Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

No Bra Day (october13) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Bra Day (october13) (2346 Views)

Busty Lady's No Bra Day Photos Got Nigerians Talking / Today Is World's No Bra Day / Lady Exposes Her Boobs To Celebrate No Bra Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Bra Day (october13) by LordMecuzy(m): 12:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Have you heard the latest news? According to a KISS FM report published on Oct. 10, a controversial event is now just a few hours away and many are ready to celebrate.
Oct. 13 is No Bra Day, an annual “holiday” that encourages women to set the "girls" free in "support" of October's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
While the occasion may be liberating (and so much more comfortable) for some women, the event is not without controversy.
In fact, some find the event quite offensive. But No Bra Day helps raise awareness about a very important cause - breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in American women. Despite the many advances in cancer treatment and great progress over the years, the cause of breast cancer is still unknown.
According to the National Cancer Institute, it is estimated that more than 230,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and 40,000 will die.
But many do survive breast cancer. In fact, 89 percent survived five or more years after being diagnosed between 2004 and 2010.
Finding cancer early by regular self-exams and mammograms can save your life. Know the known risks and talk to your doctor about scheduling a mammogram.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month helps raise awareness and supports breast cancer research, but also honors those who have lost the fight.
Whether or not you plan to participate in No Bra Day by going braless on Oct. 13, the fight against cancer continues.

http://www.examiner.com/article/no-bra-day-go-braless-and-set-the-girls-free

Please spread the word, walk into any health care facility for a comprehensive break examination plus encourage all the women you know not to wear a bra today. #teamfightcancer

lalasticlala I'm loyal..

Re: No Bra Day (october13) by GabrielSuswam(m): 12:04am On Oct 13, 2015
I Smell front page...

These kind of threads where APC and PDP warriors will come into an unholy alliance. lol

If your breast don fall please don't come out without BRA today Abeg. We no want get eye cancer!

2 Likes

Re: No Bra Day (october13) by Bekwarra(m): 12:05am On Oct 13, 2015
I was here.
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by OVI75(m): 12:12am On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmm,cossy and Afro biscuit shey una don hear baaa.

Quote me and watch ur galfwend/boyfwend visit u witout her bra/boxer under her top/his trouser tmao.
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by LordMecuzy(m): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2015
My Head No Go Look Down throughout Today...
yessssssss!!!!!!!! It's tym to confirm If Ifeoma's jugs are real or just breast pads . ...........runs Ifeoma's house.

1 Like

Re: No Bra Day (october13) by sanbells(f): 12:19am On Oct 13, 2015
I think the guys above me are expecting to see girls moving about with no bra. Una go wait tire. Iffa hear say girls go gree for dah one
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by Bishop4bella(m): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2015
I know where to set my eyes today to count the number of nipples I ll see.
Let's celebrate together.
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by oluwaisaac(m): 12:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Let's buy new clothes for its celebration.....just like they do on Val's day!!
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by harristo(m): 12:36am On Oct 13, 2015
sanbells:
I think the guys above me are expecting to see girls moving about with no bra. Una go wait tire. Iffa hear say girls go gree for dah one

OP said to encourage women to participate, but for women to do so they don't necessarily need to bare their boobs. Since the name of the day is not 'No Top Day', then women simply need to not wear bra inside their top and they will be supporting the 'No Bra Day'. This shouldn't be too difficult for women to do right?
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by dkronicle(m): 12:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Gbanx
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by haywire1: 12:45am On Oct 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

#
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by Fluidelvis(m): 12:49am On Oct 13, 2015
See as this small news dey sweet una shocked
Breast wey one good "badt" guy don even tire to suck..
Breast wey una no go even see..
Guys sef grin
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 13, 2015
sanbells:
It's girls like you that wear bra to bed and wake up sore aches and marks around your milk sector. If u like, gree. If you like, no gree. Na still your ministry dem dey try help.
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by Yustash001(m): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2015
*clears throat*..
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by MAYOWAAK: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2015
“A woman’s breasts are naturally designed to jiggle, bounce, and sway as she moves. Bras inhibit the natural movement of the breasts, which interferes with the way Mother Nature designed breasts for optimal health.”

The bra is a recent invention that burst onto the fashion scene in the late 1800’s, replacing the tight corset, which was known to damage the internal organs, spines, and overall health of women.

“By the 1930’s, large-scale commercial production began that made the brassiere widely available to women. The bra industry is now a multi-billion dollar market dominated by large, multinational corporations.”

Bra wearing has becoming such a common part of Western women’s lifestyle, that many women feel obligated to wear them for work or any time they are out in public.

Some women even wear them 24 hours a day!
Re: No Bra Day (october13) by MAYOWAAK: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2015
Bras Don’t Prevent Sagging
Many women wear bras because of fear that their breasts will sag if they don’t, but a recent 15-year French study indicates that women who go without a bra actually have perkier breasts – even after they have breastfed a child!

“The CEO of the bra manufacturer Playtex, John Dixey, was quoted as saying, “We have no medical evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle, so keeping it toned up is an impossibility.”

When a woman is not wearing a bra, her movements allow the breasts to move naturally – from side to side, up and down, to shake and bounce.

“This natural movement supports the circulation of the lymph and blood, and promotes the vitality of the connective tissue and skin, enhancing the perkiness of the breasts.”

Note: Larger breasts will naturally sag over time, something that cannot be avoided, whether a woman wears a bra – or not .

“The bra industry does not want you to think that your bra could be harmful to your health, but increasing information leads that very conclusion.”

A BBC study interviewed over 4,700 women – with and without breast cancer – in five major cities across the U.S. about their bra wearing habits.

“They found a dramatically increased risk of breast cancer in women who wore their bra more than 12 hours a day, and this risk increased in women who wore their bra 24 hours a day – even to sleep.”

There is definitely a lot more research needed, and it would be great to see such an important issue for women today to be more fully studied, and not so quickly dismissed.

In the meantime, prevention is key.

In 2005, Oprah did a show called the Bra Revolution, which featured lingerie experts, thousands of bras, and fitted every member of her audience for a new, correctly sized bra.

“Improperly fitted bras are known to cause many health challenges, such as back and shoulder pain.”

They found that over 80% of the women were wearing the wrong bra size!

“There is no standard sizing for bras, and women’s breasts are all different shapes and sizes. Bra size measurements are based upon two dimensions, which does no justice for our 3-dimensional breasts!”

If you feel you must wear a bra, go to a real lingerie store and have a professional fitting, then try on the bras. Invest in a comfortable, properly sized bra (avoid under wires).
Note: Your breasts change size at different times, including during your menstrual cycle. Try on bras when your breasts are at their fullest, usually before your period.

And, if you’ve experienced any recent changes, such as gaining or losing weight, pregnancy (or postpartum), breast surgery, or any other changes, now is the time to get refitted.

Massage your breasts in the morning after your shower, before getting dressed, and at the end of the day after you have taken off your bra to stimulate circulation.

“Look at your breasts and body in the mirror when you take off your bra. Do you have any red marks or lines?”

That is a warning sign your bra is cutting off circulation.

If you must wear a bra to work or to leave the house, take it off as soon as you can, and do not wear it longer than 12 hours a day (or to sleep).

Or, just go bra-free!

“If your breasts are sensitive or painful when you go bra-free, that is a sign of congestion, which will go away within a few days (or a few months) when your breasts get used to the enhanced circulation and movement.”

If you are nervous about your nipples showing, use a scarf, dress in layers, or wear a camisole.

“Naturally supporting your breast health promotes longevity, sensuality, and vitality.”

Now take care of your breasts and take off your bra!

(1) (Reply)

Is Chicken Pox Vaccine Among The Routine Vaccination For Young kids In Nigeria? / Dr. Haastrup Come And Defend Yourself Here! / I Feel Sleepy Once I Begin To Read. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.