Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! (934 Views)

7 Lessons Every Nairalander Can Learn From Donald Trumps Victory / If You're A Moderator Who Would You Ban / I Quit Nairaland In Protest Of Rule 9 And The Monster Of A Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2015
Hello people, I just discovered a new feature of this forum though most people don't know about it yet. When I say every nairalander is now a moderator, I don't mean we all have the power to move threads to front page or ban anyone but we can definitely delete comments of rule breakers. I remember seun saying that the moderators can only handle only extreme cases, meaning the job of controlling every single comment is a tedious task. Guess what, you can equally remove comments from spammers and scammers and any comments that doesn't meet the standard. All you need to do is, use the (report) button below the comment, and you'll see a question, what rule did this person break? Answer the question and click submit the comment will just vanish.
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2015
I have noticed it as well, seun why is this so? Someone can just decide to remove another person's comment for the fun of it. Report button should report a matter to the mods who should then act.
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2015
firstEVA:
I have noticed it as well, seun why is this so? Someone can just decide to remove another person's comment for the fun of it. Report button should report a matter to the mods who should then act.
I'll use it for space bookers association of nairaland cheesy

1 Like

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2015
lofty900:
I'll use it for space bookers association of nairaland
it will be so abused ehn.
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by 175(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2015
lofty900:
I'll use it for space bookers association of nairaland

Introvert n LadyF is finished gringrin let's go there!

1 Like

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2015
175:

Introvert n LadyF is finished gringrin let's go there!
let's go there
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2015
firstEVA:
it will be so abused ehn.
the work load is too much for them so let's help them out
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by eleojo23: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2015
It's not very easy to moderate a big forum like this.
But I think the comment should not just get deleted instantly, it should rather be sent to a place called the "Moderator's chest" just the way an antivirus software grabs a suspicious item and sends it to the "virus chest".

When a comment is sent to the "chest", the mods can now take their time to review the comment and decide whether to permanently delete it or not.

1 Like

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by orisa37: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2015
We all have the Responsibility to BUILD AND NOT BREAK Nigeria in all our Actions, Interactions and Movements.. So to the Biafrans, bokoharams, Fulani Herdsmen, athiests, Abducterers and Kidnappers, we know where you are, front page or not, we shall fish you out by your handiwork..
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by stevecantrell: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2015
Every Lagosian is a LASTMA man.
Every Nigerian is police officer.
Just an invitation to chaos.

1 Like

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Tamee(f): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 14, 2015
Tamee:
I'm sorry, I just tried it on the poster above ^ me undecided
Blame Firsteva angry
hahahaha, I feel like closing the op's thread grin
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2015
Very funny! Unfortunately, you can only hide comment(s) from appearing on your OWN screen and not from a thread. That's the exclusive preserve of the mods.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by brojero: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Very funny! Unfortunately, you can only hide comment(s) from appearing on your OWN screen and not from a thread. That's the exclusive preserve of the mods.

That's good enough, if it works. Then I can edit a thread to my personal taste, block out all the noise...
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by sinkhole: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2015
I dont think it works as described or maybe it has been modified by Seun! I tried it and it asked me to give reason without providing a field for entering the reason.
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2015
brojero:

That's good enough, if it works. Then I can edit a thread to my personal taste, block out all the noise...

Well, that's the purpose of it all...
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by MyMouth(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Make I go look for those silly tonyebacanista comments!

1 Like

Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Feranchek(m): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2015
It worked!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2015
i use it a lot...especially
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by 99100(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2015
eleojo23:
It's not very easy to moderate a big forum like this.
But I think the comment should not just get deleted instantly, it should rather be sent to a place called the "Moderator's chest" just the way an antivirus software grabs a suspicious item and sends it to the "virus chest".

When a comment is sent to the "chest", the mods can now take their time to review the comment and decide whether to permanently delete it or not.
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2015
firstEVA:
hahahaha, I feel like closing the op's thread grin
abeg no do na. Lol
Re: Every Nairalander Is Now A Moderator!! by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I don't think so bro

(1) (Reply)

That Moment When Mimiko Asks If Audu Would Be Declared Winner / To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! / PDP Rejects Inec’s Declaration Of Yahaya Bello As Kogi Governor-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.