Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed (25810 Views)

Saraki Saved Buhari From Being Embarrassed In Court By IPOB - Northern Elders / REPORT | Acting President Controversy: How Saraki Saved Buhari Again / How Saraki saved Fowler, other nominees from Senate hammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Flashh: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2015
searay:
Er4r4fghj
You're older than this.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by toluwaniyahoo(f): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2015
It was the decision of the senate "just bow and go"
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by nnamdiosu(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbeyme:
You were listening to those that spoke into their microphones. Bukola Saraki heard the whole of the house.

exactly. plus if indeed the voices of those against lai were more.....trust those people na. they for start boxing match. as long as no one spoke out, or argued like ourebebe then.....all is well

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Mykelpato(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2015
If person talk say Saraki no save the man,
Turn to the person and say "Lai lie, bros u dey Lai"
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by omonnakoda: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2015
There is a convention after voice vote and the President rules one way and if there is still further objection then he has no choice than to organize a physical vote.The fact that they all kept quiet after his ruling tells me the nay sayers were not motivated or maybe they were joking. I suspect it was more a PDP thing given the role that he has played over the years

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by tinktanker: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbeyme:
You were listening to those that spoke into their microphones. Bukola Saraki heard the whole of the house.
so d ai no get mic abi? So na only nay get mic abi? Fool urself
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by ojemglo(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2015
ABEG WHAT TIME WILL ROTIMI AMAECHI SCREEN BY SENATE TODAY I KNOW WAN MISS MY MAN IN ACTION....MY ROLE MODEL.BACKING HIM WITH THE BIBLE BOOK OF JOHN 8:7
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Rexnegro(m): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2015
Those that said no was louder to yes...but I feel saraki don't want to be disgraced that his own state nominee is rejected n took the power betowned on him as d senate president to approve lai mohammed but it was wrong...he should be impeached for denying the will of the majority in d house...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Leyemoshood: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Obviously "ayes" are more than "nays" but the latter sounded louder, so what do you expect?

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/0
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by HRich(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2015
buchibrand:
It was obvious that the voice of those against the Kwara state ministerial nominee(now minister) was far above those in support, yet the senate president went ahead to confirm him. I wonder why the senate president had to rule-out the voice of the majority, could it be party loyalty or he has been condemned to doing just that?.

1. Has Saraki done well?
2. Could Saraki have done otherwise?
3. What would have happened if he had turn Lai mohamed down?
I see no reason Screening them if you know they are innocent. I use to like Saraki buh this have made me to hate him. Lair Mohamed una weldone.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Ghost01(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Mohammed would still have passed. Besides, there was no objections later after Saraki had confirmed his nomination. And I believe many of those who said "nay" said so in a cheerful manner.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by kinibigdeal(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
It was part of the deal between saraki, Akpabio and Buhari. The deal was to successfully screen Ameachi, Zakari Mohammed and Lai Mohammed for a drop charges against Saraki and Akpabio

buchibrand:
It was obvious that the voice of those against the Kwara state ministerial nominee(now minister) was far above those in support, yet the senate president went ahead to confirm him. I wonder why the senate president had to rule-out the voice of the majority, could it be party loyalty or he has been condemned to doing just that?.

1. Has Saraki done well?
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by ademoladeji(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Maybe OP no see sey even the minority leader Akpabio was in support of Lai Mohammed? Abi una no see as the opposition senators even stood up to handshake him while he was leaving the floor?

#ReceiveSight
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Lanceslot(m): 8:44am On Oct 15, 2015
What you are seeing is already planned game.... Fixed appointments, saraki is just a puppet in the hands of buhari. The outcome of amaechi's screening today has already been fixed.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by smoothlips(m): 8:46am On Oct 15, 2015
There is a voting screen, where members key in yes or No...the voice vote is just confirmation. Senate president takes decision based on d result on d screen not d voice vote
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by BabaO2: 8:48am On Oct 15, 2015
buchibrand:

1. Has Saraki done well?
How could the voice of less than 49 be more than 59. I said less than 49, because i know pdp senators that will not voice against Amaechi and Lai Mohammed. Moreover, all the 3 senators from his state approved him. Be sincere and stop distorting national issues. You are too petty thinking

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by AnanseK(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2015
buchibrand:

That's not the issue here. This man could better be referred to as "LIAR Mohammed". He told a whole lot of lies against the past administration just to oust Jona, and that was pretty wrong.

So it was Fani Kayode who told the truth?
Please wake up &
Don't insult the electorate.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by haftob(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbeyme:
Someone present at the screening confirmed to me that the "nay" was more resounding than the "aye"
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Goke7: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2015
Some guys are so funny, so they think pdp will be the one to decide and confirm ministers for an APC ruling govt? even the pdp members would have been amazed to see apc alllow them [pdp] to decide who becomes their ministers.

what a cheap blackmail
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2015
The originator of this thread has nothing to offer because it's dead on arrival-was he sleeping during the screening process?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by menxer: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2015
I was amazed that the "eyes" could smell what the "nays" couldn't. grin
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by princemillla(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2015
Moronic comment above...... Saraki rule in favour of lai Mohammed cuz of Apc is currently leading in the Senate. Apc are more than pdp and other. So if the Nay sound went on and you think he would just agreed to Nay when he knew Apc senators would never oppose Alh Lai Muhammed.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by sholasys: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Instead of Lai Mohammed to say what vision he has and how he's going to use his experience to contribute to the development of the country, he was throwing jabs at opposition.
He didnt say any meaningful thing yesterday
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Koleman(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2015
and the senators did not object?
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by mofayodeyahoo: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2015
Pdp senators were just playing, they dont mean the nay they pronuance, baba lie don beg dem advise dem to stay more in opposition so dat dey go understand why he was like dat
then.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by zoom007: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2015
buchibrand:

That's not the issue here. This man could better be referred to as "LIAR Mohammed". He told a whole lot of lies against the past administration just to oust Jona, and that was pretty wrong.
can you please remind us of one of the lies, you will fall my hand if you cant cite one ooo.
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Abeyjide: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2015
if he does not support,who else will he support?dont u knw is dancing to buhari tune
Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbeyme:

You'll agree that there's hardly anyone that is blameless. Everyone has a stain!

Its funny how u all were screeming before election how nobody with a stain can be in any part of the government. Now, fast forward to being in power, you have changed your tongues. So much for change

Re: Saraki Saved Lai Mohammed by sandraokosun: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2015
buchibrand:

I thought we voted for CHANGE? Such "Sinners" shouldn't be part of this "Saint" administration?
never say we, u didnt vote change, u never expected and would never expect any positive from pmb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home On Election Day / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.