Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,442 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 PM

Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food (4847 Views)

The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by FATHERME: 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2009
@op
na  the way her mama brought her up grin grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by spoilt(f): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2009
Hopefully she has a husband that is a civil servant or that comes home at a decent hour otherwise people will die of starvation.
The wife of a banker cannot uphold this rule oh! she'll get an ulcer while waiting for oga grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tollu: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2009
Am Alone:

YOU SLEEP LIKE A MAGGOT YOU slowpoke!!!

Pardon my intruding, but how does a maggot sleep?
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by DoubleN(m): 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
Crazy Stuff!
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by guysmat(m): 12:46am On May 01, 2009
IMO that's a greedy set up. The day her father & mother inlaw come visiting shebi she's instruct them to wait until their son comes home to taste the food; and if there're kids in the equation, they'll still be looking like 2 year olds by the time they're 8 because over the accumulated years, popsy don chop their share in terms of hot meals and time. Everything we do in life has its consequences. If you do a background check on the family, you'll most likely find out that it's very difficult for them to give people things or go out of their way to do things for people. Their poor kids then grow up thinking that that's how life is supposed to be. They have successfully thought their kids the art of "ME FIRST" instead of others first. These are some of the reasons some kids prefer to spend their holidays in other people's home other than theirs. They discover the art of sharing. God bless those homes IJN. Amen.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Nobody: 1:39am On May 01, 2009
Ehrrrm, isn't this what happens in naija?

I grew up with the mentality that the head of the house (the man) be served first before anybody.
After him, then the rest can go and get their plates.

But if he's not home, his food will be set aside till he arrives. No need to wait for him undecided
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Nobody: 1:57am On May 01, 2009
tollu:

Pardon my intruding, but how does a maggot sleep?
rotfl he should know
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ollybosieb: 3:06am On May 01, 2009
May be the instruction given to her from her baba who gave her the love portion is for her to make sure hussy eat from the food first ,
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by amebono13: 6:22am On May 01, 2009
@david
which good wife, the fact dat a woman will do that nonsense is crazy,there r alotta ways to show a man hw much u respect him

i can relate with a woman not eating without her husband cos she wants them to eat together, but this one is crazy? undecided

@topic

so if the kids are dying of hunger, they should stillwait for daddy abi?

what a joke
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by allycat: 12:21pm On May 01, 2009
I understand her point of view. Everyman should be a king in his own castle. If I made dinner for my husband and a guest arrived unexpectedly he or she will wait, if not go home. I cant imagine my husbang comming home to HIS own house for dinner and meeting my friends at table . Who then invites who to the table. If i have a guest like my mum- in- law her meals are usually prepared seperately, her own dinner will be served by 6 or 7 and my help can do that. I actually am known for not going into the kitchen unless i am cooking for my husband. I dont have kids yet but when I do they will become top priority like my guy is now. Fortunately I am blessed with a great guy who is appreciative.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by AmAlone: 12:30pm On May 01, 2009
@TOLU
THEY DON'T!
IF A MAN CAN DO THAT TO HIS KIDS I GUESS HE CAN'T SLEEP
GOT TO BE NIGHTMARES FOR EVERY SINGLE TIME HE ATTEMPT.

ThiefOfHearts:

Rofl

Dude are you mentally sound?

I wasn't trying to make any point mam. . .
but you must understand some men stay out of home for days and sometimes weeks!
If someone could call stupidity characteristic of a good wife what do you think he deserves?

I know for sure Iron sharpneth Iron
just tryin to put some ass where the belong. . . grin grin grin

The post can go on and on and on for enternity makes no difference to the woman in question
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by AmAlone: 12:37pm On May 01, 2009
ollybosieb:

May be the instruction given to her from her baba who gave her the love portion is for her to make sure hussy eat from the food first ,

I strongly agree with you. for me there is nothing tradition has got to do with this!
though I suffered same undecided
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by debosky(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2009
allycat:

I understand her point of view. Everyman should be a king in his own castle. [/b]If I made dinner for my husband and a guest arrived unexpectedly [b]he or she will wait, if not go home. I cant imagine my husband coming home to HIS own house for dinner and meeting my friends at table . Who then invites who to the table. If i have a guest like my mum- in- law her meals are usually prepared separately, her own dinner will be served by 6 or 7 and my help can do that. I actually am known for not going into the kitchen unless i am cooking for my husband. I dont have kids yet but when I do they will become top priority like my guy is now. Fortunately I am blessed with a great guy who is appreciative.

Wonderful woman. Your husband is a lucky man. smiley

I don't understand all these people who complain about men putting their families before their wives now complaining when the couple decides to place themselves (and kids) above external family.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:37pm On May 01, 2009
If this was a normal situation fine but Naija extended families dont understand that nonsense. Even if the husband tells them to their faces that this is whta will happen, they will still begrudge the wife. It happens ALL the time.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tpiah: 2:49pm On May 01, 2009
ollybosieb:

if the woman is "jazzing" her husband, wouldnt that be more effective if she set his food aside before putting it in? Think about that.

@ topic:

aside from showing her guy respect, I think what she's trying to do is also have a family dinner time- a chance for the whole family to bond together.

The major problem is if the other members of the household get hungry while waiting.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by amebono13: 2:53pm On May 01, 2009
that is rubbish, i know whenever i travel back home to naija, my mum used to visit smtimes wtout letting us know,especially if shes coming back from the market and got some stuffs for me

so what will i tell her? "go home woman, oga isnt home yet,for that reason nobody can eat the food dat i prepared"

puhpleasee nobody knows wat happens inside,it might be "eye service"
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:42pm On May 01, 2009
n je eye service, iyawo grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2009
amebo no1.:

@david
which good wife, the fact dat a woman will do that nonsense is crazy,there r alotta ways to show a man hw much u respect him

i can relate with a woman not eating without her husband cos she wants them to eat together, but this one is crazy? undecided

I dont think she refuses to serve her kids until her husband comes home, that would be wicked. Even my mum would make sure my dad's portion was reserved FIRST before we got to eat . . . every woman to herself. I personally have no problems with it.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by amebono13: 4:31pm On May 01, 2009
davidylan:

I dont think she refuses to serve her kids until her husband comes home, that would be wicked. Even my mum would make sure my dad's portion was reserved FIRST before we got to eat . . . every woman to herself. I personally have no problems with it.

understandable and better, a lot of women do that too, my mum is amongst them(i remember dat d best part of the okporoko,mangala and co was for my dad,while we had to manage small biscuit bone grin grin grin jk jk), it is different from starving evrybody cos oga isnt back

it is advisable for a woman to put her husbands portion safe, then the remaining should be given to others in the house

i mean, if she wants to eat with her husband,then let her wait for him to come home but not bleeping starve others
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by amebono13: 4:36pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

n je eye service, iyawo  grin

haba TOH, are u not a nigerian. grin grin grin

eye service(let me try and explain to u) is the person dat does things just to be noticed, and called good, smone dat likes to take credit for everything he or she does,  a little more/above "notice me, or i quench"

e.g a woman dat wants a man to marry her, will wanna do things to get d credit, e.g cleaning,sweeping the whole house plus neighbour own join grin grin grin , wash mans boxers and clothes,iron,scrub floor(hands and legs) with mop like sistawomans kids grin grin grin
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:39pm On May 01, 2009
Rofl nice tutorial, I get you now wink
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ashokeze(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2009
yes, i feel it's because he has a high level of trust and respect for his wife
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Becomrrich: 6:31pm On May 01, 2009
It is not an Ijebu culture, it is a Yoruba culture. When I was young my mother use to do it. And if my father was not around. I was the first son of the house. My mother would call me to taste it first. When she get the permission from my father. And I am not Ijebu. It is a yoruba culture.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tpiah: 6:34pm On May 01, 2009
becomerich in food section? cheesy amazing! grin the end is nigh grin

Becomrrich:

It is not an Ijebu culture, it is a Yoruba culture. When I was young my mother use to do it. And if my father was not around. I was the first son of the house. My mother would call me to taste it first. When she get the permission from my father. And I am not Ijebu. It is a yoruba culture.

never heard of anything like that as far as I remember, not even in my friend's houses.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by royalicon(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2009
Its a good sign for the husband not to keep away from home, hanging out with sisi them, knowing fully that the whole family is waiting for him.

Thats how they plan the foundation of the marrital home. Leave them alone.

Good luck o jare,
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2009
Becomrrch

Is there a a reason why you're turning this thread to a Yoruba and Igbo thread?

WATCH yourself.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:07pm On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Becomrrch

Is there a a reason why you're turning this thread to a Yoruba and Igbo thread?

WATCH yourself.

what else would you expect from someone calling himself an omo ale? cool
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by StrStruck(f): 9:13pm On May 01, 2009
Ch . . . if the only time he is allowed to be the first to taste the food is when he cooks it himself until then first come, first served.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tpiah: 9:50pm On May 01, 2009
abeg becomerich what's the meaning of all this you're typing?

I repeat- the wife is doing it as her way of showing respect for her hubby.

Its not a general culture and neither does it mean others who dont do exactly the same, are disrespecting their husbands.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Becomrrich: 9:56pm On May 01, 2009
sorry it is culture, even a yoruba woman gives her husband food on her kneels.
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 01, 2009
Becomrrich:

Lool I beg to differ cheesy
Re: Her Husband Must Be The First To Taste Her Food by tpiah: 10:02pm On May 01, 2009
Becomrrich:

heh- on her kneels ko undecided

This is the 21st century. Unless the man grew up in a rigidly traditional home, I shouldnt think he'd expect that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prices Of Gas Cookers & Cylinders In Nigeria (2019) / How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Grain Weevils. / 20 Common Kitchen Appliances And Their Inventors - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.