Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions (876 Views)

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions by lekums: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Former Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola showed the class he is made of on Wednesday as the senate screened him for ministerial appointment.
He took the questions one by one from the senator and dissolved it. Senator Egwu questioned Fashola on reparation of destitutes.

In his response, Fashola told the senate that there were correspondences between Lagos State Government and government of where the destitutes were repatriated to. He said most of these destitutes were rehabilitated by Lagos government before they were taken back to their state of origin.
According to him, the destitutes signified their intention to go back home before Lagos State Government took the decision to do so. However he apologized to whosoever the state government might have offended with the action.
Fashola also cleared the air on N78m website, adding “I don’t fix contract prices, it is an institutional process. The only training I have is that of a lawyer, but in order to execute works on a project we need the input of architect, quantity surveyors, structural engineer and we have consulting ministries; for civil works it is the Ministry of Works, for science it is the Ministry of Science and Technology among others.
Now periodically, they do market surveys with the Ministry of Economic Planning , the Statisticians are there to fix prices from biro to Iron rod to cement it is approved and it becomes the benchmark price of government procurement, nobody can award any other contract over that benchmark.”
The unfortunate things about money is that it often raises suspicions even among brothers.
Nobody have alleged that I have corruptly enriched myself, I could not be the master of computers and technology, I need something to do my work or award contracts.
On what he will manage Abuja if he eventually becomes the Minister of FCT, He said, “My Knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos. I have lived in Lagos all my life.”
On just dispensation of justice he said, “If we are afraid of abuse, start the state police. Not every state should start if it can't be funded.”
“We are under policed based on statistics and my recommendation is decentralization.”
“As governor I felt responsible for every citizen that was robbed.”
“Security remains the primary but toughest job a leader can have; It was a competition.”
“Government exists to protect citizens and their assets therefore criminals are my competitors.”
“Online Technology is a very versatile tool for tax collection... moving to it would be important.”
“Before we increase taxes we must optimize the capacity to receive what is in place.”
“Our Work in Lagos was a Team Effort, I won't appropriate personal responsibility for the Good Work.”

http://silverbirdtv.com/politics/9822-ministerial-screening-how-fashola-dissolved-senators-questions

Re: Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions by benedictnsi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola is now the reigning........ Minister
Re: Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions by lekums: 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
benedictnsi:
Fashola is now the reigning........ Minister

Yes o! Fasho Baba.

Answered like a boss.
Re: Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions by kemlily(f): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
He fingered their brain.....

thumbs up for you man
Re: Ministerial Screening: How Fashola Dissolved Senators’ Questions by lekan29ice(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
May u live long sir....

(1) (Reply)

Nytimes. Nigeria President Escalates Campaign To Stem Corruption / Photo: Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin In South Africa / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dump $182M Halliburton Bribe Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.