Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates (3849 Views)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / 3 Unemployed Graduates In One Family Get Federal Jobs Without Godfather / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Orikinla(m): 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates
Source: http://www.statista.com/chart/3875/the-countries-with-the-most-unemployed-graduates/

1 Share

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by ammyluv2002(f): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Op, pls how authentic is dis list? No Africa country ? Abi na for oniybos alone?

4 Likes

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by GentleNaaz(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
The list should b

1. Nigeria
2. Nigeria
6. Nigeria

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by hardychris(m): 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
If Nigeria is not included then I don't believe it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by joshujoshu(m): 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
in case it made FP
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Youpele52: 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
No Nigeria?
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
#Nd d next tin go b..I dey go abroad go find work..Chai ! 9ja no bad walai;nan cux graduates sha wants office job..#
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Orikinla(m): 4:45am On Oct 15, 2015
There are more ways to be self employed in Nigeria than the countries on the lisr.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Topman0001(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Nigeria is not really as terrible as we think. Recently in my office, an argument broke out about the most corrupt contries in the world. Believe me, we didnt see Nigeria among the top ten

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by actoor(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2015
shocked I don't believe it undecided
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Topman0001:
Nigeria is not really as terrible as we think. Recently in my office, an argument broke out about the most corrupt contries in the world. Believe me, we didnt see Nigeria among the top ten

Hmmmm....What parameters were used for the arguments? Well, Nigeria MIGHT not be in the same category as Syria, Bangladesh, etc, but it's ONE of the most corrupt nations in history.

1 Like

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by babyfaceafrica: 6:50am On Oct 15, 2015
Ok
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by jedisco(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2015
Like it says, the graph is for OECD countries. OECD means organization for economic cooperation and development. It has about 30 member states with no African country included.

4 Likes

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Canada, norway, Ireland and Germany....OP u are joking!!!

1 Like

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by iamrealdeji(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Orikinla:
There are more ways to be self employed in Nigeria than the countries on the lisr.
that's true sir,thats what I like about Nigeria,its easier to set up business in Nigeria than those countries,for example if you want to set up a cyber cafe in Nigeria,you can arrange tokunbo computers,rent cheap shop and employ a boy who just finished secondary school,but in America for example,you must have this and that license,the shop rent alone can set up 10 Nigerian cyber cafes,then you'd have a certain number of workers you should employ,advertise,the computers new and costumers can sue you at any time if the computer and server is malfunctioning, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by iamrealdeji(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2015
This is a fake list though or its the other way round,Countries with most employed graduates
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by iamrealdeji(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2015
This is a fake list though or its the other way round,Countries with most employed graduates cos i'm seeing 1%,7% etc
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by ceejayluv(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2015
jedisco:
Like it says, the graph is for OECD countries. OECD means organization for economic cooperation and development. It has about 30 member states with no African country included.
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by DopeBoiRapy(m): 8:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Nigeria has 70% unemployment rate overall compared to U.S unemployment rate which is 9% and Britain which is 7.5%, 2015
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Orikinla(m): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2015
DopeBoiRapy:
Nigeria has 70% unemployment rate overall compared to U.S unemployment rate which is 9% and Britain which is 7.5%, 2015

[size=18pt]You don't know the realities on the ground in the US.
United States

In June 2013, 11.8 million persons were unemployed, putting the unemployment rate at 7.6 percent. The economy is a large contributor to these numbers. After 9/11, the unemployment rate had skyrocketed to 4.9% , even higher than it was in June 2013.[9] The lack of jobs available and skills desired by employers are beginning to prove to be another major cause for graduate unemployment in the U.S. Graduates are completing school with a degree and a head full of knowledge, but still lack work experience to impress white-collar employers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduate_unemployment
[/size]
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Gabreal1(m): 9:41am On Oct 15, 2015
In the year 2012, according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Nigeria's unemployment rate was 54%.
So clearly, the number one country on that rank is way better!
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by DopeBoiRapy(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]You don't know the realities on the ground in the US.
United States

[/size]
wots ur point?, realities or no realities over half of Nigeria's working age population is unemployed... there is to much gap between us n other African countries not to talk of the western or eastern countries....dis unemployment issue is a very big problem in dis country.

1 Like

Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Op, pls how authentic is dis list? No Africa country ? Abi na for oniybos alone?
ask him oooh
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Orikinla(m): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2015
ebubemicky:
ask him oooh

Oyibos know say 75% of Africans are rural dwellers who live on agriculture. So, the remaining 25% in the urban areas are either secondary school leavers and graduates of tertiary institutions who in most cases have some kinds of employment in the formal or informal sectors.
Many of the hundreds of thousands of unemployed graduates in Nigeria are not JOBLESS.
They are either self-employed or do odd jobs like professional begging like a very pretty and sexy young woman I saw with her younger brother and sister on the road near the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos, then I saw her later sitting at a place on Awolowo Road in Ikoyi, begging passers-by. I felt like asking her to stop begging and come and work for me as a receptionist. She reminded me of Linda Ikeji modeling at 18.
Begging in high brow Ikoyi with her attractive face and curves, she can get up to N5, 000 daily and even more for extra services after the hours.
I was told that many female secondary school leavers and graduates are now engaged in prostitution from their homes using their GSM phones. They use 2go and other social networks for hookups. And many of the male secondary school leavers and graduates are their pimps.
Have you wondered how and why majority of the unemployed youths in Nigeria use the most expensive smart phones?
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by damiloladuke: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2015
where is naija

DO YOU NEED AN ADMIN FOR YOUR BLOG or You Wanna Read My Funny PERSONAL DIARY [size=14pt]...check my SIGNATURE[/size]
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Hemanwel(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
Does it mean that these countries have more unemployed graduates than Nigeria??For real life??
It's not every thread that makes front page.I doubt if this will make front page.Infact,I will lay cooked egg if this thread makes front page.
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Emmanuel602(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
A list like this with no African? Una never serious
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by PerlaNera: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Can't you read the source? It's only referring to the western world (Europe and North America)
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by gmacnoms(m): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
If nigeria is not on d top 3, den forget any list
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
Orikinla:

Oyibos know say 75% of Africans are rural dwellers who live on agriculture. So, the remaining 25% in the urban areas are either secondary school leavers and graduates of tertiary institutions who in most cases have some kinds of employment in the formal or informal sectors.
Many of the hundreds of thousands of unemployed graduates in Nigeria are not JOBLESS.
They are either self-employed or do odd jobs like professional begging like a very pretty and sexy young woman I saw with her younger brother and sister on the road near the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos, then I saw her later sitting at a place on Awolowo Road in Ikoyi, begging passers-by. I felt like asking her to stop begging and come and work for me as a receptionist. She reminded me of Linda Ikeji modeling at 18.
Begging in high brow Ikoyi with her attractive face and curves, she can get up to N5, 000 daily and even more for extra services after the hours.
I was told that many female secondary school leavers and graduates are now engaged in prostitution from their homes using their GSM phones. They use 2go and other social networks for hookups. And many of the male secondary school leavers and graduates are their pimps.
Have you wondered how and why majority of the unemployed youths in Nigeria use the most expensive smart phones?
clearly u don't reside in Nigeria. Do u knw how many people ruming the streets from morning to night without job? Do u knw how many are indoors cos they are tired of job hunting for yrs without results. Bros no come out talk this shit
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by Emmyk(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Topman0001:
Did you guys make the list? cheesy
Re: The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates by jaybee104(m): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
The list is true.. But old. Unemployment is everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Got This Invite / My Experience In Today's NBC Test By Dragnet / Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.