Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? (43481 Views)

A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive, What Do I Do? (FEEDBACK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by MissOpe(f): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2015
Good morning good people of Nairaland, please I do have a question, How much difference does Hepatitis B and HIV have? I have a girl friend who got married to a guy who's Hepatitis B positive , although she was vaccinated twice before they got married and they are expecting a child ......
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Tamakay(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2015
madridguy:
TRUE LOVE IS WHEN YOUR PARTNER GET HIV AND YOU STILL LOVE HER.

@ OP, YOU CLAIMED TO BE A HEALTH WORKER AND YOU STILL NEED AN ADVISE ON THIS ISSUE ? IN FELA VOICE : YOU BE SEWEGBE HEALTH WORKER

Really sewegbe
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by jamesbridget13(f): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2015
Just tell her u two shld go for genotype test. After d samples has been collected, go back n tell d person to add hiv for u two. Shikena. U dont need to tell her plainly.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by jamesbridget13(f): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2015
shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by sambisa5: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2015
madridguy:

@ OP, YOU CLAIMED TO BE A HEALTH WORKER AND YOU STILL NEED AN ADVISE ON THIS ISSUE ? IN FELA VOICE : YOU BE SEWEGBE HEALTH WORKER

so beacause of TRUE LOVE,, he should go contact an incureable disease,,,,,,,that is not true love that's foolishness in the highest order

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by IceDude(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2015
Chai!.......This OP wan use im life play Nairabet cry
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Dandeson1(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2015
RUN... MOTHERFFUCKER
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by madridguy(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2015
Don't you figure out that the OP don't know is bearing ?

sambisa5:

so beacause of TRUE LOVE,, he should go contact an incureable disease,,,,,,,that is not true love that's foolishness in the highest order

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 14, 2015
Instead of conducting a test I would advice the girl to run as hard as she can...far away of this OP, she deserves someone better!

For many obvious reasons:
1. he is no health worker and if he is he should be fired for lack of knowledge, sensitivity and tact.
2. he clearly does not love her, he loves himself
3. he asks for advice on a forum known for its stupid comments about a topic as sensitive as this
4. he puts the girl in disgrace publicly by mentioning her here, together with his own profile information the girl can be easily traced or recognized by others who know about you both
5. he is talking without any evidence

#bigfail

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Obynolee(f): 6:58am On Oct 14, 2015
quiinnBee:

should he conduct a test for her or quit the relationship.thats the question.
read before you post

The OP is right, he is a swagbe health worker, as a health worker, he is supposed to know that the only way to know ones HIV status is by test not appearance or what friends said because there are other illnesses that will make one look like an HIV patient and he is supposed to know that an HIV negative can marry am HIV positive, have HIV negative. kids and still maintain his status(HIV negative )

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Obynolee(f): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2015
sambisa5:

I am disappointed on how ignorant Nairalanders are about this disease

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by leebartea(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:
Hmm... My girl friend is HIV/AIDS positive and we are into relationship not up to a month.

Though we have never had any coitus. She loves me soo much as do i.

It has not being confirmed in any of the laboratory that she is HIV/AIDS positive. But a reliable source close to her affirm to me that she is a victim. Yes! I would have Carried out a test for her but if she refuses the test, my relationship with her will be retarded. Because i will conclude that she is really HIV/AIDS positive.

Actually i don't want her to feel as being stigmatize if she realizes I know about her predicament and at same time not being close to her as before. Am a health worker, and I have also seen series of HIV/AIDS signs and symptoms on her.

Please nairalanders, I need your solemn advice. (advices..hehe) should I try and conduct a test for her or just quit the relationship?

And if am to quit the relationship, how do I convince her? Love y'all.
person b lyk; smebdy wnt to kill me nw and he enter nairaland asking..should I wait or run?
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2015
madridguy:

Be realistic, she has aids, and its not his fault, she should date aids people.

Stop giving wrong advice, I dont think you would be with your spouse if she was hiv positive.

We live in a real world you know, not the fantasy uv created in your head.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Certifiedboss: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:
Hmm... My girl friend is HIV/AIDS positive and we are into relationship not up to a month.

It has not being confirmed in any of the laboratory that she is HIV/AIDS positive. But a reliable source close to her affirm to me that she is a victim. Yes! I would have Carried out a test for her but if she refuses the test, my relationship with her will be retarded. Because i will conclude that she is really HIV/AIDS positive.

Actually i don't want her to feel as being stigmatize if she realizes I know about her predicament and at same time not being close to her as before. Am a health worker, and I have also seen series of HIV/AIDS signs and symptoms on her.

Please nairalanders, I need your solemn advice. (advices..hehe) should I try and conduct a test for her or just quit the relationship?

Do you have sense at all? Don't quit .. Use condom so she doesn't feel stigmatized.. Ewuuu
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by susolzik(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2015
I doubt if you're truly a health worker as you claimed because there are some things you ought to know as a health worker about the disease.
1)HIV & AIDS aren't the same.
2)You can't know someone status except through confirmatory test.I wonder when signs become the reason you assumed she's positive.
3)There are zero discordant couples living happily as HIV is no longer a deadly disease as it used to.
4)If she's positive,she erred by not telling you but she might be afraid of losing you.
5)find a way to go for test and make your decision:whether to continue/quit the relationship after it has been confirmed.
6)with recent discoveries,HIV would soon become history as there's no disease without cure.
7)we will all die no matter what.
all the best

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by DonBobes(m): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

na craze woman born me, wetin i still de do wit her!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by elhafeez(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2015
you claim you are a health worker. tell her you want to take the relationship to the next level and you need to know your genotype. you both go see a friend that owns a lab. take bloood sample and run all the test you want from hepatitis to STD. if it's positive for HIV. Give you self Hepatitis and tell her it can't work because of your condition. if she's carrying the virus and she is a sincere person. she would tell you the truth even before any test. Good luck there is no easy way out
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by lifenajeje(m): 7:31am On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmmm. Shows people are still ignorant about HIV.

Op Don't be surprise if a test is conducted using a determinant kit its you who would come out with a positive result.. Symptoms of different illness are alike so she may not be positive until a determine kit reveals so.

For the general house ...we have discordant ( one of the partner is living with HIV) and corcondant ( both partners are living with the virus). In both senarios there are millions of people happily married allover the world.

Don't abandon your love one cause of HIV else u would loose something special.

Marriage is a thing of the mind its either you are ready or not... If u can't marry someone that is positive you let the person know the truth and keep on being friends with the person. There are lots of issues that would make one not to settle down with their partner and they bring up other excuses.

What most people don't know is that there are lots of virgins who are living with the virus as I type this.. These are innocent children who were infected from birth with the virus before the emergence of PMTCT(Prevention of Mother To Child Transfer) presently people ignorantly still give birth to positive children who would grow up and get married.... What am trying to say is you could end up marrying a virgin but don't know he or she is positive with HIV..

SEX is not the only means which HIV is transmitted.. How many guys on nairaland have personal hair clippers .. How many ladies use their own hair pin.. Forget those crap about sterilising equipment..using lighters to burn clippers..clinically it's only bleach that can kill the virus..but as humans we can't drink bleach.....

Op even if that lady turns out positive u abandon her and she commences treatment someone better than you will know her value and keep her.

We all have different problems in life ...what u don't know about seek advice from the right channel always.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Spells(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Love is blind... Infect urself too if u really love her n leave a life filled with hiv /Aids with her... Mumu question deserve mumu ans
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by naijathings(m): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I didn't want to comment because he claims to be a "health worker" but doesn't even know the difference between copulation & reproduction. If he can't keep it 100, why bother? I feel it's a made-up story anyway, so...meh.

meh

was this a typo or u really. meant to say meh.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 14, 2015
MissOpe:
Good morning good people of Nairaland, please I do have a question, How much difference does Hepatitis B and HIV have? I have a girl friend who got married to a guy who's Hepatitis B positive , although she was vaccinated twice before they got married and they are expecting a child ......

Hepatitis B is more dangerous than HIV because it is more infectious and often the chronic carrier will finally come down with cancer of the liver after about 20years at most. It has no treatment if the body doesn't clear it on it own. Most likely the children will be exposed too.
You said your friend has been vaccinated, i won't tell the outcome here
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2015
HIV is a hoax.

Please do not worry yourself.

You should google HIV hoax.

Fmartin:

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2015
naijathings:

meh

was this a typo or u really. meant to say meh.

Meh is like a shrug or whatever
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by gfullmoon(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Bros the traffic you wanted to be generated had been done. Firstly,if you're a health worker as you claimned, you wouldn't be here seeking for advice. Secondly,you cannot form your opinion on hear say,her friends may or may be not want to spoil the girl's relationship with you-the right thing to be done is two of you should simultenously go for a HIV/AIDS test. And if she knew she had been positive already without letting you know on her own,she had already failed the openess test in marriage a ground you can use to end the relationship. You don't test the dept of water using two legs,a word is enogh for the wise... Pls my kind stance do not in any way mean that I believe this story,I just offered the advice to those who might find themselves in such tenterhook tomorrow.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Kingnap(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

Oga health worker... You need advice from non health workers in health related issues My friend go n retire first grin

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by meshack15: 7:50am On Oct 14, 2015
Forget about stigmatization in this case oh.As a health worker you are to leave by example, do not dump her and allow her to carry it and infect someone else if it is true she has it, get her tested and counsel her to go for retro viral/HIV Drugs to fight the disease and encourage her but all these will make things easy for her except she resist going for a test and if she resist the test and she actually has it,it means she has evil intention to destroy your life becouse some girls can be very wicked,she may just want to distribute it around claiming that someone gave it to her afterall
Fmartin:

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by gangjo61(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2015
You should go an check your self too
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2015
d source might be her toaster u knw.i dnt tink shes hiv positve
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by vislabraye(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

What do you mean that it has not be confirmed in a lab that she's HIV/AIDS positive ?
Has she ever gone for a test ?
I'll advise you two go for so that you guys status will be known. Avoid sex. No use konji as excuse O. Your life is important. Btw, how well do you know her
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Timbuktu14(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Seems? Smh
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by madridguy(m): 8:15am On Oct 14, 2015
So since he knows his GF got HIV and he need someone to advise him then he need brain transplant.

kaeforum:

Be realistic, she has aids, and its not his fault, she should date aids people.

Stop giving wrong advice, I dont think you would be with your spouse if she was hiv positive.

We live in a real world you know, not the fantasy uv created in your head.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by madridguy(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2015
So you want me to tell him to run away from her ? Let him not use his brain.

sambisa5:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? / What Name Do You Call Your Partner When You Are Angry? / My Escapades In The North .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.