.... Rodoschem007@yahoo.com... Tnx in anticipation...
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by duduade: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2015
winetapper:
grin and we would be crushing on her like Dragon bender grin
green mop bender
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2015
TweetMajor:

its been a while since i read the book so i cant quite remember the names correctly, but you know there was an heir to the throne, a targayren that was supposed to be killed during the rebellion but the enuch Varys and the the fish monger planned and sneaked him out of westeros. So he is the cousin to Khalaesi, he was mentioned in the last book and is currently on a ship bound to meet his cousin to talk about riding a dragon and persuade her to help him claim the throne. so are you sure youve read all books that made you raise such a claim
That cousin is aegon I think. But there is a suspicion he is not a real tygarean. He is most likely a blackfire. Go and read about the blackfires
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
What killed watching the movie for me was that I read the book a while ago even before the series started coming out. After watching the first one I was kind of disappointed about the movie because most of the scenes didn't play out as the book did, I've not finished the book either because as at the time I read it the author wasn't done writing the book I'm not sure he has finished writing it till date any ways but I think anybody that reads novels well should read the books I have the soft copies anyone interested in them can contact me on whatsapp with 08030809934 I can send all the first four or five books but only if you'll read it because they really are interesting. Sorry I just found out that I can't send the books to whatsapp so better you just send me your email addresses on whatsapp then I will mail them to you. Sorry
henry04297@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Sirlanister(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2015
I DERIVED MY NAIRALAND NAME "SIRLANISTER" FROM THE game of throne.

Still in season 2. Am enjoying the movie though.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2015
lampardizik:

These are just speculations on what the guy thinks will happen,he must have gotten them from the easter eggs the show have been teasing,if indeed there has been as been any,they might or might not be true,but we will find out soon enough!winksmiley
One of the reason game of thrones is so big is its unpredictability. So before a new season, there is always fan speculation. But there are a lot of reasons I can give you why Jon snow would not be staying dead. This isn't Ned stark or rob. This guy is central to the whole story. One of the biggest controversies in the whole movie is his parentage I do not think the producers will kill him off without at least clearing us in that first. But what do I know? I might be wrong. I once thought rob stark would meet up with khaleesi and marry her and they would rule the entire kingdoms. Look how that turned out. Anyway, one of my biggest reasons I believe Jon would be coming back is a sentence in the night's watch vow. 'now my watch begins and it will not end till my death'. Jon's place is no longer at the wall. He needs to get into westerous and avenge his family against the Boltons and lannister but that can't happen if he still keeps his vow. For that vow to end, he has to die. One major boost is my theory is the fact that he was spotted filming season six( posted the picture earlier) but he wasn't in his nights watch black but in a stark attire. But again, I might me wrong woefully. This is what makes GOT the best show ever made and all those comparing it with crap like Spartacus very silly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Dgunnerz(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2015
LieDetector:
how, when and why did he snub Anichebe? shocked
Victor wanted a picture but the guy rejected.. .
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by TweetMajor(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2015
This drafted reference took place in a ship where Tyrion met with Prince Aegon, this was before he (Tyrion) met Daenerys, he and the prince were playing a board game. This part in the book was completely exempted from the series (dont know why).
“Aye.” Tyrion moved his elephants. “And when the pisswater prince was safely dead, the
eunuch smuggled you across the narrow sea to his fat friend the cheesemonger, who hid you on a
poleboat and found an exile lord willing to call himself your father. It does make for a splendid story, and
the singers will make much of your escape once you take the Iron Throne … assuming that our fair
Daenerys takes you for her consort.”
“She will. She must.”
“Must?” Tyrion made a tsking sound. “That is not a word queens like to hear. You are her
perfect prince, agreed, bright and bold and comely as any maid could wish. Daenerys Targaryen is no
maid, however. She is the widow of a Dothraki khal, a mother of dragons and sacker of cities, Aegon the
Conqueror with teats. She may not prove as willing as you wish.” (Book 5:A Dance With Dragons pp255)
“But,” Prince Aegon said, “without Daenerys and her dragons, how could we hope to win?”
“You do not need to win,” Tyrion told him. “All you need to do is raise your banners, rally your
supporters, and hold, until Daenerys arrives to join her strength to yours.”
“You said she might not have me.”
“Perhaps I overstated. She may take pity on you when you come begging for her hand.” The
dwarf shrugged. “Do you want to wager your throne upon a woman’s whim? Go to Westeros, though …
ah, then you are a rebel, not a beggar. Bold, reckless, a true scion of House Targaryen, walking in the
footsteps of Aegon the Conqueror. A dragon.(pp 256)
“I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar’s murdered son is still
alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that
he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen,
hard-pressed on every side … and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You
are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer. The girl
who drowned the slaver cities in blood rather than leave strangers to their chains can scarcely abandon
her own brother’s son in his hour of peril. And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first
time, you will meet as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love
you then, I ask you?” Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. “I hope Your Grace will
pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four.”(pp257)

this is to debunk the claim that there are only 3 Targayrien in the series, Varys is also a Targayrien you know
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Abbycite(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

One of the reason game of thrones is so big is its unpredictability. So before a new season, there is always fan speculation. But there are a lot of reasons I can give you why Jon snow would not be staying dead. This isn't Ned stark or rob. This guy is central to the whole story. One of the biggest controversies in the whole movie is his parentage I do not think the producers will kill him off without at least clearing us in that first. But what do I know? I might be wrong. I once thought rob stark would meet up with khaleesi and marry her and they would rule the entire kingdoms. Look how that turned out. Anyway, one of my biggest reasons I believe Jon would be coming back is a sentence in the night's watch vow. 'now my watch begins and it will not end till my death'. Jon's place is no longer at the wall. He needs to get into westerous and avenge his family against the Boltons and lannister but that can't happen if he still keeps his vow. For that vow to end, he has to die. One major boost is my theory is the fact that he was spotted filming season six( posted the picture earlier) but he wasn't in his nights watch black but in a stark attire. But again, I might me wrong woefully. This is what makes GOT the best show ever made and all those comparing it with crap like Spartacus very silly.

Did u just call Spartacus a crap show.......mehn, if I can lay my hand on u right now, I will beat the shit out of u.......pls, dont ever disrespect my Spartacus
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by TweetMajor(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

Its not even the producers that are killing the characters, its the author of the book George R.R. Martin, he takes forever to finish a book. Heard hes not writing the next book installment alone, hes writing it along side two die hard fans and is speculated to be out next year february.
About Jon Snow definately not dead.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by duduade: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2015
uzolexis:

This is sooo sad cry cry
why didn't she follow instructions ? Was she any better or wiser than those who advised her to not roll down her windows. .?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by rigarmortis: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:

its always like that, you cant recreate the imagery a good author creates in your brain with words on TV.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Ranchhoddas: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2015
Ximonak:

Jon snow wakes up and he is now transformed as a zombie den will overthrow or lead the underworld army... already put a bet on it
my money is on the Lady Melisandre resurrecting him.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbycite:

Did u just call Spartacus a crap show.......mehn, if I can lay my hand on u right now, I will beat the shit out of u.......pls, dont ever disrespect my Spartacus
I watched every season of Spartacus. In fact I enjoyed it even more than you did. But watching game of thrones Is a whole different experience for me. That is when you will realize how crap Spartacus was. It just had cheap thrills of actions and vulgarity. It is not mentally challenging and cam be understood by a 10 year old. Yes! I say it again, it was a crap show.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by oz4real83(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2015
This is why I watch MOSTLY HOLLYWOOD FILMs!!! They stir up your thinking faculty and make u wonder and ask "HOW"?!!! Nollywood still has a LONG WAY to go!
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by lampardizik(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

True,GOT is one of a kind and your theories might just be right,one thing is for sure though...there's going to be a lot of twists in the episodes to come.

Jon's death might be the talk of the day now,but I think it might have a greater role to play in the future of his siblings

There is Arya and there is also Sansa. The news of his death might somehow put things in motion,now that the world thinks all the Starks are gone...anyway it's all in the hands of the writers and we will have to see how the whole thing plays

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Cee-C Restless As She Sees Tobi And Anto Sleep Together / Big Brother Naija 2018 Audition Overcrowded. Lady's Wig Yanked Off (Photos) / #bbnaija: First Photos Of Bambam Shortly After Her Eviction Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.